Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,269 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash (1010 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2014
After a homeless good Samaritan came to her
aid, a 22-year-old UCLan student has vowed
to pay him back.
Dominique Harrison-Bentzen from Leyland lost
her bank card while out in Preston city centre
but only realised when she went to get money
for a taxi home.
She said: “I suddenly realised that I had no
money and a homeless man approached me
with his only change of £3.
“He insisted I took it to pay for a taxi to make
sure I got home safe.”
Dominique, who is studying for her Masters
degree in fashion and promotion, didn’t take
the money but so touched was she by the
man’s kind gesture that she has set herself a
mission to help him.
She said: “I ended up posting a status on
Facebook to try and find him the next day and
it turns out I’m not the only person he has
helped.”
Identified only as ‘Robbie’ the man appears to
have come to the aid of many, returning
wallets to pedestrians and offering his scarf to
keep people warm.
And now, the Miss Preston finalist will spend
24 hours with Robbie to raise money to help
him get back on his feet.

SOURCE
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by LordReed(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2014
I am touched. There are still good people in this our crazy world.

4 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by holatin(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2014
wao dat cool.

see dis one, he wan make first to comment on his post
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by echobee(f): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Very very kind of him
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by decode55(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2014
Faith in humanity restored! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by Tallesty1(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2014
decode55:
Faith in humanity restored! smiley smiley
Same here bro

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by hawksford: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2014
Chooiiii
Not everyone can do that
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by ukukaegbu(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2014
It's usually easier for poor man to give out 90% of his cash than for a rich man to give 1% of his.

They fear that the poor will rise to their level.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by LordReed(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:
wao dat cool.

see dis one, he wan make first to comment on his post

Sorry (not) to disappoint you and the FTC crew. tongue
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by holatin(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2014
LordReed:

Sorry (not) to disappoint you and the FTC crew. tongue
you already destroyed my urge to take it to front page
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:
you already destroyed my urge to take it to front page

LoL because you didn't make FTC? Don't worry I can sell you the space. LMAO
Re: Homeless Man Offers Stranded Student His Last Cash by Nmeri17: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
PLOT TWIST
the man is an AMORC/OGBONI/AIYE member and he is transferring all his troubles/curses into the money he gives strangers angry

(1) (Reply)

Toxic Father And Less Optimum Mother / Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage / Confused! I Need Honest Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.