Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) (10709 Views)

6 Embarrassing Things That Can Happen To You In Class. / PICTURE: Latest Invention For Lazy Students Who Likes To Sleep In Class / YABATECH & Kaduna Polytechnic To Start Awarding Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by ekochris(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am not very good in writing, don't mind my grammar.....but this was what actually happened to me today as I entered the first tertiary institution class for the first time

My First First Day in Class

On Monday 15th December, 2014, I walked briskly past ‘Gossip Centre’ and climbed the stairs to the second floor of the popular “New Building” of College of Business and Management Studies, Kaduna Polytechnic, the largest polytechnic in Africa.

I quickly scanned through the doorposts of the classes and my eye caught ND IA, took a deep breath, opened the door with care bordering on fear – and behold all I could see are multiples of eyes looking at me from all angles.

I quickly scanned through the class looking for a convenient seat, and thank God, behold an empty seat in the last row of the class. As I was walking towards the seat, I heard a resonating baritone voice yelling at me “kai….kaje ka kule kofar” (i.e. hey….go and close the door). Oh! I didn’t close the door properly. I turned round to see who was speaking, I saw one of these real rough, tough guy who looked like a serial bully. I simply complied with his order, I went and locked the door, and started going back to my seat with “all eyes on me”. Those seconds of walking to the seat were the longest 10 seconds of my life.

I went to the seat and sat down, trying to compose myself when one half dark or maybe half fair brunette walked up to me and said “are you from Rukayya…….”. “What?” I replied; and she continued “….shey you are Rukayya’s brother, she told me her brother is coming”. I sighed and told her I have no idea of what she was talking about.

As if that was not enough, the honorable assistant class captain came to me and the following conversation ensued:

She: Are you a new student?
Me: Yes. I was offered admission last week.
She: How are you going to cope? Hope you know exams is only a month away?
Me: By God’s grace.
She: I pity you sha, it’s not going to me easy
(…..what, did I just hear her say pity).

Me: Thanks.
She: Anyways my name is ABC but you can call me XYZ
(at this point I wasn’t listening to her)
Me: I’m Tony.

Everybody in the class were looking at me as if I was trying to convince them that G is for Jesus.
The girl in front of my seat just turned around and told me “We have 2 tests today……Business Maths and Technical English”. At this point, I was beginning to sweat in the cold morning. I’m just resuming today and they are talking about test.
Before I could say Jack Robinson, a young damsel in her mid twenties just walked in, and everybody was like “good morning Ma”. She replied “hope you are all ready for the test?”, I nearly shouted “No”, but my timid voice would be drowned by the overwhelming “Yes” echoing from the four corners of the class.

In my mind I said “so na this fine girl wan come spoil my day with maths test this morning”. Mathematics has not been one of my favorite subjects. The door opened, and a serious-faced guy with dreadlocks (original dada) walked straight in and sat on the same seat with me; he turned and said to me “if you no know wetin you go write, just copy my own”. Very generous of him, I wanted to thank him for his concern, when he added “you are lucky, other people at looking for the opportunity to seat with me”. What!!! Me…..lucky….for seating with him, I just locked up, and moreover I wasn’t planning on copying from anybody before.

So the test came and gone, I went out for break, came out to refresh myself, when I went back for the second lecture, I was accounting, one of my favourite, at least I don’t have to worry much. After the lecturers, it was announced that English won’t be coming for his test today, so I heaved a sigh of relief and left the class.

And so fellas, that was how my first day in tertiary institution class went. For all those who looked down on me in the class, they have not seen the real me; I am coming to take down their balcony.

4 Likes

Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by holatin(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
nice post
Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by grinface98(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Not the best experience but a really nice write-up worthy of an Oscar!
Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by ekochris(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks.....but it was really intimidating grin

1 Like

Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by mumumugu(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Abbookki goes to school

1 Like

Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by ekochris(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
mumumugu:
Abbookki goes to school

Did they teach in your school that every person who schools in the North is an Aboki?? Or did I not mention that my name is Tony

1 Like

Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
ekochris:
I am not very good in writing, don't mind my grammar.....but this was what actually happened to me today as I entered the first tertiary institution class for the first time

On Monday 15th December, 2014, I walked briskly past ‘Gossip Centre’ and climbed the stairs to the second floor of the popular “New Building” of College of Business and Management Studies, Kaduna Polytechnic, the largest polytechnic in Africa.

I quickly scanned through the doorposts of the classes and my eye caught ND IA, took a deep breath, opened the door with care bordering on fear – and behold all I could see are multiples of eyes looking at me from all angles.

I quickly scanned through the class looking for a convenient seat, and thank God, behold an empty seat in the last row of the class. As I was walking towards the seat, I heard a resonating baritone voice yelling at me “kai….kaje ka kule kofar” (i.e. hey….go and close the door). Oh! I didn’t close the door properly. I turned round to see who was speaking, I saw one of these real rough, tough guy who looked like a serial bully. I simply complied with his order, I went and locked the door, and started going back to my seat with “all eyes on me”. Those seconds of walking to the seat were the longest 10 seconds of my life.

I went to the seat and sat down, trying to compose myself when one half dark or maybe half fair brunette walked up to me and said “are you from Rukayya…….”. “What?” I replied; and she continued “….shey you are Rukayya’s brother, she told me her brother is coming”. I sighed and told her I have no idea of what she was talking about.

As if that was not enough, the honorable assistant class captain came to me and the following conversation ensued:

Everybody in the class were looking at me as if I was trying to convince them that G is for Jesus.
The girl in front of my seat just turned around and told me “We have 2 tests today……Business Maths and Technical English”. At this point, I was beginning to sweat in the cold morning. I’m just resuming today and they are talking about test.
Before I could say Jack Robinson, a young damsel in her mid twenties just walked in, and everybody was like “good morning Ma”. She replied “hope you are all ready for the test?”, I nearly shouted “No”, but my timid voice would be drowned by the overwhelming “Yes” echoing from the four corners of the class.

In my mind I said “so na this fine girl wan come spoil my day with maths test this morning”. Mathematics has not been one of my favorite subjects. The door opened, and a serious-faced guy with dreadlocks (original dada) walked straight in and sat on the same seat with me; he turned and said to me “if you no know wetin you go write, just copy my own”. Very generous of him, I wanted to thank him for his concern, when he added “you are lucky, other people at looking for the opportunity to seat with me”. What!!! Me…..lucky….for seating with him, I just locked up, and moreover I wasn’t planning on copying from anybody before.

So the test came and gone, I went out for break, came out to refresh myself, when I went back for the second lecture, I was accounting, one of my favourite, at least I don’t have to worry much. After the lecturers, it was announced that English won’t be coming for his test today, so I heaved a sigh of relief and left the class.

And so fellas, that was how my first day in tertiary institution class went. For all those who looked down on me in the class, they have not seen the real me; I am coming to take down their balcony.

Nice write up

I did ijmb in kadpoly, tudun wada campus.

But didn't finish it. But I applied for FUTminna kadpoly campus. Wil be coming ova to KD this week.

Which campus are u in?
Would love to meet a nairalander.

You can add me on whatsapp with my number in my profile or drop yours. Am felix
Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by sheddo619(m): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
ekochris:

nice wrt up op,am also schooling there, but at barnawa campus would love to meet a fellow nairalander in person
Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by okiezman(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2014
ekochris:

Did they teach in your school that every person who schools in the North is an Aboki?? Or did I not mention that my name is Tony

Northerners answer Tony too
Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by liveyourlife: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Standard School Advise For The Op.

Op, while in school, do not join cults. They will destroy your life.
Do not smoke weed, it will knock your brain.
Do not follow girls. They will finish your money.
In your school, there are Night-Clubs and there are Libraries. Choose wisely.

And if you want to Be Awesome in the New Year,

Join your fellow classmates, who are Organising, Sharing, Communicating
and Collaborating Online around Group-work,
New lecture materials & Learning.

School is S'cool.
Visit http://

2 Likes

Re: My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic) by ekochris(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
efobiugochukwu:

Nice write up

I did ijmb in kadpoly, tudun wada campus.

But didn't finish it. But I applied for FUTminna kadpoly campus. Wil be coming ova to KD this week.

Which campus are u in?
Would love to meet a nairalander.

You can add me on whatsapp with my number in my profile or drop yours. Am felix

Am in CBMS

(1) (Reply)

(federal Poly Nekede ) 2015-2016 Post-utme Form Is Out Call_07016716768 / Jamb Candidates, Share Your Exam Centres Here !!! / Medicine Or Masters After Degree In Anatomy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.