Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (325728 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2018
My recent publication with some Professors/Students in Nigeria

Here, waste cooking oil was collected and converted to biodiesel within 1 hr of transesterification using modified eggshells as heterogeneous catalyst. The cost-benefit analysis demonstrated that 5 liter of the waste cooking oil produced 3.2 liter of biodiesel which has comparable physicochemical and fuel properties with ASTM standard B100. The parameters were optimized using an in-house artificial neural network modeling technique.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Klins2000(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
Contact me, let's discuss.
Good luck
myport:
Hello great scholars on the forum, please I require collaborative support to achieve my PHD quest. I am a Phd candidate, due to age and some other constraints I am considering PhD by publication in a UK university. Based on this I have been mandated to have at least 3 co authorship journals and 2 single for application consideration.

PhD is in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. With research focus on effect of Sharing economy on SME and Entrepreneurial growth with focus on artisans in developing economies.

I hereby through this forum seek for co- authorship in a reputable international journal, from any one who is interested in this topic. My options are also open to book chapters authorship.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by slydog(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
My external doctoral defense tomorrow, Uniport SGS.... Pray 4me

6 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by drhammed: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
slydog:
Goodluck Sir

3 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by dele31: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2018

Best of God sir

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by dele31: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Please fellow scholars, I need journal outlets where I can publish articles in Animal Science (Agricultural science) for free.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 5:37am On Apr 26, 2018
dele31:
Please fellow scholars, I need journal outlets where I can publish articles in Animal Science (Agricultural science) for free.

Go to 1-2 pages back you will see how you can find journals yourself. I have explained that in my write up, for academic or researcher you must be able to do searches yourself and follow the steps given.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
How to Find Reputable Journals from respected and Standard Publishing Houses

In continuation of Steps to Publishing in a Reputable Journal posted in some pages back, I like to show the young scholars how to find reputable journals.

Again, for any journals, the authors must first check that the Journals have the following metrics:

1. Must be peer-reviewed Journal

2. Belong to either of these: SCI/SCIE, SSCI, AHCI, Institute for Scientific Information/Web of Science (ISI/WOS), Medical citation index (MCI), Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) (this is very new).

3. Must have verified impact factor or cite score

Below are how to find journals from reputable publisher like Springer. First follow the steps by typing the web address, then write few words in your title and select the subject area. Bunch of journals and their information including acceptance rate, impacta factor, journal name details will be shown to you. Then you can read the aim and scope to see if it fits your research or visit some pages back where I have explained what to do.

To be continued!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by AgentGoat: 11:22pm On May 11, 2018
wip7:

Thank you sir/ma.
where do you teach?

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:46am On May 16, 2018
AgentGoat:
where do you teach?

Am the head of the faculty of Engineering in Cyprus Sci University and Adjunct Professor in Saint Mary and Manitoba in Canada.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:52am On May 16, 2018
My Recent Paper: (Engineered polymeric composite capsules to suppress HIV and microbial infections)

Rating: Q1
Impact factor: 3.67
Index: SCI
Published in International Journal Of Biological Macromolecules

The potency of the mixed metal-based oxides was tested via 45 in-patients and 85% sustained release profile was achieved using Zidovudine agent.
Importantly: A dose of 8 μg/mL A–Cu0.7Zn0.3O and 13 μg/mL A–Cu0.3Zn0.7O are sufficient to completely killed E. coli DH5a and S. aureus NSUHS-151 within 24 h.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by drhammed: 10:36am On May 16, 2018
wip7:

Am the head of the faculty of Engineering in Cyprus Sci University and Adjunct Professor in Saint Mary and Manitoba in Canada.
Sir, please can I connect with you off this thread? I'd love to make some enquiries and need guidance..

Thanks for keeping the thread going..
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 10:57am On May 16, 2018
drhammed:
Sir, please can I connect with you off this thread? I'd love to make some enquiries and need guidance..

Thanks for keeping the thread going..

You can email me check my email address in my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Gracian(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2018
wip7:
My Recent Paper: (Engineered polymeric composite capsules to suppress HIV and microbial infections)

Rating: Q1
Impact factor: 3.67
Index: SCI
Published in International Journal Of Biological Macromolecules

The potency of the mixed metal-based oxides was tested via 45 in-patients and 85% sustained release profile was achieved using Zidovudine agent.
Importantly: A dose of 8 μg/mL A–Cu0.7Zn0.3O and 13 μg/mL A–Cu0.3Zn0.7O are sufficient to completely killed E. coli DH5a and S. aureus NSUHS-151 within 24 h.
Wow! Prof Sir, I've been an ardent follow of your works for quite a long time.
From Environmental/Physical Chemistry to Energy Storage and now Materials Chemistry for Clinical Research..Wow!!! I'm inspired Sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 11:51pm On May 16, 2018
Gracian:

Wow! Prof Sir, I've been an ardent follow of your works for quite a long time.
From Environmental/Physical Chemistry to Energy Storage and now Materials Chemistry for Clinical Research..Wow!!! I'm inspired Sir.

Thank you so much. Chemists recreate the nature..! The goal is sustainability, in terms of environment, energy efficiency and biomedicals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by AgentGoat: 4:34am On May 17, 2018
wip7:

This is great. You are role model.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Gracian(m): 5:20am On May 17, 2018
wip7:

Thank you so much. Chemists recreate the nature..! The goal is sustainability, in terms of environment, energy efficiency and biomedicals.
I sure have a lot to learn Sir, especially when it comes to research in different fields like ones you've mentioned most especially.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 8:46am On May 17, 2018
Gracian:

I sure have a lot to learn Sir, especially when it comes to research in different fields like ones you've mentioned most especially.

Am always available to share and exchange ideas. Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by ezimo777(m): 6:28pm On May 19, 2018
wip7:

Prof., for your quick response and guidance, God Almighty will continue to increase you.
You've guided plenty of us here even though you may not be aware.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by drhammed: 6:47pm On May 19, 2018
ezimo777:

Prof., for your quick response and guidance, God Almighty will continue to increase you.
If only we can have more committed Drs, and Profs as him, I'm sure things will be far better than this.

@wip7, may God continue to bless you Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:52pm On May 19, 2018
wip7:

Please can somebody help me with a PhD proposal sample for Art nd humanities? (Nigeria universities).
Please

Cc.Drhammed
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Profeme: 3:07pm On May 20, 2018
wip7:

There are bunch of research areas in computer science and computer engineering, however, you will be fine and competitive if you can direct your focus on the emerging research areas in computer science. Below are some of the interesting areas that is researchable in any clime you find yourself:

2. [b]High Performance and Cloud Computing Security (Hot topic actually) Research in this area explores the development and analysis of parallel algorithms for distributed or multiprocessor systems. You may look at energy-aware cloud computing. Data and infrastructure security auditing in cloud computing environments and Vehicular cloud computing (will be very nice research area).

Sir,I'm in interested in researching on security on data in cloud computing environment. Please I need help in this regard.

I'm expected to present a proposal and consequently a thesis in this regard and write a computer based program or model that will solve problems in thus area. I need a guide in formulating the research topic and how to go about this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:54pm On May 20, 2018
ezimo777:

Thank you so much and best wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:55pm On May 20, 2018
drhammed:
If only we can have more committed Drs, and Profs as him, I'm sure things will be far better than this.

@wip7, may God continue to bless you Sir.

Thank you so much and God bless you too, best wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 10:03pm On May 20, 2018
Profeme:

Sir,I'm in interested in researching on security on data in cloud computing environment. Please I need help in this regard.

I'm expected to present a proposal and consequently a thesis in this regard and write a computer based program or model that will solve problems in thus area. I need a guide in formulating the research topic and how to go about this.

Thanks in advance.

First, go online specifically to journal websites or google scholar to find related topics/title that interest you.
Second, take your time to study what has been done and what is missing or emerging area of focus in the selected research topics.

Then, make your choice and google sample Research proposal you will find bunch of them online, see the proposal as a guide not copy and paste. Ensure that your university will have or already have the facilities you will be needing to carry out your research. Write and have your proposal review by senior colleagues or friends or supervisor before final submission.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Allylic(f): 3:15pm On May 21, 2018
Good day
B.sc Chemistry
M.Sc pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry
Research interest on computer aided drug design,synthesis and antidepressant studies

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 5:10pm On May 22, 2018
Allylic:
Good day
B.sc Chemistry
M.Sc pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry
Research interest on computer aided drug design,synthesis and antidepressant studies

Quite interesting field of research. How good is your quantum and theoretical chemistry? You must brush up your mathematical modeling skills ranging from partial least square, principal component analysis, 3-2D QSAR etc.

Good luck!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by pricelessjosy: 4:48pm On May 24, 2018
i have a skpe interview for a PhD admission, my research topic is MACHINE LEARNING FOR TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORKS.... I was asked to prepare the specific challenge am going to solve using machine learning for the interview. Please i need advice on what to do...
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jeronimo(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2018
wip7:
My Current Research: Highly Flexible Supercapacitor Fabrication for Energy Storage

The rapid increase in the global energy consumption and the environmental impact of traditional energy resources has led to tremendously increased research activities on clean and renewable energy sources recently. As these new energy forms are intermittent or regionally limited (e.g., water), there is a pressing need to develop advanced energy storage systems, such as supercapacitors, for efficient storage of electrical energy at all scales ranging from solar through wind farms to wearable electronics.

My team: Myself (Supervisor), 3 PhD students, 6 undergraduate students

Funding: Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey and Cyprus Science University Campus Research Funding

Funding amount and duration: 10,000 USD (6 months timeline)

Electrode and Electrolyte Materials: Electrode materials will be fabricated from waste chewing gum and electrolyte from extracted cassava or irish potatoes.

Applications
The supercapacitor will be applied for energy storage in a small-scale in applications Including transport, stationary, flexible, wearable and micro-supercapacitors.

Publication: Outcome will be published in quality Journals of Power sources, Energy Chemistry etc and presented at international conferences.

Interested in Supercapacitor??

A supercapacitor is a device that can store a large amount of energy, typically 10 to 100 times more energy per unit mass compared to ordinary capacitors.It is preferred to batteries owing to its faster and simpler charging, and faster delivery of charge.

Wow, this is amazing. When will I get to this level.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 3:51pm On May 26, 2018
jeronimo:

Wow, this is amazing. When will I get to this level.

You can get there and pass it ... if you are always moving, creativity and research..
Best wishes!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by FixNaija(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2018
wip7:

You can get there and pass it ... if you are always moving, creativity and research..
Best wishes!

Good day Program and thanks for your immense contribution on this thread. I'm a PhD student with interest in telecommunications engineering however I'd love you to guide me on emerging research areas. Thank you sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.