Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! (7347 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by austinvsb1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
[b]I think this is APC's masterstroke! The best choice Tinubu can make. For those of you who didn't know Yemi Osinbajo, here is his CV and the political calculation that won him the VP ticket.

(1) Yemi Osibanjo, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and a Senior Partner in
the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners. He is a Nigerian professor of Public law, former Solicitor General and Antorney-General of Lagos State, Nigeria during Tinubu's administration. He was rumoured to have owed his nomination into Tinubu's cabinet to RCCG church by Pastor Adeboye.

(2) He is currently senior pastor in RCCG and one of the right hand men of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye. He's been a member of his official entourage for years now and he was Tinubu's pick for the proposed merger between ACN& CPC in 2011 b4 d merger crumbled. The proposed merger crumbled because Buhari refused to substitute Pst. Tunde Bakare (who was already his VP candidate) for Osinbajo (Tinubu's candidate). Tinubu's camp felt CPC can't have both d president and VP slot to themselves and still be talking merger. Hence Tinubu was rumoured to have struck a secret a secret pact with Jonathan that saw SW vote diverted to PDP. And pls note few days after d alliance deal collapsed; either by co-incidence or delibrate political power play, Jonathan appeared at Redemption Camp and Pastor Adeboye wittingly or unwittingly endorsed GEJ by laying his hand on him in that popular 'photo op' that spread like wildfire in 2011. It was there at the redemption camp that night that the Presidency was won and the king was crowned. Believe it or not that photo of GEJ kneeling down and Baba Adegboye laying hands on him swung d vote of the christian community for GEJ. Either by ommission or commission d rumour spread like wild-fire thereafter that GEJ was God's choice, cest-fini! Buhari's fate was doomed.

Now let's analysis this scenerio with the emergence of Akinwunmi Ambode another RCCG member as APC's gubernatorial candidate for 2015. It was rumoured as far back as four years ago; immediately after Fashola's 2nd term victory that CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) will no longer back a muslim candidate after the tenure of Fashola. It was reported (either rightly or wrongly) that Tinubu personally assured Pst. Adeboye that he will make sure his next candidate would be a christian. The news circulated for months and years leading to the APC gubernatorial primaries. A year b4, all eyes began to turn towards a certain Akinwunmi Ambode, an RCCG member and a cabinet member of Fashola's APC goverment. It was further rumoured that Tinubu was said to have told Baba Adegboye that " Why look further for a Christian candidate when I have your son Akinwunmi Ambode a member of your church in Fashola's cabinet? We can make him d Governor." True or false as d rumour is, few months later that young man; Akinwunmi Ambode emerged APC's gubernatorial candidate and Tinubu went to great extent to virtually installed him against Fashola's choice of Hamzat.

Now, how does this affect 2015 election? The king will surely be crowned in RCCG for sure. Tinubu has given RCCG and Pst Adeboye a Governorship candidate and a VP candidate for sure and that rightly nullify PDP's propaganda that APC is an Islamic party and also wipes Buhari's image as an Islamic fundamentalist. Don't be so naïve either to think RCCG will be neutral in dis battle. Baba Adeboye and RCCG will not abandon his own men particular his right hand man and protege Pastor Osinbajo for a certain Goodluck Ebele Joe. If there's one man who might likely get d hand laying 'photo op' endorsement this year at redemption camp, it is not likely to be Goodluck Ebele Joe, neither is it Buhari because he won't likely be there in d first place because it is akin to expecting OBJ or GEJ going to kneels before A NAFSAT imam for a Islamic endorsement. I think the man for this 'photo op' would be Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, afterall it is as routine for Baba as praying for our RCCG son and fellow RCCG pastor who is contesting the 2015 election. That tells u GEJ won't get that 'photo op' endorsement this year cos he won't be welcome in RCCG.

Now RCCG's membership and followership cuts across over 10 million followers, also extending beyond it's territory into other churches. That is very huge number. Whoever Baba Adeboye endorses is always seen as God's choice by many even outside his church. Non will be willing to argue with it. The damage that will do to GEJ and PDP's unwritten propaganda posturing as a christian party will be huge! GEJ religious card is bound to crumble here as Tinubu has just struck a masterstroke in Osinbajo as Buhari's VP. Osinbajo's choice has just cut GEJ's votes in all geographical zones where RCCG has membership and that includes South South. An Amaechi or Oshiomole VP ticket will only dent GEJ's voting prospect in Edo or river but majority south southerner will still go with GEJ and see Amaechi especially as betrayer.

Tinubu's masterstroke is spotting d need to cultivate d Christian vote for Buhari rather than be fixated with winning Amaechi's 2 million vote in Rivers nor Oshiomole paltry vote from Edo. With Osinbajo and RCCG more than 70% of d Christian vote will be secured and lock up in South West. Passable Christian votes in South South and South East will be added to Amaechi's vote that will still come in from Rivers (only that RCCG membership vote will now boost his efforts d more in terms of numbers ). Same applies to Oshiomole's territory.

Now this are clearly the permutations that saw to the emergence of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as Buhari's VP.[/b]

17 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by funshint(m): 12:01am On Dec 16, 2014
Nonsense; who is this man for God sake?!...if religion is the only parameter for selecting pple into public office; this nation is truly doomed!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by otipoju(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2014
PDP started playing the Religion card ...and got outsmarted by Tinubu.

Without saying it...he surprised them with a joker robbing them of their ammunition and deftly using it against them.

I respect the guys pragmatism.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by funshint(m): 1:04am On Dec 16, 2014
Osinbajo: Christian-Yes, Popolarity-No...I'll rather go for Sen Olorunnibe Mamora Christian-Yes, Popularity-Yes, Experience-Yes, Articulate-Yes, Proven Administrator-Yes, Ability to gather maximum SW vote-Absolutely Yes!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by naso2(m): 1:31am On Dec 16, 2014
As a member of RCCG, I will not vote for him because a normal ganbari will not let him work. On electoral value , I don't think CAN will support anything GMB even if he picks the pope as his deputy.

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by whitecat2: 1:37am On Dec 16, 2014
Good pick!
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Seaen(m): 1:38am On Dec 16, 2014
naso2:
As a member of RCCG, I will not vote for him because a normal ganbari will not let him work. On electoral value , I don't think CAN will support anything GMB even if he picks the pope as his deputy.
Bigotry

16 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by whitecat2: 1:44am On Dec 16, 2014
People like you will not vote Apc even if Jesus is on the ticket, so keep your opinion to yourself. Of course we don't expect Oritsejafor part of Can to vote anything Apc, since it's the religion arm of pdp, but trust me, most members of Can hate Oritsejafor and will vote Apc.
naso2:

11 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by whitecat2: 1:46am On Dec 16, 2014
Una go weep and gnash teeth tire!
funshint:
Osinbajo: Christian-Yes, Popolarity-No...I'll rather go for Sen Olorunnibe Mamora Christian-Yes, Popularity-Yes, Experience-Yes, Articulate-Yes, Proven Administrator-Yes, Ability to gather maximum SW vote-Absolutely Yes!!!!
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 16, 2014
The last time Buhari picked a pastor what happened?
Did he win?

5 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 3:46am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:
The last time Buhari picked a pastor what happened?
Did he win?
No he didn't.

But the last time Buhari contested, did the CPC have this type of structure that APC has?

Did he have the support of Tinubu, Fashola, Oyegun, Oshiomole et all?

Did his party then have control of 14 states?

Have we known then that GEJ/PDP are so incompetent and corrupt to the extent we have now known?

Things have changed greatly since and so shall the outcome be different this time around.

For instance, in 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola, Oshiomole, Amaechi, Oyegun and all other APC politicians which he now has. I am very sure that Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Then PDP will be history.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 16, 2014
PassingShot:

No he didn't.

But the last time Buhari contested, did the CPC have this type of structure that APC has?

Did he have the support of Tinubu, Fashola, Oyegun, Oshiomole et all?

Did his party then have control of 14 states?

Have we known then that GEJ/PDP are so incompetent and corrupt to the extent we have now known?

Things have changed greatly since and so shall the outcome be different this time around?

Let me respond to you with the same response I posted elsewhere

babyosisi:

Many Yoruba people are anti tinubu,don't believe the noise makers of nairaland.
Tifinubu is incapable of delivering Yorubaland to a militant jihadist.
I have analyzed the upcoming elections and these are my observations and predictions

SW
In the SW,Ekiti state will not vote for Buhari
Ondo State will not touch Buhari not just for party reasons but for what he did to their beloved Pa Adekunle ajasin
Lagos state by it's composition will not vote Buhari
Those are three states you can predict
Osun state is already divided along religious lines,some will some will not
Ogun state has a large Christian population and those will not vote for a jihadist either
Oyo will be divided too
That alone tells me Buhari will not even carry Yoruba land don't let the noisemakers fool you
Tifnubu couldn't sell Ribadu to the Yoruba,he sure will not sell Buhari

Now move to the north central
Even Buhari himself knows that Benue,Kwara,plateau will not vote for him
Nassarawa ,niger and Kogi also have strong anti core north and Muslim sentiments and a large a christian population who will not be islamized
That is not a region he will sweep.
IBB a darling Niger state son is not singing Buhari praises
Kogi is a multi ethnic,multi religious state,they will sure be divided

Oya north East
We all know that ain't no meaningful elections gonna be holding in Bornu,Yobe and many parts of adamawa,who wants to be bombed to pieces while standing in line.so three states are gone.
Taraba, Gombe and Bauchi will be where the votes will come from and are all PDP states
Boko hari has no stronghold there

Oya north West
This is the only zone I predict will vote Buhari en masse with pockets of PDP votes

SS and SE

I don't need to even say much here
Only castrated men from this region will vote for Buhari and they are very few and far between

Buhari can never win an election in Nigeria,if he could he would have, the three times he tried
The odds are against him even more so now than then.
Let us watch and see

11 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 16, 2014
For those with short term memory,need I remind you that presidential elections are totally different from gubernatorial
If you doubt me ,look at the result of the 2011 presidential elections
Despite being mostly ACN states,the only Yoruba state where ACN won and that by a mere 58% was Osun state aka Osun emirate
The record is there for all to see
All this chest thumping is for nought.

Here it is

http://nigeriaelections.org/presidential.php
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 4:31am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

Let me respond to you with the same response I posted elsewhere

Your analysis is not only naive but lacks critical reasoning. So in your own imagination, Yorubas will prefer to vote PDP/GEJ that have maginalized them for 6 years in the scheme of things rather than vote a ticket that guarantees them a number 2 citizen? A ticket that is theirs as in APC candidate and not CPC or APGA?

It's even funny to believe that elections will not hold in the NE and NW where the bulk of Buhari supporters and majority of his votes are and that election will be deemed credible enough to make GEJ a president.

I have to give up on you at this point.

Oya clap for yourself.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 16, 2014
PassingShot:

Your analysis is not only naive but lacks critical reasoning. So in your own imagination, Yorubas will prefer to vote PDP/GEJ that have maginalized them for 6 years in the scheme of things rather than vote a ticket that guarantees them a number 2 citizen?

I have to give up on you at this point.

Oya clap for yourself.

Hahahahaha
I wish you had put up a better rebuttal
There is nothing to respond to
ACN had the opportunity to vote in a speaker,the no 3 man but they voted for a Hausa man to take their place
Please let me go and laugh

4 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 4:36am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

Hahahahaha
I wish you had put up a better rebuttal
There is nothing to respond to
ACN had the opportunity to vote in a speaker,the no 3 man but they voted for a Hausa man to take their place
Please let me go and laugh

Read it again and see the point if you care.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 16, 2014

It's even funny to believe that elections will not hold in the NE and NW where the bulk of Buhari supporters and majority of his votes are and that election will be deemed credible enough to make GEJ a president.

Are these your own imagination or you read those from me?
Where?
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 16, 2014
PassingShot:

Read it again and see the point if you care.

February is just two months away
I remember the chest thumpings from 2011
The only Yoruba state that will carry Arewa people's congress is Osun state
Tinubu and his Buhari will not win Lagos,Ogun,Ekiti and Ondo,not even with Tinubu himself as the VP candidate
I guarantee you that

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by homesteady(m): 4:49am On Dec 16, 2014
hmmm! na to go join RCCG now oh!
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Shebi these 14 touted APC controlled state include Imo,Edo,Lagos,Ogun and Lagos grin grin grin grin grin
Is there anyone with a a sound mind that really believes Buhari could win an election in these 5 states?
I gave a goose that lays golden eggs for sale

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 4:54am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

February is just two months away
I remember the chest thumpings from 2011
The only Yoruba state that will carry Arewa people's congress is Osun state
Tinubu and his Buhari will not win Lagos,Ogun,Ekiti and Ondo,not even with Tinubu himself as the VP candidate
I guarantee you that

I don't mind discussing with people who are realistic. You could have made an argument to support that GEJ will win with good analysis. But to imagine that he will do so by winning in the SW reeks of ignorance. You keep basing that submission on what happened in 2011 ignoring the fact that CPC was nonexistent then plus the fact that Buhari had no Yoruba politicians of note supporting him then.

Perhaps if you come up with better argument you may make some sense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 16, 2014
PassingShot:

I don't mind discussing with people who are realistic. You could have made an argument so support that GEJ will win with good analysis. But to imagine that he will do so by winning in the SW reeks of ignorance. You keep basing that submission on what happened in 2011 ignoring the fact that CPC was nonexistent then plus the fact that Buhari had no Yoruba politicians of note supporting him then.

Perhaps if you come up with better argument you may make some sense.

ACN was alive and well in 2011 and despite their state governors,tinubu could not sell Ribadu in the presidential election
You are the one living in a fool's paradise
In this same forum all the noisemakers told us how Fayemi will win by a long shot and right before our eyes he was disgraced by a landslide
Ekiti state will not vote Buhari and you know it
Neither will Lagos or Ondo
Your noise of Buhari's popularity is just that, noise
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 4:59am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

ACN was alive and well in 2011
You are the one living in a fools paradise

And ACN's votes were counted and added to CPC's?

Fish-brained TANoids!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 5:01am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

ACN was alive and well in 2011 and despite their state governors,tinubu could not sell Ribadu in the presidential election
You are the one living in a fool's paradise
In this same forum all the noisemakers told us how Fayemi will win by a long shot and right before our eyes he was disgraced by a landslide
Ekiti state will not vote Buhari and you know it
Neither will Lagos or Ondo
Your noise of Buhari's popularity is just that, noise

Your doubts will soon be cleared.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 16, 2014
PassingShot:

And ACN's votes were counted and added to CPC's?

Fish-brained TANoids!

People resort to insults when they figure out they have no arguments
I give you props for waiting this long

5 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by PassingShot(m): 5:12am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

But it's not am insult to say I live in a fool's paradise?

You started it and you got your match.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Babacele: 5:29am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:
Shebi these 14 touted APC controlled state include Imo,Edo,Lagos,Ogun and Lagos grin grin grin grin grin
Is there anyone with a a sound mind that really believes Buhari could win an election in these 5 states?
I gave a goose that lays golden eggs for sale
In 2011 ,I ,Dele momodu, Asiwaju Tinubu, Oshiomole, kwakwanso, Rocha's, Amaechi, Fashola, Ngige, Abdullahi Adamu, Elrufai,Obj, anti Oby,Goje ,Shettima,Sylva,Oyegun, Saraki, Tambuwal, Prince Abubakar Auda, Wamako etc and several millions of our dear supporters who voted for GEJ are now with Buhari to effect the needed change in 2015. Unless you are living in the moon.

4 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by onatisi(m): 5:32am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

I am surprised that you still don't know how apc supporters think and how they react to intelligent points and reactions. They don't have the mental ability to absorb and digest intellectual points .you are just wasting ur time trying to point out issues,as far as they are concern tinubu is their god and anything he does is right. Just leave them. But if you like you may continue arguing with them anyway
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Babacele:
In 2011 ,I ,Dele momodu, Asiwaju Tinubu, Oshiomole, kwakwanso, Rocha's, Amaechi, Fashola, Ngige, Abdullahi Adamu, Elrufai,Obj, anti Oby,Goje ,Shettima,Sylva,Oyegun, Saraki, Tambuwal, Prince Abubakar Auda, Wamako etc and several millions of our dear supporters who voted for GEJ are now with Buhari to effect the needed change in 2015. Unless you are living in the moon.

Bwahahahahahahahaha
Tinubu and fash didn't even vote the ACN candidate?
Weed is whack

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 16, 2014
onatisi:
I am surprised that you still don't know how apc supporters think and how they react to intelligent points and reactions. They don't have the mental ability to absorb and digest intellectual points .you are just wasting ur time trying to point out issues,as far as they are concern tinubu is their god and anything he does is right. Just leave them. But if you like you may continue arguing with them anyway

It is entertaining to see them cry out in pain
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by onatisi(m): 5:40am On Dec 16, 2014
babyosisi:

It is entertaining to see them cry out in pain
just look at them like animals displaying their stupidtyy in a circus to the amusement of spectators. Don't bother to engage them in any intelligent discussion because they can't reason,very few of them are intelligent anyway ,the rest are just junior secondary school students.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 16, 2014
onatisi:
just look at them like animals displaying their stupidtyy in a circus to the amusement of spectators. Don't bother to engage them in any intelligent discussion because they can't reason,very few of them are intelligent anyway ,the rest are just junior secondary school students.

It's quite obvious that the ones here are unintelligent and they make up with the name callings

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AfDB Appoints Chinelo Anohu To Head Africa Investment Forum / PDP Crisis: Atiku Calls For Calm, Urges Reconciliation Process Be Given A Chance / Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.