Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,203 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost (7518 Views)

How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. / List Of Jobs I Come Across / Recent Jobs I Came Across (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Godmother(f): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2014
OP,

Pray, fast and do regular studies of the Word. Once you have the spiritual aspect settled , then is the time to improve other aspects. You alone can tell why you were not taken for those interviews. It may be that you need to make one or two minor improvements in certain aspects of your life.

1 Like

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
I need someone to encourage me after realizing the various interviews I have lost ranging from consolidation brewery tax department , farm mart interview , first bank , Jumia , Airtel and some audit firms including the numerous test I have failed and passed. It seems village people are firing me balistic under sea nuclear warheads.
Keep going. Their loss. Someone who appreciates your value will find you.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by CHM11: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
I need someone to encourage me after realizing the various interviews I have lost ranging from consolidation brewery tax department , farm mart interview , first bank , Jumia , Airtel and some audit firms including the numerous test I have failed and passed. It seems village people are firing me balistic under sea nuclear warheads.
Brother, as regards these companies you mentioned here, you are not alone. We know them to always conduct tests, interviews et al without employing, consolidated breweries is even worse, they will make you offer and never call you to resume. Add Access bank, GE, NNPC and halliburton to the list.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by tonychristopher: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
I know sir because I am partially an entrepreneur but just having some flashback on some applications I have lost. I am doing something that doesn't relate to my field of accounting but I am of the view that the certificate cant just waste like that after spending sleepless night and burning candles to obtain 2.1.

your are right but mind you dont be decieved with the certificate, I am an igbo dude and certificates is worth paper that you cant even take to bank as a collateral. Now do know that anybody can be accounts officer, what anybody cant be is you. You have to do SWOP analysis and know your key area

You will not be successful in life if you are looking at been enterpreanu and at the same time want to get a paid job

bro, i might be harsh but you cant serve two masters at a time, that is life. IF YOU WANT A JOB, FOCUS ON IT NETWORK ON IT AND YOU WILL GET A JOB, IF you want to be a businessman be focused...you will make it

i will advise you, go be an enterprenua, we are working, but we are looking at ways to leave paid jobs you are rushing in

wish you luck
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by luvola(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

your are right but mind you dont be decieved with the certificate, I am an igbo dude and certificates is worth paper that you cant even take to bank as a collateral. Now do know that anybody can be accounts officer, what anybody cant be is you. You have to do SWOP analysis and know your key area

You will not be successful in life if you are looking at been enterpreanu and at the same time want to get a paid job

bro, i might be harsh but you cant serve two masters at a time, that is life. IF YOU WANT A JOB, FOCUS ON IT NETWORK ON IT AND YOU WILL GET A JOB, IF you want to be a businessman be focused...you will make it

i will advise you, go be an enterprenua, we are working, but we are looking at ways to leave paid jobs you are rushing in

wish you luck
I wish to be an entrepreneur and also working on a paid job in order to have multiple streams of income.. One cannot be rich by depending on just one source of income . In addition to that , my BS.C cannot just waste like that because I know what I went through to get that certificate.. The struggle continue bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by sanmibukunmi: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmmmmm I understand you my brother....last week I went for this Kpmg test and today I got the result dt I faile.....it was like a huge blow cos I don't fink I failed 2ru out my school days. Now that am through, I was hit with a fail in my first apptitude test....men am really scared I always tot school life was hard am beginning to think graduate life is harder...may God help us O‎​º°˚˚˚°º
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by tonychristopher: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
I wish to be an entrepreneur and also working on a paid job in order to have multiple streams of income.. One cannot be rich by depending on just one source of income . In addition to that , my BS.C cannot just waste like that because I know what I went through to get that certificate.. The struggle continue bro.

You just dont get it...one of the principle of success in life is focus and determination, you are losing focus or both bro

IF YOU WANT TO BE A WORKER OR WHAT THEY CALL WAGE SLAVE, SALARY EARNER FOCUS ON IT

BRO, IF YOU WANT TO DO YOUR OWN THING FOCUS + DERTMINE TO DO IT

In life nobody sits on the fence
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
It also helps to volunteer your skills in the mean time, especially considering you have another source of income. That way you build on experience.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by olatricia(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
nice thread. I think its a combo of both spiritual and physical. you must be up to the task in terms of grade, composure, preparedness and technical competence and at the same time not leaving out the God factor. am also unemployed but after each interview am better off than the last. and I know someday I'll be there. I remember my first approve test ever, when I saw the result I cried, but now it's a different story.... the latest I wrote, I was invited for the second stage.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
I am trying my best within my own jurisdiction.
Jurisdiction? And you wonder why you fail interviews ?

1 Like

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by olatricia(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
olatricia:
nice thread. I think its a combo of both spiritual and physical. you must be up to the task in terms of grade, composure, preparedness and technical competence and at the same time not leaving out the God factor. am also unemployed but after each interview am better off than the last. and I know someday I'll be there. I remember my first aptitude test ever, when I saw the result I cried, but now it's a different story.... the latest I wrote, I was invited for the second stage.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
sanmibukunmi:
Hmmmmmm I understand you my brother....last week I went for this Kpmg test and today I got the result dt I faile.....it was like a huge blow cos I don't fink I failed 2ru out my school days. Now that am through, I was hit with a fail in my first apptitude test....men am really scared I always tot school life was hard am beginning to think graduate life is harder...may God help us O‎​º°˚˚˚°º

Kpmg?? Never knew their result is out. Did you write ur test at Ikeja or their head office in V.I?
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by sanmibukunmi: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
adeaks:

Kpmg?? Never knew their result is out. Did you write ur test at Ikeja or their head office in V.I?
VI....Check ur mail
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

VI....Check ur mail

Thats weird. I wrote in Ikeja the week before you wrote yours. Don't know why they are yet to reply. Maybe they are not yet replying those of us that wrote at chams city. Did they indicate your score in d email?
I hope you also registered for PWC grad program
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by sanmibukunmi: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
adeaks:

Thats weird. I wrote in Ikeja the week before you wrote yours. Don't know why they are yet to reply. Maybe they are not yet replying those of us that wrote at chams city. Did they indicate your score in d email?
I hope you also registered for PWC grad program
Nope they didn't indicate and I applied for Pwc.....but after d test D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ told us abit abt d company and I can vividly remember the man telling us that D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have just 2 offices in Nigeria, one in lag and d other in Abj.....av always tot D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ had one in ikeja too so I was surprised wen he said D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ had only 2 offices and only one in Lagos...
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by kheart(m): 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bros it shall be well, keep trying.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by luvola(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Billyonaire:
Jurisdiction? And you wonder why you fail interviews ?
i
e I am trying my best and improving everyday
. The issue of village people was just for fun.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
luvola:
i
e I am trying my best and improving everyday
. The issue of village people was just for fun.
Dress sharp and improve your grammar. Do not watch African Magic, watch Sky News and pick a little british accent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by luvola(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Billyonaire:
Dress sharp and improve your grammar. Do not watch African Magic, watch Sky News and pick a little british accent.
Thank you and God bless for the strategic advice.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

Nope they didn't indicate and I applied for Pwc.....but after d test D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ told us abit abt d company and I can vividly remember the man telling us that D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have just 2 offices in Nigeria, one in lag and d other in Abj.....av always tot D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ had one in ikeja too so I was surprised wen he said D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ had only 2 offices and only one in Lagos...

They don't have an office in Ikeja. The Ikeja own is done by Dragnet. It was CBT sha. I guess the one you guys did was written. Did you guys write an essay after d test? I just got an email from them asking me to come write an essay at their head office in VI but I have asked for a reschedule.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for PWC. Their test should start soon.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Joe82834(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
adeaks:

They don't have an office in Ikeja. The Ikeja own is done by Dragnet. It was CBT sha. I guess the one you guys did was written. Did you guys write an essay after d test? I just got an email from them asking me to come write an essay at their head office in VI but I have asked for a reschedule.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for PWC. Their test should start soon.
Sorry but when did you guys apply for these kpmg and pwc stuffs. I really need to follow up so as to atleast give myself a shot at the job by first writing the aptitude test. Wrote my first aptitude for NBC via Dragnet and thank God I was called for interview and am expecting to hear from them.
The key I think is to keep believing cos God is able
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by moneyspeaking: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
sanmibukunmi:

please how is the test like? what are the components of the test. thx
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Joe82834:

Sorry but when did you guys apply for these kpmg and pwc stuffs. I really need to follow up so as to atleast give myself a shot at the job by first writing the aptitude test. Wrote my first aptitude for NBC via Dragnet and thank God I was called for interview and am expecting to hear from them.
The key I think is to keep believing cos God is able

PWC's graduate recruitment has closed to d best of my knowledge. Kpmg is always open. You can send your Cv to their email at any time and they will invite you to write their test. Alternatively you can go their website and apply for their graduate recruitment program there.

Congrats on scaling NBC's aptitude test. Wishing u a successful feedback in d interview bro.

You have said it all. God is indeed able. One can only try one's best. God's grace and favor will continually speak for us.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Ghost01(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
OP, no one from your village is involved o. It's just basic economics - the law of demand and supply - at work. You're not alone in the mess, I am too. It doesn't mean you're not good enough. It's (only) a pointer to the obvious - 300 persons chasing just 10 slots; at the end of the day, 290 applicants will still be dropped. BTW, the thread makes one laugh. Lolz. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by luvola(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2014
Ghost01:
OP, no one from your village is involved o. It's just basic economics - the law of demand and supply - at work. You're not alone in the mess, I am too. It doesn't mean you're not good enough. It's (only) a pointer to the obvious - 300 persons chasing just 10 slots; at the end of the day, 290 applicants will still be dropped. BTW, the thread makes one laugh. Lolz. grin grin grin
Iyaff tired.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Ghost01(m): 12:32am On Dec 17, 2014
luvola:
Iyaff tired.
Pele.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by rbjimoh: 6:17am On Dec 17, 2014
@OP, you have to hold on to that rope of courage and continue to strive, for everyone who has been tru the process tell not palatable stories. In my time, I wrote and passed several stages of tests and interviews of NDIC, NCAA, Firstbank, Unilever, WEMA Bank, Coca-cola, Nigerian Breweries, Vigeo, and many more I cannot now remember, but no positive result came out of all this. When it eventually came after four long years of search, it was like a miracle and from a place I least expected.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by otimothy(m): 6:19am On Dec 17, 2014
lol......bro once you realise there is nofin dat happens without the consent of God,nofin any winchy winchy go do.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Joe82834(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
adeaks:

PWC's graduate recruitment has closed to d best of my knowledge. Kpmg is always open. You can send your Cv to their email at any time and they will invite you to write their test. Alternatively you can go their website and apply for their graduate recruitment program there.

Congrats on scaling NBC's aptitude test. Wishing u a successful feedback in d interview bro.

You have said it all. God is indeed able. One can only try one's best. God's grace and favor will continually speak for us.
Tanx bro n amen
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Koffies(f): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
Luvola, I've seen you on a thread before oo, I think it should be kpmg's. I got dropped at the partner level interview and you can't even imagine how depressing it was getting that far and being dropped but I knew I am employable to have even gotten that far with them. I won't say you shouldn't pray or fast or whatnot but I'll suggest things you could do to better yourself. I noticed a lady (beauf, not sure of the spelling) asked you one question and you answered something else, she even hinted you that you didn't answer her question. Perhaps you could work on comprehending things so you'll understand what each interview question actually demands of you. Many times, we feel we've said something while we've not even brushed the question. It also never hurts to improve your confidence level and grammar. Don't use big words if you're not sure of their meaning or if they fit that context.
I've had more recent disappointments sef asides kpmg. I failed Access bank's test by one mark and I was telling my mum that my village people have a hand in my case. Looool but I think I didn't prepare well enough. I'd rather be realistic than depress myself with thoughts of existence of village people. Anyway, find something doing asides your online retail business. Volunteer at a small audit firm or whatever firm you deem fit. I got a small job to manage till my breakthrough comes too and my original intention was to volunteer at the firm without pay but the MD gave me an offer letter instead and though the salary is small, things will get better.

3 Likes

Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by luvola(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
Koffies:
Luvola, I've seen you on a thread before oo, I think it should be kpmg's. I got dropped at the partner level interview and you can't even imagine how depressing it was getting that far and being dropped but I knew I am employable to have even gotten that far with them. I won't say you shouldn't pray or fast or whatnot but I'll suggest things you could do to better yourself. I noticed a lady (beauf, not sure of the spelling) asked you one question and you answered something else, she even hinted you that you didn't answer her question. Perhaps you could work on comprehending things so you'll understand what each interview question actually demands of you. Many times, we feel we've said something while we've not even brushed the question. It also never hurts to improve your confidence level and grammar. Don't use big words if you're not sure of their meaning or if they fit that context.
I've had more recent disappointments sef asides kpmg. I failed Access bank's test by one mark and I was telling my mum that my village people have a hand in my case. Looool but I think I didn't prepare well enough. I'd rather be realistic than depress myself with thoughts of existence of village people. Anyway, find something doing asides your online retail business. Volunteer at a small audit firm or whatever firm you deem fit. I got a small job to manage till my breakthrough comes too and my original intention was to volunteer at the firm without pay but the MD gave me an offer letter instead and though the salary is small, things will get better.
I attended an interview on Thursday so the struggle continue.
Re: Sobbing After Looking At Various Jobs I Have Lost by Koffies(f): 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
luvola:
I attended an interview on Thursday so the struggle continue.

All the best dear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Partners Jobberman To Create More Jobs From AfCFTA / Please How True Is This Job Interview / How Much Does Renmoney MFB Pay Their Sales Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.