Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,258 members, 7,780,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (19655 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Calmdove(f): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
No oo! Pls don't stop.. i am enjoying your story it just dat ghost readers are much, but pls don't be discourage

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
Fembleez1:
Am still waiting for you people's questions o grin

Mama , don die true true?
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Calmdove:
No oo! Pls don't stop.. i am enjoying your story it just dat ghost readers are much, but pls don't be discourage

Ok dear,thanks for the encouragement,I will continue smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Mama , don die true true?

Lol,.......are you asking in real life or you are just eager to get an answer to your frequent yawns because of the suspense?? undecided tongue
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
His phone rang at that moment with Amy on the line but he didn't pick up. He said he had no time for female's talk not remembering he had involved Amy in the case.

Something took over him. He had thought he was possessed by the ghost. He couldn't reason well. He decided he wasn't going home. He said he needed to get somewhere without his car and Snake was to drive it home. He started saying different things inaudibly.

His phone rang the second time but he didn't pick too. He threw the phone at one side, still trying to figure out what his next point of action should be. He thought the best thing to do was to travel out of the country with his wife and children but where would he keep Amy and their son?. He can't take both woman along. His housewife hasn't even met Amy, neither does she knows he was having an extra-marital affairs.

This has come to it now, he thought. Amy wouldn't even digest the thought of him leaving the country with his other wife and children. She would be mad. He had seen her reaction before and it was unbearable.

She looked so fierce like a lion, ready to devour him into pieces the last time he said he wanted to go on a vacation with his wife and children.

What do I do now?. He thought as he grab his phone to call Jack and Snake, to his utter dismay. They told him someone had deflated the tyres of both cars.

"What!!!. How did it happen?. Were you not in your car?."

"Sorry sir." Was just blaring out of the phone.

They were not in the car when it all happened. Should I call it a set-up or make-up?. I don't know exactly what to call it but it all happened this way.

They were in their car after the last call they received from the General. It was at that time they heard a noise from a distance people were fighting. They had hesitated but later locked their car and went in the direction the noise came from.

They didn't know what was happening. They had thought Armed Robbers were operating in the area the noise came from not knowing it was just a fight but they found it interesting.

They waited to a point looking at the people fight was unbearable. They had tried to separate the fight when everything turned theirs. They were involved in the fight. If not for the training they had undergone, they wouldn't have handled the situation.

After everything got settled, they went back to their car finding the tyres all deflated. They thought it was a joke. They looked towards the General's car and all four tyres were deflated. They couldn't believe their eyes. They had been tempted into something which didn't concern them and had failed their boss. What explanation would they give?. How did it happen?. What prompted them to leave their duty post for a fight which didn't concern them?. These were the thoughts that flowed through their minds when it dawned on them the fight might have been a set-up.

Snake didn't know what to do. He wanted to go back and give the people that fought the beating of their lives, wanted to call his boss at the same time. He seem so confused he thought, going on exile might be worth it than facing the wrath of his boss.

At the time he and Jack had gone back to the fight scene, everything was just different. It looked as if nothing had happened there. They asked around where those guys who fought were but everybody they met said they didn't know where they had come from.

They were completely shocked at what just happened and what they just heard. No one knew where the guys who fought were from. They had been tricked they thought as they walked back to the bank as if they had no life in them.

"So you mean, you people left your duty post for a fight they didn't invite you?. Knowing fully well how the case we are,....No!....I am on, is important." The General fumed on the phone.

He didn't get a reply. He was completely out of thought. What has just happened?. What would he do now?. The clue he was trying to get is now out of his claws. He had prepared very well for today, why do his boys have to ruin everything he planned.
Before he could bring his hands down from his head to wipe his face. He spoke up.

"Please can you get the footage of what might have happened outside the bank, I mean the car park,o f the last few minutes, please!." He said as it drifted into his mind.

"Let me see what I can get sir." The computer analyst said as he clicked the keyboard simultaneously.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
More update/s loading

Typing,...... smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
"Well sir, I couldn't get anything. I didn't back up the satellite before the last drill we had. Am so sorry." The Analyst added.

At that point, the General knew all was done. How his boys have acted really surprised him. Such a mess-up!!. What next to do now?. He asked his thought.

"I think I should ring papa up and tell him of my resolution." He picked his phone to ring papa up and the call went through on its first ring.

"Hello sir, I'm deeply sorry to inform you I can't take this case on any longer. May be you people should take another step. You may try traditional, it might be the best solution to all this, because it seems the story of the ghost is real." The General said as he ended his call after listening to papa's appreciation.

How the General gave up surprised me. He never had a chance to give up before. Was this the worst case he has ever been involved in?. I asked myself.

They never teach them to do so in the army, even when the war was hot. It was 'No retreat, no surrender'.

How he has suddenly believed the ghost existed really baffled me. Is the General in his right senses?. Was he being cast spell upon like Mr. Sigismund?. I asked myself as I tried to free my mind off the thoughts so the ghost won't find me to be the next person to torment.

He tried to calm down for a moment knowing fully well he was off the case. Am free at last, he said in his mind as he thanked the Analyst, the Bank Manager and left the office.

He got outside and saw both Jack and Snake dejected. He knew it wasn't their fault, If he hadn't involve himself in this case. They wouldn't have bleeped up the way they did.

It might be the ghost trying to turn him against his boys he thought as he told them to cheer up.

"Hey boys!. try may be you can get those tyres pumped." He said surprising his boys who were so shocked at what their boss just said and the way he reacted.

They didn't expect what he said. They had thought how he would rage at them and had decided to take any punishment he might melt out for them. But here he is, telling them to cheer up and look for a way to get the tyres pumped.

It didn't take long for them to get a vulcanizer to inflate all tyres as it looked to them everything was fine since their boss said so.

As they paid the Vulcanizer and were about leaving. Their boss informed them they were not going home. "We head straight to Glamour hotel to free our minds of this trouble." as they drove to the Hotel.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2015
The General and his boys had gone to the Glamour Hotel to chill out and kill their thoughts and all they had encountered so far.

The General drank so much in the bar that he was offered a room when they saw he was no longer useful. He became a complete nuisance talking trash all around. It took the help of his boys before he was taken into a room for him to catch some sleep, so his eyes might clear a little before heading home.

It was about 4:30pm he woke up from his drunk state. Almost 7hours from the time he left the bank. He looked at his wristwatch and found time was gone.

He looked at his phone and saw 68 missed calls. He checked the caller and all were Amy. That was when he was brought back into his senses. He had slept for complete 7hours after being drunk. "How did I get here?."

Many thoughts ran through his mind as he went into the bathroom to rinse his face. He grabbed a towel, wiped his face and hands. As he was coming out of the bathroom, his phone rang again. It was Amy.

"Hello dear, am so sorry for not picking all the time you called. I will explain to you later when I get home." He pleaded.

"I have called your line all through the day to tell you all I have experienced but you were not picking up." Amy complained

"See dear, if it is about the case at hand. Am sorry we have to back down. This seems more than we can handle. It seems the family have to find another solution to their problem. I already called papa and told him I am off the case." He said with great disappointment.

"Why don't you let me explain what I had gone through before you make any decision." Amy protested with a slight sob.

The General calmed down and ask to hear what she had to say. She told him she had gone to their son's school to pick him at about 2:20pm. She was 20minutes late because she felt weak.

She got to the school and was told someone had come to pick her son. An old woman on a wheelchair. She was really nonplussed.

How can someone come pick her son and the school authority would allow the person to go with him?. She had asked the teachers around but they said the woman had claimed to be the boy's grandma.

She thought they were joking until she searched everywhere in the school and didn't notice the shadow of her son not to talk of the boy himself.

She felt so lifeless and had gone back home sad, thinking she would meet the boy at home. She had not been so surprised in her life until today's afternoon. She got home and saw the door of their house Ajar.

"Who had opened it?. Is Falade back?." She asked herself as he head inside to find everywhere scattered.

"Falade!!!." She called and got no reply.

She called out her son's name "Jimi!!!." And got no reply too.

She felt suspicious as she quickly removed the pistol she had hidden in her back pant trousers.
She called out to know who was in the house as she walked briskly but stealthily facing back and front simultaneously.

She searched round the compound but found no one. She went into the living room and 'bed-rooms' but found no one. She felt defeated as she slumped into her bed thinking, what have they gotten themselves into?.

Their son is now missing and their house was completely shambles. Someone had come in and she was sure it wouldn't have been Falade. If he were to be the one, he wouldn't have left the room in such manner.

She stood up trying to walk out of the bedroom when she saw some notes scattered on the floor. she collected one of it and read. It was a little different from the one she saw on her windscreen the other night.

It read, 'this is just the beginning. If you value the life of your son, you would back off this case immediately.'

She collected another one and saw 'Call this number if you want to see your son again'. It was written 'Unknown number'.

A sudden headache had developed in the General's head as he fell into a chair holding his head with what he just heard from Amy, seeming unbelievable!.

He was not going to back off this case with what he just heard. He thought as he made to leave for home informing Amy to expect him in the next few hours so they could plan what next to do with the latest development.

The General's son has been Kidnapped.

Hmmmmmm!!!. I wonder what would happen next.

T.B.C,...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2015
so what happens next
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2015
^^^^^
mistytohcute:
so what happens next
Just updated that dear,hope you've read it?? smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Goodnight guyz,........I feel sleepy embarassed

Sleep well peepz cool ,bye.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Calmdove(f): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Important question: is mama still alife? Who is doing all dis? And now d general son is kidnapped! What is going to happen? Tnks 4 d updat fembleez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Calmdove:
Important question: is mama still alife? Who is doing all dis? And now d general son is kidnapped! What is going to happen? Tnks 4 d updat fembleez

Lol,......I hope we get to know soon grin

It is either she is still alive or it is her ghost

Keep the guess on cheesy
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Happy sunday readers,..........Love you all kiss
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
I need to finish this story this week,been unable to read my books embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Expect spree of updates this week guyz.

I'm determined to finish this story this week.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Calmdove(f): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Wow! following

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:04am On Jan 20, 2015
Preparations didn't seize from mama's children who felt they've entrusted the case to the General not knowing what he was passing through on the case.

All they had gone through were just few days back and they seemed so calm as if nothing serious had happened.

Our side of the family were less concerned, you would see it in their attitudes and actions. They were busy calling here for Cow, there for pepper and drinks. All what matters to them was for the party to take place. I had to question their senses in my mind but it was impossible for them to answer me.

People were still ordering for cloths even when it remained 2 days to the burial. I didn't blame many of them because they didn't know what mama's children were going through.

I had thought what If mama isn't dead and the ghost is truly her. What would happen to the numerous preparations that had been made?. I know how many people would be disappointed. They would curse the day they ever bought the attire for the burial.

The family bought all the necessary things for the burial. Everything was in place and it was just left for the day to come. Mama's children after their various encounters have not seen or heard anything strange. They had settled their minds, "nothing was wrong." as said by papa.

He had put the General in charge of the case. He knew him very well and how he had handled some cases more demanding and complicated than this one, so there was assurance the General would get to the bottom of everything. That was the assurance he gave them and they accepted it.

They didn't even bother to ask how the case was going for the General, not because they couldn't ask papa but because they felt it was unnecessary to disturb the General or even Papa.

On tuesday afternoon, papa had called Mr. Sigismund the General was not interested in the case again and had explained everything he said to him. Mr. Sigismund felt disappointed and wanted to ask that the preparations be stopped but papa urged him not to.

I started suspecting my Grandpa with the assurance he gave them. There are many reasons to suspect him.

First, was because he wasn't really disturbed when Mr. Sigismund had come to inform him of his encounter with the ghost and that of his sisters.

He didn't show the feelings of someone afraid of ghost if truly there was one. He never had anything to talk about since the happenings. He was just self-confident nothing was wrong and that was it. How someone could be so self-confident like that really baffled me.

Second, when we had gone to meet the General. I remember vividly my encounter with the Aboki hefty man. The kick he gave me is very resounding in my brain. Why did the General not come out of the said address he gave us?. Why was I kicked if nothing was wrong?. But something to prove papa didn't know about the sudden appearance of the ghost was the way we were both treated.
The security drills we had to pass, the searches and all the places we were taken to.

Third, the envelop papa gave the General. What does it contain?. I did surely think it proves something wrong somewhere or I might say right but I had no idea of what was in the envelop.
Did the General had to receive advance payment before he started working on the case?. If I should think the envelop contained money, but that thought was irrelevant if he and Papa were truly close friends before they lost contacts.

How did the General get the numbers and house addresses of mama's children if he knew them not?.

Was the envelop contained their addresses and mobile numbers?. If it did, then I think it might prove my thoughts wrong but there was no base on it.

The moment I asked myself, what if the ghost might be real? was when, I was brought back into the reality of time as mama's children started arriving in our house one after the other, in the space of 30-45minutes differences.

I had thought they actually came together and had decided to come in one by one but I dismissed the thought. I didn't know may be they had settled their grudges because of the ghost appearance but it looked as if their visit was planned.

They arrived like people with 'a' mission.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Papa and Mr. Sigismund were surprise as they came in as if they had informed one another to pay a visit.

They were all directed into the living-room and took their seat. If you look at the way they sat, you would think they had settled all their grudges and were back as blood they were but, I wasn't sure myself.

They were entertained with soft drinks and snacks. Everyone's mouth was dancing to the melody of grinds here and there. It showed they enjoyed what they were offered and I was happy about it because there was no day we visited their mother when she was alive that we don't get satisfied. Even when we objected, she would force us to take anything she offered.

I didn't know what Papa had in mind nor their mission but no one spoke as they were being entertained. It was when they had all finished crunching their snacks Papa asked.

"What brought you people to my house today uninformed?."

"Well, we didn't plan it, neither did anyone heard the other would be paying a visit. Let's just call it a coincidence." Mrs. Kiara, mama's first born spoke up.

"What a great coincidence it is." Papa exclaimed.

It was then Mrs. Daniella asked about where the General was on the case. "Is he making any progress?. Has he confirmed anything useful yet?."

"Hmmmmmm!. It is tough I tell you my dear. It is really tough." Papa said disappointed.

"How do you mean tough?." Rev sister Mary asked fearfully. You would have noticed it in her voice. She was so shocked as soon as papa said it was not going well for the General, it was tough!.

"Well, the General hasn't gotten any clue to anything yet, as things have rather gotten complicated than it was. He has even said he is no longer interested in the case again. He called to inform me about his resolution yesterday afternoon." Papa explained as mama's children all became dazed.

Some mouth fell wide open, sweat started forming on the faces of those who had active sweat glands.

The ones that sat comfortably on the sofa before adjusted as they sat up, very close to the edge of the sofa as if they would fall any moment.

It was as if papa had just worsen their fears. What would they do now?. Would they have to call those they have their numbers, who have bought the Attire that they are no longer having any wake-up or requiem mass?.

What would they do to the Cows and food stuff they bought?. I had thought these would be the questions ringing in each of their minds but I considered myself wrong, citing they weren't like the part of our own family who focused more on party than making amends to their past deeds.

What might be going through their minds, might be how long would they have to endure the torment if it gets worst than it is. The General was already passing through the torture which they didn't know.

They only knew he had gone to the bank, morgue and stuff but they didn't know his son had been kidnapped.

What would be their reaction if they hear about the General's son had been kidnapped?. it would or might cause them psychological trauma or more than that I had thought when papa told them they have to take the risk. Nothing must stop the burial ceremony, even if it means their mother was still alive.

"Sir, you mean we should still do it as planned?." Mrs Rosaline asked sobbing.

"Yes!. You people have to, or what will you tell the world that made you cancel it?."
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:35am On Jan 20, 2015
"We would tell them what we are going through," Mr. Sigismund said to claim he has what it takes to defend it if the decision was made to cancel the ceremony.

"Oh, I see!. So you are ready to refund those people's money you've sold Attires to?." Papa confronted him with the question which didn't get any answer as he added. "See,it is either you continue with the ceremony. If it is her ghost or her body itself that would come or appear on the day of the burial, it would be more pleasing to hear and see for those you people have invited than you just telling them you have to cancel it, when you have no base may be it is her ghost you all saw or not."

They all nodded approvingly as if he had spoken well and won their hearts not to cancel the ceremony but to me, I never approved of what he said. He just kept making me think he is a suspect to all that is happening.

I tried to remember the week we visited Mama before her death may be I had left them(Papa and Mama) to talk in camera. May be they had planned the death case just to make Mama's children love each other and settle their grudges but I quickly dismissed the thought as irrelevant. How would they play with death like that I had thought.

I don't know what Mama's children were thinking about but it seemed they had reasoned what he said in seconds and find it to be true. It is rather cool to take a risk of making the ceremony take place and the ghost or mama herself appearing on that day to either confirm their fears than for them to cancel the ceremony and be mocked at everywhere by people who had bought their attires.

This is Nigeria and no one would want to reason with you base on what they might consider as myth.

"Yes!. We all agree they found her corpse at the morgue but the deflated tyres and stuff and the sudden appearance of someone who looked like Mama or should we say her ghost is much to worry about. They all prove something wrong or right." Papa spoke on.

"Yes, they do Papa!, but how do we get the fact now when the General said he is no more interested in the case?." Rev. Sister Mary asked a little relieved.

"Well, the General said we should go traditional and you all know that won't be possible since we are all catholics or what do you think?." Papa asked.

"We don't even know what to think of, Papa!. We all know how it is stated in the commandment not to poke eyes from one place to another seeking gods help." Sister Mary said.

The way she spoke really surprised me and I had thought it wouldn't have been her that slapped her sister. She spoke in such calm and soft tone, you would think it was an angel speaking. It seems to me the Pope spoke those words through her or rather she had become a 'living-saint'.

They were all bent thinking what next to do since they were all religious fanatics who wouldn't like to seek help of another god except the almighty who made heaven and earth.

That was the time the General's call came through papa's phone.

T.B.C,..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:37am On Jan 20, 2015
Sorry for breaking the last 2 updates,I felt really weak typing a long update embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:38am On Jan 20, 2015
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:39am On Jan 20, 2015
More update/s dropping today

I have to sleep now cry
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:22am On Jan 21, 2015
On the other hand, the General had gotten home 'yesternight' very depressed. After informing Amy he was coming home, he had to call Jack and Snake who both had their phone switched off.

He knew very they had come together to the hotel but why was their phone off, he thought as he walked to the reception and asked about their whereabouts.

He was directed to their respective rooms. They had gotten themselves into the euphoria of romance with 'Call-girls' they had invited in their drunk state.

The General headed straight to Jack's room and knock but no reply came forth. He knock about 2 times again and no reply, it was then he moved to the next room which accommodated Snake and his 'catch'.

Immediately he knocked on his door, he came to open it. You could see in his eyes, the 'tipsy-ness' had not all blown out by the Air-condition or the little sleep he might have gotten to lose calories after the romance session with his catch.

The General poke him on the chest to shine his eyes. He staggered back a little and wiped his eyes with the back of his hands before he could see clearly it was the General in his presence. That was when he stood at attention shouting "`shawn' sir" repeatedly, it was evident of his drunk state.

"Why did you both switch your phone off?." The General asked trying to look through the room with a little 'toes-stretched standing' but Snake made himself a wall as he knew the girl was naked on the bed.

"Where is Jack?. I knocked on his door severally and he didn't answer." The General said further as he got no answer to the first question he asked Snake.

"He should be in his room sir, let me go 'bathe' him up." He said amusingly as he moved out of his room with a towel wrapped to his waist.

The way he knocked on Jack's door made the General think may be he didn't knock hard enough.

On the second knock, Jack came out yawning loudly that he could make a lion run for its life on a close encounter.

It was frightening but as well funny to the 2 men standing outside his door. Snake tapped him on his shoulder to comport himself as the General was in his presence.

"`Shawn sir." and "Sorry sir." didn't seize from his mouth as the General ordered both men to meet him outside immediately as he walked off, heading straight to the car park.

The General was not ready for their jokes at that moment. The toss had changed and it remains how it would end for him because it was not in his favour this time, as have always been.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:32am On Jan 21, 2015
They both met him at the car park leaning on his car. He didn't talk to them or inform them what Amy had told him. He just went straight into his car, started the engine, drove off and they followed closely behind.

Jack and Snake started chatting in their car about how sweet their encounters were with the ladies they had invited.

It all felt like it shouldn't end, Jack had said when Snake brought up the topic about their Boss sudden change of mood.

Wasn't he drunk before this moment?. Weren't we drinking away our sorrows, out of the complications of the case we just abandoned? he had thought not knowing a new development was up.

The General didn't need further expression to read from than how he felt moody. It was glaring for those who could easily read his emotions.

I thought Jack and Snake with Amy were the perfect people who could read his emotion well and make a note out of it but Jack and Snake seem to still be swimming in the drowsiness of the bottles they took, while Amy was not there to know how or what he felt. She was at home nursing the pain she might be passing through.

They arrived home and the General went inside leaving his car open and the key to the engine 'key-slot'. He met Amy 'red-eyed' with tears running down her face like a rivulet.

He started to reason what next to do. Amy was not herself in his thoughts, she felt weak, her eyes were pale and she was unable to talk. She just kept weeping uncontrollably.

Her sadness was visible, you would think the boy had been killed, would think her joy had flown away. It was too much for her to bear.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 2:52am On Jan 21, 2015
I never knew she loved her son so much, she couldn't do anything. her bones were heavy, her eyes, hands, legs and her pain, seem to be something she isn't used to.

She lost her appetite and her weight which wasn't really chubby before had got worst as if she had AIDS.

It was only last night she had encountered a lot at the hospital and her health wasn't in good shape in the morning when she woke up.
Now she was deteriorating after she started to gather strength going to pick her son from school in the afternoon, when she got the shock of her life. The very bad news that had gotten her into the state she was.

Who wouldn't be sad when her only son is kidnapped or react both in health and facial expression?. What type of woman would want to eat or have appetite for what she loves best, when her son is missing?. I thought it to be the only thing she could do as a mother, to be concerned!.

Though she is an iron lady and you wouldn't have expected her to be showing such weakness of character but it is typical of every mother.

The bond between a mother and a child is something a word or sentence can't express. It is of utmost bond, the blood and love are such that you cannot imagine.

It was like the cord(placenta) which joins the child to its mother at birth. It might be easy to cut it off during birth to release the boy from his mother or to relieve the mother, but to cut the bond of love and care after birth is unrealistic or rather impossible.

No matter what quarrels or misunderstanding that may transpire between them after birth, there is always a way of resolving the issue.

It doesn't matter how grave the offence might be in some cases, there is often possibilities that, it would be settled between both parties. That is the kind of bond that had gotten Amy attached to her son. Not just any son but her first born(son).

She stood up and walked down to the window still sobbing and had thought what the boy might be going through. That was when she went delirious.
She just couldn't control her emotions. It won't be nice if the case ends bad, that is, if the child is killed.

But what would be the reason to kill the innocent boy. A boy of 9 years old who is just learning to adapt to life.

He, whose thought might still be wondering what his father is into. Though he knows him to be a retired General but all his thoughts as a boy is "my father is a soldier". He doesn't know very well what it means to be a General in the Army not to talk of being a Retired one for that matter, so he never felt he needed to be secured.

Would a young boy(of 9 years of age) actually think he needed that?. I had thought it to be wrong. He is too young to have such idea or thought.

The General went to meet her and placed his hand across her shoulder. He cleaned her tears with a handkerchief and made her sit down.

He didn't know what words to speak or what sentence to start with. He knew if he should say anything against her feelings, she would blame him for everything.

They had been happy before this day, before the past 1-2 weeks. They were not on any case and were relishing the thoughts of a safer environment, with security measures starting to spring up at every sphere of the country. It was of no use again to start suspecting people around them even when it required.

They only had to deal with providing securities for banks and residential areas or Estate that required it. That was the business they were into after the last case they got some years back.

It was a murder case involving a senator. It wasn't really easy for them to get to the root of the case, as things were getting more complicated for them as they seem to be getting to the very end of the case but they had triumphed which led to the senator vacating his seat and facing the wrath of the law.

Though the case didn't go smoothly as they got threats to their lives, but it never had anything to do with their kid. He was safe wherever he went. There were people safeguarding him and when it seems he might be in danger, they had to send him out of the country to stay with his uncle who resides in ghana for the time the case would end.

But here they are, with the boy missing. If it had been a very serious case involving the government or criminals, it would have been genuine to think of the threat to the boy's life and excused him till the time the case would have been resolved.

They never anticipated such action or threat since the case didn't have anything to do with evil acts.

It only involved the sudden appearance of a woman who many thought was dead or should it be her ghost that is tormenting both those related to her and those not, most especially the General who is an expert in cases related to this.

There was no answer to any questions presenting itself in the mind of the General who looked so clueless.

"I'm sorry, my love for everything I have gotten you into. If I had known, I wouldn't have accepted the case in the first place." He said as he rested her head on his shoulder.

"What do we do now, ehn?. What do we do?." She asked with her voice almost lost in her sob.

"I don't know what to do now dear. I will try all I can to get our son back."

"Just do whatever you want!. Do whatever you can to get him back. I can't lose my son, my only son." She yelled with frustration as she stood up from his side to show she wasn't happy with him.

The General knew how she felt and didn't make any move or statement with the way she stood up from his side to show she doesn't approve of his pat and praise(felicity or felicitation).

There was no need for him to try to console her, all she wanted was to see her son. She didn't talk to him the rest of the night, didn't even sleep at all. she stood watch all night.

That was when it dawned on him to call papa the next morning since it was late that night.

It happened he called when mama's children were all present.

He had thought very well about the case and the way it had panned out.

It had left him to think very well he wasn't going to get anybody informed on his next point of action, not even his boys. It seem things got more complicated with doing that, of the last few days.

I have to collect all evidence today and interrogate some of the people I suspect tomorrow(which is wednesday). That was what he thought when he called papa.

T.B.C,............
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol,.......are you asking in real life or you are just eager to get an answer to your frequent yawns because of the suspense?? undecided tongue
all of the above
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
all of the above

Cool bro,you will get to know soon smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hi most honourable readers smiley,
Touchmeder, Kinwayne and thronekid: had been nominated for the Best Newcomer's Award and they all need your votes to emerge top,most importantly to win the award for the Best Newcomer.

NB;- you can only vote one(1) of the three(3) nominees as your choice to win.

Click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/45#29983843 to vote

Your vote/s will be highly appreciated smiley

Thank you. cool
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2015
"Hello sir, good afternoon!."

"Good afternoon General. Hope all is well with you?."

"All is not well sir, everything is just going bad here." The General complained.

"How do you mean?."

"I mean the case you entrusted in my care, it has turn bad for me. My son has been kidnapped." The General explained.

"What!. You mean your son was kidnapped?. By who?."

"By the ghost or the person that had been appearing to mama's children."

Papa felt bad when he heard what the General just said. How can such happen?. It really surprised him. A ghost kidnap someone!. This case is really turning out to be shocking he had thought, as he asked the General what his next point of action would be.

"What do you plan doing now General?."

The General had to think about it very well before giving an answer to papa. He doesn't trust anyone anymore on this case and in order to get his son back alive, he had to play safe so he didn't tell papa anything on his plans.

"Please tell mama's children I would be coming around today. Do not tell them all I just told you about the kidnapping. It would rather be nice if they don't know for now." The General pleaded as he ended the call.

I had thought what was the General thinking for even telling papa not to tell mama's children about the kidnapping. What if papa knows about his son's whereabouts?. He had just let out his secret to someone who was making life difficult for him.

Papa didn't inform mama's children about the kidnapping but he told them they should all be available at their homes, the General wants to pay each of them a visit.

"Hope no problem!?." Mr. Sigismund had asked and papa told him there was none. He later made up a lie that the General wanted to come arrange for securities for them in case the unexpected might happen on the wake keep and requiem mass.

But he didn't make up the lie well as Mrs. Kiara asked "I thought he said he already backed out of the case. What sort of security is he planning to give?. Would that be relevant."

Papa knew he had messed up but quickly made up for it by telling them he just felt there is need to have securities around. If not for the sudden ghost appearance, at least to make sure nothing fall out of place that day. Who knows what might happen?. It might be worst than kidnapping, he said in his mind.

After all the discussions, mama's children left to their various houses. Papa didn't even try to settle anything cause they seem calm with the way he saw them.

It didn't show may be they had quarrels. Not as if they talk to one another but their faces explained they had been calm since the ghost appearance incident.

They knew all they saw and what was written in the notes they got. They didn't have to settle it but they had to stop the fight, if they wanted to please their mother's wish as the ghost had said, "unless you people come together as one, the torment won't stop."

They had not really come together as one but they stopped the frequent fight they have always had. None of them wanted to be tormented by someone they didn't know.

Even if it were their mother's ghost, they couldn't take chances. None of them want to die, so they knew, obedience is better than sacrifice.

The General had tried to talk to Amy but she wasn't answering him, she didn't eat or talk. She just kept crying like a baby, you would know this was the first time something like that would happen to her. When she saw that she couldn't take anymore of the General's presence, she locked herself inside.

The General didn't bother to knock or ask her to open the door. He took his dark shades out of its case, put it on and set out for mama's children places. The first person he was going to visit is Mr. Rosaline.

He heard her encounter with the ghost and it sounded interesting recalling all she went through. He had questions he wanted to ask her. Her gateman that wasn't around when mama came to visit, meeting only the kids at home. her maid and possibly her husband. If coincidence were to be all about life's activities, then many things people do wrongly wouldn't be regarded as a mistake.

He has questions for Mrs. Rosaline's secretary too but he thinks, hers wasn't relevant for now. I must get to see the note she saw in her car, must get to know how a note was placed in her car when her keys were with her. These were the thought that flowed through the General's mind as he drove off to Mrs. Rosaline's house.

If I must get my son back alive, I must act diligently 'wise' and unattached to anybody.

T.B.C.,.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Heavy eyes,gat to sleep embarassed

Good morning guyz cool
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:17am On Jan 22, 2015
Don't forget to vote o smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / The Book Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.