Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children (17320 Views)

Dogara Meets Students Who Donated N300K To Boko Haram Victim (Photos) / Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by LilNetty(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
A 40 year old identified as Matthew Zira, (pictured below) says he's searching for his wife and seven children after members of Boko haram invaded their village in Michika LGA of Adamawa state on September 7th. A distraught Matthew narrated his ordeal to The Nation. Read what he said below..
My name is Matthew Zira. I am from Vi village in Minchika Local Government Area, Adamawa State. I was living comfortably with my family until that fateful Friday.

Before that day, there had been rumours that Boko Haram would attack the village, but no one knew when they would come. So on that day, as usual, I went out of the house to look for my daily bread. I ride commercial motorcycle in the village, I am also a farmer, and did the commercial motorcycle work when farm work was over.

So, I left home as early as 6 am on the 7th of September 2014 on my motorcycle to commence the business of the day. But at about noon, I started hearing gunshots and everyone said Boko Haram had arrived town. I immediately rushed back home to go and evacuate my family, but before I got home, they had fled along with other villagers to an unknown destination.

I went round town looking for them but could not find them. I went to the police station, hospitals and everywhere but could not find them. Before the evening of that day, Boko Haram had already taken over the entire village completely. I was advised not to go back home because all the houses in the village had been razed by Boko Haram.I fled to Minchika to continue the search for my children. Later, we had to flee to Yola when we heard that Boko Haram would attack Minchika. I spent one month in Yola searching everywhere for my children but I could not find them. Those of us who escaped from Vi village and other surrounding villages were camped at the NYSC camp in Yola. I thought of meeting my children there in the camp but they were not there.I had to come to Jos because I was told that thousands of Adamawa people ran to Jos. But I have searched all the IDP camps in Jos since the 5th of November when I arrived, I can’t still find them.

There is even no iota of information about where I could find them. “Others who lost their families during the rush to escape have found their people, but in my own case, I’m still searching in vain. It is only God that will reveal to me what happened to my family. So, I am only looking up to God now because I have done all that is humanly possible.

I am really in trauma; at night I can’t sleep, I keep thinking of my children. At times, if I am eating and the thought of the whereabouts of my children came to my mind, I will not be able to eat any longer, from that moment I will lose appetite.I am pleading with any Nigerian who knows where I can locate my children to contact me on my phone – 07037728905.

My wife’s name is Tinana Mathew. My seven children are Rita, Ziramatu, Tumbamatu, Kwata, Racheal and one-yearold Doris. Please, I am eagerly waiting for any information on their whereabouts.” he said

www.lindaikeji..com/2014/12/photo-boko-haram-victim-in-search-of.html

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by holatin(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
Sorry man, God go help u locate them

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by temitemi1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
So sad man...

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Maczeelly(m): 12:23am On Dec 14, 2014
Ok
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by teemanbastos(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2014
GOOGLE should help... i tink #jokesapart tho.. Lyk seriously
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Ksslib(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2014
So sad. May you find them all. Amen

10 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 14, 2014
Loving God, the hope and protector of all humankind; bless Mr. Mathew Zira whose loved ones are missing. The agony of not knowing whether his family is living or dead is a daily torture. Give unto him the blessing of your grace that he may face each day with courage and hope. and guard his families wherever they are from danger and harm and hold them in the blessing of your great love. Amen!!!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by nefertiitii: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2014
Eiyahh it is well
You will locate them soon

1 Like

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by condralbede(m): 12:25am On Dec 14, 2014
Success,as you continue your search, God's strength.
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by ONYX5(m): 12:25am On Dec 14, 2014
APC there's God ooooh
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by pussyeater(m): 12:26am On Dec 14, 2014
PDP @ work!

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Jhosh(m): 12:26am On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by MrTeymee(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2014
Been long I booked space. Ill comment wen I'm awake
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by pussyeater(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2014
Jhosh:
Guy nor dey book space jor! Abi here resemble ur backyard
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Promking: 12:27am On Dec 14, 2014
God help his search
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by hajarayau(m): 12:28am On Dec 14, 2014
Choii... badluck wan kill us ooo There's God oo

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by hensben(m): 12:28am On Dec 14, 2014
na wao...i feel like shedding tears...i am just thinking what he will be going through now.
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by pussyeater(m): 12:29am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
na wao...i feel like shedding tears
Do u need bucket?
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by hensben(m): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2014
pussyeater:

DO u need bucket?
No! i need baton to smash your head sad

8 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
na wao...i feel like shedding tears...i am just thinking what he will be going through now.

as in ehn , seven children cry

I pray he finds them safe and sound.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by pussyeater(m): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
No! i need ballet to smash your head sad
Go smash ur household head
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by kayalla(f): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2014
so sad. God will keep them safe and u will find them.
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by onadana: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2014
coolOne man,one wife and seven children....who heard rumors that Boko Haramites were coming and still went out to search for daily bread....heard gun shots....I mean is it not better to leave that area in the first place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by IdomaLikita: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2014
For those trivialising the sufferings of People in the North East Theatre! Here's something for you to gloat over!
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Suzyky4u(f): 12:32am On Dec 14, 2014
[b][/b]
LilNetty:
A 40 year old identified as Matthew Zira, (pictured below) says he's searching for his wife and seven children after members of Boko haram invaded their village in Michika LGA of Adamawa state on September 7th. A distraught Matthew narrated his ordeal to The Nation. Read what he said below..
My name is Matthew Zira. I am from Vi village in Minchika Local Government Area, Adamawa State. I was living comfortably with my family until that fateful Friday.

Before that day, there had been rumours that Boko Haram would attack the village, but no one knew when they would come. So on that day, as usual, I went out of the house to look for my daily bread. I ride commercial motorcycle in the village, I am also a farmer, and did the commercial motorcycle work when farm work was over.

So, I left home as early as 6 am on the 7th of September 2014 on my motorcycle to commence the business of the day. But at about noon, I started hearing gunshots and everyone said Boko Haram had arrived town. I immediately rushed back home to go and evacuate my family, but before I got home, they had fled along with other villagers to an unknown destination.

I went round town looking for them but could not find them. I went to the police station, hospitals and everywhere but could not find them. Before the evening of that day, Boko Haram had already taken over the entire village completely. I was advised not to go back home because all the houses in the village had been razed by Boko Haram.I fled to Minchika to continue the search for my children. Later, we had to flee to Yola when we heard that Boko Haram would attack Minchika. I spent one month in Yola searching everywhere for my children but I could not find them. Those of us who escaped from Vi village and other surrounding villages were camped at the NYSC camp in Yola. I thought of meeting my children there in the camp but they were not there.I had to come to Jos because I was told that thousands of Adamawa people ran to Jos. But I have searched all the IDP camps in Jos since the 5th of November when I arrived, I can’t still find them.

There is even no iota of information about where I could find them. “Others who lost their families during the rush to escape have found their people, but in my own case, I’m still searching in vain. It is only God that will reveal to me what happened to my family. So, I am only looking up to God now because I have done all that is humanly possible.

I am really in trauma; at night I can’t sleep, I keep thinking of my children. At times, if I am eating and the thought of the whereabouts of my children came to my mind, I will not be able to eat any longer, from that moment I will lose appetite.I am pleading with any Nigerian who knows where I can locate my children to contact me on my phone – 07037728905.

My wife’s name is Tinana Mathew. My seven children are Rita, Ziramatu, Tumbamatu, Kwata, Racheal and one-yearold Doris. Please, I am eagerly waiting for any information on their whereabouts.” he said

www.lindaikeji..com/2014/12/photo-boko-haram-victim-in-search-of.html

Don't worry, you will find "your children" smh!
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Oildichotomy(m): 12:32am On Dec 14, 2014
Baba only you with motor cycle , seven children shocked

Nigerians are really suffering in the North-East.. Government should please do something and please abeg Nigerians should reduce the amount of thrusting ah ah

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by hensben(m): 12:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Elantracey:

as in ehn , seven children cry

I pray he finds them safe and sound.
Amen! sweery u aiint sleeping yet wink
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
Amen! sweery u aiint sleeping yet wink

not yet but soon .
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by hensben(m): 12:35am On Dec 14, 2014
pussyeater:

I will smash my household head
OK smiley

1 Like

Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 14, 2014
It is well.
Re: Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children by pussyeater(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
No! i need baton to smash my papa head sad
Really? Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply / I Didn’t Reconcile With Fayose- Aluko / A Soldier Teaching IDPs In Borno Camp (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.