Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words (946 Views)

The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor (must Read) / In Our World Of Beautiful Crude!!! / Beautiful Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2014
http://labimide./2014/12/15/from-the-chasers-diary-iii/

All comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
From the Chaser’s Diary III

I want to learn how you feel;
Please teach me.
A penny for your thought;
Please indulge me.

When it hurts the most,
I long for you,
To take solace in your bosom;
Please embrace me.

But you said, ‘let me be!’
‘How can I?’ My wonderment.
Now, I wish I could.
I wish I had.

But they are just what they are;
Wishes!
They are not horses,
And that hurts.

I wish they were mere candies,
That I could buy mine right on my lane.
And then gladly present them all to you.

I’d buy a happy everafter with a queen,
A promising future with an angel,
A great tomorrow spent with you,
If I could.

When all I have is a Naira,
I’ll spend it all on you.
And I’ll know no pang in my eternal bliss.

A Naira or a million, regardless,
You’ve got me.
All discretion are bubbles in my reverie,
And to the wind I throw them.

For the pleasure of having you by my side tomorrow,
I’ll risk it all.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Cc Ladywriter Whitemosquito Therock5555 cremeandchic megamindmaster uyiredia dapo777 Tranxo indestructablex Tooltip Favourume Okunrinmeta Bakingsoda Chanchit Laykorn...

Oya, make una come review my work, abeg.
Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by OkunrinMeta: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
I think its really nice, even though i did not understand one or two lines. I don't know much about poetry, so ill just wait for the pros to comment.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by whitemosquito(f): 11:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Really nice. But timing and verse inconsistent.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by bakingsoda: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2015
I am not into this genre of writing so I can't criticise much. But to my layman's eyes it is very cool.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 10:55pm On May 09, 2015
Ode to silence; please read and leave a comment. https://labimide./2015/05/09/ode-to-silence/
Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by favourume(f): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2015
labimide:
Cc Ladywriter Whitemosquito Therock5555 cremeandchic megamindmaster uyiredia dapo777 Tranxo indestructablex Tooltip Favourume Okunrinmeta Bakingsoda Chanchit Laykorn...

Oya, make una come review my work, abeg.

Sorry Õoooº°˚ ˚°º I JƱڪτ̲̅ dey see this one naw. Hope say I no wake come late.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by Chanchit: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
@labimide, I'm just seeing this mention but if the dates are anything to go by, then this mention is over month, so I don't knw why I'm just getting it now, nd its not like I've been absent on NL.

The poem is nice, maybe you should submit it to society for young authors in Nigeria for review, if they like it, they would publish it for you.

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Its cool, keep it up

1 Like

Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 11:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
thanks favourume, Dapo777 and Chanchit. Chanchit, I'll def follow your advice. Who knows, it might turn out big. lol
Re: Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words by labimide: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
Feminism, Gender equality and Parenting. What's your take? https://labimide./2015/08/12/my-dad-my-mom-my-parents/

(1) (Reply)

Now On Okadabooks, Get Your Copy Of The Call Of Ciri / The 2016 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entry- Apply Here / Lest We Go This Path Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.