Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow (8944 Views)

Breaking News!!! Fuel Price Now Goes For N70 Starting From Tomorrow / Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President / Fuel Scarcity Looms Over Delayed Subsidy Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by chocmanne(m): 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
naija go better
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by greaterlove(m): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Apart from the PIB other reasons stated are not enough to embark on a nationwide strike. Total sacked a regional secretary therefore Nigerians should suffer for it?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Dagah2: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Dagah2: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
chocmanne:
naija go better
I blv u bro
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigeria and it's jagajaga sef cry

When we in US are buying gas at record low prices at the moment, Nigeria who is a major oil producer is expecting scarcity and record high prices.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
Strike again
Haa OGA jona do.something ooo b4 something do u ooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Ishilove: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
sad NAIRALAND MEMBERS HAVE NO PRIVACY sad

Dear MR SEUN OSEWA.

You are my role model and I won't watch what you laboured for collapse. This particular update has been EDITED BY THE ADMIN which I think is biased, unconstitutional and not called for.

I posted this from Linda Ikeji and I clearly stated the SOURCE - Linda Ikeji. But the SUPER MOD edited everything, Changed the Address and even added stuffs.

My question is why CAN'T WE HAVE OUR OWN PRIVACY?! Why is the Lalasticala OR RealStarman - (Whoever is in charge messing with my account) I have witnessed such unlawful behaviour! Please tell them to STOP STALKING ME! What is the obsession for? Shey emi ni mo ko ba won ni?

What is all dis nonsense? PLEASE LEAVE ME THE FNCK ALONE and let me be! Stalk somebody else!! Its my account! You did not Buy me MB, You did not do the research, I Wasted my time and not yours? Why the buffonery nah?!

You people should leave my account ALONE! This is the second time! Leave my account alone! I need my fncking privacy!

WARN THEM!
Thanks Sir.

NB: Am coming to your house tomorrow..I live at ARIGBABU, OTA, I dey see you wella.
Toyosi
And Linda Ikeji got the news from the premium times.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by juventino: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
lacasa:
Wen Buhari comes in, tinz will change.

Under the Clueless one we av seen every other sector engage in pro-longed strike actions.

It's a sign of a mis-managed economy which GEJ and his docile ministers personify.

#.. CollectYourPVC
#... Vote Buhari for Change 2015 cool

Bros, are you sure Buhari will approve PIB? I'll rather throw it to the trash! SMH undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
Just leave my account alone? You get it? Leave my ACCOUNT ALONE! You are quick to tell me where linda got it from? Why didn't u get it before me? STOP EDITING MY POST AGAINST MY WISH! I committed NO CRIME by contributing to Nairaland! Ok!
Ishilove:

And Linda Ikeji got the news from the premium times.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
You want to strike Jonathan and his government at this critical time to discredit him thereby giving the opposition another flimsy reason why they want him voted out. If this is not your reason , why now?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Justicealh3(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
And so why our country lik dis?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Ataime16(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Adesiji77: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
greaterlove:
Apart from the PIB other reasons stated are not enough to embark on a nationwide strike. Total sacked a regional secretary therefore Nigerians should suffer for it?

According to Punch, the Zonal Secretary was TRANSFERRED, not sacked. See below;

[b]THE National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers said it would Monday commence an indefinite strike over the alleged sacking of the Zonal Secretary of the Petroleum and natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (Port Harcourt Zone), Mrs. Elo Ogbonda by her organisation, Total Exploration and Production.
NUPENG warned that it would shut down the distribution of petroleum products in its Port Harcourt Zone comprising Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Enugu, Anambra, Benue, and Ebonyi within the strike period.
Ogbonda, who is an employee of Total, was earlier transferred from Port Harcourt to Lagos so that she would lose her position in PENGASSAN.
NUPENG National President, Mr. Achese Igwe, who spoke with newsmen on Sunday during the union’s thanksgiving service at the All Saints Anglican Church in Okrika Local Government Area of Rivers State, explained that the decision to embark on strike became necessary since the management of Total E&P had refused to reinstate Mrs. Ogbonda.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-scarcity-looms-as-oil-workers-embark-on-strike/
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by jeffoe(m): 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
nobody seems to be concerned about the PIB bill.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Ishilove: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
Just leave my account alone? You get it? Leave my ACCOUNT ALONE! You are quick to tell me where linda got it from? Why didn't u get it before me? STOP EDITING MY POST AGAINST MY WISH! I committed NO CRIME by contributing to Nairaland! Ok!

And must you be so rude to pass across your point?? You are very very rude person.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Adesiji77:

[b]THE National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers said it would Monday commence an indefinite strike over the alleged sacking of the Zonal Secretary of the Petroleum and natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (Port Harcourt Zone), Mrs. Elo Ogbonda by her organisation, Total Exploration and Production.
NUPENG warned that it would shut down the distribution of petroleum products in its Port Harcourt Zone comprising Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Enugu, Anambra, Benue, and Ebonyi within the strike period.
Ogbonda, who is an employee of Total, was earlier transferred from Port Harcourt to Lagos so that she would lose her position in PENGASSAN.
NUPENG National President, Mr. Achese Igwe, who spoke with newsmen on Sunday during the union’s thanksgiving service at the All Saints Anglican Church in Okrika Local Government Area of Rivers State, explained that the decision to embark on strike became necessary since the management of Total E&P had refused to reinstate Mrs. Ogbonda.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-scarcity-looms-as-oil-workers-embark-on-strike/
Imagine the rubbish o. So because Total transferred her we now have to pay for it?? These people get liver o
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
How is that rude?? using my account without my consent is what i define as RUDE. what if Nairaland operates PM OR DM'S ??
Ishilove:

And must you be so rude to pass across your point?? You are very very rude person.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by hansad: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
Fuel scarcity that for many years crippled business in Nigeria became a thing of the past under the administration of President Jonathan.

These strikes now are politically motivated to demonize Jonathan administration.

Nigerians do not be deceived; the opposition infiltrates every corner with cash to wrestle power from the incumbent govt.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by richeso: 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Walkopet:
Why d country situation no go be like dis wen we made Zoologist our Presido, Mr Stealing Isn't corruption,....I no ft talk jare, d country just tire me o jare.

mmcheeww!. what a stupid comment. reading rubbish like this makes me wonder if APC is in one way or the other in effect to this strike.
next thing now you go ask me to vote Buhari.

mmchheww.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
If i talk now, dem go ban me.
This government sef
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by gidjah(m): 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
They love to frustrate the poor man while they enjoy all the nations wealth with uncle president.THERE IS GOD O!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by tee4naija(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is Mr Jonas's 2014 xmas gift to Nigerians,just like 2011/2012 subsidy removal.
GEJ till...............?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by greaterlove(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Adesiji77:

so they are going on strike because Total transferred one of its staff? Using the PIB as a shield, This guys are just after their own.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by 100Cents: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
Must govt run a refinery ?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Jerry2i(m): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
That's is their own problem,not mine.
In another news,if you stay in p.h and you can't get petrol,you can come to the Forte oil station close to shell R/A and I'll help you.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by DaBullIT(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
All thanks to BadLuck Egbere Joesatan

we have fuel, but we don't have fuel

our fuel sells cheap overseas but we buy expensive

world's pump price per liter reduced all over the World , Only Nigeria sells at the regular / increased price

Dere is God oooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by discusant: 10:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
DaBullIT:
All thanks to BadLuck Egbere Joesatan

we have fuel, but we don't have fuel

our fuel sells cheap overseas but we buy expensive

world's pump price per liter reduced all over the World , Only Nigeria sells at the regular / increased price

Dere is God oooo

You can lie even to your teeth. Fuel scarcity was nearly every month affair in Nigeria until Jonah came on board as president.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow by Ishilove: 1:56am On Dec 15, 2014

(1) (2)

A Section On Nairaland That You've Never Visited / Why Do Best Friends Become Enemies? / Nigeria Population Commission Registers Over 420,000 Births In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.