Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (44015 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by thorpido(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
adanduka:
How can one tell a BABY is a dwarf.
Pls allow the baby grow and develop first and give proper multivitamins.
The baby will have those features right from birth.They usually have short limbs.
It's the same way you can diagnose other congenital abnormalities eg Down syndrome.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Emilord(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
That dwarf may the next M.I,so woman,shut d Bleep up.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by 1stola: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Bunsky:
Science no go kill us with english,which one be

ACHONODROPLASIA!!!
Bia lala were the pix of the dwarf?
Missy!
That's not an English word o
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lilboots(m): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
1stola:

Missy!

Na wetin na? Yoruba??
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lilamartedi(f): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Djicemob:
Oops! Withdrawal method gone wrong,half went in tongue

On the real though,a baby is a baby,let em accept it and not do something rash behind the scenes.
Lmao! grin grin cheesy this is the funniest comment I've seen in a while
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Djicemob: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lilamartedi:
Lmao! grin grin cheesy this is the funniest comment I've seen in a while
Glad i made you smile cheesy
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by sacora(f): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nukilia:
The truth will surface very soon grin grin grin. Sharp runs
lol.......puttin my thoughts in2 context
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
1stola:

Missy!
I know is a science word,the pronounciation just sound funny to me.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Fabianno92(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
I advice mum and dad not to hate the baby
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by thorpido(m): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
^^Dem write for the Op say the baby die...still birth.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lilamartedi(f): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Djicemob:
Glad i made you smile cheesy
kiss
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by cozy7(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
lalasticlala:
The joy and excitement that comes with childbirth is absent to the family of Frances Omgbolo when his wife gave birth to a dwarf baby.

It was gathered that the woman, 26, who was rushed to the labour room, came with full term pregnancy and was later delivered of a dwarf.

A source at the hospital said Omgbolo, a 41-year- old civil servant from Obrigbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, was thrown into confusion when he learnt that his wife has given birth to a dwarf, describing it as mysterious

Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”

Speaking to our correspondent, Dr. Chuks Obonodi and Dr. Ekene Okwuje of the Bomadi General Hospital, where the woman gave birth, described the condition as Achonodroplasia (a baby with short limb).

The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful day presented complications known as footing breach presentation with excessive amniotic fluid.

On dwarfism, Dr. Okwuje explained: “It is a genetic problem amongst parents with recessive genes. It only exhibits when both parents have the traits.”

http://leadership.ng/news/395288/bizarre-husband-wife-shock-giving-birth-dwarf
I STRONGLY SUGGEST D MAN SHOULD ASK HIS WIFE TO DESCRIBE HER EX. THAT MUST BE THE LINK.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by ScorchedViper(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tyrion Lannister.....
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by darlenese(f): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why are they surprised? Didn't they do Biology in Secondary sch? grin grin grin
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nukilia:
The truth will surface very soon grin grin grin. Sharp runs

LMAO
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by piagetskinner(m): 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
In the nearest future, he might be picked to play a role in 'the lord of the rings'.so don't conflain
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by lordcornel(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
He might just be as popular as LORD TYRION in game of thrones.. Lol
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by handmaid: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
am i the only one who saw that it was a still birth?
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Ologunjude(m): 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Carry out a DNA to ascertain the father of the baby to save the world the embarrassment. Thank u
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by kristein(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
nagoma:

Of course you can tell. Achondroplasia is not a difficult diagnosis to make clinically. The report is wrong on mode of inheritance which is Autosomal Dominant and not Autosomal recessive as reported. In this particular case however, it seems to be the result of a mutant gene most likely FGFR3 mutation as both parents are , apparently , of normal stature and there is no history of dwarfism in the family.
sorry are you a medical doctor?? just curious about it
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Beesluv: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
How will they know if a 'newly born baby' is dwarf
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by daey118(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
musicwriter:
That's when genes malfunction. It's called mutation. It can happen to anybody.
Lol..Yeah..not when the joke's on you bruh.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by daey118(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
lordcornel:
He might just be as popular as LORD TYRION in game of thrones.. Lol
Lol...you never can tell tho....humans are sooooo future thinkless...
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by dailywealth1967: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ask d hospital.Swapping don take place
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lilboots(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
nagoma:

Of course you can tell. Achondroplasia is not a difficult diagnosis to make clinically. The report is wrong on mode of inheritance which is Autosomal Dominant and not Autosomal recessive as reported. In this particular case however, it seems to be the result of a mutant gene most likely FGFR3 mutation as both parents are , apparently , of normal stature and there is no history of dwarfism in the family.

Tell me more!!
I know that Achondroplasia is related to Smallpikinasia and can be detected unless one has overdosed with clinical G2SO4 (or garrium sulphate for the laymen). The report that was submitted was wrong as SmallMini-motor gene was dominant and not the heavi-suv-motor gene as reported.
In this particular case, the FGN-pcs+ mutation was present in both parents hence the reason why there is no past medical history of dwarfism/midgetism in this particular family.

Thank me later
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lilboots(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lilboots:

Tell me more!!
I know that Achondroplasia is related to Smallpikinasia and can be detected unless one has overdosed with clinical G2SO4 (or garrium sulphate for the laymen). The report that was submitted was wrong as SmallMini-motor gene was dominant and not the heavi-suv-motor gene as reported.
In this particular case, the FGN-pcs+ mutation was present in both parents hence the reason why there is no past medical history of dwarfism/midgetism in this particular family.

Thank me later
. #mesefgoschool#
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by kingRexEmmy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Visit All9jafootball..com for the best 9ja football news.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by nonjebose(m): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Eiya Pele. embarassed

Btw my virgin friend got married last week and I was chatting with her. I feel like asking if she has done 'it' and how did 'it' feel? But I don't know if it's out of place for me to do so. Is it right?
no
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by nagoma(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lilboots:

Tell me more!!

Thank me later

Thank you Sir!! grin grin
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Weah96: 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ok, the dwarf baby was stillborn which means that it's DEAD. Why all the fuss over a dead baby?
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by lordcornel(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
daey118:

Lol...you never can tell tho....humans are sooooo future thinkless...
Lolz... They don't know...
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by jacabi(m): 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
AfricanApple:
which enemies? berra confess o angry
Chai! Kilode?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank / My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.