Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare (22116 Views)

Oluchi Saw Her Death Coming –family Of Electrocuted UNILAG Student / Unilag Student Shot Dead At Amphitheatre (Picture) / UNILAG Student Shot In The Head On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by liveyourlife: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Guess Obj didn't mention this in his book!

[img]http://liveschoolnews.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1[/img]

The founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, pastor Tunde Bakare has accused former President, Olusegun Obasanjo of killing students’ unionism in the country when he was the military Head of State in 1978.

Bakare, who was a running mate to Buhari in the last presidential election made the claim on Monday at the 2014 anniversary of the International Day of Students.

According to him, Obasanjo, as the then Head of State in 1978, used brute force to repress the students during the ‘Ali Must Go’ protest.
Some students were killed in the protest. One of them was Akintunde Ojo.

Delivering a paper titled, “Good Governance: Sustainability of Democracy, the Role of Students in the Forthcoming General Elections”, Bakare said it was unfortunate that students’ unionism had been hijacked by unserious students.

Recalling the history of students’ unionism from the colonial days, he noted that it suffered a fatal blow in 1978.
He said, “General Olusegun Obasanjo’s government ordered the brutal suppression of that protest. Live bullets were unleashed on protesting students. As we proceeded outside the University of Lagos main gate, I narrowly escaped death, as Akintunde Ojo, the young man standing just beside me, was gunned
down.

“Through that incident, Obasanjo carved his name on marble as a villain of democracy.

“I did not mince words when opportunity presented itself in November of 1978, when I pointed to his face and said, ‘This government possesses power without compassion, might without morality and strength without sight.’”

While arguing that students’ unionism had been hijacked by never-do- wells, he said the height of this fall was the conferment of the title “Defender of Democracy” on Obasanjo in 2005 by students’ body.

He said, “The apotheosis of the perfidious degeneration of students’ unionism occurred in 2005, when the National Association Nigerian Students decorated Gen. Obasanjo as a ‘Defender of Democracy.’ Yes, the same Obasanjo who masterminded the brutal repression of unarmed students who were merely registering their displeasure over hike in fees.” #irony!

Bakare also flayed the role played by students’ leaders in the botched
third term bid of Obasanjo. He said NANS shamelessly campaigned for Obasanjo’s life presidency agenda.

He said, “In essence, Obasanjo killed students’ unionism in Nigeria. As a
military Head of State, he killed National Union of Nigerian Students by
brutal repression and proscription.
“When Obasanjo returned as civilian president, he killed NANS and made it a shadow of itself. “Upon the foundation of corruption of students’ unionism, NANS has become weak and factionalised in subsequent administrations.”
He then called on the student body to embark on a journey of rebirth to
return to the good old days of student activism.

“You must rid yourselves of cultism and other self-destructive
tendencies and take back students’ unionism from hoodlums and
charlatans. (NAN)

Source: http://www.liveschoolnews.com.ng/obasanjo-almost-killed-me-as-a-unilag-student-tunde-bakare/

Be Awesome in the New Year!

Join your fellow classmates, who are Organising, Sharing, Communicating
and Collaborating Online around Group-work,
New lecture materials & Learning.

School is S'cool.
Visit http://

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Psalmpy(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2014
obj wit wickednes ever since birth

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
na waa for baba oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Vicaboy(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2014
Did Baba write about this?

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Misogynist2014(m): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Sad story. The same Obasanjo accusing Jonathan, the man who has revived this country and is revitalizing our agric sector. Obasanjo should be by now in gaol, senile old fart. angry

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by paleo(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2014
This is funny. Obj oppressing since God knows when..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by thiefnubu(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2014
Too many facts have been shown to be missing in OBJ's just published book

It is either Baba has deliberately set out to mislead the public or....

There is a yet-to-be-published sequel in the offing.

Whichever way, Baba has awoken an army of sleeping ants undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by danchuzzy(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2014
Yomieluv:
Did Baba write about this?

I wonder

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by holatin(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2014
I wount be surprised if it true.

Obasanjo is a bad man but he has a boss that is baddder than the baddest, worser than the worsest

His name.................

Don't read dat English twice

Anyway buhari for change
Buhari for president.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Beehshorp(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2014
Why u no talk since.. Why did u keep it dis late?, Mr say something better
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by dmola(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by natureblack(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2014
OBJ is the new trend in news

In Tunde's words "OBJ's government possesses power without compassion,might without morality and strength without sight".........

Funny how OBJ's administration has opposite effect to GEJ's undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by hayzed2: 9:28am On Dec 16, 2014
Lol
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by seangy4konji: 9:28am On Dec 16, 2014
Are you for real
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by holatin(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2014
He is one of the few not pastor not corrupt in Nigeria.

He once said he cant pray for Jonathan and pastors encourage corrupt leaders ( which is a true)

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Brightology2(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2014
El ya
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2014
Stories dat provoke d gods
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by yurme(m): 9:30am On Dec 16, 2014
_
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by ochejagabriel: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2014
NA WA O,
ANYWAYS, GEJ TILL 2023

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by femi4: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2014
Bakare, where is your book? make you write am inside now

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by yerimastyle(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
say no to former dictators we need youth to lead us not old generals

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Tattooboy: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
i wudnt except less from a military govt
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by KKImoh: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
obj WITH HISTORY OF EVIL
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by plusteam: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
wetin Obasanjo kill plenty.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Ghyft(f): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2014
After the release of OBJ's book,I foresee a series of books releasing and dirty linens will be washed in public.....No matter how we try to fight it,we need God's intervention.. We need the kingdom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by phayvoursky(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
OBJ YOU HAVE BEEN BARRED FROM APPEARING IN PUBLIC.

EVERYBODY DE VEX FOR YOU. ANYTHING YOU SEE NA YOUR OWN...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by Descartes: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
Obasanjo is a certified old FOX grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by qualityovenbake(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2014
natureblack:
OBJ is the new trend in news
you can say that again
Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by zabilon(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2014
ochejagabriel:
NA WA O,
ANYWAYS, GEJ TILL 2023

2023 too small...how about GEJ till you get sense?.. It's obviously gonna be longer..... Olodo!

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare by edo3(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Mr tunde,,how much them pay you??you are gettin more into politics than ur church activities this days oo..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obituary Of Ogbonna Jane Mmasichi, MOUAU Dead Student (Photo) / Makinde To Rename LAUTECH To LAU / Sylvester Oromoni: Pathologists Present During The Autopsies In Warri And Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.