Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? (8859 Views)

How To Rear And Raise 100 Cockerels At The Backyard / Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! / Cockerel Vs. Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by kay29000(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
Apart from the fact that Broilers grow faster than cockerels, why don't people like to rear Cockerele for meat production? I really prefer them to Broilers.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Nicogen4us(f): 5:04am On Dec 17, 2014
People do,i just sold over 100pcs of mine yesterday but it just need strategy .for enquiry register for a seminar where you will learn some other ventures in agroallied.visit www.olx.com/services/agroallied seminar for more info and seat reservation. its real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by kay29000(m): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nicogen4us:
People do,i just sold over 100pcs of mine yesterday but it just need strategy .for enquiry register for a seminar where you will learn some other ventures in agroallied.visit www.olx.com/services/agroallied seminar for more info and seat reservation. its real

Oh, cool. How much did u sell them each, and how long did it take them to grow to full maturity? Thanks. I will register for the seminar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by mfm04622: 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
They take too long to mature, they cost so much to feed and customers don't want to pay much for chicken!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by mfm04622: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
How many is 100 pieces? Compared to demand of broilers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by kay29000(m): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
mfm04622:
They take too long to mature, they cost so much to feed and customers don't want to pay much for chicken!

Hmm! But I don't think they cost to much to feed. Sometimes I give my cockerels leaves that grow freely in my garden and they munch up happily, still as healthy as ever. It is just d time it takes them to grow. I just don't like how fragile Broilers can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Nicogen4us(f): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2014
kay29000:

Oh, cool. How much did u sell them each, and how long did it take them to grow to full maturity? Thanks. I will register for the seminar.
.I do not grow cockrel to maturity and it cost just #200 per one for just 3weeks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by kay29000(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2014
Nicogen4us:
.I do not grow cockrel to maturity and it cost just #200 per one for just 3weeks

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Gadgetmobil(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
@ Nicogen
Nicogen4us:

Can you send me the fallout of of the seminar and the various ecopies required. Wouldn't mind paying if so required

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 19, 2014
Hello house, anybody that needs CHI specific day old chicks should contact me. We can get it for you within 48hrs of booking instead of the normal long time waiting. My contact is 08038619766.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by knowledge4(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
They take too long to mature and you may end up at a loss selling at the end of the day where your cost of production is above market price.
The broilers sell far better because they are heavier at maturity and mature over a shorter period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Kimikazi2: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nicogen4us:
Do you sell at that rate or #200 is the cost of production? If its the cost of production then you are getting something wrong because it shouldn't cost you more than #120 to produce for 5 weeks which is the marketable age for brood and sell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Nicogen4us(f): 2:55am On Dec 23, 2014
Kimikazi2:

Do you sell at that rate or #200 is the cost of production? If its the cost of production then you are getting something wrong because it shouldn't cost you more than #120 to produce for 5 weeks which is the marketable age for brood and sell.
.I sell at the rate of #200 per one @ 3weeks old and the cost of production per 102pcs is #5000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by Nicogen4us(f): 3:05am On Dec 23, 2014
Gadgetmobil:
@ Nicogen

Can you send me the fallout of of the seminar and the various ecopies required. Wouldn't mind paying if so required
.The seminar is just for a week mon-sat. and start by 9am-4pm everyday.I av stopped e-copies due to the fact that manuals are available and my corpers prefer that. Each manual cost #1000 and even its better to attend seminars than having the e-copies there are somethings outside the manual and that is our own secret and strenght.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by NeuroBoss(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2016
Please where and how do you sell post-brooding chicks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't People Like To Rear Cockerel Birds? by pheonixdld2(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
Story.Just to bait him to register for a bloody seminar.
Nicogen4us:

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Locally Made Extruders (Floating Fish Feed) 2022 Production / Buyers Of Onions And Tomatoes In Bulk Let's Meet Here / Lets Talk "WATERMELON"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.