Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (32550 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

@bolded: I laugh is Spanish

The earlier you realize that either gender can exhibit certain characteristics, the better for you cheesy

Women are naturally forgiving bla bla bla. Can you give examples?

Don't the children report to the mother? Are the maids/staff and others not accountable to be mother? Except you mean to say that only CEOs are leaders i.e. CFO, CTO, COO, etc. are not leaders.

This discussion is getting windy.

You believe women cannot be/ are not leaders. Ok then. (all these back and forth really changes nothing grin)

Compliments of the season cheesy
I'm seriously starting to wonder when you got to know me on this forum. I didn't always fight feminism, you know. I used to support these postmodernist fallacies because I did know that both genders are capable of playing many of each other's roles.

The fact that a woman CAN does not mean that a woman DOES. I already said that a few times. I can stick my hand in the fire. That is simply a question of ability. I don't. I will only under special circumstances. That is a question of more than ability.

Women can go to war. A woman can take on adverse elements and lead the charge. But does she? Jesus said that the stones would cry out if human beings quit their praise. Nature has everything multiplied. A woman will play a man's role under abnormal circumstances and vice versa.

Read what I write, bukatyne, not what you think I am writing.

What kind of examples do you need me to give? undecided

These questions do not fit anything I said. They don't quite answer anything I said. I asked you what other members of the family a woman leads. I didn't say that she doesn't lead her kids.

Now, about the copilot questions that I asked, of course, co-pilots XOs etc are leaders. I knew that before asking. The question was to enable you to.understand my argument. The co-pilot leads on the authority of the pilot. In other words, the leadership of the co-pilot is derived from the pilot, that of the XO from the captain, etc. It is all leadership nonetheless.

In the same vein, a woman is a leader but her leadership derives from the man's. Thus leadership is still a male quality. This does not mean, like I already said, that women cannot lead when there is no man around. They can but she will have to sacrifice her feminity to do so. There is a ruthlessness and adventurism that belongs exclusively to leadership and comes naturally to men but which women cannot exhibit without sacrificing the protectiveness and compromise that defines womanhood. THAT is my argument. Not that a woman cannot be a leader.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
And a very Merry Christmas to you, bukatyne. smiley
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I'm seriously starting to wonder when you got to know me on this forum. I didn't always fight feminism, you know. I used to support these postmodernist fallacies because I did know that both genders are capable of playing many of each other's roles.

The fact that a woman CAN does not mean that a woman DOES. I already said that a few times. I can stick my hand in the fire. That is simply a question of ability. I don't. I will only under special circumstances. That is a question of more than ability.

Women can go to war. A woman can take on adverse elements and lead the charge. But does she? Jesus said that the stones would cry out if human beings quit their praise. Nature has everything multiplied. A woman will play a man's role under abnormal circumstances and vice versa.

Read what I write, bukatyne, not what you think I am writing.

What kind of examples do you need me to give? undecided

These questions do not fit anything I said. They don't quite answer anything I said. I asked you what other members of the family a woman leads. I didn't say that she doesn't lead her kids.

Now, about the copilot questions that I asked, of course, co-pilots XOs etc are leaders. I knew that before asking. The question was to enable you to.understand my argument. The co-pilot leads on the authority of the pilot. In other words, the leadership of the co-pilot is derived from the pilot, that of the XO from the captain, etc. It is all leadership nonetheless.

In the same vein, a woman is a leader but her leadership derives from the man's. Thus leadership is still a male quality. This does not mean, like I already said, that women cannot lead when there is no man around. They can but she will have to sacrifice her feminity to do so. There is a ruthlessness and adventurism that belongs exclusively to leadership and comes naturally to men but which women cannot exhibit without sacrificing the protectiveness and compromise that defines womanhood. THAT is my argument. Not that a woman cannot be a leader.

How do you say ok in igbo?
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:
And a very Merry Christmas to you, bukatyne. smiley

Same to you too

My Christmas is very merry from hopping about the market angry sad

Wetin woman pikin fit do?
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

How do you say ok in igbo?
Lmao grin grin grin grin grin

The closest is "o zugo" ('it is enough' OR 'it is ok'). grin
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

Same to you too

My Christmas is very merry from hopping about the market angry sad

Wetin woman pikin fit do?
Eya grin

I feel your pain. It is well. Better you than him. Unless you want to eat grass instead of pumpkin leaves, lol.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lmao grin grin grin grin grin

The closest is "o zugo" ('it is enough' OR 'it is ok'). grin

Da'alu

Mazi Obi,

O zugo... grin

P.S.: My point is the only place a man is a leader for free because of his d.ick is in marriage; else where there is a level playing field for both men and women to lead. It is now left for each of them to put in their best to become leaders. I dislike the idea of quota system where 10% of a cabinet must be women whether they deserve it or not.

This is what makes men have mouth... afterall, we dashed you angry sad tongue

Women say no to handouts!!!!! cheesy kiss
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Eya grin

I feel your pain. It is well. Better you than him. Unless you want to eat grass instead of pumpkin leaves, lol.

is this the lines you guys use to console ladies grin

Hubby is a very good cook and washed/extracted the palm kernel juice. He will kill and clean up the fowls later today...
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

Da'alu

Mazi Obi,

O zugo... grin

P.S.: My point is the only place a man is a leader for free because of his d.ick is in marriage; else where there is a level playing field for both men and women to lead. It is now left for each of them to put in their best to become leaders. I dislike the idea of quota system where 10% of a cabinet must be women whether they deserve it or not.

This is what makes men have mouth... afterall, we dashed you angry sad tongue

Women say no to handouts!!!!! cheesy kiss
Lmao grin

I knew that that was your point and I still offer my arguments in counter. cheesy No "level playing ground" elsewhere. Outside the home men don't automatically lose their masculinity nor do women lose their feminity. Both are still different. And their differences are such great strengths for the whole human race that we incur terrible loss eliminating them.

Abeg, more handouts. Just to torment bukatyne. Lol.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

is this the lines you guys use to console ladies grin

Hubby is a very good cook and washed/extracted the palm kernel juice. He will kill and clean up the fowls later today...
Ehen nau. After all, men actually do good in the kitchen if they want. We just don't want to make y'all feel bad. grin I look forward to a few months at least of pure bachelorhood myself. I want to run some experiments in the kitchen.

The thing y'all might actually be missing is that we surrender our welfare into your hands and give you a place of power over us. Una jus de para anyhow, lol.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lmao grin

I knew that that was your point and I still offer my arguments in counter. cheesy No "level playing ground" elsewhere. Outside the home men don't automatically lose their masculinity nor do women lose their feminity. Both are still different. And their differences are such great strengths for the whole human race that we incur terrible loss eliminating them.

Abeg, more handouts. Just to torment bukatyne. Lol.

The duo can lead without losing anything ;

Ok look at it this way;
A husband heads his home and a driver or cleaner @ work... does he lose his masculinity?
A wife is led by her hubby and is the CEO @ work... does she lose her feminity?

Are you saying a woman leading upsets the balance?

@handouts: They will keep collecting and giving; some are too lazy to pay their dues and some men like to keep them permanently under. Just like the Aids and Grants the West gives Africa... sad sad sad angry sad cry
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Ehen nau. After all, men actually do good in the kitchen if they want. We just don't want to make y'all feel bad. grin I look forward to a few months at least of pure bachelorhood myself. I want to run some experiments in the kitchen.

The thing y'all might actually be missing is that we surrender our welfare into your hands and give you a place of power over us. Una jus de para anyhow, lol.

Feel bad ke? I nor get that kind shame... (I must be different...)

Y'all can have the power if I get to enjoy free meals daily

Biko I want to have power over ego and other tins that matter than food grin
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

The duo can lead without losing anything ;

Ok look at it this way;
A husband heads his home and a driver or cleaner @ work... does he lose his masculinity?
A wife is led by her hubby and is the CEO @ work... does she lose her feminity?

Are you saying a woman leading upsets the balance?

@handouts: They will keep collecting and giving; some are too lazy to pay their dues and some men like to keep them permanently under. Just like the Aids and Grants the West gives Africa... sad sad sad angry sad cry
Actually that's the wrong way to look at it. Jobs aren't themselves leadership. Leadership is an attitude.

A cleaner can be a person of responsibility or a dependent. It all depends on the person's particular approach to the job. A man who recognizes that would clean like cleaning is the same as directing the affairs of the whole company.

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that when she assumes leads, her softness and natural instinct to comfort goes out the window.

I know what you're saying.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

Feel bad ke? I nor get that kind shame... (I must be different...)

Y'all can have the power if I get to enjoy free meals daily

Biko I want to have power over ego and other tins that matter than food grin
You see your life? grin

Which power over ego biko? Are you an Ijebu woman? shocked
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Actually that's the wrong way to look at it. Jobs aren't themselves leadership. Leadership is an attitude.

A cleaner can be a person of responsibility or a dependent. It all depends on the person's particular approach to the job. A man who recognizes that would clean like cleaning is the same as directing the affairs of the whole company.

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that when she assumes leads, her softness and natural instinct to comfort goes out the window.

I know what you're saying.

You are changing ya mouth angry that was my point bringing up Joseph and co years back tongue

@ bolded: are you saying that Jesus was not a good leader?

I am sure the CEO can be a loving mother if she wants to. Myles Monroe (RIP) called them different hats... We are different things to different people and behave accordingly to them without losing the essence of our being...

The way you will address your younger brother is different from how you will address your elder bro... It doesn't change who you are

See the different positions as hats we put on....

The male boss who is barking at work might be a gentle lamb with his family... Abacha case in point.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

You see your life? grin

Which power over ego biko? Are you an Ijebu woman? shocked

Might come as one in the next life...

Nna mehn... those are the kind of powers I need
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

You are changing ya mouth angry that was my point bringing up Joseph and co years back tongue

@ bolded: are you saying that Jesus was not a good leader?

I am sure the CEO can be a loving mother if she wants to. Myles Monroe (RIP) called them different hats... We are different things to different people and behave accordingly to them without losing the essence of our being...

The way you will address your younger brother is different from how you will address your elder bro... It doesn't change who you are

See the different positions as hats we put on....

The male boss who is barking at work might be a gentle lamb with his family... Abacha case in point.
grin I'm not changing my mouth biko. I have not said now that leadership is not the defining quality of masculinity. It is. That quality is an attitude. What did I say before biko?

Ehn, how does that even compute biko? What did I say that translates like that?

If she wants to be, abi? grin Ok o. There's a woman that works with Goldman-Sachs that makes me think that that is true. No, she's not the CEO, a director or something like that. I know that it is not impossible. Like I already said. What I have said is that leadership is a masculine, not feminine quality. So a woman has to behave like a man to lead, right? Her softness has to be hidden. She has to harden herself and treat things with an uncharacteristic ruthlessness.

Men will always be gentle with their family. But no man who appreciates the role of manhood in the family is less than firm even when being gentle. I can be crazy and playful with my little nephew and niece. They love playing. But they also know that there's a firm, uncompromising side to me. For some reason they seem to prefer hanging around me. Their dad, my brother, used to tell me that they'd become afraid of me and start avoiding me but they gravitate to me now.

Yes, we may be various things to various people. But manhood will always mean firmness, adventurism, first line of defence. And a woman who wants to lead will have to don that cloak. It is not a feminine one. That's my point.
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by ihedinobi2: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
bukatyne:

Might come as one in the next life...

Nna mehn... those are the kind of powers I need
Woman, thy name is discontent. grin grin grin
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Woman, thy name is discontent.Content grin grin grin

While searching for higher ground
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

grin I'm not changing my mouth biko. I have not said now that leadership is not the defining quality of masculinity. It is. That quality is an attitude. What did I say before biko?

Ehn, how does that even compute biko? What did I say that translates like that?

If she wants to be, abi? grin Ok o. There's a woman that works with Goldman-Sachs that makes me think that that is true. No, she's not the CEO, a director or something like that. I know that it is not impossible. Like I already said. What I have said is that leadership is a masculine, not feminine quality. So a woman has to behave like a man to lead, right? Her softness has to be hidden. She has to harden herself and treat things with an uncharacteristic ruthlessness.

Men will always be gentle with their family. But no man who appreciates the role of manhood in the family is less than firm even when being gentle. I can be crazy and playful with my little nephew and niece. They love playing. But they also know that there's a firm, uncompromising side to me. For some reason they seem to prefer hanging around me. Their dad, my brother, used to tell me that they'd become afraid of me and start avoiding me but they gravitate to me now.

Yes, we may be various things to various people. But manhood will always mean firmness, adventurism, first line of defence. And a woman who wants to lead will have to don that cloak. It is not a feminine one. That's my point.

O zugo
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by Nmeri17: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
eleojo all yo threads arr bookmark worthy!!
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by Druss(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good thread
Re: The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. by SimonStiles: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2018
hey guys, check out on successful marriage management https://www.teachalearner.com/successful-marriage-management/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twins Adorably Recreate Childhood Photo From 20 Years Ago / Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / How Did You Propose To Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.