Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:37 PM

Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China (23869 Views)

Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) / Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by SporaD8: 8:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs.
Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other
dignitaries, watched in admiration
how a drone built by a corps
member posted to Osun State
took off and carried out
surveillance of the parade ground
at the Permanent Orientation
Camp of the National Youth
Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola,
a graduate of Computer Science/
Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola
University of Technology,
Ogbomoso, stole the show with
his project during the closing
ceremony of the orientation
course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of
corps members deployed in the
state.

The drone, which soldiers and
other security agents present at
the event described as a good
one, flew for about 10 minutes
before it landed.

The device, fixed with a
surveillance camera, can stay in
the air for 20 minutes and is
capable of climbing up to 500
metres.

The device with remote control
and 2.4G radio transmitter carried
out live recording of the event,
which he monitored on his black
berry phone.

Ayoola told our correspondent in
an interview that his love for
aeronautics drove him into
building the device.

According to him, apart from
military use, the drone is also
useful in hoisting flags as well as
monitoring ongoing activities in
large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if
fully developed, can be used by
farmers. You can deploy it to fly
round a farm of about 20 hectares
and you will monitor what is going
on.

“It can also be used to monitor
traffic situation and flooded areas.
I spent over N20,000 to build it,
but I can do something with a
bigger capacity and which will
stay for hours on air if fund is
available.”

http://www.punchng.com/education/corps-member-test-flies-drone-in-osun/

[b]. Nigerian Student, NYSC Corper Built Surveillance Drones, Critics Say It’s Made In China.

The story making round in Nigeria is that of an NYSC Corper, Olaolu Ayoola who claimed he built a drone from scratch.
From the look of things, the guy might have succeeded in fooling Nigerians because the drone in question looks like a finished product and not like the ones made from raw materials.

Here is what critics are saying about Ayoola’s invention:

The drone in question is a finished product with remote control and not a prototype because the specifications of the drone – duration, altitude is the same with what you have in the market, the package came from China, he should show us his workshop. I am tired of people going to China to get a customized product and confuse the masses as their inventions.For the records, there are companies selling drone assembly kits online, they will send you the instruction manual to assemble it yourself. It’s likely one of those.

Another critic said:
“I just dey laugh here Ooo my brother, drone full stores here for my neighborhoodyafum,yafum… My question to the smart corper boy is simple, how and where did he get his raw materials from to manufacture his drones components ?A basic chines made toy drone in Chinese stores costs less than $100 US, so why’s this fool of a coper fooling Nigerians back home ?”

http://naijagists.com/photos-nigerian-graduate-nysc-corper-built-drones-critics-says-its-made-in-china/

[/b]

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by omoluabi1960: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Idiot...made in china ..go to aliexpress.com

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by slimfit1(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2014
Built or bought in maplins or toy shop please.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by martincbarton: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2014
good thinking.

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by DonaldGenes(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
This is profoundly a streak of a genius...something worth a Nobel Prize not that Malala of Pakistan

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by paleo(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
I don't know what to believe. A nice innovation though.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Francon(f): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
Good
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
SporaD8:
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs.
Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other
dignitaries, watched in admiration
how a drone built by a corps
member posted to Osun State
took off and carried out
surveillance of the parade ground
at the Permanent Orientation
Camp of the National Youth
Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola,
a graduate of Computer Science/
Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola
University of Technology,
Ogbomoso, stole the show with
his project during the closing
ceremony of the orientation
course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of
corps members deployed in the
state.

The drone, which soldiers and
other security agents present at
the event described as a good
one, flew for about 10 minutes
before it landed.

The device, fixed with a
surveillance camera, can stay in
the air for 20 minutes and is
capable of climbing up to 500
metres.

The device with remote control
and 2.4G radio transmitter carried
out live recording of the event,
which he monitored on his black
berry phone.

Ayoola told our correspondent in
an interview that his love for
aeronautics drove him into
building the device.

According to him, apart from
military use, the drone is also
useful in hoisting flags as well as
monitoring ongoing activities in
large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if
fully developed, can be used by
farmers. You can deploy it to fly
round a farm of about 20 hectares
and you will monitor what is going
on.

“It can also be used to monitor
traffic situation and flooded areas.
I spent over N20,000 to build it,
but I can do something with a
bigger capacity and which will
stay for hours on air if fund is
available.”

http://www.punchng.com/education/corps-member-test-flies-drone-in-osun/

[b]. Nigerian Student, NYSC Corper Built Surveillance Drones, Critics Say It’s Made In China.

The story making round in Nigeria is that of an NYSC Corper, Olaolu Ayoola who claimed he built a drone from scratch.
From the look of things, the guy might have succeeded in fooling Nigerians because the drone in question looks like a finished product and not like the ones made from raw materials.

Here is what critics are saying about Ayoola’s invention:

The drone in question is a finished product with remote control and not a prototype because the specifications of the drone – duration, altitude is the same with what you have in the market, the package came from China, he should show us his workshop. I am tired of people going to China to get a customized product and confuse the masses as their inventions.For the records, there are companies selling drone assembly kits online, they will send you the instruction manual to assemble it yourself. It’s likely one of those.

Another critic said:
“I just dey laugh here Ooo my brother, drone full stores here for my neighborhoodyafum,yafum… My question to the smart corper boy is simple, how and where did he get his raw materials from to manufacture his drones components ?A basic chines made toy drone in Chinese stores costs less than $100 US, so why’s this fool of a coper fooling Nigerians back home ?”

http://naijagists.com/photos-nigerian-graduate-nysc-corper-built-drones-critics-says-its-made-in-china/

[/b]

Let's see how far it goes...

Ever since i was born,a whole lot of inventors in Nigeria has passed under the bridge like water does..He should just forget it if he was thinking towards expending it into a multi national company.

His project won't go beyond the parade ground.

3 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by OCTAVO: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
It looks like Chinese product abeg!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Brightology2(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by blesszzy(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2014
I was expecting something big. Guess I was wrong then.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by raayah(f): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Bad Belle People

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by BlackBaron: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Don't mean to rain on his parade but that thing is no where near a drone that can be used as a military drone.
That stuff won't last an hour in the sky, cannot carry payload and very limited altitude.

Of course, there are also self assembly drone kits, but if he sourced all parts locally and assembled all himself then kudos to him.

Let's see something more advanced, with our current BH problem, build EOD (bomb) robots as an example as a collective university project. Kit them up with tracks, hydraulics, talon arms, running on possibly Linux. Make a control station too.
Then...

3 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by dejt4u(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2014
This is no new invention at all.. Them they do varieties of this in My skul's space club.. Impressive though but creativity, Hell NO!

Remember Joy Lobo in 3idiots

8 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by hayoakins(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2014
cheesy

Now, i don't know whether to celebrate him or otherwise since bad belle people already screaming "it is made in China".

Who do i believe.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Epistemology(f): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2014
Critics everywhere

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by dollarlander: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2014
Great guy great mind. The lesser mind calls it made in China. These are the people whose brains were imported from China so they can't but think chin Chung chu. Dumb fellows.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by condralbede(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
he tried anyway....it remains me the days,that we use to fly kites!!

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by adexsimply(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
blesszzy:
I was expecting something big. Guess I was wrong then.
How big are "drones" meant to be?
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Youngzedd(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Nigerians.........
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Babaneh(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
which one have u people invented? only to run ur mouth like tap without control.. mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by lilprinze: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Nigerians never appreciate or value what they produce even if it is original, but they value any thing that is produced by or in the West even though it is fake they would still say it is original. Smh
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by YBNSCEO(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice one thumbs up man
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by DjAndroid: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Pictures of the constructing the drone
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by mistabiola: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
Congrat
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Mobsync(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
The drone looks too perfect. More like he bought it.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by tdayof(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmm@least he should take some pictures while constructing it

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by lanxlot(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
I b tink say e big sma sef until I read reach d place Where d guy say e cost lyk 20k. he try sha....Only say na modification of kite wen we b do wen we sma.

but sum of our politicians useless oo. read d ist paragraph, na Only admiration dem sabi, ntn else. 4 their mind......why is dix guy wastin his tym?
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by knightsTempler: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
These people the govt should be investing in, this various govt have failed in this aspect. After we keep crying that America refuse to sell us arms.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by bolaji3071(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
nice work.. keep it up bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What??? / A thread for corpers posted to Anambra / When Is 2016 Batch B Stream 2 POP Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.