Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? (1941 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Walking In Financial Dominion / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? by lastmessenger: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
mynairatime:
YES! my church helped me to become poorer from poor
You are kidding right? Please can you explain how?
Re: Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? by peteregwu(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
so does it mean people are no more following Jesus, na church account. Jesus says, pray like this, "give this day our daily bread." Not the church, but Jesus will give you your daily bread. "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and every other thing shall be added unto thee." math 6:33. abi that one no dey your bible? exodus 23:25. "and ye shall serve the Lord your God and he shall bless thy bread and water, and he shall take away sickness from you." is that one not in your bible too?. john 12:26. "if any man will serve me, let him follow me. where I am there will my servant be also. he that will serve me, him will my father honour." Jesus never told me the church will take care of me, but Him is He that will take care of me.

1 Peter 5:7. "casting all cares upon the Lord, for He careth for you."

some believers have dropped there faith for money, this is what Jesus warned us of that when he returns, will he still find faith on the earth. be warned brethren and stop all this talk of church not taking care of you. you are the church. Except you are in the wrong place, then you have to run of that place and pray to God where you can serve Him in truth and in spirit.
Re: Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? by mamajohn(f): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2014
AdeniyiA:
i must say that MOST of our churches are guilty of not caring for the needs of the members.
it has become a case of you're OYO
Most churches have programmes aimed at helping the needy in place. To say churches don't help the needy is not entirely true
Re: Has Your Church Ever Helped You When You Are In Financial Need? by lastmessenger: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2014
mamajohn:
Most churches have programmes aimed at helping the needy in place. To say churches don't help the needy is not entirely true
Can you mention some of the programmes and how much emphasy is Liad on it. Giving to the poor is part of the work of God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / The Power Of Sanctification / 5 Things Jehovah's Witnesses Believe But Will Not Tell New Converts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.