Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,692 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons (660 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Nairalanders...can You Bet This Amount Of Money On Buhari Or GEJ? / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by TRUTHTELA: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
I noticed that majority of Nigerians who chose to be OBJECTIVE are not going to vote, simply because they're not IMPRESSED with the two presidential candidates.

If you're indifferent and not going to vote for Jonathan nor Buhari, you have my RESPECT and it will be nice to read your opinion about them.
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Youngzedd(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
The two are not qualified to rule this country.

Corruption everywhere.

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by SirHouloo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
Even though the two aren't qualified, I ll still stick to the willing hearted weakling that could still be controlled ahead of an expired selfwilled mafia.
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by golor(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
Jona no try, we need try anoda person

3 Likes

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by deeozi(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Recycling of the old cargos. Is there no balm in gilead?
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by ogb5(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Would have liked it better if Jonathan has used the power of the presidency to put some people in their place. I am disappointed in him because of that. Though if he had done that some people would have called it witch hunting, but I would have preferred that.

As for Buhari, nothing will make me vote for him. For one, he is a weakling, who was tossed about by Idiagbon, his deputy in the 80's .
A religious fanatics who sees nothing wrong in trying to promote Islam over other religions with the instruments of state.
And Buhari knows nothing about economics. In today's world, simply signing a wrong trade treaty can easily put a nation in economic slavery for years. I can never trust Buhari to make the right economic decision. Even his personal life is an economic failure. Why should I entrust the economic future of my children in the hands of an economic failure.

And Buhari never really care about anyone in the south. His very lopsided PTF projects and selective jailing of southern politicians in the 80's are just too glaring to be ignored.
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
We need to move forward not 30 years backward

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
GMB from 2015. Let's elect the right person to steer this country to where it used to be, then someone else (fashola) can continue from where he stopped. Not a clueless weakling that doesn't care about the lives of nigerians being lost daily

2 Likes

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Tabon: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
I will vote for GEJ and not BUHARI with the following reasons.
1. Buhari is inexperience politically. All the years he contested for the president,he emerged as a consensus candidate except this recent one, he would have been disgraced by Atiku if not for the APC governors.
2. Military head of state is diffrent from democratically elected government. Buhari 1st tenure will be a learning process for him which will take the country backward.
3. His military background will affect his relationship with the national assembly esp the process of law making as oppose to the use of decree.
4. He is weak,too old for Nigeria.
5.Can't bring the needed change because all the people aroun him. such as Tinubu, Amaechi etc are all corrupt.
6. He overthrew democratically elected gov in 1983 and definitely nemesis will catch up with him.
7. He is a religious fanatics. That's my view. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by mamajohn(f): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
GMB all the way, GEJ is a celebrated failure

2 Likes

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
I see a co-relation between how Buhari treated Nigerians in the 1980s and the fact that his leisure activities include herding cows!

I am confident that this man must have been practicing his repressive attitudes on cows all these years and if given a chance to be president we should get ready for full blown dictatorship!

Nigerians should not take our freedom for granted, this is still Africa. It can still go wrong!
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Tabon: 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
I still think GEJ is better. GEJ has really tried for Nigeria, but because the northerners are selfish and this "born to rule mentality", they instituted spurious and unfounded blackmails against GEJ just to give him a bad name to give credence for change as being canvass by the opposition party. I bet U BUHARi will be disgraced out of office within 6months if he becomes the president. But he can't be President.

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by CyberWolf: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
I will vote GEJ just to tell northerners that they don't own Nigeria alone..
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by donphilopus: 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
^^^^^So many daft reasons for voting GEJ. I'm disappointed. Are Jonathanians this unintelligent?!

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by meccuno: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
donphilopus:
^^^^^So many daft reasons for voting GEJ. I'm disappointed. Are Jonathanians this unintelligent?!
@ least they aired their views and I learnt something from them. So what did I learn from you?? Nothing!! And you keep wondering who is the daft one.obviously,u need a brain transplant.

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by Lafem(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Am still on the fence on this one. But one thing I'd like to ask GEJ supporters is this: WHAT WILL THE PRESIDENT DO IN HIS SECOND TERM (ASSUMING HE WINS) THAT HE CAN'T DO NOW TO STOP THIS BOKO-HARAM MADNESS? I hate to imagine this current carnage going on for another 4-years. In fairness, I believe he's performed well in a lot of ways, but the insecurity headache is a HUGE problem for me.

Thanx in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by donphilopus: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
meccuno:
@ least they aired their views and I learnt something from them. So what did I learn from you?? Nothing!! And you keep wondering who is the daft one.obviously,u need a brain transplant.

You're daft to the core. You actually learned what from them?! That they won't vote Buhari because he's a Northerner?! Or because he cannot be controlled?! Or because people call him a religious fanatic?! How does practising his religion make him a fanatic?! So if I speak in tongue, I'm a fanatic?! Or you learned from someone who said he doesn't want to move 30yrs backward, thus GEJ till 2019?! Or from somebody who said Atiku would have disgraced him, if not for the support of APC Governors?! Or somebody that said he wouldn't vote (for) him because he's too old for Nigeria?! Are these reasons genuine enough not to vote someone. Does age determine someone's ability to lead?! Have youths not failed us?! Have you forgotten Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori and other youths who stole us dry?!

Insulting me instead of quoting me like a civilised guy shows how uncultured, uncivilised and uncouth you are!
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by ogb5(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Lafem:
Am still on the fence on this one. But one thing I'd like to ask GEJ supporters is this: WHAT WILL THE PRESIDENT DO IN HIS SECOND TERM (ASSUMING HE WINS) THAT HE CAN'T DO NOW TO STOP THIS BOKO-HARAM MADNESS? I hate to imagine this current carnage going on for another 4-years. In fairness, I believe he's performed well in a lot of ways, but the insecurity headache is a HUGE problem for me.

Thanx in anticipation.

I don't know if I qualify to be called a Jonathan supporter. But concerning your question of stopping boko haram. What I believe is that boko haram will not last beyond 2015 for the following reasons.

Boko haram is strong today because of sympathy it enjoys among northern politicians and some sections of the military. If Jonathan win they will simply see it that they have lost the game plan and start thinking of another way to get power in 2019. Northern support for boko haram will wane then and Goodluck will not really have to do anything different to defeat them then.

Another thing is that after 2015 Jonathan will no longer be needing any vote from anyone so he can step on toes without fear. This will be similar to what Obasanjo did in his first tenure. He endured atiku until after winning the 2003 elections. Then he showed atiku his true colours.
So post 2015. You will more likely see a more assertive Jonathan.

But for me he should have started stepping on toes all this while even if they gang up and ensures he doesn't get a 2nd term
Re: If You're Not Going To Vote For Buhari OR GEJ Kindly Express Your Reasons by CyberWolf: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
meccuno:
you are just wasting your time quoting that person..he is a paid criminal...just ignore him..

(1) (Reply)

Photo:How Time Flies.Can You Spot President GEJ From This Old Pix? / M.I.N.T. :nigeria, Mexico To Increase Trade, Investment-minister / The Fight Against Evil In Our System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.