Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (19689 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
Originally written/penned in Lagos Nigeria
by George Adefemi Finnian.

Copyright (c) 2014 by George Adefemi

All rights reserved. Except as permitted under the copyright Laws. No part of this publication may be reproduced,distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means,or stored in a database or retrieval system,without the prior written permission of the Author.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Tobilastik(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
front seat.... m with u bro, ride on, but this ur story will b scary oo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2014
DEDICATION

This work is dedicate to those:

•That are related to the George family,most especially the Grandchildren and Great grandchildren who believe in change.

•That have regards for family peaceful Co-existence and Success.

•That would take their time out to read and learn from this true life story.

This work of literature is a faction(also a Didactic),so the characters/names in this Novel(Story) had been modified. Any individual,families,relatives or friends who in one way or the other the story might relate to,should take no offense.
I want to use the opportunity that present itself before me to pass a message across to my readers,for them to learn but at the same time,reading for humour,pity and examine their family lives which is the actual message this true life story portrays.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2014
Tobilastik:
front seat.... m with u bro, ride on, but this ur story will b scary oo cheesy

Thanks bro,as first to comment,I promise u a copy of my first novel when it is actually published. wink

Not going to be scary I think. cheesy
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:45am On Dec 15, 2014
THEMES:-

Death of the heroine;
Division in a Family;
Sacred Nature of Marriage;
And other sub-themes.

Chief Mrs Kiara Adesewa Adelakun
(Nee Gerrard),a jewel to behold as a mother,grandmother,Great grandmother,sister and aunt died on the 14th of August,2008. At the very ripe Age of 96. Four months later,families,friends and well wishers gathered at the St. Micheal's Catholic Church to celebrate her life well spent.
But to many who were not close,did not know how her family was,the hatred amidst her children and the 'dis-unity' amongst them.
My grandfather and I went on the 15th July to pay a visit to Mrs. Kiara's home at Agege. Only God can tell what prompted my grandpa for a visit that very sunday,unplanned for.
Find out in this outstanding story of how the themes and sub-themes appeal to the emotion,Leading a great deal of morals for family building.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:36am On Dec 15, 2014
It was a sunday morning, I woke up to the warmth the early morning sun could offer, never did I know how the day would go. I did some chores, took my bathe, brushed and was dressed for Mass(as in service).

I had gone to meet my Grandpa for money I would use in purchasing 'bulletin' and give during offertory when he informed me, we would pay a visit to Mama kiara's.

The driver was around, he had gotten the car ready and I was the person delaying the visit due to the fact I was heading to church but they knew, they had to wait for me.
I was the 'choir-master'/president of the children/youth choir and without me, it would be very obvious at mass I wasn't around,--so I left for church giving 'Papa' an "Okay, Sir!." for 'an' answer.

Immediately I got back from church at about 10:30am, we were set to leave. We drove on the Third Mainland Bridge and Papa 'slit' his Rosary out of his pocket, praying!.

I used the opportunity to contemplate on two(2) things. One of which was Mr. Gbenro, papa's driver!.

A dark in complexion with grey hairs already appearing on his head and jaw. He is a reserved man but to me too sluggish and dull that anybody could easily take him for granted.

The man I was having these thoughts about would, or should be at least 20 years older than my dad. Enough to be my dad and in some other parts of this country, my grandfather. I knew it was wrong to have those thoughts but I was not someone who cared so long they were thoughts.

On the other hand, I was thinking what prompted Papa on a visit to Mama's house, someone we visited almost a year ago.

Immediately he was done praying his Rosary, I inquired!.

"Papa, why are we visiting Mama?". His sister!.

"A mind drew me to her place and I felt, we should pay her a visit," was his reply!.

"Okay, Sir!. It's cool".

I adjusted on the back seat and sank into thought again. Well, old people always have that urge when something is happening at the other end or about to happen.

I was still trying to guess what might have happened since the last time we paid a visit to Mama.

Would her house still wear that same old look of its outer part but dazzles inside?.

Would she have Chin-chin for us?.

Would the last maid still be serving her?.

How might she be coping in the house?.

Because she lives in such a big house with only a maid, those types of maid that would come lying,--they would not steal, lie but take care of Mama as theirs', but spending not up to 2 months, they were gone!.

I could not help my thoughts, could not hear what Grandpa said, I was totally lost, I asked!.

"Kini e so sir (what did you say)?."

"Man yi ma ti so wa nu ke (Mr. Gbenro had missed the road/way and we were lost)!!!."

I lifted my head, looked out of the window may be I could recognise where we were, all to no avail, I couldn't tell but Mr. Gbenro drove on.

Where was Mr Gbenro headed??......only time would tell.

T.B.C........

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kinwayne(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2014
Great job boss... Ride on..
#FollowingLikeTwitter

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Tobilastik(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2014
Fembleez1:

Thanks bro,as first to comment,I promise u a copy of my first novel when it is actually published. wink

Not going to be scary I think. cheesy

wow! anticipating for that then grin

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2014
"Wait," I said; "This is police college, Ikeja"

If I wasn't told, I would surely have figured out it was police college ikeja. I have been there several times and could easily recognise the place.

"This is the way." Mr. Gbenro said.

I could not tell what got me amused and I burst out laughing. Grandpa was grumbling and said different things.

"Oh lord!. This man Is a confused man. He has something else on his mind and cannot just concentrate"

Mr. Gbenro truly was a confused man. How do you expect someone the government had just marked his house to be demolished, Someone who has two(2) children at the university of ibadan and whose wife is troublesome and also controls him like a toy, to be concentrated?.

We got to a point and asked how we could locate 'Agege Motor Road'. We were directed but soon do we know the complications were not over yet, we are just starting!.

"Oh Lord, wo inu go slow ti man yi tu jawa si (look at the 'traffic' this man had got us into)." Grandpa muttered!.

I started laughing and crying, it was so serious,--I murmured!.

"This man(Papa) is so funny and disturbing(troublesome)."

We had to endure the 'Go-slow' for 2hours as a result of Mr. Gbenro's wrong route we took.
we got to Mama's house, came down from the car and head straight to the living-room.

We didn't have to knock, it was our home but the footwear at the entrance were unusual, to say they were like those at the front of a mosque would be an overstatement. There were four pairs of slippers at the entrance. Two ladies sat on the sofa and another lady on a white chair beside mama who was on a wheelchair.

"Good afternoon." We greeted.

"You're welcome!," they answered.

I could not, would not say anything again since we were taught not to interfere when elders' speak. I had to just listen and observe.

"Mama, De'iji ki yin o." (Mama,Deniji is greeting you).

They were fond of pronouncing 'Deniji' as if the 'n' were silent. Mama did not reply, her head was left hanging down her neck like christ on the cross.

"Mama, aburo yin ki yin o." The lady beside her tried waking her up.

"Ehn?," Mama questioned!.

"Your brother is greeting you". The lady repeated.

She was lost again, I was and thought Grandpa would be too. Grandpa stood up and went to her side calling out.

"Mama,.......Mama!!!," he shook and called her.

"She is asleep." Was the chorus that came out of the three (3) women.

"Mama recently has been feeling conscious and unconscious, she hardly eats, speak and we don't feel her liveliness anymore." A lady explained sadly.

How can someone feel conscious and unconscious?. Was the stupid thought I had.
Was that really a stupid thought?. The answer kept itself safe in my thoughts.

I looked at Grandpa, hoping he would, or could say something but there was a deafening silence in the room.

"Mama!. Mama!.,your brother is here." The lady broke the silence.

I wished at that moment, I could rise-up, walk up to the lady and strike her a slap that inflicts instant sweat. The way she hit her in the process of waking her was unbearable, I could not digest the thought, could not resist what I wanted to do but I was relieved when Papa said!.

"E rora jiwon." (Wake her gently).

Mama was awake and a smile appeared on my cheek when she called Grandpa's name.

"De'iji, igbawo lo de?."(When did you arrive?).

Papa rose and walked up to her, held her hand like two love birds and said.

"It wasn't long we arrived. I was very concerned this morning since I heard from you a long time ago, I had to tell Femi we should visit after Mass."

I saw Mama's head bowed and knew she was asleep again, or should I say 'unconscious',--I knew her eyes were shut and that was all.

"She is getting old." Whispered Papa!.

"That's the way we've been enduring. It hasn't been nice and to feed her is difficult, not to mention bathing her." A lady explained.

Papa tried to wake her and she became conscious, she repeated the question she earlier asked.

Grandpa repeated,. "She is getting old."

"Do you mind we offer you water and chin-chin to eat?."

"Yes, we do!!!." Was the reply!.

If it were to be another day, I would have been angry in my mind,--we were rejecting the offer of my best snack but that day was different. It looked as if sadness had suddenly descended. Mama was not herself again, truly old age had set-in.

"We have to be on our way now, we would visit next sunday." Papa said and we left the compound. I was sad but facial expression was not relevant, the world is just coming to an end for a glorious lady.

Tbc.............

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tobilastik:

wow! anticipating for that then grin

Yap,no problem bro!
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Dopeyomi(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
I dey follow 'bOmber' to 'bOmber' I no be bOko haram ooo.. But I dey follow tHis tHread like twitter..

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dopeyomi:
I dey follow 'bOmber' to 'bOmber' I no be bOko haram ooo.. But I dey follow tHis tHread like twitter..

Thanks boss
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice...story

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
Nice...story

Thanks bro
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
We had a 'congestion-free' journey back home and you can imagine our discussion. We visited Mama almost a year ago and things had suddenly changed. Does it mean people age everyday?.
She was lively the last time we paid her a visit,she wasn't on a wheelchair,how come everything turned out to be so disbelieving in the space of some months?. It was a worrying situation we met her.

No one anticipated any bad news about her health after the visit,so it was shocking three (3) days later my Grandpa received a call,"Mama has kicked the bucket"!.

It was not nice the day they broke the news, I was in the living-room playing video game when papa called me to his office to inform me mama was gone!.

"May her soul rest in peace and may God look mercy on her,and grant fortitude to we still left in this sad world." I prayed.

I wished she could live a hundred more,wished it was a news of birth than of death. I wished grandpa would, could say "we are going to visit the family on sunday to wish them 'happy new birth'. " but what he said was,"we would go console the family on sunday."

Are we not part of the family that needs to be consoled?. What was Grandpa saying?. How did he even know this would happen to say we should pay a visit last sunday?. Did an angel appeared to him?. Has he had a promise made to Mama before they came into this world?. These were the thoughts that gave out freely on my mind.

I had thought it far and had no definite answers for those questions when I resolved, 'he is old and the urge is always associated with old people. They would know when the time of death was close at hand,would call their children together to address them,to be united and stand strong as one like a broom,entrust the family properties to them and warn them in their dealings with one another.

May be Mama had that urge too,she must have done that before her demise. If she had,then glory be to God. Moreover,she had lived a fulfilled life at 96. Who am I to even say she had?.

The last time we visited(which was a year ago),didn't she mentioned the dis-unity among her children and the things she's done to unite them?. She even begged Grandpa to help out.

I didn't need to be told,she didn't achieve that before her death. Grandpa was the only elder left that could achieve it but would he be able to resolve the issue,promote peace,love and unity among mama's children?. Only God can tell.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Dopeyomi(m): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice.. Just keep tHe steady and frequent update.. I qOt yO back bRo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Dopeyomi:
Nice.. Just keep tHe steady and frequent update.. I qOt yO back bRo..

Thanks bro smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:07am On Dec 16, 2014
It was the feast of saint Puis X. I could not wait for this day to come,neither could I wish the priest would prolong his homily,my mind wasn't at mass that day,it was set for the visit and I was thinking about what Papa's mission might be.

I had a feeling all Mama's children would be present. I got back from church and we left for Mama's house.
I know you would think,didn't they miss the road today?. Do they have another driver?. Or has Mr Gbenro suddenly left his shell and memorized the route?.

Well,the last guess was right,Mr Gbenro had memorized the route and we had no problem locating Mama's house,neither did we encounter gridlock on the way.

The house was more crowded than our last visit. It looked as if they were manufacturing footwear in the house. We entered and greeted everyone. I had not met any of Mama's children before neither could I recognise each of them by their individual names. I only knew the name of the first son who died very long ago,he was the first out of the family of seven(7). His name was Adesogo Dorego Adelakun(R.I.P),he gave birth to a set of twin who are males and a female to make 3 children. I knew the twin cause they were members of the church 'warders'. I wasn't born when he died,so if I were told about him,I wouldn't have contemplated!.

I got to know the names of the other six(6) children.

Mrs. Kiara;
Mrs. Juliana;
Mrs. Daniella;
Sir(Mr.) Sigismund;
Rev Sister Mary; and,
Mrs. Roseline.

We were asked what we would drink,Grandpa requested water but I had nothing. I was later excused from the gathering. I went outside and thought grandpa's mission had begun,to reconcile the children.

What really caused the hatred amongst Mama's children was her favouritism,mostly towards Sir. Sigismund.

He is the only male left in the family and Mama over-pampered him to the disadvantage of his sisters. Not that she didn't love her children but she placed much authority on Sir. Sigismund who took the opportunity as it came. More so,he was the only male,he felt on top of the world and thinks all his sisters must be submissive to him both young and old. He forgot he had two sisters ahead of him. He was just too blind to see it that way,he became pompous and disrespectful that he thought no one could challenge his authority.
That was how it all started,some of his sisters started denouncing him and his authority. It grew into a menace that tormented the family's peaceful co-existence and they were divided against one another. Little did they realised what some of them thought to be just an household joke till it spread like a wild fire. A 'time-bomb' that was about to destroy the family that was built on love,personal respect for life and intimate friendship with christ by Mama and her late husband.

I laid at the back seat of the car when Mrs. Roseline and Daniella walked Papa to the car.

"This is the Aso ebi(family attire) we chose sir." Said Mrs. Rosaline.

"You can take it along,I will come to your house on thursday to bring more for other members of the family and collect the money." She added.

"Ok then." Papa said with an assuring nod.

you people have to come together as one because united we stand and united we can build a home. If we are divided,there can be no peace,no rest of mind and each person would always think evil of the other person.
If the 'bricklayers' or 'builders' of Rome weren't united,they wouldn't have completed the city in the next hundred years.
In order to be united,you all must be humble. Humility is the father of unity. You should all strive to be humble so you can accommodate one another.
Your mother was a very wonderful woman when she was alive and God knows all she wanted and prayed for was for her children to be united and love one another more.
She had always prayed that,

"Lord,let my children be like a bunch of broom,make them one and fill their minds with your words so that they might focus on building the type of family,Jesus,Mary and Joseph built."

Truly a tree cannot make a forest,neither can a single palm frond leaf sweep a room clean. It teaches that,you can only succeed exceedingly when you are on good terms with your neighbours.

Please!,try to accommodate one another. Remember united we stand and divided we fall.

These were the thoughts that flowed through my mind as we drove home. I think that would have been Papa's epistle to Mama's children. Was that because I knew my grandfather well or they were just pure imaginations of what he might have said?. Well,I guess they should be related.

Papa didn't talk to me that day on our way home,Mr Gbenro didn't,the car engine and accelerator were the ones doing the talking.
I couldn't ask Papa what they discussed or how it went partly because it wasn't my concern. Who was I to ask?. Do I have to interfere?.

T.b.c............

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by SegunFlames(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2014
Wow nice one! cheesy

Following... cool
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:04am On Dec 20, 2014
SegunFlames:
Wow nice one! cheesy

Following... cool

Thanks bro

Update coming soon,been busy!!!

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by SegunFlames(m): 1:11am On Dec 20, 2014
Fembleez1:

Thanks bro

Update coming soon,been busy!!!

ok we waiting..

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:33am On Dec 20, 2014
We got home that day with no word coming from me.

Thursday,the day Mrs Rosaline promised to come,came swiftly as if the other three days before it were not filled with life. She came and knocked on the door of grandpa's office

"Come in........Oh Funke!!!. Iwo ni??(It is you?)

"Yes! It is!." She replied.

"How have you been faring?. Hope all is well?." Papa asked

"Everything is fine Sir." She replied. What brought Mrs. Funke to our house that day was supposed to be the cloth she gave us the other time we went to console the family.
She had come to collect the money,at the same time,to impose or lure grandpa to buy her chosen cloth,Wow!!!. Chosen cloth. So this issue wasn't resolved yet. The dis-unity among Mama's children isn't over and will really be hard to end!.

Each child had picked his/her cloth,the highest form of dis-unity is a family of Six(6) blood children,choosing 6 different attire for the burial of their mother. A mother that gave birth to the Six of them,impregnated by Same man,I mean this children are of the same father and mother.

If there is something thicker than blood I could use to describe the strong tie that is supposed to exist between these children,it would have been nice but there is nothing. The bond that is supposed to be between them could just be broken by death but here they are,each picking his/her own attire for the burial of their mother.

"Well,I have to get in contact with our side of the family,we don't know what they might decide." Was Papa's response to all Mrs. Funke said.

She left that day,Papa didn't collect another cloth from her but he gave her the money for the first.

"Hello kehinde, shey o le yoju si mi??.(Can you please come over?)." Papa said to Ms. kehinde on phone and few minutes later,she arrived.

"Awon omo iya Sogo ti decide,won de ti mu aso to fe lo fun oku iya won (the children of iya Sogo have decided,they had picked attires for their mother's burial), so I want to know what you people plan doing,that's why I decided you should come over."

"I will have to assemble the others and we will give you a feedback" she said as she left.

Ms. kehinde is a barren woman of 48,she is one of the daughter's of my grandpa's brother. The story of her barrenness I was told began way back when she was young,at about the age of 23. She was cursed and it seems that had really been playing its part in her 'childless-ness'.

Her father who became blind at old age was brought food and money on christmas,not knowing the content of the food and amount my grandpa sent,he didn't bother to know. Poor blind man,whatever you give him would please him so long he was satisfied.

The food my grandpa sent that day was in a mini-cooler filled with jollof-rice,2 fried fishes and 4 fried turkeys with sauce drizzled over them. Wads of one one thousand naira note of 5pieces in an envelope.
Ms. kehinde and one of her elder brother planned that day and they removed half of the rice in the cooler,all turkeys,one and the half fish and left half fish on the remaining rice for the poor man who is their father. They didn't even inform him Papa sent him money along with the food.
Later that day,Papa went to visit him,he asked him hope he enjoyed his meal and had all the meats and fishes to himself but he was shocked when he was told he only had a fish to himself. He even said a fish not knowing it was half they served him. Papa inquired further may be he received the money he sent in an envelope but was more shocked when he was told "No one told me you sent money but food."

Immediately Ms. kehinde was summoned,she came and started feeling uneasy. Papa asked about all his brother had complained and she couldn't deny it. Her father had nothing to say than "that means,it's been long you've been doing such,you will never,.............." And that was the curse. She attempted to beg her father afterwards but he turned deaf ears,it was later when she asked for some elders intercession that her father forgave her before his death but God knows why she is still barren.

'Our side' of the family that Papa had been mentioning is different in so many ways I wouldn't like to go into because we are also divided.

The next day,Ms. kehinde was able to gather about 10 other members from their own side of the family to discuss and make arrangements for the burial. A burial that wasn't of their father neither of their mother.

It was agreed our side of the family would pick an attire so as to stand out on that day,have a tent to ourselves,food and everything that would make the burial a befitting one. What got me sick was that,it was just a one day thing,to a woman,though she might not be just an ordinary woman with the adjectives have used to qualify her. She obviously wasn't any woman,she was adorable and a mother every child would wish to have as a mother. But was these arrangements and cloth picking nevertheless going to make her happy where she was or is going,when the very thing she longed for in her life time wasn't resolved?.

The thought that came to my mind that day was,why were they bothering to have a party when the woman might not be happy?.

But it was typical of every yoruba people,they so much like party,as if they always pray each day for something that would cause to throw-up a party to happen.
Parties to them was a normal day to day activities of life. This thought took my mind to the 'Campos Square' located on the island in lagos. There is no day you would pass by the square without seeing the place filled with people partying. Something that used to be a friday to sunday's event had turned everyday's event.
If you were a child of these people throwing-up parties,you ask for money to buy anything in school,the only reply you would get was that "Market hasn't been moving well." I had to save myself of the thoughts cause there was nothing I could do to stop it,it had become a characteristic.

I looked at Ms. kehinde,the master planner and she defines every feature of a typical yoruba woman('islander' for that matter), except for her barrenness. (I made the sign of the cross saying "may God forgive me"wink and I got back from the journey the train of thoughts had took me.
They went to pick a cloth at the market that day,I wondered how fast that was and we were shown the attire. It looks good anyway,Da viva is always a nice attire and Mr. Yellow would sew me a fitted 'Gbamu Gbamu' was all I could think.

I didn't know 'Agege,at Mama's house was boiling' and what to expect the next day. A day 'Slap was busy flying around catching faces,clothes tearing to expose dangling and falling breast and some things the eyes were just meant not to see!!!.

T.B.C............
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kemtol(f): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Following like twitter, nice story

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
kemtol:

Yea...nice story

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Dopeyomi(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
Wetin dey do tHis baba na Come update na oGa Femo
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
kemtol:

Thanks mum,............lost ur username when NL got tsunamized

Thank God you're here,......follow back Asap smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dopeyomi:
Wetin dey do tHis baba na Come update na oGa Femo

Baba,no vex abeg,...............I just dey dey busy these days,choir rehearsal,concerts and carols too plenty this december time smiley

But I dey drop something tonight wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:13am On Dec 21, 2014
It was a beautiful morning,I slept well but didn't know what would happen that day,the atmosphere was so unpredictable. The day mama's children acted and were fully watched by all in their neighbourhood,the day they exposed their bodies to both young and old,embarrassed themselves as if they were not related by blood.

The weather was suiting,all activities was going well. I had gone to the market to get some food stuff for the house,the females of the house were spoilt,they never had to do anything,none of them could cook,my grandpa had been the cook and it ran in the blood,his father,grandfather and great grandfather had done the cooking in their days,they never depended on any woman to do it,more because,it is either food were not cooked to their satisfaction or woman ceremony are too much cooking.

Truly grandpa was right,with the little experience i had with females cooking,I can say females do not know how to cook,it takes them long to go to the market,get back and cook,they would have cooked all the ingredients in the food out just claiming to make the food done,they taste food almost every seconds on the fire,why?. They are not sure of their cooking skills. Grandpa had never tasted his food on the fire before,he knew the exact amount of salt to do,he knew when the pepper was boiled enough and when to add little or no water,he knew how to resolve any deficiency in cooking and that was passed on to his children and grandchildren,these too are things I plan passing on to his great grandchildren.

It was just simple,grandpa spoiled his female children and to him it was fun. Females are not meant for the kitchen in his sense and need not go near cooking because they are no great cook.,........Lol.

I got back from the market,prepared all I needed for the meal and was cooking in the kitchen which was very close to grandpa's office when I heard him saying on phone,

"I am highly disappointed in you people,that Sigismund is always proving dominance as if he were the first born.;Ehn!!!. Sister Mary Slap who?. 'Funmilayo!!!. What nonsense!. It shouldn't be her,she is a Rev. Sister and her composure should be absolutely glaring."

So these could happen?. I asked myself,a whole Rev. Sister slap someone!. That is so impossible,it can't be,No! No! No!. They are lying to Papa was my thought. But it was true,she actually raised her hand to slap her elder sister. How could that happen?.

It truly did happen,she is a Rev. Sister and was supposed to control her anger,kept herself blameless and not reacted to the extent of dashing her sister a slap,the way a layman shouldn't even behave. Those were what I was thinking when my mind drew me to her early life.

Her life began a very long time ago,presumably when she was in the secondary school. She attended the St. Mary's convent Ajele Broad Street,Lagos.
She was a very bright student and got a call to serve the lord the way any other men of God could have got theirs. But hers was a bit close to our lady's,the Queen of peace,seat of wisdom,virgin most renowned,mirror of justice,virgin most faithful,virgin most admirable and virgin most prudent might have gotten the message from Arc Angel Gabriel about the birth of the baby Jesus. The deliverer of mankind,saviour of the world and the lamb of God,who takes away the sins of the world.

Her own message wasn't of giving birth to the Jesus of her time but to conceive the word of God,which is the fruit of truth,to be married to the church all her life till she gains the inheritance of where christ had gone to prepare. She was later made a Revered Sister due to whatever good behaviour or call she might have gotten from God.

With the display of slapping her elder sister,I had a thought she maneuvered her way to her ordination but she didn't,human beings are not perfect and she just displayed the human part of her. The pope himself ain't perfect so who was her to be spotless as snow.

Even christ when he took the form of God and of man to come die for our sins displayed his human character by driving out the people that turned the temple of worship into,Idumota market,Yaba market,Bodija market,Kano market,Aba market and even Onitsha market.
Though christ display of anger is quite understandable because he was fighting for the right course but was Rev. Sister Mary fighting for a right course?. Didn't the bible also say we should respect those above us and give honour to whom it is due?. I wondered what bible she might be reading or wasn't she reading any?.
I was asking myself this when I remembered the funny people christ drove out of the temple,what on earth might even prompt people to turn a whole temple of worship into a market place?. Lust for material wealth? Blind nature of man?. The question kept coming with no answers to them.

I foreshadowed Rev. Sister Mary on my mind going to the confessional board on saturday saying 'bless me father for I have sinned,I slapped my elder sister". But I quickly composed myself,that was her business with God,who was I to interfere?. When I heard grandpa exclaimed.

"Tear each others clothes and expose their body to the public?."

Mehn,things were just starting to hit-up!

T.B.C,..................
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Hello me lovely readers,happy sunday to you all,I hope you are enjoying the story? grin,.............though it might not be as interesting as people would love it to be but you just have to accept the story the way it is,it is not a comedy and so u shouldn't expect much laughter from it smiley

I love you all. kiss
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:27am On Dec 21, 2014
For the guest/ghost viewers or readers that haven't dropped their comments angry

I thank you too o but all I want to tell you is-------------»»»

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mrs Rosaline was the first to take up the fight after Rev. Sister Mary slapped Mrs Funmilayo. She was so angry that she grabbed Sister Mary by the waist-band of her 'clerical clothing' and slapped her back. Sister Mary immediately returned the slap and they started struggling till Mrs Daniella intervened and the fight turned to hers and Mrs Rosaline.

Mrs Daniella,with her intervention was obvious she supports Sister Mary,they were divided against each other and they got companies.
Mrs Rosaline being the youngest of them both and with a moderate stature was able to get the struggle under her control,she grabbed her sister by the hair and swung her from side to side. Mrs Daniella being chubby and knowing very well she was losing it,suddenly located Mrs Rosaline's clothe close to her breast and tore the blouse straight down 'taaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh'
She immediately let loose of her sister's hair trying to grab her torn blouse together to cover her bra. She never knew something worse that would not even be sufficient to try grab blouse together was coming.

Mrs Daniella knowing fully well the trauma she's undergone when her sister was pulling her hairs didn't stop at just tearing her sister's blouse. Immediately she saw Mrs Rosaline trying to back out of the struggle,she rushed towards her and not knowing where to grab,she mistakenly took hold of the hook of her bra,pulled it to draw her from fleeing but what happened was not something I regarded as a mistake. It was not a mistake she tore her sister's blouse and what mistake might be in grabbing someone you already tore her blouse by the hook of the bra?.

I was trying to figure out may be it was a mistake the fight had happened when the hook went loose and behold, breast fell out of the 'bra' like a mango falling down its tree,Mrs Daniella drag the bra and it fell off her sister's shoulder in a way I could not calculate.

Seeing that she was already exposed,Mrs Rosaline had nowhere to hide or run to again,she let go of the shame and trying to grab her sister's clothe that was more of a silk and couldn't tear easily,in an instance,she snip-snapped and 'Faaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhh' was all I heard.

The side zip of Mrs Daniella skirt went on a ride that passed the Bus-stop the zip was supposed to stop,her skirt was torn and it resembled a wrapper. But thank God she was putting on an underwear that looked like another layer of skirt,only ladies would know how it was called.

I thought that was going to be the end. But what happened next really amazed me,Mrs Rosaline didn't stop there,I don't know may be she planned the fight but it looked as if there was razor with her,it couldn't just be her fingernail.

I don't know how she grabbed her sister's underwear or what she used,either her fingernails or razor,both the one that looked like skirt and the pant she was putting on went off as if their locks were let loosed.
She was naked from waist downward.

Sister Mary and Mr Sigismund seeing what was happening immediately ordered the maid to go bring a wrapper for both of them.

So Mr. Sigismund was standing all the while the fight was on?. What sort of man is he?. How can he be around and such incident happened?. Had he nursed the opportunity to see his sister's unclothedness?. Were the questions going through my mind when both women suddenly started dragging each other's remaining part of dress and before the maid could return,they were both unclad.
Camel toes were exposed without even tight clothes revealing them. The younger female had her nipples erect as if they were being played with. I had a thought may be the fight might have triggered the hormones to make those nipples react in such a way that even male passersby started clutching their trousers together,holding their p*nis to their trousers so as not to be noticed trying to escape the cell of their pants.

Children in the neighbourhood were pursued inside by those that enjoyed the show,most especially male that wanted to have the nude event all to themselves. Laughter started ringing around as the children ran here and there to mock both those pursuing them and those acting the shameless movie.

The second lady's breast could get people already aroused discouraged and it proved my thoughts of hormone triggering the first lady's nipples wrong,as hers were fallen facing the ground like those 'igbo-like head-warmers' worn by chiefs or Ezes.
I knew the two ladies didn't feel the shame then and I knew it was after that day's event the shame would set in.
The maid returned with the wrapper and both ladies were covered and led inside by females that stayed around and who cared to help the ladies find their shame,if they've lost it to a blind issue/fight,that isn't supposed to be heard of from children of same Parents.

T.B.C,.............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not going to be updating today,I just lost one of my relatives,somewhat a granny to me ,may her soul rest in perfect peace,..........Amen cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

GOOD GUY AT 23 / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / The Book Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.