Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Politics: It Is Unislamic To Support An Unjust Muslim By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Politics: It Is Unislamic To Support An Unjust Muslim By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (473 Views)

Similarity Between Christian And Muslim By Robin Scott / Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Jesus...A Christian Or A Muslim...by A Converted Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics: It Is Unislamic To Support An Unjust Muslim By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat by bilms(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
POLITICS: IT IS UNISLAMIC TO SUPPORT AN UNJUST MUSLIM by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

I am compelled to write this short article after reading an unfortunate post on facebook which seek to mislead Muslims into making decision based on religious sentiments. The post was made by one Dalami Babantakko who claimed to be speaking for Islam.
In a writeup titled Islam and politics, Danlami Babantakko wrote that, ‘’It is wrong and mischevous to say that one should separate religion from politics, it may be so with other religion but not with Islam. Islam is a total way of life and nothing has been left to chance. From mannerisms of eating, drinking, going to toilet and public conduct, all acts have been documented and muslims have been shown the way to do it. Politics and religion (Islam) are inseparable. In Islam, politics is too important to be left to people who are not credible and trustworthy.
Without any doubt, I agree with the writer on all the above, but like all the misinterpretation of Islam, the writer went astray to ascribe to Islam, what never existed in it.
The unfortunate, false and misleading remark was made when Danlami wrote that: In election contest between a muslim and a non muslim,it is a religious obligation on muslim voters to vote the muslim candidate.If a muslim votes a non-muslim in preferance to a muslim into an elective office, such a muslim becomes an unbeliever. This is because he or she prefers the triumph of Kufr over Islam.
Likewise, if a muslim decides not to vote at all, especially when the contest is between a muslim and a non-muslim, that muslim becomes an unbeliever too because of his or her indifference as to whether Islam triumph over Kufr or Kufr triumph over Islam.
There can’t more ignorance than the one displayed by this writer.
The above submission is not only false and incorrect, it is wicked and a delibrate efforts to serve a political interest and mislead Muslims, but the prophet warn against such falsehood.
The writer of such a fabrication against true islamic teaching is being unjust and the Quran in suratul hud verse 37 reads, ‘’who is more unjust than one who invent a lie against Allah ‘’These are the ones who lied against their lord! No doubt! The curse of Allah is on the wrong doers.
Prophet Muhammed had said, ‘’Do not tell a lie against me, for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the hell-fire.’’
In an effort to correct the writer from speading falsehood, a simply request was made. I asked that, which chapter of the Quran or saying of the prophet did he came across this falsehood, but there was none. He simply quoted the following verse: Allah says in the Quran, 'THE ONLY RELIGION IN THE SIGHT OF ALLAH IS ISLAM.
My dear reader, please, in what way did the above verse talked about any politics or any consideration for choosing a political candidate? Certainly, this is a delibrate falsehood by the writer and away to misled Muslims into political sentiment.
Two primary reasoning bordering on Quranic injuction and hadith of the noble Prophet (SAW) informed this article.
1. Quranic injuction
‘’….Judgement must be based on justice, even if it goes against yourself. This is ordained (Quran 6:33)
‘’…You must do justice even to your enemy (Quran 5:cool

2. Hadith, the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) commanded 15 of the early Muslims to emigrate to Abyssina (now Eretria) between 614 and 615 in the 5th year of his prophethood.
The choice of Abyssina by prophet Muhammed was very important in underscoring issues of justice in Islam. He said, ‘’if you want and if you can, seek shelter in Abyssina. There is a (Christian) ruler (King Najjashi) there who has never oppressed anyone. It is a country of right and truth. Live and stay there until Allah makes things easier.
Also, according to hadith of the prophet (sohihu Bukhari) on page 282 Vol:3 chapter 1 he said, ‘’if a Muslim deputized a non Muslim warrior in a country of infedility or a Muslim state, the contract is valid’’. It is therefore halal for Muslims to support an upright Christian.

Therefore in an electoral contest, any candidate which has the best quality and capability to lead must be the choice of the Muslim Ummah irrespective of his or her religion. Muslims must at all times, support the candidate that has the history of pursuing truth and justice in the interest of the common man.

(1) (Reply)

This Man Jesus Is Still Pulling Crowds. That Means He Is Real! / Discovering Yourself / The Miracle Of The Loaves Reveal Jesus As I Am Who I Am.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.