Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) (9778 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan / What Is Our Government Doing In Terms Of Infrastructure Construction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
nesta007:

All this picture u guys are posting am sure it's from last year cos u need to see what this administration have done just to reduce this flooding. The gutters been built for the water to flow. When they tell u not to dump refuse anywhere u won't listen see what it's causing now cos I believe this road go get gutter but the refuse have blocked it somewhere that the water can't flow. Don't blame fashola like one guy said even in UK n US ghetto dey unneeded to visit detroit or Google it.
Last year ? Flood only check out Lagos July 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Igbhiep-VI

Shame on you people suffering is real for 80% of people in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shame on APC you people are heartless

http://www.voiceofafricaradio.com/news/1363-nigerias-lagos-state-reels-after-flooding.html

For over 10 hours, between Wednesday and Thursday of this past week, many areas in Lagos and some parts of Ogun State, experienced a torrential rainfall that left untold hardship on the people due to bad city planning. It left the affected areas submerged in flood.
In Lagos, the whole of the state tasted the bitter pill, as areas like Arowojobe and Akinwunmi estates in Maryland, parts of Ikeja GRA, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Victoria Garden City (VGC), Ibeju-Lekki, Murtala Muhammed International Airport Road, Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Yaba, Surulere, Gbagada, Oworonshoki, Mafoluku-Oshodi, Iyana-Ejigbo, Isheri-Osun, Berger-Alagbole Road, Ajegunle, Ikorodu Road, Ogijo and Odogunyan, were all affected.
Parts of Ogun State, being areas that share boundaries with Lagos, that were submerged included Akute, Alagbole, Olambe, and Ojodu-Abiodun, among others.
It was tough for commuters and motorists to negotiate through roads as most major roads had become a canal of sort. It was a great difficulty moving around the city of Lagos due of the flood that had taken over the cities, leading serious traffic grid-lock.
Commuters were forced to return home after waiting in various motor parks in vain for commercial vehicles that never came.
Areas that seemed worst hit by the traffic gridlock were the Mainland areas, such as Ogba, Ikeja, Orile-Agege, Alagbado, Iyana-Ipaja, Ipaja, Ayobo, Moshalashi, AIT Road, Kollington, Oke-Odo and Ahmadiyya. Between Ahmadiyya and Ijaiye on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, a portion of the road collapsed, leaving commuters stranded.
It was, however, another opportunity for commercial bus operators and motorcyclists, popularly referred to as Okada, to make more money as they inflated transport fares.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by chamboy(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
biafranqueen:
My village is Nnewi Umudim the land of industrious people name yours! If you don't know go and check how many factories owned by the indigenous people are located in my Village!

Kno your level boy! grin
dilly n co
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
FastShipping:
Ariara market in Abia.
Does he claim or do we claim that he is a progressive? Have you ever heard me shout praises for that tout. You people Swear Fashola is Perogressive. In fact some of you will swear with your first sons brain that Fashola and Tinubu are saints, may they handle your future like they did for others.

In places like Alagbado, Orile-Agege and communities along the old toll gate at Sango-Ota, the volume of the flood was very high. In some places the flood was said to have reached rooftops of bungalow structures. People had to evacuate their residence for safety. Many residents could not sleep in their houses as the whole place had been taken over by rain flood.
Possessions were lost to the floods, while some residents resorted to bailing out the flood water.
A lot of Lagosians had stories to tell on their experiences with the rainstorm and the flood.
An occupant of the building where Ahmed lived, Gbenga Durojaiye, stated that he would had been a victim of the incident if he had not attended an all-night prayer. "I stay upstairs and my room was affected.
The collapsed wall fell onto our bedroom and our kitchen. I thank God that I heeded my wife's call to attend our church's vigil in Ebute-Meta. Maybe, we would have been dead by now.
"My eight months old pregnant sister, Bosede, who slept in the sitting room when the incident happened, is currently in shock and has been put on bed rest because of this incident."
However, a 17-year-old boy, Abraham, at Mafoluku-Oshodi was not lucky as he was said to have been carried away by flood waters. It was learnt that Abraham was drowned at about 6.30am on Thursday when he was salvaging some planks he had gathered beside Sadiku canal in the area. He slipped into the canal when he was making an attempt to pick a plank that was being washed away by the flood water.
It was also learnt that no fewer than three persons were feared dead in different parts of the state because of the floods.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by FastShipping: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
^^^^^
Each time I come here I see negativity and tribal bigotry from you. You are more fixated in showing one part of the country is so bad and ignore the systemic rot in your part of the country. Your governors are the richest governors in the land when compare to others but you don't find that disturbing. You rather kill yourself while showing others are bad while shying away from opening thread about your side of the country.

Aren't you tired and ashamed of yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Back to Topic

They want to fix Nigeria but these two could not open gutter in Lagos
Flood has become a major environmental hazard threatening lives and properties within the state. Between
July and October 2011, not less than 7 major floods were recorded with about 30 deaths and destructions
to the properties worth millions of Naira. In the month of June 2012, the torrential rain resulted in massive
floods that sent thousand of residents packing. People living in the flood plains across the state and in
poorly constructed structures were mostly affected. Many residents were confounded as seeping water
flooded their homes while properties worth millions of Naira were damaged as houses and fences
collapsed (The Guardian, 2012)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
biafranqueen:
To my shop on Bode Thomas to my house in Maryland in between you think it is easy? Show me all this your talking you guys talk a good one. Post all the development worth of 100s of billions not including the loans. Show me the billions in projects on this thread right now no shaking!
trash,so u are even livin in lagos a yoruba land.wen will u pple start goin back to ur bush in d east.if u lik show pix of poo on d street of lagos,most of we yorubas will vote ambode in lagos in 2015.go back to ur state in d east n develop it,I can't wait for d division of nigeria,I will personally lead d search to find u in maryland,u will b deported to enugu witout takin a pin from ur huse or shop

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
However, a 17-year-old boy, Abraham, at Mafoluku-Oshodi was not lucky as he was said to have been carried away by flood waters. It was learnt that Abraham was drowned at about 6.30am on Thursday when he was salvaging some planks he had gathered beside Sadiku canal in the area. He slipped into the canal when he was making an attempt to pick a plank that was being washed away by the flood water.
It was also learnt that no fewer than three persons were feared dead in different parts of the state because of the floods.
Residents of Badia-Ajeromi in Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Authority of Lagos State on Friday had been counting their losses after the rainstorm and flooding in the metropolis.
The Chairman of Badia-East Community Development Area, Mr. James Ilawole, confirmed that many people lost most of their belongings in the flood.
"The flood destroyed property worth several millions of naira in our area and many residents have so far been rendered homeless," Ilawole said.
The council chairman said children could not go to school after the flood destroyed their homes. He also described life in the community after the rain as miserable.
He pleaded with both the federal and state governments to assist the residents of the area to resume normal life.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
U igbos parsite livin in lagos can keep rantin all u want.ambode will b d governor of lagos in 2015 while buhari will b d president of Nigeria in 2015.if buhari is rig out u parasite from d south south and east lik biafranbb!tch will regret u live in yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
prone areas especially in the low income communities are always considered as the major
problems, hence they attract the demolition teams of the State Government resulting in forced
evictions and displacement of families. This was the case in Agege and Ijeshatedo demolitions in
August 2011, Ijora-Badia in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
The case of Ijora-Badia was exceptional, the commencement of World Bank assisted drainage
channels (See Plate 6) in the community led to demolition and burning of homes. Upon protest by
the community, the implementing agency, Lagos Metropolitan Development and Governance
Project (LMDGP) awarded relocation assistance cost to the affected families in December 2012.
Other demolished communities were not providential. The Ijora-Badia community was eventually
destroyed in February 2013, without any compensation or relocation of the residents.

This is the Lagos government report that said they are not managing the problem at all.

People are here insulting me because of the truth but I don't care I have a right to speak out I pay taxes in Lagos just like I pay taxes in Anambra State and the USA fix that freaking flooding JEEEEZ! angry

http://resilient-cities.iclei.org/fileadmin/sites/resilient-cities/files/Resilient_Cities_2013/Oshodi_Paper_Flood_Management_2013_01.pdf
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
omololu2020:
U igbos parsite livin in lagos can keep rantin all u want.ambode will b d governor of lagos in 2015 while buhari will b d president of Nigeria in 2015.if buhari is rig out u parasite from d south south and east lik biafranbb!tch will regret u live in yoruba land.
They live in Lagos and so did their grandparents so what about them
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209520/The-world-Nigerias-floating-slums-Heartbreaking-photos-reveal-struggle-villagers-forced-live-shacks-water.html

A group of you are heartless monsters shows no upbringing at all! These are the indigenous people of this land not those Fulani boot lickers you call Lagos Governors.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by CSTR: 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
omololu2020:
trash,so u are even livin in lagos a yoruba land.wen will u pple start goin back to ur bush in d east.if u lik show pix of poo on d street of lagos,most of we yorubas will vote ambode in lagos in 2015.go back to ur state in d east n develop it,I can't wait for d division of nigeria,I will personally lead d search to find u in maryland,u will b deported to enugu witout takin a pin from ur huse or shop
Yes the division of Nigeria is necessary.
The niger-delta needs to sweep away all the strangers in our oil industry.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
omololu2020:

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by CSTR: 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
When this false country expires, all the parasitic immigrants in the blessed niger-delta will answer their fathers' names.
We will kick them all away to their cursed original habitations.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by FastShipping: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
biafranqueen:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209520/The-world-Nigerias-floating-slums-Heartbreaking-photos-reveal-struggle-villagers-forced-live-shacks-water.html

A group of you are heartless monsters shows no upbringing at all! These are the indigenous people of this land not those Fulani boot lickers you call Lagos Governors.

What is wrong with you. You only care about other region. Meanwhile, your are is forty times worse. Do you really care about your own land? Your governors are the richest governors in the land, yet you have no concern about that. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

You claim Fashola and other SW governors are bad. What about your own governors in SE? Are they better? Why don't you showcase their achievements so far?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Before you continue to insult my state look in these two children eyes and tell them they don't derserve better in Lagos you people are fighting the wrong enemy. What have you done to help children in your community?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by FastShipping: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
biafranqueen:
Before you continue to insult my state look in these two children eyes and tell them they don't derserve better in Lagos you people are fighting the wrong enemy. What have you done to help children in your community?

What have you done to help children in your own states?
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
FastShipping:

What have you done to help children in your own states?
If you have the bytes we can take all day.
Your next show us what you have done!
I don't give a damn about PDP of APC or even APGA I care about the children all over Nigeria that have nobody speaking for them!
This is a big joke to you your having fun and thinking your getting paid to keep these children in poverty.

Without this GEJ administration I would not have been able to expand our Agri business I would not be able to sponsor these children and more to have a life of dignity.

Shame on you whoever you are for supporting evil!
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmm, I am on the sideline, before people will call me a tribalist. undecided
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by FastShipping: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2014
biafranqueen:
If you have the bytes we can take all day. Your next show us what you have done!

I am not the type that shows off whatever I do for people in terms of help. It is between me and my God.

Also, I am not a tribal bigot like you who sees bad things in other region while finding it difficult to showcase what my own governors have done better. I am not surprised you believed your governors in the East have transformed your land to Tokyo and Dubai. It shows you are unstable lady. There is no need to have anything to do with you. Seek a medical help before it is too late for you. You only come online to open bad threads about other regions, whereas, yours is not better.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2014
customized13:
Hmmm, I am on the sideline, before people will call me a tribalist. undecided
So what is your take on the flooding of Lagos. Especially as I have laid out the report that Fashola's plans and money spent is a big waste. These guys want to run the country but and fix electricity but they can't even stop flooding in a metropolitan city like Lagos.
Even VI and Lekki is the worst!
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 12:08am On Dec 16, 2014
FastShipping:

I am not the type that shows off whatever I do for people in terms of help. It is between me and my God.

Also, I am not a tribal bigot like you who sees bad things in other region while finding it difficult to showcase what my own governors have done better. I am not surprised you believed your governors in the East have transformed your land to Tokyo and Dubai. It shows you are unstable lady. There is no need to have anything to do with you. Seek a medical help before it is too late for you. You only come online to open bad threads about other regions, whereas, yours is not better.
MESHONE!!!! You have nothing to show because your just a disgrace to humanity. All day you just come here insulting people doing nothing to progress the plights of of fellow Nigerians. Your a very negative and counter productive human being. Shame on you! You said I should prove it and I did with pictures and you call it showing off. Well show off how Fashola spent billions to help Nigerians. Empty barrel btw God and you indeed he is watching all your negativity in 4D
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 16, 2014
biafranqueen:
So what is your take on the flooding of Lagos. Especially as I have laid out the report that Fashola's plans and money spent is a big waste. These guys want to run the country but and fix electricity but they can't even stop flooding in a metropolitan city like Lagos.
Even VI and Lekki is the worst!
are you sure? Lagos is in same class with Miami. grin
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by docsholz(m): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Some people can't mind their business sha undecided
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by biafranqueen: 12:13am On Dec 16, 2014
customized13:
are you sure? Lagos is in same class with Miami. grin
Thats Lagos APC poster state the proof that APC means change. The proof that APC is Progressive people that have Nigerians in mind TINUBU/BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT that is all the Progress the Southwest can muster up for Nigerians cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 6:56am On Dec 16, 2014
biafranqueen:

so fashola is not an indigene of lagos,keep showin ao f00lish and !gnorant u are.dey carry lagos matter for head.so because azikwe and ahmadu bello formed a govt togeda,azikwe is now lickin d boot of a fulani man.wen abiola n tofa contested for d presidential election,tofa won 3 out of d four igbo state,does dat mak igbos fulani boot licker.I swear to God u are so stup!d n daft,so Nigerians don't av d right to form a party wit who eva dey choose again.or because igbos are sopotin GEJ does dat mak igbos ijaw boot lickers,use ur brain girl,dis ur nonsense should even b removed sef,u no get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2014
biafranqueen:
If you have the bytes we can take all day.
Your next show us what you have done!
I don't give a damn about PDP of APC or even APGA I care about the children all over Nigeria that have nobody speaking for them!
This is a big joke to you your having fun and thinking your getting paid to keep these children in poverty.

Without this GEJ administration I would not have been able to expand our Agri business I would not be able to sponsor these children and more to have a life of dignity.

Shame on you whoever you are for supporting evil!
u haven't care about d children in d south east,nah children in d south west u dey care about.chai som pple stup!d gan sha....
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2014
CSTR:
Yes the division of Nigeria is necessary.
The niger-delta needs to sweep away all the strangers in our oil industry.
which Niger delta,speak for ur tribe in d south south alone,or u r finkin d itsekiris will b in d same country wit u ijaws.yes division is d best for Nigeria cos we are are not united at all in dis country.we yorubas av oil too,and we don't only av oil,we hav a large population,we hav a large land mass,we hav d sea,lagos etc....so ur tribe can enjoy dia oil wen Nigeria divide
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by Devilhimself: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2014
chamboy:
during ur spare time
pls try 08037618788

Dr Frank
Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital Yaba

Otu nne i
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by CSTR: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2014
omololu2020:
which Niger delta,speak for ur tribe in d south south alone,or u r finkin d itsekiris will b in d same country wit u ijaws.yes division is d best for Nigeria cos we are are not united at all in dis country.we yorubas av oil too,and we don't only av oil,we hav a large population,we hav a large land mass,we hav d sea,lagos etc....so ur tribe can enjoy dia oil wen Nigeria divide
You are a nincompoop.
Since when does a yoruba infidel have a say in what goes on in the niger-delta?
Go to itshekiri and tell them this rubbish and see what they will do to you.
Anyway, when Nigeria divides,we will see.
land mass indeed.
Since when does land mass equates to development?
chad is much bigger than Nigeria but poorer than the SS.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) by omololu2020(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2014
CSTR:
You are a nincompoop.
Since when does a yoruba infidel have a say in what goes on in the niger-delta?
Go to itshekiri and tell them this rubbish and see what they will do to you.
Anyway, when Nigeria divides,we will see.
land mass indeed.
Since when does land mass equates to development?
chad is much bigger than Nigeria but poorer than the SS.
see dis fool!sh p!g,I thought u are a matured guy,I neva knew u are a sw!ne.f00l av been to warri before so u can shove ur niger delta republich s.hit in ur as.sHole p!g.let me repeat it again,if Nigeria divide dia will b notin lik a Niger delta republic.benin,itsekiris,ijaws,efik will form dia own countries.only daft fool lik u fink dia will b a country called Niger delta.Nigeria is smaller dan south africa but poorer dan cape town.daft fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Flees As Red Caps Take Over Kano Government House (Photo) / Outgoing Gov. Blocks Road To Venue Of Gov-elect’s Inauguration (photos) / Vice President Osinbajo Inaugurates The National Road Safety Advisory Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.