Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me (948 Views)

World Pharmacy Day: Simplifying Your Medicines Use, No Matter How Complex. / Home Remedies And Herbal Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction / WHO Endorses Use Of HIV Medicines For Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by vicostyles(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigeria- Indiscriminate combination of orthodox and herbal medicines could lead to sudden death, Prof. Martins Emeje, a Pharmacist with the National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD) on Monday cautioned Nigerians.

According to him, combination of orthodox medicine also known as western medicine with herbal drugs could have the same chemical content which could result to over dose. Overdose, he said, could destroy vital organs in the body.

``If one is taking orthodox medicine at the same time with herbal medicine, there is a tendency that both medicines could fight the potency of the other.

``Using orthodox medicine at the same time with herbal medicine can exaggerate the effect of the other,’’ Emeje warned.

He advised Nigerians to seek medical advice before taking herbal or non herbal medicines as both drugs have their side effects.

`` When one does not have the appropriate information on a drug, it is deadly or suicidal to consume it.

The professor advised overweight women who wish to reduce their weight to be cautious while consuming herbal medicines

Source:http://naijafussion..com/2014/12/health-combination-of-western-and.html
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by Tberry01(f): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
How person go open eyes take western and herbal medicine.
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by golor(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by golor(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
Okay oo
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by golor(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
Noted
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by KMB: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
Seleru agbo It is the shallow spring of herbs
Agbara agbo The flood of herbal concoction
L'Osun fi n we'mo re That Osun bathes her children with
ki dokita o to de Before the arrival of doctors

1 Like

Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by vicostyles(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nice
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
KMB:
Seleru agbo It is the shallow spring of herbs
Agbara agbo The flood of herbal concoction
L'Osun fi n we'mo re That Osun bathes her children with
ki dokita o to de Before the arrival of doctors
Aye atijo niyen
Osun now 'bathes' her child with 'ogun oyinbo'
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by vicostyles(m): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
LOL!!!!
Re: Health: Combination Of Western And Herbal Medicines Can Lead To Sudden Death- Me by KMB: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
Zeemoor:

Aye atijo niyen
Osun now 'bathes' her child with 'ogun oyinbo'

Iro niyen o
Oyinbo leave her country and worship Osun till she die

Na matter of choice sha

(1) (Reply)

WHO Declares Liberia Free From EBOLA / Be Healthy With KEDI TCM Healthcare / How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.