Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President (10664 Views)

Just In: NUPENG Agrees to Call Off Strike / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow / Nigeria: Fuel Scarcity Hits Rivers As NUPENG Embarks On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by TheRealMrStan(m): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2014
The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has said it would begin a three-day warning strike to press for the re-instatement of the National Zonal Secretary of Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), Mrs. Elo, who was sacked by Total Exploration and Production Nigeria (TEPNG) Limited.

The union however said the strike would be limited to the states covered by the Port Harcourt zone of the union where Elo served. The state under the zone include Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Enugu, Anambra, Benue, and Ebonyi.

The National President of NUPENG, Comrade Achese Igwe, spoke yesterday at the union’s thanksgiving service, held at the All Saint's Anglican Church, Okochiri, Okrika.

His words: “It (the strike) is not a threat; it is commencing tomorrow. But we are graduating the processes. The issue is the sack of the national zonal secretary of PENGASSAN (Port Harcourt Zone), Mrs Elo. The truth is that we cannot fold our hands to see these foreign investors coming with punitive measures in our own country.

“We do not intend to create hardship for Nigerians. That is why we have decided to fashion out a way so that Nigerians would not feel the impact. We are not declaring a nation-wide strike as assumed.

“The zone where she came from would be shut down on Monday until the issue is resolved and she is reinstated back to office. Without that, no going back. The state under the zone included Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Enugu, Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi.”

Igwe called for the understanding of Nigerians over the strike, stating that they were forced to embark on the action because of Total’s refusal to reverse its sack of the union official.

“Nigerians know that we do not want to embark upon this strike action now. This issue has been on for a long period; we have done consultations. Even the Ministry of Petroleum has intervened and the NNPC, which is the checkmate of the oil and gas industry have also intervened that the woman should be reinstated but Total Exploration and Production Nigeria (TEPNG) Limited said no,” he stated.

He also explained the position of the union.

Igwe explained: “We are embarking in that strike because we have driven our processes to a level. Those behind these challenges are blacks; they are also Nigerians. We are saying, reinstate this woman back. She was elected by the people to serve the people. But all of a sudden you said no because she was elected as a woman; that the only thing you can do is to sack her and then you queried her. You begin to tell her that she must go on leave of absence. Fine, you offered a leave of absence but the union needs to sit down and X-ray the impact of that. But the next thing we saw was a sack.

“Now, we have been able to study the offer you made, restore this woman back to job, you said no: That because she was elected at the Port Harcourt zone, you want to transfer her back to the Lagos zone. But the answer is no; she was elected in Port Harcourt zone; you cannot transfer her to Lagos. That is the political office of the workers. The workers elected her; she is representing the workers, not representing you as an institution or as a management.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nupeng-begins-three-day-warning-strike/196692/
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 12:22am On Dec 15, 2014
Thank God for our OYEL cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 15, 2014
Dats good to know!
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Prodeegee(m): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by MrTeymee(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2014
I can't blive m still up cuz of dis shitty headies
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by scribble: 12:26am On Dec 15, 2014
Thank you God.

You see Jonathan is working.

Amaechi bribed APC delegates $10000 each and double what Atiku was giving.

That's why Buhari won.

Progressives?

Utter rubbish.

9 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by ritababe(f): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2014
thank GOD, but e go affect my area oh
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Ishilove: 12:27am On Dec 15, 2014
That's a relief. grin

Their fada left nyash angry
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by babasaxo(f): 12:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Poltics everywhere na wa o
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Sogeyjnr(m): 12:28am On Dec 15, 2014
Wateva suits dem..fp
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Anaskie(m): 12:28am On Dec 15, 2014
So the people residing in these 9 states are all going to suffer because of the quarrel between Mrs Elo and Total? undecided

Why must labour unions always resort to strikes without thinking of the severe consequences on innocent people?

Total, I use God name beg una, please reinstate Mrs Elo make we rest.

Nothing person no go see for this country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Sogeyjnr(m): 12:29am On Dec 15, 2014
Wateva suits dem..fp
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by ritababe(f): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Ishilove:
That's a relief. grin

Their fada left nyash angry

na you dey talk like that i go ban you oh.

**na joke oh**
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by freezyprinzy(m): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Who z decieving who
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by koligs: 12:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Which of the oil workers Vegetable oil or palm oil workers *confused

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 15, 2014
AFiiiiC....#in buhari's voice
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by InwehAkpevwe(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Odisco2(m): 12:35am On Dec 15, 2014
z
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by olusolaj(m): 12:35am On Dec 15, 2014
APC at work

APC be like

BUHARI: you know we don dey lose elections for a long time

ATIKU: Na so buroda buhari. Me i lose one, you I lose 3

BUHARI: our wayowayo go work this time o so far we dey settle Tinubu weli weli

ATIKU: Walahi oga buhari I get am dis time; Nigeria don enter one chance

BUHARI: lets join hands together to recover all our loss. I go put you for minister of petroleum.

ATIKU: No froblem

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by dre11(m): 12:35am On Dec 15, 2014
That's good news

We don't want anything to spoil our festive mood ooo
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by InwehAkpevwe(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2014
Ok... Make una nor do o... Strike is not the solution
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by moderatorr: 12:40am On Dec 15, 2014
lol
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by herald9: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2014
Shouldn't you people just put off this strike in the spirit of Christmas?

Do you want us to celebrate our lord's birth with candlelight? sad
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by donstevico(m): 12:45am On Dec 15, 2014
..hmm..will comment later
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by juliusnobisugo(m): 12:49am On Dec 15, 2014
Me dey hungry nitemi
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by seunlayi(m): 12:55am On Dec 15, 2014
strike for what again, make we continue buying fuel without queue

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 15, 2014
Nigeria and its jagajaga trends. Same shyt every year. Scarcity during the year's end all the time just because they want to make extra by hiking petrol prices.

So Nigerian companies do not know of any other legal ways of increasing profits other than creating artificial scarcity?

Tufiakwa on that country. That is why Nigeria will keep digressing while the world progresses. Glad I left that Hellhole country. Black man economics cry

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by kevinkod(m): 1:06am On Dec 15, 2014
I know dis kind news will APC e- warriors headache tomorrow morning. chai there is god ooo

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by belamour(m): 1:17am On Dec 15, 2014
“We do not intend to create hardship for Nigerians. That is why we have decided to fashion out a way so that Nigerians would not feel the impact. We are not declaring a nation-wide strike as assumed.

“The zone where she came from would be shut down on Monday until the issue is resolved and she is reinstated back to office. Without that, no going back. The state under the zone included Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Enugu, Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi.”

You mean consumer in these states deserve hardship ??

I WEEP FOR MY DEAR COUNTRY.... cry cry cry
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Wow!!!
Re: Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President by belente(m): 1:42am On Dec 15, 2014
smackimorn:
Wow!!!
As in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is/are Your Favorite(s) Section(s) On Nairaland? / Shocker: Nigerian Pastor Opens Breast And Honey Harvest Church In Kenya / 3 Zimbabwean Ladies Arrested For Desecrating 124 Men In 11 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.