Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries (21561 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Kicked Out Of APC Primaries (Snapshot) / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by samiebond: 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
A chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the South-East, Osita Okechukwu, has accused Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha  of allegedly gambling with the chances of the Ndigbo to bargain for Vice President slot  in the 2015 general elections, noting that his (Okorocha) failure contributed in weakening that opportunity.

Okechukwu, who is the spokesman of APC in the South-East,  in a press statement Sunday stated this while reacting to Governor Okorocha’s statement after his failed bid to get the presidential ticket of the party.

According to him, “His Excellency’s statement is one of self denial, for rather than apologizing to Ndigbo for his gambit, which made Ndigbo to lose the national chairmanship of the APC, placed us in a weak position to vie for Vice President, he is regrettably justifying the unjustifiable.

“One had thought that as a leader he could had placed the collective interest of Ndigbo above his Nollywood show, since he is quite aware of the position of the party as regards zoning.

“For the avoidance of doubt, in a South East Caucus meeting at His Excellency, Dr Ogboninya Onu’s residence at Abuja in July, 2014, some of us agreed that he is eminently qualified to vie for presidency, but given the prevailing understanding that the presidency is going North, we should vie for chairmanship and vice president slots, waiting for the next 8 years when it is coming South.  He refused and boasted that he is going to win the presidential primary.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/apologize-now-ndigbo-losing-apc-presidential-primary-okechukwu-tells-okorocha/

The question I asked myselve here is Do they think Okorocha has got the National muscle to win the primaries in the first place? Who dey decieve who here?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Descartes: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Okorocha is a desperate being,

#Fact

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Arysexy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
U didn't even read What u posted? Okorocha was aware of d party's position on zoning the slot to north yet He contested thereby blocking the chance d SE has to present him as vp.

Anyway, APC is a persona non grata party. They are headed for failure.

GEJ till 2019.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by samiebond: 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
Arysexy:
U didn't even read What u posted? Okorocha was aware of d party's position on zoning the slot to north yet He contested thereby blocking the chance d SE has to present him as vp.

GEJ till 2019.

Dear GEJ ma, if you read the post carefully you will see that they don't wnat to be VP to GMB. Maybe old scored to settle, but one thing remains clear no matter how the southeast tried to do, it will still be counted as a continuation of the biafra scores! The deciders of next year election will not be ethnical. It will be Nationalistic. That isthe knowlege those of you clueless people in the camp of clueless GEJ lacks

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Plshavmercyamen: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
Osita Okechukwu should calm down. Cos, in my own opinion, what Okorocha did(contesting in the primaries) is very strategic in further negotiating the interest of Ndi Igbo in the party both in the short and long run. Udo diri unu

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by adconline(m): 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
Loose or lose

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by samiebond: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
Be that as it may, I still prefere Rochas as Buhari's running mate. That is if he accepts

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Okorocha is a big disgrace

16 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Rochas is a big thief

13 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Rochas we can't wait to kick you out next year

25 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Rochas owes nobody an apology....

It is time for Owelle Ndiigbo to reclaim his seat as Gov of Imo State.

We are behind u.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:
Rochas owes nobody an apology....

It is time for Owelle Ndiigbo to reclaim his seat as Gov of Imo State.

We are behind u.
Let us see how he will be able to do that.
You think Douglas house is his father's property that he can go out and come in whenever he wants?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by donmalcolm21(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
APC cannot further the interest of the ibos, their policies and dance steps shows that the ibos are not a voting bloc.

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
Collynzo9:

Let us see how he will be ale to do that.
You think Douglas house is his father's property that he can go out and come in whenever he wants?

Though, i think he should have stayed put in APGA. I can understand that he is providing Ndiigbo with representation in APC as we mustn't put all our egg in one basket and based on that i respect him as a correct Igbo man.

10 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Though, i think he should have stayed put in APGA. I can understand that he is providing Ndiigbo with representation in APC as we mustn't put all our egg in one basket and based on that i respect him as a correct Igbo man.

It is not about party, Okorocha is not interested in governing Imo state, he said it months ago in an interview. His eyes are somewhere else, he is just using Imo state to pass time. His governance so far has been just like his APC presidential bid - trial and error.
He has no clear plan for Imo state in any sector.

13 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
Collynzo9:
It is not about party, Okorocha is not interested in governing Imo state, he saild it months ago in an interview. His eyes are somewhere else, he is just using Imo state to pass time. His governance so far has been just like his APC presidential bid - trial and error.
He has no clear plan for Imo state in any sector.

I dont know wat Rochas has done so far apart from build better school that offer free education to university. HE is building roads and promise much more and i want to see the change by 2019 , if he is going to contest Presidency again. 4 more years is not much.

Chukwuemeka Ihedioha should stay put and contest for speaker. He mustn't make it easy for GEJ. Ndiigbo have not had either the Speaker or Senate President. We put in the vote and should get something substantial out.

Wat do u think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:

I dont know wat Rochas has done so far apart from build better school that offer free education to university. HE is building roads and promise much more and i want to see the change by 2019 , if he is going to contest Presidency again. 4 more years is not much.

Chukwuemeka Ihedioha should stay put and contest for speaker. He mustn't make it easy for GEJ. Ndiigbo have not had either the Speaker or Senate President. We put in the vote and should get something substantial out.

Wat do u think?
What nonsense free education and what schools? How many of the ''freely educated'' people are able to find jobs in Imo state?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but 4 more years of a man who just wants to pass time in Imo state government house is definitely too much and Imolites are too enlightened to let that happen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
"he refused and boasted he will win the primaries" heheheh, Okorocha the "NKEM OWO" of Naija politics cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
berem:
Engr Amadi,did you watch the heroic welcome given to Rochas from the Sam Mbakwe airport to the government house when he came home? I hope you are not hypertensive o! I would like you to watch the video of the heroic welcome on Channels TV.
I just watched the video, there is nothing special about that crowd. His cabinet members and workers in government house alone are enough to surpass that. Besides Rochas is a show man to the core and we know the length he can go to make thing appear the way he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDIOpU78K0

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Collynzo9:

What nonsense free education and what schools? How many of the ''freely educated'' people are able to find jobs in Imo state?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but 4 more years of a man who just wants to pass time in Imo state government house is definitely too much and Imolites are too exposed to let that happen.

pass time u say? explain, becos i had the impression Rochas is a doer.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by gratiaeo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
Arysexy:

GEJ till 2019.
No GEJ till Buhari get sense

13 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by courage54(m): 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
This man is the only hope that my ibo brothers has to the seat of presidency.

VIEWS OF GREAT PERSONALITIES ABOUT OUR PRESIDENT (GEJ)!!!

Cardinal Okojie: You will become President but will not be the one ruling.

OBJ: He performed below expectations, his government is evil.

Prof Tam David West: Jonathan is too
inexperienced to be president.

Chief Bisi Akande: Jonathan's is a
Kindergarten President.

Prof. Oyebode of Unilag: He is an
embarrassment to PhD holders.

Chief Christopher Kolade: He is a Kano
dancer. He is not a good leader.

Prof. Wole Soyinka: He is King Nebuchadnezzar (destroyer of Jerusalem).

Pastor Tunde Bakare: Nebuchadnezzar is too mild. He is King Jeroboam.

Gov. Obiano: His tenure is bad. He is not the right person for this country.

Don Jazzy: I Regret Campaigning and Voting for Goodluck Jonathan

Lagbaja: For Electing Jonathan Nigeria is a Country of 100 Million Mumus.
harsh BT true

Sai BUHARI

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:

pass time u say? explain, becos i had the impression Rochas is a doer.
Rochas is a trial and error man, what he did in the APC primaries is what he does even with road projects.
He said he was too big to be just a governor some months back, so why does he want a second tenure?
He wants to pass time in Douglas house since he couldn't get to where he wants.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by gratiaeo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
“One had thought that as a leader he could had placed the collective interest of Ndigbo above his Nollywood show, since he is quite aware of the position of the party as regards zoning.
Rochas own don finish!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Ojiofor: 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hehehe at least okorocha carried second to the last.he tried jare.next time he will come third.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Collynzo9:

Rochas is a trial and error man, what he did in the APC primaries is what he does even with road projects.
He said he was too big to be just a governor some months back, so why does he want a second tenure?
He wants to pass time in Douglas house since he couldn't get to where he wants.

Trial and error is not good, if u can get it right on first attempt.. I was oppose to the whole APC experiment. Rochas had tried for so long to be Gov and finally APGA presented that opportunity, but the way he decamp to APC was not nice.

I mean wat was the rush, with GEJ in power. If APC had given him the Ticket so he would have contested against GEJ? This is the problem we have as Ndiigbo, we don't hunt in packs.

Politics is not a one man show like business. In politics to succeed u must work as a very large team and hunt in packs of one for all and all for one; not every man for himself.

Rochas might learn this lesson the hard way, if he does not make a convincing case to retain his office based on his performance this last 4 years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Collynzo9: 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Trial and error is not good, if u can get it right on first attempt.. I was oppose to the whole APC experiment. Rochas had tried for so long to be Gov and finally APGA presented that opportunity but the way he decamp to APC was not nice.

I mean wat was the rush, with GEJ in power. If APC had given him the Tiket so he would have contested against GEJ? This is the problem we have as Ndiigbo, we dont hunt in packs. Politics is not a one man show like business. In politics to succeed u wmust work as a very large teamm and hunt in packs of one for all and all for one, not every man for himself.

Rochas might learn this lesson the hard way, if he does not make a convincing case to retain his office based on his performance this last 4 years.
We should focus on producing capable governors, the Presidency thing does not help anyone from the president's tribe.
The Ijaws were seriously clamouring for resource control before they were bribed with a vice-president and then President position. Are they better off now? No, the man wasn't even allowed to rule in peace. Even without doing much for his people, he was tagged an ethinc President, an Igo man will be tagged a Biafran President if he dares site even a bore hole in the east. There are more important things to bother about than a Presidency that wouldn't help us.
We should be more concerned about holding our governors accountable for now.

12 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by waternogetemeny: 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
Collynzo9:

We should focus on producing capable governors, the Presidency thing does not help anyone from the president's tribe.
The Ijaws were seriously clamouring for resource control before they were bribed with a vice-president and then President position. Are they better off now? No, the man wasn't even allowed to rule in peace. Even without doing much for his people, he was tagged an ethinc President, an Igo man will be tagged a Biafran President if he dares site even a bore hole in the east. There are more important things to bother about than a Presidency that wouldn't help us.
We should be more concerned about holding our governors accountable for now.

U almost sound like u dont know wat u are saying about the Presidency. Bayelsa has had a face lift that was unthinkable in the last 6years of GEJ Presidency.

Tompolo is buying warships, Asari Dokunbo owns a University. Ok, a handful have benefited but today u have alot more people from Bayelsa studying in Europe.

If not anything, Ndiigbo need that Presidency to get that sense of belonging. Do u know the psychological damage not having that Presidency is having on Ndiigbo and how we see ourselves and how other Nigerians see Ndiigbo?

They call us third class citizens and i hear Ndiigbo ditching hopes of ever becoming Presidency once mentioned. They will say it will be hard for Igbo to be President. It is diificult and these are all the lies yorubas and hausa have told u over the years and now u believe them as true. That cannot be healthy.

I cannot today begin to emphasise the importance of Ndiigbo having the Presidency becos, i will be here all night. We want that Presidency by 2019 before it is allowed to return to the North or west. This will keep us happy.

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by watchindelta(m): 12:14am On Dec 15, 2014
yes I will vote for u ppl 2019. but u ppl need to briing strange credible person. we all na human being no body be animal
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by stanech: 12:48am On Dec 15, 2014
i like rochas but he still need to understand that the igbo interest coms first dumping apga to apc wasnt a wise move igbos dont want apc you can ask ngige

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:49am On Dec 15, 2014
waternogetemeny:

U almost sound like u dont know wat u are saying about the Presidency. Bayelsa has had a face lift that was unthinkable in the last 6years of GEJ Presidency.

Tompolo is buying warships, Asari Dokunbo owns a University. Ok, a handful have benefited but today u have alot more people from Bayelsa studying in Europe.

If not anything, Ndiigbo need that Presidency to get that sense of belonging. Do u know the psychological damage not having that Presidency is having on Ndiigbo and how we see ourselves and how other Nigerians see Ndiigbo?

They call us third class citizens and i hear Ndiigbo ditching hopes of ever becoming Presidency once mentioned. They will say it will be hard for Igbo to be President. It is diificult and these are all the lies yorubas and hausa have told u over the years and now u believe them as true. That cannot be healthy.

I cannot today begin to emphasise the importance of Ndiigbo having the Presidency becos, i will be here all night. We want that Presidency by 2019 before it is allowed to return to the North or west. This will keep us happy.

So Work for it for it like others are doing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Recalls Lekan Adetayo, Expelled PUNCH Reporter To Aso Rock / Hushpuppi: President Buhari Will Have Final Say On Abba Kyari’s Fate – Minister / Peter Obi Visits Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.