Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (19732 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 23, 2014
Fembleez1:
Not going to be updating today,I just lost one of my relatives,somewhat a granny to me ,may her soul rest in perfect peace,..........Amen cry
eyah,sorry
take heart cause she is in a better place
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by SegunFlames(m): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2014
Fembleez1:
Not going to be updating today,I just lost one of my relatives,somewhat a granny to me ,may her soul rest in perfect peace,..........Amen cry

Sorry about that bro. Take care.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2014
mistytohcute:

eyah,sorry
take heart cause she is in a better place

Thanks dear
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2014
SegunFlames:

Sorry about that bro. Take care.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2014
They were all seated in the room shamefully after the event when grandpa entered the room unexpectedly. They couldn't believe their eyes, someone that was on the line some few minutes ago now in their presence. They never knew they've displayed those madness of theirs for up to 1hr 30minutes, that was enough for grandpa to drive down to Agege if there was no congestion on the road.

Grandpa met Mrs. Roseline and Daneilla with wrappers tied beneath the armpit and he couldn't have any more convincing 'online stories' than the evidence that had presented itself before him.

"Are you people now satisfied?." He said.

No answer came from no one, they were all daft and it was obvious they were deaf and dumb as well, no one would have spoken up after the shameful event that had just occurred except the person wasn't shameless.

"Sir,....Sir.......Sir" were trying to force their way out of Mr. Sigismund mouth when Grandpa gave him the shock of his life

"Do not open that disrespectful f*ggot shameless mouth of yours, you shameless fool. You claim to be the only male of the family and all those things happened in your presence, were they things you should be happy for?."

"Am so sorry sir, they all happened in some way I couldn't understand, as if spell were cast upon me."

"Yes, spell can't stop casting itself on you, ever since you brought that witch you called a wife into your life." Grandpa added.

Truly, spell was casted on Mr. Sigismund. This man was one of the most active in church then, until he brought a woman from nowhere into his life, to ruin not only him but the entire family he has.

He met her at an event he went with his friends. They were all seated when one of his friend's wife brought her friend to great her husband's friends. As a man who had always liked ladies since his university days, he couldn't resist the temptation when he excused himself from the midst of his friends and pursued(followed) the lady. He got her attention and they became friends.

Two days later, he proposed to the lady. A lady he met not even up to a week, not knowing where she was coming from, her background, her mindset or anything about her. He was so blind with love or should I say beauty that he asked.

"Will you marry me Jacqueline?."

The lady, being the type of who she was, had no choice than to accept the request and it was sealed. They were to go to the altar in the next 1 month.
I wasn't surprised and you don't have to be surprised. Mr. Sigismund is a rich man, he has all he wanted, he is very hardworking and generous, so talking about taking a lady he met two(2) days ago to the altar in the next four(4) weeks is more of the reason you need not be surprised.

As a catholic that knew he needed to go for marriage classes(counselling) with his wife, to know how to withstand all challenges in marriage and other things he needs to know but he was blind at that time, beauty conquered his heart and love was in the air, he didn't know what he was doing. He changed towards his family, started disrespecting his mum and elder sisters and he felt so on top of the world, he had met his own Miss world. She s the most remarkable thing that had happened to him. She is honest, loyal, a wife material, a hardworking lady and all the good things he could used to compliment a lady were all he said when he never knew she was camouflaged in another skin.

Her first step to set Mr. Sigismund apart his family started on the day she informed one of her friend about the way he behaved and treated his family. He is so nice to them, gives them all they want, sponsors some of his sister's children, gives out scholarship to people in the church and he is also a sponsor of St. Vincent the poor society that caters for wretched people in the church. She told her friend, he cares more for his family than her, he spends more time with them and before they ask for 'Corn', he would buy them 'Corn-flakes', before they asked for 'V',he would have secured a 'Visa' for them, before they ask for 'this', he would have provided 'that' for them.
I wondered what she wanted again. Does she expect the man to neglect his family for her?. The man that bought 2 cars for her before she even requested for one, gives her 2million for her wardrobe every month not to talk of the money she receives for feeding and the likes. He has about 3-4 schools(both primary/secondary) he owns and placed her as the proprietress. They operate a joint account and they are both signatories to it. The house he built were all to her name and other businesses. He never did anything without her consent since he met her and all the things he did were to please his wife.

She was just not satisfied enough than turning the man against his family.
After she explained everything to her friend, the advice she got was "don't worry we would visit one baba now. Once we get to him, all your problems would be solved"

Imagine what happened at the baba's place and all the lies that her friend put forward to make the baba put more effort in preparing the charm.

Relax peepz, you've not seen anything,..........

T.B.C.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
They got to the baba's house, greeted him and her friend spoke up.

"Baba, this my friend has been suffering so much from this man's hands. He treats her like a slave, he doesn't give her food money or any money but he prefers satisfying his relatives."

"Hmmmmmm!!. What should we do now?." Baba asked.

"Baba, we just want you to punish him."

"Well, punish him ranges on the one you wish. Should we make him completely mad?. Turn him into a complete slowpoke?. Or take him out of this world entirely?."

"Arh baba!!." Were the exclamation that came out of Mrs. Jacqueline's mouth

Her friend made to pinch her at the side, she resisted and spoke up

"Rara o(No o), he isn't completely bad the way my friend had put it. I don't think all you have presented forward is the solution to this problem."

With that sort of friend who did that, you would have known she is not a friend material. What would she have had in mind, to kill the husband?. so as, her friend would have all the wealth to herself or she was also nursing some hidden agendas.
She made to pinch her again, when
She immediately responded with a shout.

"Wo jeki n soro jo(look, let me speak up), I love my husband no matter what. All I want to do is to make him submissive to me, whatever I ask him to do, he should do."

The loud laughter that evaded the room after she spoke got her and her friend really afraid, they thought the gods were angry or rejoicing but it was the Baba's laughter.

"Hahahahaha, you mean we should turn him into a complete slowpoke, use pant to hit his head and make him a nuisance?"

"Let us remove the nuisance part baba because if he should be a nuisance, how will he provide for me and his family?. Let's just make him a slowpoke, or prepare a love charm that would bind him to me than his blood."

That is the result of having bad friends I thought, once a woman starts visiting her friends, telling them what was going on in her matrimonial home, one needs to be very watchful. More so, she is not a catholic and I wondered what might have drawn Mr. Sigismund to this lady when the Baba gave her the love portion he prepared.

"Use this one and add to his tea, this to his food, this under his pillow. You should say this words to them,..................,!!!. they would become effective 3 days from their first use."

After the consultation, they paid the Baba and promised to give him more, once the charm starts being effective when Papa drew my mind back to the matter on ground.

"I warned you then that you shouldn't marry that woman but you resisted saying, 'She is the person you dreamt of.' Now you can't get your senses right even when your sisters are busy disgracing themselves in the neighbourhood."

Papa proceeded talking to them, telling Rev. Sister Mary he couldn't believe she could slap her sister, Mrs. Daniella and Rosaline tearing each other's clothes and belittling themselves in the neighbourhood as if they were fighting for same husband(a man).

I pondered who on earth could come down to settle the dis-unity amongst Mama's children apart from Papa. Since Mama's death, Papa continued on his reconciliation mission.

He was able to settle the fight that day, they all pleaded sorry. Rev. Sister Mary's colleague that heard what happened arrived in time to meet Papa on his mission and they also scolded them, Sister Mary especially for dragging the image of the nuns on the floor, and setting herself so low like a layman. Why didn't she hold her peace?. She just went too far raising her hand against her elder sister.

With the intervention of elders living around, Papa and the nuns were able to reconcile Mama's children back that day. And I hope in my mind that, that would be the last time a gathering of reconciliation would occur before Mama's burial and after.

We were giving obituary after all that happened, the wake-keep ceremony was to hold on thursday, 13th december 2008. About two(2) weeks from that day at the church hall of St. peters' Akowanjo. The Requiem Mass was to hold by 10am, 14th of same month at the St. Micheals' catholic church.

Preparation has began in ernest.

T.B.C................
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
What do you guys think about the story so far,...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Dopeyomi(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Its been nice all through.. I've been busy lately buh I'm partially bAck..

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Dopeyomi:
Its been nice all through.. I've been busy lately buh I'm partially bAck..

Thanks bro wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:23am On Dec 30, 2014
Preparation for the burial begun and it really got our side of the family together. We were not friendly before this day, so why has everyone left that aside?. have they all turned a new leaf?. Yes! they have, but just for the time we would round off the burial rite and immediately mama had gone 6ft beneath the earth, the hatred would raise its ugly head again.

The hatred all started when Ms Kehinde's father died. He was until his death the most senior of the family and immediately he died, my Grandfather as his brother and the only surviving child of their parents assumed duties as the head of the entire Adelakun family. His first born was the twin brother of Ms kehinde and when his father died, had it in mind he was now capable of taking their own share of the family's property, so a family meeting was called up and he summoned his siblings that were eight (8 ) in numbers to attend the meeting and requested for their own share of the property since their father is late.

The meeting took place in our bar. It started on a very calm note, my Grandfather addressed them being the new head of the family since their father is late but they weren't in the meeting for such announcement my Grandfather was making.

"Gbo gbo nko ten so yen ko la ba wa sibi yi (all that you are saying are not what we are here for)." Mr. Taye said angrily.

"Beni, aa wa sere nibi bai (yes, we are not here for jokes)." One other sibling spoke to back his brother up

"Calm down, calm down, I'm not fighting with you guys. Shey ti ija le ba wa biyi ni? (Are you here for a fight?)." Papa tried to calm them but what he heard made him know they weren't here for suiting words or words of comfort. They already had plans and wanted to achieve every bit of it in that meeting.

"E wo, ikan ta n so ni pe ,ki e pin ogun yi, afe gba ogun baba ti wa(Look!. All we are saying is, we want our share of the property, we mean our father's property)." Was the loud cry that came from Mr. Taiwo.

It is obvious he is the spokesman of the gathering because he was the first born and male to be specific. He had to assume duties immediately his father was gone. He wants to fight for the right of his younger ones. But there were so many hidden agendas in his clamours that his siblings do not know of, If they knew, they wouldn't be up against my Grandpa like they were.

"Ok, what do you want us to do now?." Papa asked.

"Just divide this property and let everyone be on their own. We don't want to have anything to do with you again. We are grown-ups and since our father is no more, it is our right to have the property he left behind."

"Do you know I have always held your father in high esteem, and I have never had anything against you his children. He is my brother and I wouldn't do anything that would displease him. Why then are you people talking to me this way?. As if I mean nothing to you!."

"Ewo!!. Story len so yen (look!!. All you are saying is story)."

"Yes!, my brother just said it, all you are saying is story. We are not here for that, we are here to know how we will get our own share and nothing more." Ms kehinde added.

"Ok, what do you think we should do now?."

"Good!. You are just talking. We need you to divide this property once and for all. Let everybody be on their own." Mr. Taiwo spoke up.

"But you people have to give me a month to do the needful then everything is resolved. You will have your share."

"No! No!, No!. There is nothing like a month here. We are giving you just a week to divide it and stay clear of our territory." Was Mr taiwo's immediate response to Grandpa's request.

"Please, I beg of you. A week would not be enough to clear eveything once the property is divided. You all know my toilet and bathroom are on your territory and it wouldn't be enough to build a new toilet and bathroom in a week without perfect plans. Where do you want mummy to take her kitchen to?. More so, my son's room is also just at the demarcation of the land."

He was cut short by Mr. Taiwo who said waving his finger at Grandpa's face "we don't care how you do it. If you like, put the toilet on your head or build the bathroom on the road or take your wife's kitchen to hell and send your son to live inside the carnal. We do not care!. If by this time next week you are not off our share of the property, you will hear from us in such a way you wouldn't believe it."

I was so suprised at Mr. Taiwo's display at my Grandfather, a brother to his father. I wish I wasn't a Grandson, so I could enter the meeting and give him a slap to send a message that reads 'how dare you talk to my Grandfather like that, as if he were your mate' but I couldn't, I just sat outside the corridor nursing my vexation inward and kept on with the thoughts.

What was he thinking about?. There was nothing more to guess than they had always wanted their father dead before now. They never liked my Grandpa and with the way they treated their father, one would know there can be no respect for any other person since they showed same 'I don't care' towards their blind father.

What got me more baffled with their display in the meeting was because Grandpa was the one who provided everything they used for their father's burial, ranging from a land to bury their father at the cemetery, the coffin, clothes that he wore, requiem mass booking in church, ETC.
But they were blind. All what grandpa did to them seem, was to buy their love so he would remain on their father's property and never have the mind of splitting it so they can have theirs.

Grandpa was so confused that day, he started weeping and couldn't control himself. What has he done to merit his brother's children talking to him that way. He was Sobbing, talking and regretting at the same time. "Taye yen!, o n ju owo fi ba mi soro (that Taye, waving his finger at me to talk to me)."

He called his 3 daughters abroad to inform them of the ridicules he just went through. He was pitied and they advised that he calls my dad to come over so they start clearing off their property cause with the way they warned Grandpa, they meant business and one can't be too careful than to make sure everything was done in the weak's favour because they looked stronger and determined. You wouldn't predict what they might do, witnessing some horrifying consequences of people that had fought because of properties in the past.

I couldn't blame or pity my Grandfather because his brother before going blind never liked him and the hatred he passed onto his children towards my Grandpa was not just a 'help me nurse it' type of hatred. He really cooked them up and made them to detest Grandpa so much.
My Grandfather with all the hatred and bad names he got then, didn't stop respecting his brother and accommodating his children.

It was an unforeseen circumstance that got their father to love Grandpa back and that was his blindness. Only God could tell why that happened but when he went blind, Grandfather was the only person that stood by him, taking care of him, changing his clothes whenever he messed up and also fed him. Some of his children fled and the once around started treating him badly as if he were not their father. I was remembering how everything had gone when a statement Grandfather once made came to my mind when he said "Do not do anything whether good or bad to someone today and expect something in return immediately but because of the future."
Truly, no one knows the future and one needs to act gently in ones dealing. Before you throw stone into the market, you need to consider the consequences. It might land on your relatives' head. There is every possibility it may land on someone close to you. One needs to be good and try to help anybody that needs ones help now because you might not know it might be your turn next.

Who knew Grandpa would be the one to stand by him when he went blind with all the hatred he had for him?. To the extent of providing for all what was needed for his burial. But his children were not ready to learn from that and the hatred their father had built in their mind was not addressed before his death. That was one of the mistake I think he made before his death.

He should have at least cleaned Papa's name when he went blind after he saw Papa wasn't the way he thought, should have called his children together and tell them he made a mistake hating Papa and tarnishing his name and image before them, but where were his children when he needed them most?. They were nowhere to be found and that was the reason he was unable to redeem Papa's image and name before his death.

What happened on the ultimatum they gave Papa was not something one could fathom because a week wasn't just enough for him to clear off their territory and the threat they made wasn't just something to call a bluff. They meant business and they came battle ready.

They brought cutlass, invited different Mallams, Area boys with different weapon to come destroy things. Blood were split, hospital welcomed patients, rooms/buildings went down like they were hit by an earthquake. Respect was beaten blue black.

Stay tuned as you see how the event unfolds in the next update.

T.B.C,.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 30, 2014
Fembleez1:
What do you guys think about the story so far,...........

Nice

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
more updates
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
mistytohcute:
more updates

Thanks dear,you are the first to yawn for more and am so happy for that kiss

Update dropping soon. smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Nice

Thanks bro
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:56am On Dec 31, 2014
"Knock knock knock!."

it was very early the day they came, no one expected they would come as we all thought all they rant were bluffs but we were woken to our greatest surprise.
When the door was banged the first time. N one answered, we said how can someone be knocking on a door this early as at 7:15am but it wasn't early really to those that came banging the door.

"Knock knock knock."

"Shey ko si anybody ni ile ki a to Ja ilekun yi kale? (is there no one at home before we break down this door?)."

"Yes!. Who is that?. And why are you banging the door like thieves this early?. Don't you have houses where u can still be by this time sleeping?." I said opening the door

"Oh!. Enu e gboro lati soro si mi bo she fe abi?. (So you have a long rooted mouth to talk at me anyhow ehn?)."

The next thing I heard was 'kpaaahhh', a slap landed on my face that sent me rolling on the floor as if I were tilling it with my fingers. I tried to stand up to gain balance and ask why I had been slapped, when I was packed with boot off the floor by one of the touts that came along with them.

At that moment, Grandpa came out of the house to ask what was happening when he was cut short by Mr. Taiwo.

"So, you haven't still cleared all we ask you to clear, it seems you see us as jokers?."

"See, I have tried a little. It just remains,........" Papa was interrupted by one of Mr. Taiwo's siblings who gave orders to the touts to start bringing down every object left standing and to the Mallams, to start packing what might be useful to them.

"Please, give me today to try and sort out some things".

Grandpa was pushed out of the way, he nearly landed on his buttocks when he was rescued by one of the Mallams that had come to pick what they consider useful to them.

"Make you no 'fush' 'Fafa' like vhat na, e don old and 'isf' not good." Was the statement that came out of the Mallam that rescued Papa.

Before we could realise what was happening, my uncle's house standing on the demarcation was already down. The touts worked as if they were pursued, they tried moving to the toilet when they asked may be Papa had requested them to come suck the shit away but nothing came out of Grandpa's mouth. I was still trying to locate Papa's lost eye glasses when my uncle arrived with his friends.

He is a well built 6ft, ebony guy with muscles everywhere his body, and a very stubborn guy. I don't know how he heard what was happening because he wasn't around when they came banging the door due to his normal early morning register he had to mark at the hemp joint.
With his eyes popping out extremely red, you would know he had combined weeds, hot drinks, 'S.K' and the likes together. The odour coming out of his body also left much to be desired. I tried to gaze at his friends and the difference amongst them wasn't something I could point out. It was obvious they were high and battle ready. They came with cutlasses and broken bottles.
When I tried giving Grandpa's eye glasses to him was when my uncle spoke up.

"So you people think you can just come and threaten my father anyhow abi?. Iya yin!. E fe kun (your mother, you will nearly die)."

"Let me just see anybody touch anything again and we will show you who is really here for business."

"Eh!. Ogbeni, ma lo be o, o dabi pe e wo ni oya abi?. O fe ma be! (Eh!. Young man, don't start spilling out unnecessarily, cause it seems you are the antelope that knows how to jump very well)." A tout threw the words at my uncle.

"Oh!. To ba sure fun ehn, iwo ko try rubbish, to wa mo bo shen lo (if you know u are self-confident, just try rubbish and I will let you know how it is)."

Soon as my uncle spoke those words, I knew something terrible was about to happen. I tried taking Papa out of sight but he refused, trying to beg his son to please don't let the devil take over him.

But there was no devil taking over anybody here, this people came to find trouble and they even disrespected you by pushing you out of the way. You might as well have been injured when you were pushed away were the thought I had when my brother lifted the cutlass with him as he was about to be attacked by one of the tout.

"Ye! Ye! Ye! Eti mi (oh!. My ear)." Was the loud cry we heard as we saw the cutlass went up and came down in a very rapid manner that got the tout holding his hands to his left ear. He was injured and it was clear his left ear had been cut off.

I was so surprised at what happened, that I opened my mouth wide and at the same time drifted my mind off the scene as I found myself standing beside Jesus Christ at the garden of Gethsemane, at the night he was betrayed and was about to be arrested when I saw Peter horridly pulling out a knife to cut down one of the soldier's ear. He had finished cutting the ear off and was seized when I saw Jesus moving closer, picking the fallen ear off the floor, to fix it back for the soldier when I was brought back by the clashing of cutlasses.

There was no Jesus Christ, no betrayal, neither was there a Roman soldier here, and I thought there was no form of miracle of ear joining that would happened here today. When I saw about 2 people from my uncle's gang already losing blood and 3 from the Taiwo's already backing out holding one part or the other with a cloth to stop the bleeding. My brother was gone and nowhere to be found. Everything just happened in a split second that amazed me.

"Taye,shey o ri nkan to da le bayi, agbara e o ni ka o (you see what you have caused, you won't be able to handle it)."

I was still holding Papa's eye glasses as I lifted my head to know may be Papa had seen Mr. Taye before making that statement but I couldn't see him, couldn't see a bird too. All the Mallams were gone and it looked as if a curfew was imposed on our compound.
Papa and I were the only humans left in the compound. I gave thanks to God as if it were all over that day not knowing Mr. Taye and the pot-bellied man would come back in the evening to receive beating of their lives from 2 young lads they were old enough to 'father'.

T.B.C,................
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Can't wait to finish this story,gat a lot to do this coming year embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2014
Two updates dropping soon

I mean today smiley

Typing,........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Fembleez1:
Two updates dropping soon

I mean today smiley

Typing,........
#expecting

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
We got the news that those who sustained injuries had gone to the hospital for treatment. I was asked to go cover the blood spilled in the compound with sand and sprinkle some kerosene everywhere, when the thought came to me to search may be the guy that got his ear cut, forgot to pick it up before running away.
I searched under the rubble and could not find anything, could not find the guy's ear.

I tried to find my path to the sucker-way close to the toilet may be the ear might have flew off towards there or may be it had mistakenly flew into shit.

I was busy looking here and there, dipped my face into the sucker-way to see may be it might float, if it were there the ear flew. But all I saw were maggots, black shit, yellow shit and cockroaches trying to flee.

If the ear truly had flown mistakenly into the sucker-way, I was stupid to be searching for it. It wasn't something that could float neither might it have flown that far, almost 30yards away from the scene of the incident.

I was still in my mystery when my uncle came back from the unknown place he had disappeared to. He was so shabby, his clothes were torn and stained with blood. I was giving him a thorough look from head to toe when I noticed a cut at one part of his trouser. The skin protruded and the part where he was cut had no cloth to cover it. The cutlass which was used should be a very sharp one I thought, because it cut the trousers into the skin, leaving an horrifying scene that I could not help what would be done, could not imagine the stitches he would need before his skin would be back to normal(its shape).

I tried to ask him where he had gone and why didn't he visit the hospital when he was away but the words couldn't find their way out of my mouth. I just stood at one point staring like a zombie at him as he tried to tear a rag into two(2), so as to use it in tying the wound till he gets to the hospital but the rag didn't please him.

He went for his towel on the line, said something as he took the towel off the line but I could not hear what he said, could not comprehend. My nerves didn't receive any message that might have travelled to my brain and the brain in its turn interpret and transmit it.

"Why do u stand staring like that?. Are you deaf?. Didn't you hear what I said."

I didn't make to move, could not open my mouth either, just stood there lost. I never knew my uncle was talking to me but I was looking straight into his eyes. It was as if I were dreaming and at the same time awake.

"Femi!! Femi!!." My uncle called shouting as I made to run like a wide bull, when he said,"why are you running?. Who is after you?. What have you been thinking about?."

I didn't know which of the questions to answer first as I was running. He told me he had asked me to get him a knife to cut the towel but I stood as if I were a stick, as if I didn't hear what he said. Soon as I heard what he explained, I took a halt and spoke up. "Oh!, am deeply sorry. I never knew you were talking to me." As I head to the kitchen to get him the knife.

I brought the knife to him which wasn't hard for me to locate since I knew where we kept cutlery in the kitchen.

"Hold it for me." he said as he cut the towel into two(2) and tied his wounded leg to stop the bleeding. I thought he would head straight for the hospital soon as he finished but I was surprised when he bent down washing the clothes he had soaked in the bucket before leaving home early that morning.

He was still washing when his junior brother came back from work. He greeted everybody and went to drop his bag inside.

He is the Second born and not as built as his brother who is a weight lifter. He had not involved himself in the property matter since it began. Soon as he finished dropping his bag inside, he headed to the kitchen and coming back, I saw him quenching his taste with the malta Guinness, I had bought the day before. I was angry but could not show it, when I saw his face changed.

I was trying to figure out may be he was angry for drinking my malt when he disappointed me with the questions he asked.

"What happened here?. Why is the toilet not Standing over there?. Our room?. What happened here if anyone cares to tell me?.

I thought may be his elder brother would speak up but he didn't say anything, rather he concentrated on his laundry the more.

Grandpa at that moment started narrating what happened when I caught the view(gaze) of 2 men approaching. I didn't look up to know who they were because my eyes were still looking at my malt in my uncle's hand when he said.

"Arh!!!, o ti e da be. Awon no loun n bo yi (Wow!!, very nice. They are even the ones coming)." As I made to look up, I saw Mr. Taye and his brother, the pot-bellied man walking majestically as if they were coming to visit their wives or concubines.

My uncle who was washing his clothes didn't hear what we were discussing because he was at the tap and it was some metres away from where we stood. When a hot slap landed on his back, the move he and his brother took at that moment were something I could not bear to watch.

T.B.C,..........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
mistytohcute:

#expecting

Thanks for staying with me all this while dear kiss

Another update dropping in the next 1hr

Typing,.......
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
He rose with a back-hand slap that covered the pot-bellied man's face. My second uncle rushed towards Mr. Taye and lifted him off the floor with a kick that looks as if he were playing soccer(football).

They gave both men the beating of their lives, till they were drench inside the gutter, they started begging for mercy, even the passersby could not interfere because they knew who my uncles were. You interfere, then it turns into yours and you might as well get beaten.

I saw the way my uncles were satisfied with the way they treated both men, as if to pass a message, 'that should teach you the lessons of your life'. Never to push my father again or try any rubbish just because of property.

It took months before everything was resolved. They requested Papa put a gate that would link the compounds together but Grandpa didn't give in. He said his eyes had seen enough and putting a gate would mean he was requesting future trouble from them.

After remembering all that caused the hatred at our side of the Adelakun's, as the preparation was going, all I had in mind was that, for now, let's just enjoy the love the death of this wonderful woman had brought, at least 'na cause of party we come together'.

Do you think I really want us to reconcile and be one happy family again?. Lai Lai!!!. After all that happened, ranging from Grandpa being disrespected, my uncle losing blood, me receiving slap I didn't deserve and many more I cannot think of. They were a great deal of mischief they did and I cannot find a way to forgive 'talk-less' of forgetting it.

It took my mind to my Catechism class(sunday school as u will have it) where we were taught that, unless you be at peace with your neighbour, or as long as your neighbour offends you and you can't find a place in your heart to forgive and forget, you shouldn't say that particular sentence/s of the prayer "OUR FATHER."

The part reads "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us." What relevance does it make when God forgives you and you find it hard to forgive your neighbour?. May be the lord shouldn't forgive you then but God doesn't reason like humans, he is a merciful God who doesn't Want the death of a sinner but his repentance/reconciliation(righteousness).

The best part of it all is that, you can't say "The Lord's prayer(Our Father)." Without saying that part, you just can't skip it.

I tried saying it may be it was possible to skip but it had already become an anthem or a chorus to me. I started saying it as if I were singing, that I never knew when I actually said "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us."

T.B.C,..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sorry guys for making the last update short and rough. I will try to make things up,church calls kiss

Bye cool,see you guyz next year

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by MachineX(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2015
More Please!

Fembleez1, Believe me when i say YOU 'RE GOOD!

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
MachineX:
More Please!

Fembleez1, Believe me when i say YOU 'RE GOOD!

Thanks much bro,I'm humble! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
Congratulations oo cheesy!congratulations oo cheesy!!To you my most honourable readers as we welcome 2015 so shall we welcome joy,peace,happiness,success,breakthrough,love,wat again? tongue abeg mention all that is remaining..Happy New Year guyz cool

You all should enjoy your day,eat,drink(responsibly grin ),dance and jolly good cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
Update dropping soon wink

Typing,.......
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
Frequent meetings were held in our house because the date was just drawing nearer and nearer. Attires/Aso Ebi were coming in from the market and going out to people who felt it compulsory to buy it, since there is a saying in the yoruba language that I would call a slang "Eni ti o ra Ankara o le je Semo (those that didn't buy Ankara/Attire are ineligible to eat Semo on the day of the party)."

To Ms. kehinde and others, it was something of joy, at least there would be money that would be used to prepare food for those coming for the burial reception, most especially those that bought the Attire.

I don't really know the reason why they made it compulsory to always pick or sell Aso ebi's whenever there was a party to throw up. May be it were to provide food for those coming, I do not know.
But those coming are not supposed to base their minds on food neither was it necessary for those that threw up the party to invite the whole world, when they knew they wouldn't have money to cater for those coming.
These were the thoughts I had when I said to myself, it had become a norm to we africans, mostly Nigerians, to always pick Aso Ebi whenever something little that cause to throw-up a party made itself available.

"I will drop a bag of rice." Ms. kehinde blurted out. "Just leave that to me, plus the cooking."

You don't need to bother your mind too much about her mouth making just to brag or show herself off. She is a politician and she knows many of them, Senators, Chairmen and their likes.

She does knows how to get bags of rice as she promised, either through clean or dirty ways.

She could get it through a clean way by contacting those at the top she knows and before she had even finished asking for it, they would have sent her whatever she needed. She had those attitude of clinching to people too much as if they were her gods.
She could get it in a dirty way too. She does this, by either 'short-counting' or 'steal-keeping' bags of rice that were meant to be shared to the electorates. Whenever those bags of rice were brought, she always make sure they were brought to her house.

She purposely built a store for keeping bags of rice. A very big cage for keeping live chickens/hens and a cool place to keep many kegs of Ground-nut oil.

She turned herself into an automatic women leader at the same time heading the males.

The males didn't digest the title 'women-leader' because you wouldn't expect when they were sharing the rice, they should back off cause she is called 'women-leader.' To them, she was 'human-leader' and anything that was meant for the electorates wasn't meant for just females alone because she was regarded as a 'women-leader'.

I never knew some people were well to do a little in my family until the meetings they were holding frequently. I had thought may be we were all totally useless. You can't ask someone that was your elder brother or sister for help, the reply you get was 'I don't have anything' or 'don't worry, I will try" when at the end of the day, you would be left in the lurch.

But what I was hearing and seeing were of surprise to me.
Different people were just promising from all angles and I knew from there that Mama's burial would actually be remarkable since they didn't have to rely much on the money they would get from the 'Ankara' returns(profit).

Things were really going smoothly at our end but I never knew what Mama's children were facing at their end, never knew my predictions "Mama's burial would actually be remarkable" was unreliable. it was remaining just about 12days to the burial. Though everything seem set but they were all under threat.

Who they were all seeing seems to be someone very familiar, and was either threatening to totally cancel all the preparations that had been made so far or just to scare them off their skin.

Were they day-dreaming?. Is someone playing tricks on them?. This person can't just be who they think it is!.

Find out yourself in what would happen to be coming to the scary part of this interesting story.

T.B.C,............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by MachineX(m): 11:20am On Jan 02, 2015
Fembleez1, Ride On!

My Prediction; Grand Ma Don Begin Torture Them, Either They Settle Their Difference And Unite As One Or Torture Continues!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
MachineX:
Fembleez1, Ride On!

My Prediction; Grand Ma Don Begin Torture Them, Either They Settle Their Difference And Unite As One Or Torture Continues!

Wow shocked,nice guess/prediction!! wink

Let's hope it turns out the way you've guessed cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
I know this story might not have started the way I originally planned to update it but I hope I have been trying the little I can to make it worth reading?. sad
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Everything happened to be going on fine after the last reconciliation mission Grandpa and the nuns mediate among Mama's children until someone strange started appearing.

Though I wasn't there when she gave up the ghost but I had visited with Grandpa a week before her death to know she was really on the brink of death.

Mama's children must have taken her dead body to the morgue soon as they confirmed she really was dead. They must have contacted a doctor too before doing that because they would have requested for a Certificate of Death at the morgue which only doctors possibly, in a hospital could provide.

I don't know may be Mr. Sigismund was being tormented by his wife but what he said with all seriousness when he came to see Papa was that Mama appeared to him in his dreams and when he woke up from sleep, he saw her on a wheelchair with the maid that was with her before her death at her back, both of them standing outside the window of his bedroom.

How that can happen was very funny to me.
I, myself as a person never believed in ghost and was never afraid of them but what Mr. Sigismund said got fear into my heart. My heart started beating in an unusual manner.

He had seen Mama in his dreams and alive. He saw her in his dream telling him.

"you must come with me, we must go to this place together, I am not going to be going there alone."
And rapidly getting up from bed to say 'God should save me or I perish' and confirm his fears that he was truly dreaming was when he heard someone call his name from outside of his bedroom.

His wife was not in bed with him. She was in the living-room watching Television. He went to his wife to inquire may be she had called his name but she replied disbelieved.

"No,I didn't!!. Are you sure everything is fine?."

He didn't reply the question she asked. He knew fully well that wasn't his wife's voice. Was he dreaming or half-awake and half-asleep?.

He horridly went into the bathroom to rinse his face off what he thinks might be drowsiness after sleep.

Coming out the bathroom and heading back into his bedroom, he heard the voice call his name again. This time, with his panegyrics.

"The owner of the crown of my head;
My own Adejumo, the son of oba Adelakun;
The fearless;
He who sees the lion and still roars in its face;
He that cannot be fallen even with the hunter's arrow;
He that is the warrior of his household;
The rich that even helps the rich;
My only beloved son."

He felt completely afraid. He was about flying out of his skin when he entered the room and saw no one. There were only two people that could say his eulogy in this world, his dead father and mother, who recently left to join him.

it was then he heard his name again, and this time, coming from the window of his room.

He fearfully tip-toed towards the window and pulling the blind aside, he saw his mother on a wheelchair outside with a maid. The way he left his pull of the blind was so evident he was so afraid, his heart started beating real fast.

He ran out into the living-room to inform his wife what he just saw but she didn't believe him. She told him he was day-dreaming of a sort and started laughing at her husband of being a silly ass trying to play prank on her. More so, a ghost prank.

He tried to explain further that he wasn't joking and didn't only see her in his dream, but also trying to pull the blind aside, he saw her standing outside the window of their bedroom.

His wife who also never believed in ghost and thinking her husband was only making a fool of himself either because he was still grieving over her lost or just some reverie.

She went out of the room, to confirm outside may be what her husband said was true.

What did the wife see when she went outside?. Let's hope it is not Mama kiara that died about four (4) months ago.

T.B.C,............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm sorry guys that I haven't updated today,am not feeling too well embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / The Book Of Death / Things Fall Apart VS Arrow Of God (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.