Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Dont You Believe??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Dont You Believe??? (665 Views)

Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / Voodoo: Do You Believe In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont You Believe??? by johnydon22(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is a question to all theist.... why dont you believe in zeus, osiris, sango and other gods
Re: Why Dont You Believe??? by lafflaff123(m): 1:37am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Why Dont You Believe??? by lafflaff123(m): 1:47am On Dec 16, 2014
I am a Christian(not born again), but sometimes even me i question some stuff in the Christendom, especially as an African.

So before the Europeans came and taught us about Christianity, where did all Africans who had not heard of Christianity go to after death? what about those that had not heard of God too in other parts of the world die and go to? who wrote the bible? was it not men like us that wrote it? and it was passed from generation to generation?

If the Koran, which calls God Allah. Allows people to blow themselves up and still go to Heaven where 7 Virgins are waiting for them, i mean this same Heaven we Christians aspire to go to, or is the Heaven for Muslims different from those of Christians?

I can go on and on with a million question, but my faith in God is strong. And that's why i don't blame these Atheist for not believing in anything, as anybody that is intelligent can pick holes both in the Koran and the Bible.

But the Christians have a way out of boxing themselves into a corner when asked these question, and that is the WAYS OF OUR LORD IS NOT THE WAYS OF MAN. And with that all Christians usually stop questioning.
Re: Why Dont You Believe??? by BrightEye(m): 2:21am On Dec 16, 2014
I would believe it, as long as it is deep, natural and in harmony with my instinct.
Re: Why Dont You Believe??? by johnydon22(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2014
lafflaff123:
I am a Christian(not born again), but sometimes even me i question some stuff in the Christendom, especially as an African.

So before the Europeans came and taught us about Christianity, where did all Africans who had not heard of Christianity go to after death? what about those that had not heard of God too in other parts of the world die and go to? who wrote the bible? was it not men like us that wrote it? and it was passed from generation to generation?

If the Koran, which calls God Allah. Allows people to blow themselves up and still go to Heaven where 7 Virgins are waiting for them, i mean this same Heaven we Christians aspire to go to, or is the Heaven for Muslims different from those of Christians?

I can go on and on with a million question, but my faith in God is strong. And that's why i don't blame these Atheist for not believing in anything, as anybody that is intelligent can pick holes both in the Koran and the Bible.

But the Christians have a way out of boxing themselves into a corner when asked these question, and that is the WAYS OF OUR LORD IS NOT THE WAYS OF MAN. And with that all Christians usually stop questioning.

Before the eurpeans came to africa.. africa had her own religion, gods and belief. . .them europeans did many magical things like medicine, better clothes, gun n others. . . they came here nt for africa but her resources both human n natural resources.
they knew the only way to do it was religion.
they told africa that our own gods and belief were demonic and that the god they brought was better. we abandoned our ways and followed them, embraced them. you all know what happened afterwards many of us were sold into slavery and our natural resources looted.
now Mother africa the cradle of life is fast getting lost. we av forgotten our root and if we dont seek it now we may loose it forever.
most african people old n young cant recall their generation past their grandfather but they can recall the genalogy of jesus down to david and from david to ruth.
when are we going to wake and think for ourselves??

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Watchtower Dishonesty Regarding Trinity / ★Mormons Chat Thread / (OPINION) Do U Think God Almighty Knows Where His Children Will End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.