Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry (2084 Views)

Visting Ur Spouse During Working Hours,right Or Wrong? / Visting Ur Spouse During Working Hours,right Or Wrong? / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
No matter how loving you and your spouse are towards each other, there is bound to be disagreement every now and then And as you increase communication with your spouse, arguments will happen.

You may wish you could turn back the clock — over and over again. Hopefully, humour can keep the argument from exploding out of control. If not, misunderstandings and fights tend to occur with greater frequency.

Despite the inevitability of an argument, some things should never be said. Here is a list of 10 of them.

A• “I want a divorce”
While the coals of temper are ablaze, it is easy to say things you do not mean. Asking for divorce, though, even if amends have been made and forgiveness, requested, is a difficult thing to erase. It brings a lack of confidence in one another.

B• “I’m not angry”
If you are not angry, then why are you making snappy remarks, slamming the door, putting her down and pretending that she does not exist? Denying your emotions will not help you in any way. We desire acceptance, and denying your reactions with those that love you is pointless. It is better to control your emotions and talk about what bothers you instead.

C•“You are just like your father!”
When you say this, you are probably talking about your father-in-law’s defects, rather than his good qualities. Besides not seeing your husband for who he really is, this type of statement will immediately make him take the defensive. Think about it. What would you like your child to be doing in a similar situation, when that day arrives?

D• “You are a (insert negative adjective)!”
Name-calling is ugly. Whether it is comparing her with someone you know or making her feel worthless, it will make her feel more vulnerable.

E• “Look, the kids are crying!”
STOP! Before you read any further, always remember: You should never, ever, argue in front of your children. If you use your children to gain advantage in a fight, it will only hurt your kids more.

F• “You are ALWAYS late, You NEVER do the dishes” Be wary of and even remove the words “never” and “always” from your vocabulary when describing something your spouse does that irritates you. By using these words, you show total lack of confidence and hope that your partner even has the desire to change. Never generalize.

G• “It’s all your fault!”
Rarely, in fact, almost never is something, in a marriage, only one partner’s fault. Assume responsibility and recognize your own faults.

H• “You don’t love me anymore!”
There is already plenty of drama to go around, so why add to it by telling your wife how she feels — whether she loves you or not? Respect her feelings. Making yourself the victim, reducing the problem’s importance and avoiding the problem does not resolve anything.

I• “Why don’t you act more like (insert name here)’s husband?”
Do not compare the person you chose to be with to anyone else. You already saw and understood the best and the worst about him before you got married. Besides, if you see someone else looking perfect and desirable, it’s probably only on the outside. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Keep your problem at home.

J• “My mother warned me about this!”
Bringing someone else into the fight is complicated enough as it is. Make that person your mother and the whole situation will probably explode. If you are so devoted to your mother, and if she had warned you about this, then why did you marry your wife in the first place? Most people already don’t like their mother-in-laws, but telling your wife that she is disliked by your mother will only make matters worse

http:///35514/10-things-never-say-spouse-fight/
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Mynd44: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
You should never say anything to anyone while angry not just your partner

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
^^^

Quiet true Mynd44

But, most people still makes these mistakes the op did highlight and it's carried to relationships

Am sure that one of the reasons we have problems in marriages
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Just be dumb thats all

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Mynd44: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
dre11:
^^^

Quiet true Mynd44

But, most people still makes these mistakes the op did highlight and it's carried to relationships

Am sure that one of the reasons we have problems in marriages
Being calm and quiet seems like you are a fool but it saves you a lot of trouble and allows you see things in perspective?

4 Likes

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mynd44:

Being calm and quiet seems like you are a fool but it saves you a lot of trouble and allows you see things in perspective?

Well said

But, these are qualities that we do find lacking in alot of people during confrontation and argument.

They seems to exhibit the other side of them (animals instincts) during This times
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Mynd44: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
dre11:

Well said

But, these are qualities that we do find lacking in alot of people during confrontation and argument.

They seems to exhibit the other side of them (animals instincts) during This times
And then they come back to blame their anger when the harm has been done
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
Just be dumb thats all

I hope so
It's easier said than done

That's to me it's one attributes of good manners
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by anthoniaz(f): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
God help me smiley
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mynd44:

And then they come back to blame their anger when the harm has been done

There are alot of negative words one said when he/she is angry

But, in any relationship..... Their are bound to be times we get angry.. .. But, let's refrain our tongue from speaking ills or negative about the other person
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by okotv(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
when it becomes tough or tempers flare... I just run ....call me a coward I don't really care
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by MizMyColi(f): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mynd44:

smiley
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mynd44:
You should never say anything to anyone while angry not just your partner

Easier said than done.
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
anthoniaz:
God help me smiley

Then you work towards it
It's not just prayers.. .... It takes a lot of work from you to be the best that you can be.....

Because as carefreewannabe says.. .....
It's easier said than donesmiley

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
okotv:
when it becomes tough or tempers flare... I just run ....call me a coward I don't really care

Not letting it get to that stage is what we should be preventing.........
Because when it did get.. .....

Sometimes what we said might not come to work because at that stage we are moved by emotion and not reasoning
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by okotv(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
dre11:

Not letting it get to that stage is what we should be preventing.........
Because when it did get.. .....

Sometimes what we said might not come to work because at that stage we are moved by emotion and not reasoning
you can't stop some situations, managing it without getting hurt should then be the major priority.
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
okotv:
you can't stop some situations, managing it without getting hurt should then be the major priority.

Sure
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by okotv(m): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
dre11:

Sure

wish I could throw my military skills around but its for federal criminals sha.

nice thread dear....keep it up
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 12:09am On Dec 16, 2014
okotv:
wish I could throw my military skills around but its for federal criminals sha.

nice thread dear....keep it up

Thanks smiley ...

We need to share knowledge, because it makes us a better human
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by okotv(m): 12:17am On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:

Thanks smiley ...

We need to share knowledge, because it makes us a better human
yea...we do need to

ignorance is a disease
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by anthoniaz(f): 12:43am On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:

Then you work towards it
It's not just prayers.. .... It takes a lot of work from you to be the best that you can be.....

I'm working seriously on it wink smiley
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by KanwuliaJara: 2:16am On Dec 16, 2014
I HAVE SAID THEM ALL. . .and we still dey KAMKPEEEEEEEEEEEE! cheesy
I don cuss im MAMA and PAPA sef! lipsrsealed

After ranting. . .GET OVER YOURSELVES!
Simple! kiss
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Someone told me that its not only what you do that can make or break a marriage . . . .its what you say!!!
I try hard not to talk when I am angry . . .its difficult though but if you put your mind to it, its possible.

1 Like

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by dre11(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2014
^^^

Quotes.. ...

What you put your mind and energy to becomes easy to accomplish

Chaircover.... 2014
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by jaybee3(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2014
chaircover:
Someone told me that its not only what you do that can make or break a marriage . . . .its what you say!!!
I try hard not to talk when I am angry . . .its difficult though but if you put your mind to it, its possible.
I bet you just put a sheercover in da mouth to stop errm venom from coming out
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2014
jaybee3:

I bet you just put a sheercover in da mouth to stop errm venom from coming out

Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Mynd44: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Lmao @ Jaybee and CC
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:
^^^

Quotes.. ...

Chaircover.... 2014

LOL cheesy
Re: Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Spouse During A Fight/when Angry by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:

Then you work towards it

But it is worth trying. wink

(1) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Husband To Death At Their Home (PHOTOS) / How Do You Settle Disagreements As A Couple? / What Could Be Wrong? ManMen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.