Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (19729 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
stuff46:
Ermh...

Were would i even start self? ( after spending a whooping 12hours to read this work, with work stress and other things grin ).

It's been a lovely ride here. I was pausing and suspending the day i would read this story but God made it for me to do it today, i think i would Thank Him for giving me the motivation to do that today.

Special thanks to my ba3 for not failing and also to etisalate for an error free time. grin

My observation
1. Some events look un-real and un-fictious. Ranging from the fiqht, (the torn clothes and the unclothedness. It would be a siqht to behold grin but haba; the unclothedness spoil show). Just check that part and see how you work on it.

2. The way the Rev. Sisters exposed the whole activity in church. Sounds unreal tho, i never fathom to behold such scene niether do i want any one to experience it. Na obodo naija , sum1 to clown another person in a short period of time was ridiculous.

3. Punctuation and sentence construction. I came across some point were you failed to utilize "a" and "an" well. And also wrong use of words and punctuation changed the meaning of some words.

My praises
1. I love the way the character are, they expose the realness of life. Many families experience them, (me not being an exception esp. that josephine, i pray make God expose 1woman like that )

2. Your time and megabyte wasted in updating even when the comments were not coming.

Nb: My views oh, nobody should counter me. Just read and talk about it on another day, as every body is entiled to his opinions.
Once again than you Fambeze

Thanks for the observation sir. I'm your boy that is willing to learn smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kristen12(f): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Fembleez1:
Hi most honourable readers!. Got this https://www.nairaland.com/2141893/open-letter-fembleez1-author-burial#30660978 from Chinweblinkz(f) author of 'Two sides of a coin' and I don't know how to thank her enough cry. Please do help me thank her in your own little ways by clicking on the link.

I appreciate you all. Thank you. cry

This was the thread that brought me here, and it was worth it. I didn't waste my time @all.
Welldone........would be expecting more of your stories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
kristen12:

This was the thread that brought me here, and it was worth it. I didn't waste my time @all.
Welldone........would be expecting more of your stories

Thanks dear, I'm grateful. smiley

Dropping another very soon. wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by KingzPen(m): 11:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Fembleez1:
hospital/ˈhɒspɪt(ə)l/

We say 'a' hospital not 'an' hospital

hotel/həʊˈtɛl/

There has been a tendency to write and speak of "an hotel", as if the h were silent, but if you want to write and speak good english, do not be afraid of "a hotel".

Think of all the nouns you can, starting with a sounded("aspirate"wink h. Do you prefix them with 'an'? Of course not.

Where the h is silent, as in honour, hour, the article 'an' is correct.

Another tendency is to write "an unique article", instead of "a unique article", which most people actually say. This, too, is incomprehensible, for nobody would write about "an unicorn" /ˈjuːnɪkɔːn/.

Stuff46
Move On... Unto the next thing Bro... Stop trying to prove a point... Just swallow the comments, digest it in private and keep delivering...

Keep The Flag Flying...

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
KingzPen:

Move On... Unto the next thing Bro... Stop trying to prove a point... Just swallow the comments, digest it in private and keep delivering...

Keep The Flag Flying...

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
Please do drop your corrections/criticism when you are done boss @kingzpen. Willing to learn. smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by stuff46(m): 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
KingzPen:

Keep The Flag Flying...

That's what i expected not the explanation. Like Elizabeth Pryse said on the introduction to her English book; that in as much as we all are English learners, we should strive to give a clear cut of the message we are passing across. Not that am saying you are wrong, but as you are still striving to make a name in writing litrature, make your work digestable to all.

No string attached bro
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
stuff46:

That's what i expected not the explanation. Like Elizabeth Pryse said on the introduction to her English book; that in as much as we all are English learners, we should strive to give a clear cut of the message we are passing across. Not that am saying you are wrong, but as you are still striving to make a name in writing litrature, make your work digestable to all.

No string attached bro

Thanks boss, sorry for trying to prove a point, it was uncalled for and I've learnt. Expect to see more of you sir smiley

I'm humble
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Accept my apology Stuff46 embarassed, I was childish cry
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by stuff46(m): 6:44am On Feb 13, 2015
Fembleez1:
Accept my apology Stuff46 embarassed, I was childish cry

No harm

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by aprilwise(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Thanks for this wonderful masterpiece. I really learnt a lot from the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
aprilwise:
Thanks for this wonderful masterpiece. I really learnt a lot from the story.

thanks bro, expect to see more of you on me next story. wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by AlienStar: 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chinweblinkz mentioned ds in a thread, so i said lemme try it hp it! worth the mention?
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kingphilip(m): 12:16am On Feb 14, 2015
Fembleez1 like seriously I have to give u kudos for bringing this piece to a good conclusion.. I commend ur continuity despite lack of comments and encouragement from readers who just come, read and go away... u need to b an example for up and coming writers in this forum to emulate

the piece was classic and the lessons learnt is one that will last a lifetime
Tnx for sharing this I really really appreciate please do keep up the good work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
AlienStar:
Chinweblinkz mentioned ds in a thread, so i said lemme try it hp it! worth the mention?

it does worth it, if you say it does as a reader. just go through it ma'am. wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
kingphilip:
Fembleez1 like seriously I have to give u kudos for bringing this piece to a good conclusion.. I commend ur continuity despite lack of comments and encouragement from readers who just come, read and go away... u need to b an example for up and coming writers in this forum to emulate

the piece was classic and the lessons learnt is one that will last a lifetime
Tnx for sharing this I really really appreciate please do keep up the good work

Thanks boss, i'm grateful. smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
hi guyz, they've stolen my phone and it is so painful my next work and data are all in my notepad. sad
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
wrote this poem today and decided to share it with you guyz till my next novel premiers. please click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/2154808/harsh-wednesday-poem#30859692 to read and drop a comment. kiss
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kingphilip(m): 2:58am On Feb 20, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks boss, i'm grateful. smiley
Na u b boss o
abeg wen u go bring another one
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kemtol(f): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Couldnt stop d tears from flowing here. Touching and captivating.

Thumbs up bro.
Good work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
kingphilip:

Na u b boss o
abeg wen u go bring another one

It is ready to make NL but I don't want to start it now, then my exam disrupt me from updating regularly. embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
kemtol:
Couldnt stop d tears from flowing here. Touching and captivating.

Thumbs up bro.
Good work

Thanks dear smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
please do click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/2172305/how-killed-father-short-story#up to read a short story by same author.

thanks as you do so.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Mj45: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mj45:
interesting

Thanks boss. smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Hi guyz, I thank God for a wonderful result and praying he helps me in my upcoming exams too. Amen

LOVE, LUST and LOST. /or EVENTS or ROAD TO WORLD WAR III premiers on NL this Sunday or next week. Either of the 2 might premier!. smiley base on my interest which one to drop.

Thanks wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Kevosky. This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail. Please send further replies to adefemi.george@yahoo.com. I'm more active on my yahoomail than Gmail. And also for fast replies.

Thanks boss! smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Kevosky: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2015
Fembleez1:
Kevosky. This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail. Please send further replies to adefemi.george@yahoo.com. I'm more active on my yahoomail than Gmail. And also for fast replies.

Thanks boss! smiley

Thanks so much boss. Will do exactly just that now.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Kevosky:

Thanks so much boss. Will do exactly just that now.

Seen wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Wuminity(f): 5:24pm On May 30, 2016
Fembleez1:
The reason for the foreshadowing was because I wanted the story to end in the church which was the main point of resolution.
nice one bro..... you are it.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
Wuminity:

nice one bro..... you are it.

Yea, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Things Fall Apart VS Arrow Of God (pics) / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / The Book Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.