Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Medicinal Benefits Of Guava Leaves - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medicinal Benefits Of Guava Leaves (1528 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / Health Benefits Of Guava Leaves / Bitter Kola Highly Medicinal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Medicinal Benefits Of Guava Leaves by Agimor(m): 6:16am On Dec 16, 2014
We grew quite a number of fruit trees back in the days, one of which was a guava tree. On several occasions when we complained of tummy upsets, my dad would advise that we washed some guava leaves and chew on them. Surprisingly, it always worked. A few minutes after swallowing the leaves, the pain stopped and we stopped stooling. I had never done any research on why it worked, but, any time I had a tummy upset, I happily went to the tree and plucked off some leaves to chew.Guava is full of fiber, folic acid, vitamin A and C, potassium, copper, and manganese. Studies show that, a single guava fruit contains about four times the amount of vitamin C as an orange. Guava leaves are used for traditional medicine in tropical countries. The leaves contain a number of beneficial substances, including antioxidants like vitamin C and flavonoids such as quercetin. Folic acid and antioxidants have both been shown to be beneficial when addressing infertility and other health problems. Research shows that drinking tea made by soaking guava leaves in hot water may be beneficial in treating diarrhoea, lowering cholesterol and preventing diabetes.Here are few benefits of the guava leaf:
It helps to stop diarrhoea. Research shows that people with diarrhoea who drink guava tea may experience fewer stools, less abdominal pain, less watery stools and a quicker recovery. Like I mentioned earlier, we chewed the leaves and it worked. The leaves are not bitter, but, I would not say it is delicious either.
Drinking guava leaf tea may cause beneficial changes in your cholesterol levels. Reducing high cholesterol.
Research shows that guava leaf tea helps with the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
Research also shows that guava leaves and bark are used traditionally as a disinfectant and antiseptic for dressing wounds and sores.
The Guava fruit is said to also help reduce high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Medicinal Benefits Of Guava Leaves by Redoil: 7:05am On Dec 16, 2014
Right on point the guava tree that was been planted near us has always been donig wonderful thing to our tommy.

(1) (Reply)

Top 15 Exercise To Increase Your Height This Valentine! / Psychologist In Lagos / Help, Her Tips are Not Dark And She Is Afraid It Has A Health Implication.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.