Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To (46710 Views)

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram Army Comma. Writes A Powerful Letter To GEJ / Why We Can’t Defeat Boko Haram – Army Commander / “why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram”- Army Commander Writes A Letter To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by IKJ66(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2014
Kirinwa:

If the survival of Nigeria means nothing to you then may you not see 2015.
................holy ghost fire !!!!!!!!
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Feraz(m): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2014
IKJ66:
do I look like a nigerian ??
You're more retar.ded than I thought. Apologies sire!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by IKJ66(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2014
yoged:
if your papa or your elderly ones is among the soldiers. You won't say that trash. . No wonder, see his face like boko boiz. grin
.........lolz !!!!!
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by IKJ66(m): 7:09am On Dec 16, 2014
yomi007k:

Continue dey "story for the gods" until dem go blow out ur intestines.
Then e go turn "story for the humans"

...blackman, smh.
...........u guyz want to crucify me cause of my comment buh I tell you is only we that are close to them that know what's going on,as an army officer I know exactly what's up buh no be my mouth una Go hear !!!!!!
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2014
IKJ66:
STORY FOR THE gODS
Shut your mouth if you have nothing to say. When this issue spills people like you won't even have a phone to post ignorantly on the Internet.

Every single institution in Nigeria is corrupt even the Nigeria Medical Association that should be saving lives is so corrupt and human lives mean nothing to them.

Everybody wants to become an overnight billionaire, no dignity in labour anymore.

If the president and those around him choose to make a nonsense of this issue then the man has no reason being in government anymore. At this point, the Nigerian Army needs someone that can relate with them on the same terms and not a pure civilian president that has no military experience.

I stand to gain a lot from Mr. President returning to office but I will prefer someone with military experience running this country or Mr. President should exert his constitutional power as commander in chief and call the Nigerian Army together. All generals living above their means must be called to order and the indiscriminate persecution of innocent soldiers stopped at once.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by IKJ66(m): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2014
blink182:
Shut your mouth if you have nothing to say. When this issue spills people like you won't even have a phone to post ignorantly on the Internet.

Every single institution in Nigeria is corrupt even the Nigeria Medical Association that should be saving lives is so corrupt and human lives mean nothing to them.

Everybody wants to become an overnight billionaire, no dignity in labour anymore.

If the president and those around him choose to make a nonsense of this issue then the man has no reason being in government anymore. At this point, the Nigerian Army needs someone that can relate with them on the same terms and not a pure civilian president that has no military experience.

I stand to gain a lot from Mr. President returning to office but I will prefer someone with military experience running this country or Mr. President should exert his constitutional power as commander in chief and call the Nigerian Army together. All generals living above their means must be called to order and the indiscriminate persecution of innocent soldiers stopped at once.
................######prostrating#######. No vex
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sorextee(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2014
And he will set another committee, to probe the 69 Man committee. Let's see how 2015 will go.
holatin:
Even Jonathan knows some of this.
But that is not his problem for now.
2015 election is d only thing on his mind.
let him win then he will set 69 Man committee.

Buhari for change
Buhari for President
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by bleufaucon: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2014
fitzmayowa:
This is not a secret, every nigerian knows the top brass of the nigerian army are corrupt...

Imagine a GOC locking himself up in his office while sending troops to die, just to continue "eating" the money meant for the gallant soldiers...and yet the same corrupt army chiefs court marshal troops for desertion

I see no reason why badeh, minimah and rest have not been ordered by the C in C to relocate to chibok,konduga and other cities captured by BH and stay there until BH is defeated...since they are more interested in stealing than winning the war...SMH

What do you say about democrats the world over who send soldiers(the very young) to go and die in wars while they sit in the comfort of their homes,offices.hotels
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by chocmanne(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2014
IKJ66:
STORY FOR THE gODS
smh..... may God forgive you
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by olayincar(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2014
tonte:
It's God that's going to fight the war?

If God be for US(Nigeria)
who can be against us? Nobody
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by stteejax(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2014
If Sahara reporters writes about Apc nd buhari...they are wrong Or It's a fake news...but wen they write abt pdp nd Gej...It's welcomed...Nigerians nd their way of thinking...God help us all....we want change...I want change...not Jonathan... definitely not buhari....If u want change..I repeat .If u truly want change...then u would seek for sm1 new..not d old cargoes dat av damaged our country years b4 we Were born....
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by BobNeli(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2014
IKJ66:
STORY FOR THE gODS
U are such an empty brain. A trivial issue of such magnitude on and all u can say is story for the gods. If bokoharam gets to ur domot, I dnt think it will still remain story for the gods.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by chocmanne(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2014
alphawg:
Propaganda. They ARE well funded but some top ranks are diverting the funds.
common sense is not common.....didn't he mention that
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by IdomaLikita: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2014
What is Leadership without Accountability?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Gej till 2019 ryt
Mtswww. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by jpphilips(m): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2014
FuckOFF:

Baseless and useless FACT.

BH Was projected to tarnish Jonathan's administration by all means.

They want to take power by all means because their damm oil block will be 50 years in 2015 which is the year it will expire, now they are frustrated and don't know what to do anymore.

*GO and tell your dried fish open teeth to order his boys to be in order and stop killing innocent Nigerians".

I hope you remeber what he was saying in 20111 "boote me, boote me, boote me
" and later as he failed, he said That "Blood will flow on Nigerian soil which is happening today".

DEVILS - God will punish you people for putting Nigeria to this mess.

I thought I was even talking to an adult
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Mamaseventies: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2014
VellyG:
Fabricated story.. Lies everywhere. This method of campaigning is simply not the best for the good of this country. APC is power hungry doing every thing they can to get into Aso rock.

Dis is no fabrication and no one is campaigning here. You are the one compaigning.
What dis officer did will cost him a lot.
ThanK God he was bold to come out with the truth.
Corruption is the order of the day.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by shomutuski(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
The problem can be solved through wiping out the generation of boko haram with a massive BOMB... Since boko haram refuse to repent, jonathan should get to work and wipe out their generation from the face of the earth.... No mercy...
TENKS...
GREATEST FOOL!!! I hail oh!!! See as you display stupidity in the best way... Wiping Boko haram with Atomic bomb as you said remain the least option federal government will embark because of the disastrous implication.. Seems to me you lacking scientific knowledge, I absolutely don't mind sharing with you.. 1. Atomic bomb involves nuclear fission + Uranium. Which means it won't only scatter the whole north, only small parts of lagos will be left existing. 2. The aftermath of the effect will turn Nigeria into a nuclear junkyard no survivors, not even a single butterfly will survive the radioactive dust. 3. It will drive nigeria into a state of anarchy..
Pls when next you want to give opinion, Make sure you think ineptly so as not to open that ass on ur face to speak jargons...
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by OLADD: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2014
alaladakosta:
Bad, more reason why we need buhari
[color=#006600][/color]

What a brain! You mean Buhari who could not prevent a mere palace coup staged against him by IBB despite knowing about it beforehand? What Democratic credential does he possess to tackle insurgents who apparently enjoy the backing of northern oligarchy? I wonder how some Buhari apologists like you think.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by alexlee50: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2014
alaladakosta:
Bad, more reason why we need buhari
what would buhari do? Is he going to be the coas?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sadlas(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
The problem can be solved through wiping out the generation of boko haram with a massive BOMB... Since boko haram refuse to repent, jonathan should get to work and wipe out their generation from the face of the earth.... No mercy...
TENKS...
How can u wipe what u can never create?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sarutobie(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
torhuke:
Although I support Goodluck Jonathan's reelection bid, the truth is that everything written by that soldier had been told to me by my cousin who is now at home nd has vowed never to return to the Nigerian Army. He said the army authorities were using them to make money. He told me that he managed to escape an attack by the BH members and he ran out of maiduguri immediately and vowed never to return. He said over 50 soldiers died in that attack and that about 70 of them escaped from that territory back to their families. Many of them have returned to maiduguri after their salaries was stopped but many of them also have vowed never to return to that war zone because their commanders are making money while the rank and file die on the war fronts. He said the last attack that made him decide to become a runaway soldier was the 6th attack and that in all of the attacks, they lost at least 3 soldiers. He spent 1 year and 9 months in maiduguri and was part of the multinational task force which included the Chadian, Cameroonian and nigerien military. He said the cammerounians started to withdraw their troops from the multinational task force because of the attitude of Nigerian military authorities who are just bent on making money from the war. He said the president has tried and that the president has released enuf funds to crush Boko haram but the military authorities buy few old and archaic weapons and embezzle the rest of the money. He infact said that the military authorities especially those of the northern stock do not want the war to end because they are making money from it. He has vowed never to leave the military saying not even his mother can make him go back. As at the last count, I know 17 soldiers (within the rank of private and corporal) who are alive but having gone and see how their generals and colonels feed fat from the war while their colleagues die, they have decided to become runaway soldiers and they have wittily parked out of the barracks and relocated to places that is far from their barracks to rent apartments where they hope to start a new life. 2 of this 17 are related to me and they have both spent close to 2 years in borno and Niger republic border with Nigeria. They say they are lucky to be alive. They ran away not because they are not ready to die for their country but because their authorities are making money from this insurgency and they are dieing because they are ill equipped. His account has been blocked already even though he is yet to take the stipends paid into the account while he was still at the war front. He said they pay them 30,000 naira per month apart from their salaries. 30,000 naira per month means 1,000 naira per day for facing death on a daily basis and when u die at they war front, the corpse of some soldiers who died were not even buried by the army. They were left for vultures to feed on. Even when their CO complains, he is court natialed. He said their former CO is facing court matial because he asked his troops to retreat when they ran out of ammunition while facing Boko hatam. But the militar authority wouldn't hear that. They prefer 200 soldiers die so that salaries and allowances meant for them would go into their personal accounts.

This is sad but it is the truth.

The president needs to do something about this asap. I don't know how he would do it but Nigerian army needs an emergency attention.
we have always known it! The president has channelled a lot of money and resources needed for other sectors of the economy into fighting the war against the Muslim jihadist in the north.He has done everything a civilian president should do, He has given the military top dogs the trust and 'go ahead' order to do what they were trained to do..and they have performed below par...if this post is anything to go by, then it means removing the COAS from a southern stock (in the mould of ihejirika) was a grave miscalculation. To hell with their cries of genocide!

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by alexlee50: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
I don't believe a General, in the nigerian army wrote this.As a general, there are other channels and means he could have used in channeling the fraustrations of the troops in the north east without making it public,and exposing himself thereby jeopardising his career.two, the article is filled with a lot of grammatical errors.now, I do not dispute the fact that this story may be true, its likely written by a junior officer.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sadlas(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2014
stteejax:
If Sahara reporters writes about Apc nd buhari...they are wrong Or It's a fake news...but wen they write abt pdp nd Gej...It's welcomed...Nigerians nd their way of thinking...God help us all....we want change...I want change...not Jonathan... definitely not buhari....If u want change..I repeat .If u truly want change...then u would seek for sm1 new..not d old cargoes dat av damaged our country years b4 we Were born....
damaged ur country years b4 u were born? Russ may be your storyteller told u lies
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by EchuaA: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2014
If d president had visited dis troop secretly he would av gotten first hand information, but he failed, dat is y his commanding officer ar towing his line and he has no moral authority to caution dem cos he is d leader and C n C. U lead as u want others 2lead. Once Sanusi wrote a letter 2d President, it was leaked 2d press, den OBJ, now military Commander, dis tell us one tin, der r saboteurs who do not want d President 2succeed and he calls dem friends and allies. He is 2scared 2bring dem 2justice.
May God save us from d hands of dis evil men
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Scholes007(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2014
i dont believe it is written by any commander...this might be a fabrication from some villains who are taking joy in hearing or causing negative news to the army...
There are after your life but you disclosed the unit you are commanding through an unsafe channel...if true the letter itself is an act of saboteurage
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by MARKone(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2014
bleufaucon:

What do you say about democrats the world over who send soldiers(the very young) to go and die in wars while they sit in the comfort of their homes,offices.hotels

Is it the function of the "democrats" to take up Arms and fight wars, that is the duty of any Country's Armed forces. That is they oath they have taken, to serve and protect. Unfortunately our own top military brass is to serve and chop everything. I still don't know what the COAS, and the CDS Alex Badeh is still doing in Abuja, they should have relocated to the NE a very long time ago. My brother what the CO wrote is correct and true, the whole system is riddled with corruption and our C-in-C is not helping matters, how many times has he visited our troops in the NE, if not for any other thing, for words of encouragement, he couldn't even travel down to Chibok. Let's all wait and see how he follows up on this one.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by holatin(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2014
sorextee:
And he will set another committee, to probe the 69 Man committee. Let's see how 2015 will go.
watching in 9D
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by holatin(m): 8:43am On Dec 16, 2014
Sunbellar:

Mr. Seun, this issue should be treated with utmost attention. I advice you strictly warn that MOD to avert such complaints.

Thank you.

Good luck till 2019!

hmmmmmmmmm

Buhari for change
Buhari for ptesident
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by yerimastyle(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2014
I know Dis is coming from Sahara no good news has ever been reported on this media network .doomed saharah

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Different Types Of Signatures & What They Can Say About Your Personailty / How Much Does Okada Riders Deliver daily In Your Area / See The Snake That Was Killed Inside My Friend's Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.