Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice (987 Views)

Question And Answer On Tithe / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes / Cursed If You Don't Tithe - Please Vote and Let us discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Homebaked: 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
I am a member of a congregation that teaches and practices tithing as one of its core doctrines. Tithing is a cash cow here and full compliance is enforced by denial of privileges to any one who consistently violates this doctrine. I had been faithful in payment, wary of the 'devourer threat' from Malachi, until the full import of the new covenant of Jesus Christ dawned on me. Now I know that the truth is being suppressed just to ensure that the congregation continues to enjoy funding through tithing. I am a sunday school teacher and already cued to teach on tithing next Sunday ,exclusively, from a handbook designed to keep the truth hidden. If you were in my situation what would you do? Leaving the congregation is not an option for me yet.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by nora544: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
Homebaked:
I am a member of a congregation that teaches and practices tithing as one of its core doctrines. Tithing is a cash cow here and full compliance is enforced by denial of privileges to any one who consistently violates this doctrine. I had been faithful in payment, wary of the 'devourer threat' from Malachi, until the full import of the new covenant of Jesus Christ dawned on me. Now I know that the truth is being suppressed just to ensure that the congregation continues to enjoy funding through tithing. I am a sunday school teacher and already cued to teach on tithing next Sunday ,exclusively, from a handbook designed to keep the truth hidden. If you were in my situation what would you do? Leaving the congregation is not an option for me yet.

Please when you are a real christian than you have to preach the truth and not the heresy prosperity gospel.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by PastorKun(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Homebaked:

I suggest you start by discussing the truth that has been revealed to you about tithes to your church leadership. Though it's highly unlikely they agree with you (cause of the love for money) you would at least succeed in challenging them to re examine the scriptures on the tithe doctrine.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Goshen360(m): 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
@ Homebaked,

I agree with PastorKun. You should see the leadership first and tell them or him you can't teach that subject based on your conviction on the full revelation of the new covenant and you'll appreciate to discuss with him or them and if possible, another one can handle the topic in your stead. However, be reminded, you'll face hard time from these men who suppress the truth and you'll have to brace yourself for coming challenges. Assuming I'm you, I will stand for\with the truth even if I'm standing alone.

1 Like

Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Homebaked: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
I once raised the issue during a seminar on church doctrine. My pastor was ruffled by the questions I posed for which there were no reasonable answers, fearing our discourse might get some members pondering over the topic, he overruled me. It is known among the pastoral rank that I do not subscribe to tithing but noticing my zealousness about caring for the needy and children as well as using certain inate gifts to glorify God in the church has prevented my outright expulsion.
PastorKun:

I suggest you start by discussing the truth that has been revealed to you about tithes to your church leadership. Though it's highly unlikely they agree with you (cause of the love for money) you would at least succeed in challenging them to re examine the scriptures on the tithe doctrine.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Goshen360(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Homebaked:
I once raised the issue during a seminar on church doctrine. My pastor was ruffled by the questions I posed for which there were no reasonable answers, fearing our discourse might get some members pondering over the topic, he overruled me. It is known among the pastoral rank that I do not subscribe to tithing but noticing my zealousness about caring for the needy and children as well as using certain inate gifts to glorify God in the church has prevented my outright expulsion.

Then you have a choice and freewill to respectfully turn down the call to teach tithe against your conviction. Believe me, you will be hypocrite if you do that and Christ is against hypocrisy in His Church. Kindly tell the leadership or pastor you can't teach that subject on Sunday school next week and if asked the reason. You can discuss. It doesn't necessarily mean you leave the church except them start persecuting you anyway. You can remain there and still not practice tithing except again you want to leave on conviction.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Homebaked: 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
@Goshen360
A worthy advice indeed- to respectfully turn down the call to teach against my conscience. Thanks.
Goshen360:

Then you have a choice and freewill to respectfully turn down the call to teach tithe against your conviction. Believe me, you will be hypocrite if you do that and Christ is against hypocrisy in His Church. Kindly tell the leadership or pastor you can't teach that subject on Sunday school next week and if asked the reason. You can discuss. It doesn't necessarily mean you leave the church except them start persecuting you anyway. You can remain there and still not practice tithing except again you want to leave on conviction.

1 Like

Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by PastorKun(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
Homebaked:

Your Pastor's response is classic0 and it proves to me so many of our church leaders know the truth about the invalidity of the tithe doctrine under the new covenant. It's mostly greed and covetousness that is making them stick to the glaringly false doctrine.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by lastmessenger: 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
Believe me in few years time Nigerian Christians will stop tithing. The fight is on and many people are cueing in.
These thieves must be exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by Homebaked: 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
Most messages today are hollow and no longer pull at the heart's strings of people towards benevolence and charity. It is all about individual prosperity and well-being that serves the flesh alone. So now, funds have to be extracted by means of the fear factor- the devourer. I also noticed that the quest to occupy positions near the top of the church pyramid has lured many pastors away from the truth
PastorKun:

Your Pastor's response is classic0 and it proves to me so many of our church leaders know the truth about the invalidity of the tithe doctrine under the new covenant. It's mostly greed and covetousness that is making them stick to the glaringly false doctrine.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by brocab: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
Not only in Nigerian, but exposed around our nations.
More and more people are hearing the truth, soon everyone will have to repent.
What about the well knowing prosperity preachers many of us looked up too.
Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, etc.
Have all been exposed.
I haven't seen a Church yet, who don't preach on the prosperity tithing messages.
They know the truth but they don't preach it, Why?
Most Churches receive a hand out from their Governments, selling their own souls to the Devil, taking with them those who chose to follow.
And with out that support they believe their Churches will die in a day.
The lord has opened that door, seek and you will find-knock and it will be open.
The truth WILL SET YOU FREE.
Tougher times are heading our way.
lastmessenger:
Believe me in few years time Nigerian Christians will stop tithing. The fight is on and many people are cueing in.
These thieves must be exposed.
Re: Teaching On Tithe: Please Advice by brocab: 1:54am On Dec 18, 2014
Most likely you will have to leave your church, the pastors-leaders won't agree with you, they have been twisting bible verses around so long, even they have forgotten the truth.
And the out come to that is, get ready for an argument.
We do it all the time on this forum, with people who still believe in the old laws of tithing.
Praise the lord, the truth has set you free.
Homebaked:

(1) (Reply)

Colourful Annual Thanksgiving And First Sunday Service In My Church. (Pix) / After Murdering Christians ISIS Fighter Has Vision Of Jesus / Do All Religions Lead To God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.