Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,574 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" (653 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote On Recent Killings / Bomb Blasts Hit Kano GSM Market, Scores Killed / Obj Book Now Fall Into Pirate Product title: "MY Watch"<photo> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by Izyco: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo in his autobiography had opened a
can of worms on many major stakeholders in the country.

One part of the book, My Watch shines light on the nation's only Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, whom the elder statesman described as "a self-
serving critic" who always loved to take the lead on all matters.

He wrote: "For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him, His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do."

Obasanjo described Soyinka as "a misfit as a political analyst, commentator or critic," adding
that it was good that Mr. Soyinka did not go into politics.

"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful "aparo" (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic, not to talk of what he would do as a politician," Mr. Obasanjo said..

Read More :>>
www.vabadon.com/2014/12/obasanjo-blasts-wole-soyinka-in-his.html?m=1
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by holatin(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
my watch

still reading

(1) (Reply)

The Kidnapped Children Of The Orekoyas Have Been Returned To Their Parents / So Sad!! Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In Abuja Just 3 Days To His Wedding. / Nigerian Gynaecologist On Sick Pay Ordered To Pay Back 100k Euros Or Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.