Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Egusi Soup (2049 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2014
Not to forget, copy and print and paste on your kitchen wall

Ingredients
2cups of egusi grounded ( this quantity may serve four persons)
100naira worth of tomatoes
2 soup spoonful of palmoil
Onion, grounded crayfish, seasoning,
200 worth of meat ( optional, a kilogram worth of ice fish can substitute
3 to 5 sizeable portion of dry fish
Preparation
Boil your meat to tender, and keep the stock( ie the water) wash and remove bones from the dried fish and keep.
Put the palm oil on low heat or flame, bring to yellow color
Pour in the sliced onions and cook to tender at least 2 minutes
Pour the blended tomatoes, you may slice to small piece, cook gradually until the sour taste is away for at least 10 to 15 minutes
Pour in the grounded egusi, and stir for a minute, add crayfish, the meat stock) and a glass cup of water or two and pinch of salt to taste
Add the meat and dried fish, and cook for five minutes, if you choice is ice fish add and cook for 10 minutes, add water to prefer texture, bring to boil.
Add your choice of seasoning. You may add some vegetable like, Cabbage, Pumpkin or Ugu leaves.
Please wash your vegetable before slicing and not before
Bring down to cool
Serve with garri, pounded yam, semolina, plantain flour, Fufu
Trust you will enjoy your meal, Note cooking is an art, drawn with patience
Note, if you cant withstand, the palm oil by smoke, or where there is presence of asthmatic person, cook the tomatoes till it dries, and fresh palm oil, and follow sequence
Re: How To Prepare Egusi Soup by naijaspeak(m): 3:02am On Dec 17, 2014
I wish to also know why Egusi soup is known for getting soured few hours after preparation. Why does Egusi soup goes bad the next day after preparation. You just notice the soured appearance when you open the pot. How can it be well preserve?
Re: How To Prepare Egusi Soup by SAMBARRY: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2014
naijaspeak:
I wish to also know why Egusi soup is known for getting soured few hours after preparation. Why does Egusi soup goes bad the next day after preparation. You just notice the soured appearance when you open the pot. How can it be well preserve?
egusi are one of the foods that get sour after 24hours after preparation because of the ingredients in it and the way it was cooked. What i mean by that is that after you cook it and you take the quantity you need put the rest in the freezer when it's cool and never leave the serving spoon inside the food . notice that if you put tomato and atarodo down blended without keeping it in the freezer it will spoil same with meat . Therefore it is applicable to egusi. However if you forgot to put it in the freezer, there's still hope if it's still in the morning between 5am to 7am.when the morning sun is not yet out. If it's becoming sour you can redeem it by warming it . put the burner of your gas at the lowest heat so that the heat can dry up all the liquid that's causing the soury smell and taste, then put sliced onions in it, cover it and leave it to cook. When you notice its no longer smelling and tasting soury and it has gone back to its original state, continue warming it every morning and evening otherwise it'll get worse than it was before
Re: How To Prepare Egusi Soup by Pavore9: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2014
@indigene, abeg are you a Kenyan that you are suggesting adding cabbage to egusi soup? well me l skip off tomatoes rather in addition to what u listed l love adding ground uziza seeds and scented pepper. Using Titus fish is my preference.
Re: How To Prepare Egusi Soup by Collins4444: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
Anyone interested in buying peeled and unpeeled Egusi at affordable prices should contact 08164195788. And other food items are available.
currently we selling a big bag of machine peel for #47,000, hurry and make your orders.
Hand peeled is much available.
FOR MORE INQUIRIES CALL 08164195788.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Eat This Cake? ( Viewers Discretion) / Man Makes N20k daily selling Frog Barbecue (photos) / Naija Free Beginners Online Tutorial On Cake Making/de

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.