Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! (7370 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by mrmetoo1: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Someone really said GEJ will win Ogun and Lagos?? LMAO!! That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by naso2(m): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
kokoA:
speak for yourself alone.. What is CAN without the catholics and majority of Baba Adeboye's members?

Oga if you read my statement well, I spoke for myself.
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Babacele: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
gbaskipro:

Na one vote u get ooooo
I said we bro. Millions of APC supporters, born-again PDPs and 5persons in my family I begged to vote for GEJ in 2011 not knowing we were voting for David Mak, ibb, Anenhi, boy George, n Patience. mcheeeeew!
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by theV0ice: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
people forget that bakare was and is still seeing as a rebel pastor by most pentecostal pastors and their members. infact adeboye, oyedepo and others have always and continue to be at the receiving end of his vitriolic tongue so it was too much optimism to expect mainstream christian support then. it was sheer political naivety for buhari to pick him in 2011. Osinbajo is different in that respect. a quiet pastor who doesnt court controversy.

his inclusion on the apc ticket will surely swing things in apc's favour. when you now factor the political juggernauts behind them......only an unrealistic person will expect 2011 to happen all over again
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Tvegas(m): 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
jmaine:
In 2019 it will be the turn of an MFM pastor to partner Buhari . . . It's amusing that most APC maggots are busy jubilating over the choice of an unknown pastor.What Pastor Bakare couldn't achieve . . . .shior grin

You guys seems not to know what you are up against. Lemme give you a little tutorial.

Bakare as far as I am concerned was a liability than an asset. Bakare was always attacking oyedepo, papa adeboye and whoever he could pick on. Osinbajo and Bakare are not the same by any measure. Osinbajo has strong connections to the pentecostal elite in Nigeria.

Secondly this Osinbajo also have a brother who is a strong member of the fountain of life church. I can assure you oyedepo, adefarasin, and many modern day pastors will queue behind him. I first heard about his probable selection from an igbo friend in the US, who was rooting for him cos of their rccg kinship. The guy even forgot his Igbo lineage.

If this election were to be decided only on religion votes today, Osinbajo will take most of the pentecostal votes and that's a lot. You seem not to get the hand played by Tinubu? He has nullified claims that APC has an islamisation agenda. PDP needs to go back to the drawing board, they will be foolish to dismiss this threat. Be warned , Osinbajo is not Bakare.!! ! Be warned Osinbajo is not Bakare!!!

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by jmaine: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tvegas:

You guys seems not to know what you are up against. Lemme give you a little tutorial.

Bakare as far as I am concerned was a liability than an asset. Bakare was always attacking oyedepo, papa adeboye and whoever he could pick on. Osinbajo and Bakare are not the same by any measure. Osinbajo has strong connections to the pentecostal elite in Nigeria.

Secondly this Osinbajo also have a brother who is a strong member of the fountain of life church. I can assure you oyedepo, adefarasin, and many modern day pastors will queue behind him. I first heard about his probable selection from an igbo friend in the US, who was rooting for him cos of their rccg kinship. The guy even forgot his Igbo lineage.

If this election were to be decided only on religion votes today, Osinbajo will take most of the pentecostal votes and that's a lot. You seem not to get the hand played by Tinubu? He has nullified claims that APC has an islamisation agenda. PDP needs to go back to the drawing board, they will be foolish to dismiss this threat. Be warned , Osinbajo is not Bakare.!! ! Be warned Osinbajo is not Bakare!!!

You are a bit naive here, Bakare ruthless and no holds bar activism was a huge plus, his popularity was never in question nationwide. Osinbajo choice though was expected to be a tactical decision will turn out to be a poor ill thought decision. Choosing an unknown pastor once again is a very careless way to say look" am desperate for your votes, here is a pastor, oya vote for me" . Christians are not that daft to ignore the fact that VP are usually mere ceremonial heads while the President calls most of the shotz.

Osinbajo might do well among a minor percentage of Yoruba Redeemed church members. The overwhelming Christian population Will just scoff at the cheap attempt to trick them into voting him.
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

Your analysis is not only naive but lacks critical reasoning. So in your own imagination, Yorubas will prefer to vote PDP/GEJ that have maginalized them for 6 years in the scheme of things rather than vote a ticket that guarantees them a number 2 citizen? A ticket that is theirs as in APC candidate and not CPC or APGA?

It's even funny to believe that elections will not hold in the NE and NW where the bulk of Buhari supporters and majority of his votes are and that election will be deemed credible enough to make GEJ a president.

I have to give up on you at this point.
Oya clap for yourself.

At almost 55 what do you expect from that senile woman?
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by LawFight(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
Please,let us call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel,GEJor buhari check both records u will see that buhari is much better than GEJ,jonathan has done nothing good to this country than evil,if jonathan is worth voting him the second time everybody will vote for him,good 6yrs as president nothing to show for it,and u are nigerians expecting to vote for this man.fellow nigerians pls let be wise,once beaten twice shy,let vote out jonathan.the BLACK VAMPIRE.buhari is here to make change.if GEJ is serious u wil have seen it almst 6-8yrs of goverance.very bad economy,during buhari military regime he went to the world and declare surplus,he started the war against indispline.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by gbaskipro: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Babacele:
I said we bro. Millions of APC supporters, born-again PDPs and 5persons in my family I begged to vote for GEJ in 2011 not knowing we were voting for David Mak, ibb, Anenhi, boy George, n Patience. mcheeeeew!
But Na one vote you get sha.....
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Babacele: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
gbaskipro:

But Na one vote you get sha.....
But I can influence 5 or more. Buhari 's 12m in 2011 is now 1 and 17million more bro. 1 from me and 17million from Nigerians who are tired of una excuses instead of results. You ve got to live wt that.
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Swizdoe(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
babyosisi:

February is just two months away
I remember the chest thumpings from 2011
The only Yoruba state that will carry Arewa people's congress is Osun state
Tinubu and his Buhari will not win Lagos,Ogun,Ekiti and Ondo,not even with Tinubu himself as the VP candidate
I guarantee you that
I don't know about oother states but please count Ogun state out of your mischievous write-up.
Truly yorubas are not really with Tinubu but we don't like GEJ either. Gerrit
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by ayindejimmy(m): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
babyosisi:

Let me respond to you with the same response I posted elsewhere

It's as if you've seen the vision. If Buhari is a jahdist,. What is Gej. What you don't know is that in the West majority don't reason along your permutation line. Our common enemy like Tinubu rightly outlined is poverty and not ethnicity or religion. But we do know that some vote along religious line.
Wake up and smell the coffee, people are a lot smarter now.... .. APC is taking the larger % of lagos, ogun, Kwara and osun. And Buhari is sweeping the whole North.
Gej can have whats left if that'll make him president

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by Baraac(f): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!

The truth of the matter is that Pastor Adeboye is yet to make any official statement.
There are so many fake account all over now.
BE AWARE and BE WARNED.
RCCG is not a political party.
And that does not mean that RCCG hate the selected VP.
LET US KEEP ON PRAYING FOR THE WILL OF GOD IN 2015.
Do not let the Christians be divided.
Internet is full of trash these days.
Take note.

BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!
Re: Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! by gbaskipro: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Babacele:
But I can influence 5 or more. Buhari 's 12m in 2011 is now 1 and 17million more bro. 1 from me and 17million from Nigerians who are tired of una excuses instead of results. You ve got to live wt that.

But Na one vote u get sha, no matter who u won influence......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo / See Moment Sanwo-Olu Signs The Order On VIO, LASTMA & LAWMA, Tours Alausa - Pics / How Come Herdsmen Don't Attack these states

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.