Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (323153 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by MonsieurCoder: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2016
obioraval:

Check your email

Thank you very much
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Thread For PHD Students by pastorjombo: 2:01am On Apr 23, 2016
Priceless24:
Is it restricted to Nigeria?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by obioraval(m): 6:18am On Apr 24, 2016
Sent
jeebz:

Bro, abeg shoot me that paper. jibols@yahoo.com
Re: Thread For PHD Students by alakaloko(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2016
VintageCocktail:
Sir, I have been trying to contact any alumni of NOUN to ascertain how acceptable NOUN certificate is by other universities for higher degrees.

Anyone with Info's on universities that accepts NOUN certificate should please mention me. Thanks.
I don't have a definite answer to this until I'm through with the one under processing.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nice one!Interesting research area
yinchar:

B.Tech Computer Science

M.Sc Information Systems (India)

P.hD Information Technology (1st Year)(South Africa)

Research Area: Semantic Integration of Wireless Sensors Data for Internet of Things (IoT)
Re: Thread For PHD Students by dayopti(m): 12:05am On Apr 27, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:

congratulations. aiming for PhD depends on your career path. however, I will advice you to proceed with your PhD in federal or state universities rather at NOUN. This is for future reference so that you won't be clamouring and protesting against discrimination.

National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a Federal University, so why the discrimination

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2016
dayopti:

National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a Federal University, so why the discrimination
Bro, between high ranking institutions in Nigeria, there is discrimination of certificates talkless of NOUN

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by jeebz: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
obioraval:
Sent
Seen, thank a bunch.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by guiddoti: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
favouryemmy:
Visit www.phdcomics.com
Thank me later
thanks sir grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by guiddoti: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Frankly speaking, I need specific answer. I want to know the best way to researching : is it by company based or computer based. Am researching on fatigue life prediction during pipeline installation and looking at the topic, I will need both. I will need datas and advise from the company. I also know one can research without consulting company.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by guiddoti: 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
wableo:
I great everyone here.
Pls I need advice. I have a degree in electrical and Electronic Engineering. I have applied for masters 4 times but was denied each time. Maybe unlucky but I now my poor cgpa contributed hugely to this, I had 2.6. I applied to a particular school 3 times.
I am doing an msc in information technology in NOUN but want to still come back to electrical cause I know I love it my result is just a badluck.
Do you think I should continue with info tech or go back to elect. I am planning to do a PHD where I can make it fast. Which one amog the two is more lucrative. Thanks
My advice to you, is chose your passion though where to make it fast should be considered but I will tell you passion prevail over anything in life.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by eddieo(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
You are a funny dude. You want to forward his works to famous chemistry journals? hmmmm. Do you know what it takes for an article to be successfully published by Taylor and Francis, Elsevier? I guess you don't know? These are not mushroom publishing houses and only high impact articles get published on such platforms. Stop being a negative peson. You asked for proof, he has done that and you are here still trying to make it look like what he just did is infinitesimal to what you know.

Thank you for those links and I am impressed a bit. At least, somebody with PhD is able to come up with something in the field of Chemistry unlike the others I have seen on this thread. Your articles are interesting looking at the abstracts but there is a lot missing as you couldn't provide how they can be useful to the Nigerian society. However, I am interested in what you can do with them to move Nigeria forward.

Please, people, take good note of Akeem Adeyemi Oladipo(PhD). He is doing use proud with his works.

Can somebody send message to the Nigerian government we have a PhD holder who has many works which can be useful to our society?!

I would do my best to purchase one of your articles and look into it properly! If it worth what you claim then I will try to forward it to famous Chemistry journals and see what would come out of it.

Thank you once again.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by eddieo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Really impreesed with your publications. It Seems you specialize in Surface Chemistry.
wip7:
-Msc Polymer and medicinal Chem
-Msc Chemistry
-PhD Environmental analytical Chem
-Published 32 peer review articles currently
-16 research articles under editorial review
-Reviewer for the following Journals: Journal of Hazardous materials, Journal of water process Engineering, Korean Journal Of Chemical Eng, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering communications journal, Journal of nanoparticles etc
- 48 international conferences
- Current Junior research leader on Turkish Govt sponsored project worth 500,000 TL (recovery of boron and oil waste)
- Two book chapters on Springer: Nano-ceramic materials: preparation and applications (Springer publisher), Smart materials for bio-medical applications
- Member American chemical society, Society of environmental and toxicology society, Society of Chemical industries, member American Black Engineers, Canadian Chemical Eng society etc.

Attached some of the work done and certificate issued by Elservier.

The most interesting aspect of PhD studies is the research, the research brings money, fame and capability to solve problems. If PhD students can publish good number of articles will not have much job issues especially in innovative fields and emerging areas.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Coolcube: 10:08am On May 03, 2016
Please can anyone give me info on Unilag PhD application.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2016
Coolcube:
Please can anyone give me info on Unilag PhD application.

It seems application is closed for now
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Coolcube: 5:26pm On May 03, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:

It seems application is closed for now

I know, I just need info on stuffs like school fees and whether non-Unilag master's holder are to entrol for Mphil/PhD.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by fav444(f): 8:09am On May 04, 2016
what a beautiful thread!

For me it's
B.Sc (Zoology) NSUK,

M.Sc (Environmental mgt & protection) FUNAAB,

PhD (Environmental mgt) (First year).

Research interest: Pesticide residues in d environment, waste mgt and HSE.

May we all live to see the goodness of d Lord in d land of d living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 8:16am On May 04, 2016
fav444:
what a beautiful thread!

For me it's
B.Sc (Zoology) NSUK
M.Sc (Environmental mgt & protection) FUNAAB
PhD (Environmental mgt) (First year)

Research interest: Pesticide residues in d environment, waste mgt and HSE.

May we all live to see the goodness of d Lord in d land of d living.
That's good superwoman. I'm still reminiscing my Masters programme from Unilag and looking forward to research institution for my PhD.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by fav444(f): 12:02pm On May 04, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:

That's good superwoman. I'm still reminiscing my Masters programme from Unilag and looking forward to research institution for my PhD.

My dear, if you believe, u definitely will achieve it. Just be determined.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by nneuba26: 7:35pm On May 15, 2016
Goodevening all. Thank you to the creators of this platform. My name is amaka.
BSc: Biochemistry
MSc: Environmental toxicology and pollution management
I want to go for a phd in environmental toxicology and management in the US with full funding but I have no idea how to go about it or what I need to do. Please I hope to find help and inspiration here. Thank you
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2016
nneuba26:
I want to go for a phd in environmental toxicology and management in the US with full funding but I have no idea how to go about it or what I need to do. Please I hope to find help and inspiration here. Thank you
I admire your discipline. Check schools you like, go through their requirements, contact the admission officer for further clarification you may need , you may be told to contact lecturers that may be interested in supervising your project. I believe these are basics you need to sort.

However, I will advise to check Germany for your course.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 8:06am On May 16, 2016
nneuba26:
https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Thread For PHD Students by opeyewa: 6:19pm On May 29, 2016
nice thread...

bsc environmental management
msc toxicology
phd toxicology

key is patience, hardwork and selecting a good mentor who is personally invested in seeing you succeed. For those interested, a straight msc/phd in a biomedical science is free in the US.

Pls what school did you do your msc toxicology
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 29, 2016
How many years is PHD?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ibnhasan: 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
sirRiddy:

Hello sir. Please can you help with some papers?

What paper do you need?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ibnhasan: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
juliuslongman:
How many years is PHD?

Officially 3 - 5 years depending on where you do it. For some it takes longer
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ibnhasan: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
mariamadenle:
Good morning Sir/Ma
with due respect, i wish to ask you "My Ogas" what Chemometric Method is all about. I will also appreciate if I can get help on my project topic "Bio Ethanol..." I will appreciate any eBook or past projects (journal) with pertinent topic

Thank You Sir/Ma
E-mail address : marcos32dh@gmail.com

What is your topic? What are you doing on bioethanol?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Esyb: 2:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Pls, I have a lot of questions from my going through the U. I Prospectus. Under the Faculty of Technology and department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering the course of my choice is "Electrical power systems". However, in the section where Available research programs were listed, all I saw was Electrical/Electronic Engineering without any further emphasis on the courses involved. So my question goes thus; is the course "Electrical power systems" available as an academic MSc or professional MSc course? Also, Under the "Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law" I saw that there is an MSc programme in Energy Studies with an option in Renewable energy. I want to know if this course is available as an academic MSc course. Thank U
Re: Thread For PHD Students by nneuba26: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
nice thread...

bsc environmental management
msc toxicology
phd toxicology

key is patience, hardwork and selecting a good mentor who is personally invested in seeing you succeed. For those interested, a straight msc/phd in a biomedical science is free in the US.
Thank you for your post. Pls what are the requirements for a phd in biomedical science in the US??

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Kenkeye: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: Thread For PHD Students by KadeenaConsult: 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Gud day house. Pls i need information on O.A.U postgraduate admission for 2016/2017 session. Information on d sale of application form will be highly appreciated.thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.