Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister (17262 Views)

How Police Killed My 6 Months Pregnant Wife: Widower Cries Out (photo) / How Police Arrested Alleged Cross-border Robbery Gang (photo) / I Killed My Friend, Buried Him In Shallow Grave –suspect (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by londonrivals: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2014
Some policemen attached to Maroko police station, Lagos State, have been accused of kill­ing a 24-year old man, Aondona Tavershima and buried him in a shallow grave at Lekki beach.

Five of the suspected policemen are now currently in police detention. The victim, a motorcycle operator, was alleged to have refused to stop when he was accosted by the policemen who were said to be on patrol at about 11am on the fateful day.
“On realizing that he was dead, the police­men picked his corpse and put it behind their patrol vehicle, a Toyota Hilux Van, and covered it with tyres. They drove to the beach and buried him. We were the ones who alerted the family that their brother had been killed and buried,”the eyewitness disclosed.

Narrating the incident to Sunday Sun on phone, Aondona’s elder sister, Linda, said she got to know about the incident on Thursday, November 11, 2014.“I knew that he left for Lekki with his friend and when he did not come back, I assumed that he had gone to spend time with his friends.

When I was told that my brother was killed, my people visited the scene and saw the grave. We later discov­ered that the policemen were from Maroko police station and we went to lodge a com­plaint. They promised to invite SCID Panti to exhume the body, as it was not their job. At night, they came and exhumed the body and kept it in a mortuary. The DPO later called me and requested that they would pay us N10 mil­lion to end the matter. They said we should go home and think about it and get back to them,”Linda alleged.

Similarly, an in-law to the deceased, Dominic David, claimed that he was told that policemen were trying to ar­rest Aondona and he refused to stop.“They opened fire on him and shot him.
And even when he fell down, they still continued to shoot.
Initially, they wanted to abandon the corpse, but the owner of the house near where he was killed insisted that they must carry the corpse away.”

“They took his body to Lekki beach and buried him in a grave and covered the burial site with leaves and old carton. Unfortunately, some of the people who witnessed the crime knew us very well and alerted us. They promised that Panti was going to investigate the matter but up till date, they have not done anything about it.”

The lawyer representing the family, Barrister Mindia Chibok, said the family intends to legally seek redress on the injustice meted out to the victim. We expect that by now the matter should have been transferred to an ap­propriate authority and not the same police sta­tion where the crime was committed. We hope that the police authority will order a thorough in­vestigation and ensure that the suspects, includ­ing those who are currently at large be arrested and made to face the wrath of the law.
I gathered that six of the suspects are current­ly at large while five others are in police custody.

Confirming the incident, Lagos Police com­mand spokesman, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said that as soon as the Commissioner of Police for Lagos State got wind of the incident, he ordered an immediate arrest of the suspected policemen who were alleged to have participated in the kill­ing.

“Five policemen are currently being detained, while State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, has since commenced an investigation. If found guilty, the officers will be made to face the wrath of the law,”Nwosu said.

www.metronaija.com/how-police-killed-my-brother-buried-him-begged-us-with-n10m-sister/
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Movesz(m): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2014
Lets do space keeping for the dead..,MESSAGE... Remember the police is your friend...hood boies help me tell the world#fvck the po_po police.. keep it gangstar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Obynobyl(m): 8:07am On Dec 14, 2014
Hmm, people meant to protect you are now the ones killing you, I wonder what this country is turning into.

2 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Movesz(m): 8:12am On Dec 14, 2014
Obynobyl:
Hmm, people meant to protect you are now the ones killing you, I wonder what this country is turning into.
just be the best.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 14, 2014
Rest In Peace Bro.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by BRAV0O(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2014
Useless bunch of police! That's how they open fire on a guy like that the other day coming bk from work' current nigeria police need serious brain examine , if you see the way they're shooting that their nonsense gun over anybody refusing to give them tip ehen ? See how they just wasted that guy life now...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by juman(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2014
Which kind of country is this?

This is very sad country.

The police that supposed to be protecting people but instead killing them anyhow.

This is anarchical and senseless.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Winken: 8:26am On Dec 14, 2014
I hate Nigerian police. Useless set of mad men with guns

12 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by mistabiola: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Now Police are becoming serial tormentor of the peace of the Nation, how I wish I could lay my hand on that police, this is why Nigerians won't stop jungle justice cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by hushmail: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2014
i pray d culprits r severely dealt with

mayb others will learn
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by teemy(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2014
a good thing the state police chief did not allow this to be covered up.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by remsonik(f): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2014
Nigerian police and unlawful killings. Nawa o. I pray his family gets justice
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by ypzilanti: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2014
Let justice be served. RIP.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by otokx(m): 11:13am On Dec 14, 2014
Nigeria O Nigeria.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Henrypraise: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2014
Lol @ Barr. CHIBOK.

D NPF needs total overhaul, so many muderers in d force n de don't knw d ethics of d profession all de knw how to do is fabricate report.

1 Like

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by 100Cents: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Movesz:
Lets do space keeping for the dead.

When people read stories they have never experienced, this is the way they behave ..

4 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Movesz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
100Cents:

Mumu..

When people read stories they have never experienced, this is the way they behave ..
eya sorry ehn..how you matter be...you don chop? You go drink garri? Milk dey oh no shame you hear i be your father brother.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by anytaij: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
Just bury person pickin wen him mama suffer born people are so wicked ooooo. Their generation will neva find peace . Useless police men .

1 Like

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Hero10001: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Why him no stop and roja them N100?
Well, N10m compensation is fine cos justice no fit wake dedi body o.
If na SARS kill am, na sara be that.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by anytaij: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hero10001:
Why him no stop and roja them N100?
Well, N10m compensation is fine cos justice no fit wake dedi body o.
If na SARS kill am, na sara be that.

How sure re you that they will give dem d 10M leave mata jare for example peo wen die for NIS den how many of dem u hear say dem don give automatic employment wen dem take compasate dem . Shine ur eyes na 9ja we dey na mouth dem dey take talk dem no dey do am .

2 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Hero10001: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
anytaij:

How sure re you that they will give dem d 10M leave mata jare for example peo wen die for NIS den how many of dem u hear say dem don give automatic employment wen dem take compasate dem . Shine ur eyes na 9ja we dey na mouth dem dey take talk dem no dey do am .
lol!
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by ejlee(m): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
i Hate Nigeria Police, sometimes when i see them i feel like vomiting

3 Likes

Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Most of them are usually drunk,so they act irrationally...
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by holatin(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
what ??
Nigeria police are a big turn off for me.
Dat system need to wash and rinse of its dirt.

Nigeria police force are place a lot of tout run to for immunity.
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by OCTAVO: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
Wow!
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
ok
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Pajames4all: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
real wickedness
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Redemed: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
Wow eq
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by Redemed: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
(Wow fp) the evil men do stays with them, but the good they do only comes back after a while
Re: How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
na wa
]
so this is happening in nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) / Lagos: Woman Drags Hubby To Court For Inserting Pepper Into Her Private Part / Nigerian 'Gay' Refugee Rapes Woman In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.