Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? (15067 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Why Do You Want To Make Heaven/paradise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Howmanage: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2014
vfactor:
Well, I do not believe the notion that ALL good people will go to heaven. Some good people will, but not all. Those who go have a job to keep them busy for many lifetimes: that of ruling as kings and serving as preists (Rev. 5:9,10).

For the rest of obedient mankind whom God count worthy of living on the earth forever (Psalms 37:11 & 29), they have lots of things to do. I can not evisage all but work no dey finish for this world: from remodelling the earth from what it is now to what's suppose to, with gadens and flowers and good road networks to studying plants and animals of various species. They'll also the opportunity to improve on and even discover more advance and earthfriendly technologies. Imagine a car running on carbon dioxide and emitting oxygen! Not to talk of opportunities to learn different skills, crafts and arts as your heart desires, travel to different parts of the earth (on foot, if you wish. After all u aint dying, what's d rush), have your own collections of flowers frm different part of the world, learn architecture so u could design ur mansion by the lake and the list is endless. And more importantly, endless opportunity to learn about God and his wisdom forever. What to do is never lacking
same here
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by CoCoLav(f): 7:34am On Dec 14, 2014
Its your flesh that makes you desire fun and sex. Once your flesh is shed off and you have just your spirit, you no longer desire earthly pleasure so you could praise God for eternity without feeling like something is missing.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 14, 2014
Howmanage:
same here

Really? Good to meet you bro( or sis?)

2 Likes

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by johnydon22(m): 7:38am On Dec 14, 2014
Mintayo:
smh at people ignorance, in Heaven We Will be like Jesus, We will be attended to like Jesus by the angels and other messengers. it's Not just about singing and clapping.

so for ur mind you will be served by angels forever... hahahahahaha even if thats true still what will u be doing for eternity... boredom go soon wound you. . . grin
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 14, 2014
Nehemiah459:
Curious . . . .

Heaven is the final resting place for those who obey and live according to God's word.

What shall we be doing there when we get there?

Remember, No sex, death, party, etc...

Only 144000 worthy people will ascend to heaven , the rest remain on a refurbished earth with all the ills of our current world gone.

Don't you guys read the bible ?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by clemzo101(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2014
Thank u my broda!!! Abeg help me ask am
Mathicks:
Praying for what exactly?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by vanndubi: 7:39am On Dec 14, 2014
From comments so far, it is clear that humans were not designed to in the heavens with God. Psalm 115:16 says:"The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men".

As for the life in the new earth (2 Peter 3:13- Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness), human would lead the peaceful life that has eluded humans since the fall of Adam.

Psalm 37:9-11 confirms that, it says: "For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace"

That's my Bible based take smiley

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 14, 2014
CoCoLav:
Its your flesh that makes you desire fun and sex. Once your flesh is shed off and you have just your spirit, you no longer desire earthly pleasure so you could praise God for eternity without feeling like something is missing.

Really? I've read in the bible that angels (spirits), DESIRED the daughters of men to have sex with them. They were SPIRITS, and they DESIRED SEX. So they took human form and came to have sex on earth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2014
emperorchedda:
If there is a heaven! We'll clap from morning to night
When you're hungry - Clap
When you're horrny - Clap
When you feel like rocking - Clap
When you wanna drink star - Clap
When all the big booty babes come across you - Clap

God no just send una...

lwkmd , guy craze dey do you , no make me pour my food for ground

2 Likes

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by klarke(m): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2014
Heaven is not some mythical place where we do nothing but float in the cloud lazily.
Heaven is more real than reality itself.
It has a landscape and vegetation and divers species of birds & other animals, & flowers.
There are buildings in heaven (houses, mansions); Jesus said, "in My Father's house, there are many mansions..."
In all these, remember there is perfection. No dust, no dirt, no rust, no rot & offcourse no sun or moon, for the Glory of God illuminates the endless landscape of heaven.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2014
Heaven is not the final resting place. Remember there would be a new heaven and a new earth. Another earth......so just imagine Adam and Eve didn't fall,how would they be living? I think that's how we would be living.*just a thought.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by johnydon22(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Only 144000 worthy people will ascend to heaven , the rest remain on a refurbished earth with all the ills of our current world gone.

Don't you guys read the bible ?

dont forget its 144,000 from the twelve tribes of isreal... hehehehehe why not y'all open ur eyes all this things are always about the jews, cus the jews brought it to being.
anyway keep on hyping it shaaaa nothing do una... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
It wud b so boring if all we do is sing n a lot of crap, my assertion is dat we wud still b d way we are on earth, just dat tins wud b relatively easy, negativity eliminated

but one thing is so sure... There wud still be constant competition

If there will be constant competition, don't you think that will encourage negativity? Just checking so you clarify the contradictions.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2014
wait o......GOD SAID WE ARE CREATED IN HIS OWN IMAGE.......JESUS SAID IN MY FATHERS MANSION DERE ARE MANY HOUSES BAH??.........hen.......i tink wat we do will still be done dere.......in the houses sum will be gateman househelp cleaner..........imaginary tinx tho
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 14, 2014
johnydon22:

dont forget its 144,000 from the twelve tribes of isreal... hehehehehe why not y'all open ur eyes all this things are always about the jews, cus the jews brought it to being.
anyway keep on hyping it shaaaa nothing do una... grin

I knowingly didn't add that cos people will claim we are all descendent from them
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2014
HE seems HE also said the land are made of GOLD.......hmmmm ibo boix dah place no be for business o
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by akwara1234: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2014
God's did not make dis earth 4 notin. That was y he created Ada and eve, placed them in a garden and told them to multiply n fill d earth. But when they sined,they lost dat prospect. So when evil poeple are distroyed from dis earth, only the faitful will remain and fulfil God's original purpose. Heaven is 4 a limited number of poaple (144000) like Juses' faitful apostle and others who the holy spirit beared withness to. There work will be to rule over those on earth. 3338880C if u need more explining and bible passages dat bact it up.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by ojeffo: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2014
hustla:
Ask Seun Osewa undecided
Seun is muslim..muslims dnt hv heaven....ASK SHEKAU
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Etetejake(m): 7:52am On Dec 14, 2014
Onmason:
There just has to be something to keep us occupied because 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop' Maybe cooking, gardening, exercising, reading the bible, attending qoir practice, singing, dancing, swimming, maybe, just MAYBE.....but for us to know precisely what, I strongly suggest that the author of the topic visits heaven to bring us the EXPO, lol!
That proverb doesn't imply in heaven. No devil again talk more of his workshop

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by bola4dprec(m): 7:56am On Dec 14, 2014
They will have there all that their hearts desire and in which
their eyes find delight. You will remain in it timelessly,
forever. (Surat az-Zukhruf: 71) We can get a general idea of what Paradise is like from the fact that the blessings of Paradise are similar to those in this world (Surat al-Baqara, 25) and from the descriptions and comparisons found in the Qur'an. Allah said in the Qur'an that He "will admit them into Paradise, which He has made known to them." (Surah Muhammad, 6) So we can, with Allah's permission, glean some information while still living this earthly life. However, Allah bestows this knowledge only to give us"an idea of what Paradise is like, for in reality its beauty and blessings are beyond our conception. For example, the verse "in it there are rivers of water that will never spoil, and rivers of milk whose taste will never change, and rivers of wine, delightful to all who drink it, and rivers of honey of undiluted purity" (Surah Muhammad, 15) shows us that Paradise contains excellences that cannot be compared with things in this world. A hadith also indicates this unimaginable beauty: Allah said: "I have prepared for My pious servants things which have never been seen by an eye, nor heard by an ear, or (even) imagined by a human being." (Muslim) In one verse, Allah says that believers will live in Paradise as His welcome guests: But those who heed their Lord will have Gardens through which rivers flow, to live in for ever as a welcome from Allah. What is with Allah is better for those who are truly
good. (Surah Al 'Imran, 198) In this verse, Allah describes Paradise as a place of celebration. The end of the world, passing the test, and
reaching one's true homeland is certainly a reward worth
celebrating. This celebration's duration, dimensions, and
content will be too glorious to compare with anything on
Earth.
An eternal life full of such never-ending blessings brings a
joy that belongs only to Paradise: not to grow tired.
Believers in Paradise speak of this excellence as "no
weariness or fatigue affects us" (Surah Fatir, 35).

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the
tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of
God. (Revelation 2:7)
Based on the above verse, if we can find where the tree of
life is located we will know where paradise resides. Near the
very end of Revelation God reveals he will create a New
Jerusalem. "Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God . . ." (Revelation 21:1-3). "And he (an angel) showed me (John) a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the TREE OF LIFE . . ." (Revelation 22:1-2)
Since the tree of life is located IN the New Jerusalem so is
paradise! Also note that the city comes "OUT of heaven"
where God resides. This means that heaven and paradise
are SEPARATE places and do not refer to the same thing. And where is the new city placed? On the new earth! The Bible says in verse 3 of Revelation 21 above that "the tabernacle of God is WITH MEN..." - meaning where men had lived - EARTH

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2014
Who said no party in heaven? smiley
I dunno about you, but with the right kind of praise, that to me is a party.

You get your own mansion and compound of THINGS YOU LOVE.

You thought a $200,000 cammarro was something? Wait till you see the one you'd be driving there.

You can run for as long as you like without needing to catch wind. I'd imagine you can also just fly if you want to survey the landscape (maybe with special permits lol)

Meet all sorts of varied intelligent life forms.

You can invite others, throw a bash with lots of food, not that you NEED to eat, you can just do so without fear of it going to places.

Sex is overrated. I mean if you really think about it, you would agree. Your new body would have no craving for it.

You would have projects to work on. Things to tinker with. Making machines, gadgets and vehicles from living metal, like you see in scifi movies. For someone like me, I'd love that!

You get to take part in creation of new things. Given jurisdiction of things you create, etc etc.

Don't have to think about money and it's assorted wahala.

And after all this, you get to chill with THE KING!!!!

Omo mehn, it beats both here AND the other place

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Etetejake(m): 7:58am On Dec 14, 2014
Feranmicharles:
1-Halleluyah chorus all through

2- you gatta ask Jesus or God(if viisble then),some qstns like is it apple that adam and eve ategrin And other rhetorical qstns

3- jesus will be telling some stories that are abscure when u were still on earth undecided

4- You will meet new ppl(biblical) like,Moses,stephen,Mary,peter. And all others. As 4 me I would like 2 meet joseph and ask him that "hey bro, cun teach me ao 2 overcome ladies seduction" grin

5-i still dey wonder sha,shey na dis routine we go cun dey 4 ever. No more NLsad no BBM , no Internet sad

Na only YOU understand o,God

There will b mind communication since the place will be quite. Nairaland will become Jesusland. There will be no need to type bkx everything comments, post, quote,report,like, will be thinking only. Chai, I can't wait ooo. U just close your eyes to login and open your eyes to logoff.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by UncleSnr(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2014
Nehemiah459:
Curious . . . .

Heaven is the final resting place for those who obey and live according to God's word.

What shall we be doing there when we get there?

Remember, No sex, death, party, etc...

Nehemiah459 you cancelled SEX because some people believe that they will get virgins there ba? (but I feel say na their own better pass oh..)
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by kenock: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2014
If you read your bible, you will get to know that heaven will be great, like Apostle Paul says, as it is written, 1 Corinthians 2:9 “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—
So you see what we will see their, is worth more than this present life, there is a verse in the bible that says the road and streets over there are made of gold, you can now just imagine that only little revelation.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by klarke(m): 8:08am On Dec 14, 2014
There'll never ever be boredom in heaven. Don't forget that the maker and builder(architect) of heaven is God. The same God that endowed man with an awesome creative mind. How can u say heaven will be boring? A place designed by God Almighty Himself, haba! There's always activity in heaven, there's work, there is technology.... Unimaginable wonder and bliss.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2014
Confused....all of 'em. smiley
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Toks2008(m): 8:09am On Dec 14, 2014
I laugh inpidgin to the responses i have been reading

Now get this clear, in heaven we will live just as we do on earth except for marrying and having sex.

Every activity on earth asides the sinful ones take place in heaven, there will be eating,drinking sportin and infact every kind of sports asides violent ones are there.

You will eat anytype of food yu want not because you are hungry but because you love to eat the food.

I can continue on and on nut i know you guys will strat to ask me, have you been there? But the truth is spelt out in the lords parayer.

THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

Also as we know, just as GOD showed JOHn in revelation a glimpse o heaven in same manner GOD have been taking people to heaven to see a glimpse of paradise and their stories have all been the same.

Trust me, heaven is a billion times more fascinating,enjoyable and beautiful than this earth and you can take a cue from the fact that the things men die for on earth is used to make just the floors of the streets of heaven taking about pure gold, a rare type.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by kenock: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2014
If you read your bible, you will get to know that heaven will be great, like Apostle Paul says, as it is written, 1 Corinthians 2:9 “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—
So you see what we will see their, is worth more than this present life, there is a verse in the bible that says the road and streets over there are made of gold, you can now just imagine that only little revelation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by obomobo: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2014
make i reach there first
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by 9Ace: 8:15am On Dec 14, 2014
We will be busy screwing 72 wide-eyed, big-breasted virgins.

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by rattlesnake(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2014
hustla:
Ask Seun Osewa undecided
he his not going undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by klarke(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2014
Off to church to worship my Father.
See you later!
*singing I live to worship you* by Darlene Zchech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week / Testimony Of Heaven And Hell And Rapture To Soon Happen By Pastor Rodolfo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.