Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (325318 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by benuejosh: 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
B.sc........ economics
M.sc........ energy economics
P.hd ........ economics of energy and management

6 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by aspirebig: 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=Keneking post=29006736]

Oga the programme is a guided study...the programme is immune from ASUU or NUPENG strikes. The issue of finishing on time is dependent on the student.[/quote

Ok, I hear.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
blood1:
B. A ....English (major -Literature)
M.A .... English (Language)
P.G.D... Education (English)
P.H.D... English(Language)
This PHD part has been most trying part! Although I am not anywhere near the academic field presently, I intend to retire into it... and I have my eyes on 'Professorship'.... Igbo people call it...ö ká nmuta! Publications and stuff all the way! At the risk of sounding arrogant (though I deserve to, because education don show me pepper) Until you're a PHD holder.... your education never too done oooo.... hooohaaaa!

Are you studying in a local university in Nigeria? Do you mind any joint publication of articles? If yes.....
Keneking:

I understand research in autism studies is a goldfield now.
I don't know how autism is common here in Nigeria. We just have few data to support. What do you think pls
benuejosh:
B.sc........ economics
M.sc........ energy economics
P.hd ........ economics of energy and management

Interesting...another person on a mission.Well Done!
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
aloeeverhealth:
I don't know how autism is common here in Nigeria. We just have few data to support. What do you think pls

There are cases in the country...NGOs live fat on donor funds ...agencies are interested in funding research in this area.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ebixy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
B.eng Electrical/Electronics Engineering (in view) wink

M.sc Renewable Energy Engineering cool

Ph.d Smart Grid Systems cool

Note: italics means still in the mind grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Lamexx(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
mynairatime:
B.sc in boko-haramisation. M.sc bokoism training & supply,M.Phil. in boko bombing & technology P.hD area of research is importation of boko-haramic weaponery. i wish to study at university of soudi

You should study in Yemen. Mumu...u think we are playing here.

23 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by blood1(f): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Keneking:

Are you studying in a local university in Nigeria? Do you mind any joint publication of articles? If yes.....
Local University, yes! Why on earth will I mind a joint publication? Dem dey carry first for the thing? I dont dearie....

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by smileandlove(f): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Keneking:

Fantastic. I want to believe you.
Are you working with the degree now?
lol! lecture part-time. At uniport business school. Hope to get something soon. Getting promises here and there!

Note @ op it is written: PhD not PHD.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Priceless24:

Bachelors- LLB Law
Masters- LLM Law
PhD- International Human Rights Law

Lord have mercy!
So i'm chatting casually with a potential phd hoder in law?
Priceless24 wow you are indeed a career woman

1. Are you married?

2. Are you a lecturer?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Reporting for Duty.

They say in your undergraduate level you TAKE IN knowledge while at the post graduate level (especially Phd.), you CREATE knowledge.

Currently doing masters in (HSE)Risk Engineering. It is generally industrial Safety Engineering. Had a Bsc. In Geography and Environmental Management from Uniport.

My Phd. Will be in Environmental Engineering:Environmental Risks. Still searching for a research question before I seek a supervisor. I am hoping I can get one at FUNAAB or a good school close to Lagos when I return home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Tinuke80(f): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
husseinjnr:
Important resources

1. http://www.phdportal.eu/
2. http://www.findaphd.com/
3. http://www.findaphd.com/funding/guides/phd-funding-guide.aspx
4. https://www.profellow.com/tag/fully-funded-phd-programs/
5. http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jan/16/postgraduate-courses-find-your-funding
6. https://www.postgraduatestudentships.co.uk/phd-funding-fairs-2014

Please go through the sites and do a bit of research. Whatever issues you have, please bring it up here for us to discuss. I dont expect this thread to grow very fast because people who are really PHD inclined may not be as many as people who are Tonto dike Inclined ( Just messing with you guys...lol )

Nice Thread @ op, keep up the good work

Bsc. Psychology

Med. Educational Psychology/ Guidance and Counselling

Phd. Educational Psychology

Yet to submit my proposal but I av an area of interest, will start working on dat soon. I am thru with class work and my comprehensive exams.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by chemashie(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
babseg:

Please What does nonlinear optics mean
Is an emerging area of research in chemistry and physics in which a molecule is synthesised and used as a shield to protect light sensitive materials like human eyes, sensors and military hardwares from intense laser radiation. The material is expected to allow the passage of ordinary lights, but strongly attenuates the laser radiations.
The molecules are first tested in solutions and later on solid support or as a thin film.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by clemz88(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls I need help from accountants in the house .
Am an Accounting graduate with an HND and plan having A PGD and MASters in Financial management. My question is will the pgd n masters in fin management have an adverse effect on me when applying for a doctorate? Because I wanna still maintain my position as an accountant. Pls I need urgent response
Re: Thread For PHD Students by chalxdon(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
B.Sc Biochemistry
M.Sc Biochemistry (Nutrition and Toxicology) with bias in Environmental Biochemistry.
PhD in view

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by babseg(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
chemashie:

Is an emerging area of research in chemistry and physics in which a molecule is synthesised and used as a shield to protect light sensitive materials like human eyes, sensors and military hardwares from intense laser radiation. The material is expected to allow the passage of ordinary lights, but strongly attenuates the laser radiations.
The molecules are first tested in solutions and later on solid support or as a thin film.

Alright, never heard of the phrase because I'm also in to optics
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Priceless24(f): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
mirenda:

Lord have mercy!
So i'm chatting casually with a potential phd hoder in law?
Priceless24 wow you are indeed a career woman

1. Are you married?

2. Are you a lecturer?

Lwkmd, thank God you said potential.
Not married yet, sometime soon. Not a lecturer either, may go into that in the future. I have other plans for the PhD now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by JANK23H(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
A wonderful thread.I must commend you OP.

I had my 1st degree in Polymer Engineering,M.Sc in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering. PhD (in view),with research interest in Polymer nano-technology.

I would like to get a school abroad(preferably Canada). Working on nano-technology in Nigeria is really challenging because of inadequate equipment.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Lamexx(m): 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
B.Eng. Chemical Engineering

Masters in Process Engineering

MPhil Petroleum Engineering

PhD. Petroleum Engineering

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by smileandlove(f): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
clemz88:
Am an Accounting graduate with an HND and plan having A PGD and MASters in Financial management. My question is will the pgd n masters in fin management have an adverse effect on me when applying for a doctorate? Because I wanna still maintain my position as an accountant. Pls I need urgent response
some schools here in Nigeria will not admit for a PhD, holders of pgd.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by fame12k(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
BSc Human Anatomy. unilorin

MSc Human Anatomy. UI

PhD Human Anatomy UI (have submitted proposal)

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Keneking:

There are cases in the country...NGOs live fat on donor funds ...agencies are interested in funding research in this area.

thank you. How about female genital mutilation? I wrote a grant proposal on this of recent...
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Bensonking: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
adioolayi:
BSc. Microbiology FUNAAB..work on Bio ethanol

MSc Food and Industrial microbiology FUNAAB..work on Biodiesel

PhD in view ..Industrial Microbiology...Further work on Biodiesel (or bio detergent... Not decided yet)
I think Biodiesel will do, Plant and specifically Jatropha Cacaus plant, i have had personal and first hand experience on how this thing works,,, it is the future of Energy generation.

btw, is applying for a Phd programme that simple, i have always thought one requires at least three years teaching experience at uni or poly level .. does this varies from uni to uni, country to country or what? sombory enlighten me biko!!!
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
Priceless24:

Lwkmd, thank God you said potential.
Not married yet, sometime soon. Not a lecturer either, may go into that in the future. I have other plans for the PhD now

I want to be like you when I grow up. cool

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
B Sc. Economics (UNN)
M.Sc Production Economics
P.hd Development economics/ Health economics
Ansah coldie prepared

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by clemz88(m): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
smileandlove:
some schools here in Nigeria will not admit for a PhD, holders of pgd.
reason pls.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
clemz88:
Oh boy admission for PhD with a background in HND accounting could be tricky in a competitive admission process.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Islie: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
em

B.Tech.... mechanical engineering
M.Sc......... industrial and production engineering (proceed to PhD grade)

PhD(in view)...... manufacturing engineering, with interest on safety.

doing research work it aren't easy men
Re: Thread For PHD Students by chemashie(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
babseg:

Alright, never heard of the phrase because I'm also in to optics
Is a branch of optics, we measure the nonlinearity of the molecules induced by the passage of laser radiations. The more the nonlinearity the better the molecules as nonlinear optical materials.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by clemz88(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Keneking:

Oh boy admission for PhD with a background in HND accounting could be tricky in a competitive admission process.
am confused .does that mean with my HND I have little or no chance going further for phD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.