Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun (3456 Views)

Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Johnnyessence(m): 5:51am On Dec 16, 2014
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other dignitaries, watched in admiration how a drone built by a corps member posted to Osun State took off and carried out surveillance of the parade ground at the Permanent Orientation Camp of the National Youth Service Corps on Monday.

The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola, a graduate of Computer Science/Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, stole the show with his project during the closing ceremony of the orientation course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of corps members deployed in the state.

The drone, which soldiers and other security agents present at the event described as a good one, flew for about 10 minutes before it landed.

The device, fixed with a surveillance camera, can stay in the air for 20 minutes and is capable of climbing up to 500 metres.

The device with remote control and 2.4G radio transmitter carried out live recording of the event, which he monitored on his black berry phone.

Ayoola told our correspondent in an interview that his love for aeronautics drove him into building the device.

According to him, apart from military use, the drone is also useful in hoisting flags as well as monitoring ongoing activities in large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if fully developed, can be used by farmers. You can deploy it to fly round a farm of about 20 hectares and you will monitor what is going on.

“It can also be used to monitor traffic situation and flooded areas. I spent over N20,000 to build it, but I can do something with a bigger capacity and which will stay for hours on air if fund is available.”

The deputy governor, who said she was impressed with the initiative, urged other youths to emulate Ayoola.

She said, “I am very impressed with what you have done. It is a good thing and other youths should emulate you.

“Anywhere you are posted to, I want you to assemble a group of youths who you can teach how to invent something like this. This is a wonderful skill and I am impressed with this.”

The NYSC State Coordinator, Mr. Abada Okpiroro, also commended Ayoola for the project.
www.punchng.com/education/corps-member-test-flies-drone-in-osun/

https://www.nairaland.com/2046729/pics-corps-member-builds-tests

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Cool
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by RockMaxi: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2014
smiley Most initiatives in Nigeria that needed funding have all ended with what Mrs Tomori said: "We are very impressed with what you have done". Thereafter nothing again.
Please OP, how can they fly a drone yet no picture?

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Elcapo(m): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2014
That's my school yayyy!!!

1 Like

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by holatin(m): 6:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Wao I wish Government can employ and encourage him

He may start making drone for security purpose for the police but Dis no concern dem.

They are only interested in stealing money both on land and air.

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Good

Involve our higher institutions in weapons development
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 16, 2014
Pictures or I dont believe it!
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Johnnyessence(m): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2014
lautech guru.
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by alaoeri: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2014
Initiatives like this in a country like Nigeria is as good as dead, where will the fund come from to support the project?
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by OpinionLeader: 6:35am On Dec 16, 2014
Everyone is impressed but what next?

Next ... America or UK would issue him visa to come for further studies in their land and after he succeeds, he will thread on Nairaland as "one of our own".

Our loss ... America and Europe gain! Which way Nigeria?
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by didactic70: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2014
We need innovative people like this.Govt n other enterpreneurs should employ him.He could improve on this to more advanced one with time.Kudos 2 n othres of your ilk.

1 Like

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by mistabiola: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2014
RockMaxi:
smiley Most initiatives in Nigeria that needed funding have all ended with what Mrs Tomori said: "We are very impressed with what you have done". Thereafter nothing again.
Please OP, how can they fly a drone yet no picture?

Wow!!!! The Guy really tried, go and check the pics on the site. grin cheesy
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by hushmail: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2014
kudos to d guy

since d govt does nt appreciate him

he shld seek greener pastures elsewhere
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by CSTR: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2014
A surveillance drone that even a 10 year old child in japan can build is now ground-breaking devt?
smh.
When you develop long range missile, maybe the govt will take you serious then.

1 Like

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by goldfish80(m): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2014
It's time the government reviewed it's policy on Nysc. A situation where corps member are posted to primary/secondary schools instead of relevant agencies as against their major in school should be abolished. Talents like this young man's are lost when they are made to teach elementary school pupils for a year. That's my take
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Tholudee(f): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Greatest ladokites
cheesy
5years no be beans now

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by ichidodo: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
Big deal...We can assemble one on the internet,fly and take an aerial selfie.
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
Most of these guys would just go and buy toy helicopter parts off the Chinese market, assemble it in naija and come here to tell us that it's their invention ...ekele kwam unu

1 Like

Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
More Grease to their elbow, keep it up guyz, if it's Rashadiya where I reside, I knw wat govt could av done for dese guyz, but in Nigeria,......na sorry case.
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by TechtraGadgets: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
[size=16pt]the so-called "invented drone" is all over aliexpress.com and alibaba.com as a toy quadcopter, no difference whatsoever. smh! Drone indeed!

We are mostly jokers in this country[/size]
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by emiye(m): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
he needs to develop the one that can hover Sambisa forest for days, and give GPS co-ordinates of where BH members are hiding and possibly chibok girls
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by tdayof(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
How many times will this come up on fp angry
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by dammytosh: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hope it is not the type they sell at the airport for kids.

Saw one recently. grin grin grin grin

Drone ko, Plane ni.

eeediots
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by TheRealCoolHunK: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
The fake one?
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by waleadex(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
This is indeed commendable. I pray he gets support he needs to keep this talent.
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by grrr: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Grt ladokite I'm proud of you, hope say the drone no go crash land sha grin
Re: Lautech Corps Member Test-flies Drone In Osun by moderattor: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
China made bought from aliexpress

(1) (2)

Photo Of The Day.. Funny Redeployment Letter From A Corper.. Lolzz / INEC-NYSC Partnership: Is It Really Working? / Nysc Online Registration @KLASSIC CYBERCAFE at Ekpan/warri Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.