Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG (25717 Views)

Nigeria’s First Ever High-speed Rail Is Finally Here / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by superstar3: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2014
In PDP/Gej govt, an invincible project is always a world class type.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Walphem(m): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2014
The article says it will take 25 years to build, I hope it won't be among thr worst infrastructure in the world by then, since countries worldwide would ve created a better model by then.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by nevilbot: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2014
when i read some comments on social media, i cant but pity the mental faculty of some people. a rail project that has not even started and one company is calling it world class and some people are already using it as an avenue to start a pdp apc war. why dont we wait till the next 25 years wen it will be 'ready' before we start arguing abt if its world class or not.

if the whites and advanced country we want to be like rejoice in speculative news do u think they will be wia they are today? and in 25 yrs time wen that real system is eventually ready which i totally doubt, will the rail system of these advanced countries still be wia it is today?

i dont just understand y we keep falling for the cheap publicity stunt of this clueless administration. for ur info, i am a nigerian residing in germany so i know what a world class rail system looks like not one that have not even stated and youths are already abusing themsef ova

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by major466(m): 11:57am On Dec 15, 2014
kendrick9:
lmao.. who are they deceiving... railway is dead and buried in nigeria...
See them. Enemies of good news.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
Another financial slavery. $13 BILLION DOLLAR loan and how much would this slavery loan cost us on the long run?
Factoring all the monies stolen, we could finance this project directly.
One PDP president pays all our foreign loans and another one, plunges us further into the red!!!!
Not also forgetting the $1 BILLION arms loan, to strengthen our military against BOKO!!!!
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ahmed0336:
pictures please!!!!!!

Even better. I give you videos.

please check the 2nd comment on the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHq3OSQYk5E

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
kendrick9:
lmao.. who are they deceiving... railway is dead and buried in nigeria...

No, it's been revived!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by darediamond(m): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Did Baba Iyabo do everything before handing over?
The Sun have never stopped shining.
Cybermugu1:
So? Don't we deserve better
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reality check.....Apple has just designed a top of the line Iphone that will take 25 years to build ....when it hits the market in 2040 it will be the world class must have phone.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
olajide8:

DEVELOPMENT ON PAPER - we want to see it now 6yrs and because of elections we see projects on paper, we are not carried along- they" know more then us -

Not on paper bro.

you should leave your house more often.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by bookface: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
It's always amusing how these sorts of projects surface around election periods only to die down quietly a few months after.

We had 7 point agenda, then it was modified to 5 points agenda - After all agendas failed, they promised Fresh Air! Four years after we got promised the so called Fresh Air, the Naira has been devalued and everyone with a naira denominated fixed income is much poorer!

Go on and vote for them again you gullible idi0ts. Listen to their lies with so much fervor, listen to their passionate promises. Collect the cash they hand out to you, the tubers of yam and bags of rice - go on and vote for them, because they are your kinsmen! Give them another chance in the office. Your misery will end quicker, since you probably won't live for another 60 or 70 years. Your children and your grandchildren will be the ones who will have to deal with the outcomes of your stup1dity, your lack of insight and the misuse of the only tool you have - your vote!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Dee60: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=25pt]By the time the project is completed in 25 years, the technology would have become obsolete and unserviceable!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by McSpark: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Delight70(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
BADNEAT:
Cool
A very good project, every good Nigerian should pray for its accomplishment. One thing I however observed, it's almost like old pattern designed by the British. A situation whereby someone travelling from Lagos to the South East will pass through the North. The rails should be designed a way that you will not get to Abuja before going to the East. My experience in 1966 is still fresh in my memory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Kimoni: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Project Initiation is not Naija's problem, it is project completion and maintenance.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Truckpusher(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Another financial slavery. $13 BILLION DOLLAR loan and how much would this slavery loan cost us on the long run?
Factoring all the monies stolen, we could finance this project directly.
One PDP president pays all our foreign loans and another one, plunges us further into the red!!!!
Not also forgetting the $1 BILLION arms loan, to strengthen our military against BOKO!!!!
Read something up you'll refuse now see how You're marketing your dumbness.
That loan was infrastructural loan paid with oil because GEJ is aware of how your kinsmen stole all the monies meant for NITEL,NEPA and NPA so he decided not take any cash loan for your Islamic raghead masters and their south west slave to steal.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Raikishi(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oga how many years did it take to build dubai?
ceejayluv:
25 years?... If only shagari and buhari had started such projects back then, we'd be enjoying world class railway by now..... I always say it that you can't reconstruct in a few years what it took decades to destroy.. to achieve our power Eldorado will not take less than 10-15 years as well.. Take it or leave it.

Senators with 29million naira salary and overpriced projects given to foreign governments that will deliver obsolete technology in 25 years that will not be sustainable and nigerians are celebrating mediocrity... what a foolish nation.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by OLADD: 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
calebo101:
And some enemies of progress will keep deceiving their people to bomb themselves and destroy their land to make the government look weak.

They keep accusing the man of dividing the nation along religious lines yet the man keeps delivering the benefits of good governance without being biased or marginal.

Honestly the North has every reason to thank Jonathan. Their politicians mean them no good that's why they refused to build schools for them.

Jonathan has built schools for the almajiris and now I'm seeing train stations constructed and mainly domiciled in the North.

Goodluck Jonathan, posterity would judge you. Your good works would surpass you.

Even though you neglected the Niger-delta where you're from and kept pumping out oil money to the insatiable north, whenever they enter train they would keep remembering it's the clueless one that built it.

When they graduate from the almajiris school, proceed to the university cited in their domain and can study the Koran well to know good from bad, they would remember it was the "clueless bastard from otueke" that constructed it.

You the northern masses are good people we know, just your representatives are blood sucking demons. That's why instead of them to build schools for you and educate you, they went to Niger republic to build schools of 1 billion naira.

Maybe not today, maybe Jonathan may not govern you again but what you can't deny is the legacy and the path for development he has brought to your doorstep.
[color=#006600][quote author=calebo101 post=28896124]

Well said. But in addition, as Almighty God lives, the enemies of Nigeria will eat their own flesh, they shall drink their own blood as a sweet wine and all flesh shall know that Jehovah is our God, our Saviour and Redeemer, the Mighty God of Isreal(Nigeria). Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will rule Nigeria beyond 2015 because he is a good president.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Yorubarocks: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
25. Years and Tanoids are already shouting Gej till 2019.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Sibrah: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Two things i didn't like about the news:
- It will take 25 years
- It will involve a loan from the chinese.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by olajide8(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
calebo101:

Not on paper bro.

you should leave your house more often.

This particular project was started by OBJ,
Prior to me going back into paid employment, I happened to have acted as a vendor for CCECC that is doing the contract- when I tell you it's on paper it's on paper and it was on paper before this administration-
Secondly a contract was awarded with no cash backing for the construction of the south rail lines- what do you think gingered this the opposition governors were doing rail links in their various states. Performance actual performance that was shown on paper and then actualised- for this government it may take another 4years and before the drawing comes out and then we start to see something on ground- so I am not interested like they say on nairaland show me a picture or idontbelieveit
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by officialcharlz(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
ahh! 25 yias? (in typical yoruba man's accent)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
olajide8:

This particular project was started by OBJ,
Prior to me going back into paid employment, I happened to have acted as a vendor for CCECC that is doing the contract- when I tell you it's on paper it's on paper and it was on paper before this administration-
Secondly a contract was awarded with no cash backing for the construction of the south rail lines- what do you think gingered this the opposition governors were doing rail links in their various states. Performance actual performance that was shown on paper and then actualised- for this government it may take another 4years and before the drawing comes out and then we start to see something on ground- so I am not interested like they say on nairaland show me a picture or idontbelieveit

My brother you're just irredeemable.

Please try to see a doctor because at this stage you are if high blood pressure doesn't kill you, hatred will!!!

Just an advise. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by motherlode: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
2cato:
APC minions come and tell us ur own version of the cost and benefit of the railways to the development of nigeria economy.

This guy is a f++l shocked! How can a government borrow that huge amount of money for a project that will take 25 years? undecided
i am sure that if PDP as a party continues ruling this nation for 25 additional years this project will either be abandoned or should be a continuity of BORROW BORROW funds!!! This country is about to be ruined with debts
while Tanoids and PDP are clamoring for GEJ's re-election! Only God knows maybe they will live to see the completion of this project? undecided This is an avenue for CORRUPTION!!! Where are my fellow progressives? cheesy

We need Change and that Change starts with me and you by voting the People's General into power grin we must not condone Rubbish in our Country.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by olajide8(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
calebo101:

My brother you're just irredeemable.

Please try to see a doctor because at this stage you are if high blood pressure doesn't kill you, hatred will!!!

Just an advise. Enjoy your day.

Just let us watch and see - they would say because the price of oil dropped so many projects couldn't be done- I beg to differ on the hatred phrase- I detest mediocrity, lies, deceit, and incompetence- someone says a project is world class and would take 25yrs and then you say this government is performing- for something we haven't seen- Bros you may need to check yourself O! And I am telling you for your own good- a lot of people have common sense here O! And we have transversed a lot of places and seen a lot of things - and sincerely we can not be bribed with 9.2b stoves, religious sentiments, born to rule phrases to create animosity, and excuses don't hold water- results is what we want to see- that's all!!!! Not map drawing that OBJ did - JEGA MY PVC oh! Scientific rigging from the source- GEJ and JEGA, I want my voters card as everyone in otuoeke has their voters card and have been registered including underaged* I want my VOTERS CARD....
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by londoner: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
How long does it take to build a rail sysem cross a country the size of Nigeria? Does anyone know? There is also the coastal railway to, AT LAST connect all regions of Nigeria.

Is it because people here know how long a project like this should take, or they just think 25 years is a long time?

In fact many times railways are built in stages over many years, with extentions added to them accounting for population growth. I have no doubt there would have been delays from the time others drew up frameworks and now, not to ention squanderred and embezzledfunds.

Are we no longer talking about Nigeria?

I think this is a good development.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by Rhozabeth(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
I don't kno why I don't like anything chinese! And to know that it will take 25years to complete shows that it will be one of those white elephant projects where billions are sunk and nothing to show for it!
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by jayriginal: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
obongproff:
Did I just hear dem say it will take 25years to build? Or was dat a typo?

I wonder if after 25 years the technology would not be obsolete.
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by tomzman: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Sometimes, I'm tempted to ask God why He made me a Nigerian. When would we learn to think outside the box. A project that sure to b abandoned is what is making some morons shout GEJ till 2019. I wonder wen Nigerians would come out of our folly. You all should take a trip to Germany and see wat a railway system looks like. Rubbish!
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by londoner: 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
We are talking about connecting Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Warri, Bauchi and Abuja by rail (notice the COMPLETE neglect of SE states btw) Thats for another day and its nothing new.

Anyhoo....Its not as if these states are right next door to each other.

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by olajide8(m): 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
londoner:
How long does it take to build a rail sysem cross a country the size of Nigeria? Does anyone know? There is also the coastal railway to, AT LAST connect all regions of Nigeria.

Is it because people here know how long a project like this should take, or they just think 25 years is a long time?

In fact many times railways are built in stages over many years, with extentions added to them accounting for population growth. I have no doubt there would have been delays from the time others drew up frameworks and now, not to ention squanderred and embezzledfunds.

Are we no longer talking about Nigeria?

I think this is a good development.

Broz nothing concerns me with your opinion but I must point something out to you- this project is a just a proposal on paper- have they put it out for tender consultancy, to cover the technical drawings and consultancy of the architectural design of the project to cover the whole terrain, have they done a comprehensive study of the profitability, which of the lines would they commence with? what is the EIA's of the project on the communities and area's it would go through ?- when would they start? from where to where? Before they start to think of expanding - how would the contract be financed? Loans or taxes - who are those they would train to operate and man such sophisticated equipment - do we have power? For sub-station running- please stop deceiving us* we know the truth and the day you accept the truth, it would set you free-
Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by seangy4konji: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
How many jobs will the high velocity railway create?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FAAN Officials Beat Female Passenger Till She Fainted For Recording Harassment B / Flood At Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos Lobby During Rainfall / Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.