Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... (19077 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
playboy19:

There is a big mystery behind this which, i'm very sure you are not ready to know now.

John 16 vs 12: I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

The simple solution to your little problem is to change your prayers. Tell God; Father, let Thy will be done in my life. And watch how things will turn out for you.

I am very sure you have been praying amiss. You have a special case with God. There are people like that. God have a case with you but you think you know what you 'want and need'. It's just like Pastor Adeboye asking for a 3 bedroom flat when God wanted to build him a city. See? Just change your prayers. I'm speaking from experience. It may not make sense to you now, but soon, it will.
I am wowed...I never saw it in this direction
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
gebest:
U ARE CALLED AND U AR TRYING TO SHY AWAY FROM IT, MY DEAR IT WILL CONTINUE LIKE THAT UNTIL U ANSWER HIS CALL.
I've been told this many times over....when I talk or preach souls are converted...people are moved but I keep saying am busy with certificate. :eavenly father am sorry!

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by twaintoy(f): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please, pray for me ooo

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whobedatte(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
@OP. Do not assume you r the only person they approached
They might have gone to other places too. So thinking your prayers made it worked for them is fallacious
Pple can go any length whenever they r in a fix
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Chazzyboy: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
I have noticed with a bit of pains that prayer works
on people and not me!

I have had the opportunity to pray and intercede for
people and it comes out positive, but one surprising
fact
is that I hardly get answers when I pray for
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

Fast forward to 2days ago. I prayed for someone who was
koboless, to have a surprise gift to the tune of
hundred
of thousands for a project she scrambled for. Less
than 56 hours later, she got it.

I personally dropped someone's CV to be considered for
bank job and less than 20hours letter the person
received a call for interview.

And today I prayed and
my kid sis was given a visa....where as I have tried
severally without succeeding.

This, amongst other
bizzare
experiences have become a cause for concern.

Matured advice only please!
yours will surely come to you please do pray for me too I need ur prayer
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by olami234lekan(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pray for me I want to become Nigeria President come 2015
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
okeyokeyjah:
That means u don't know how to pray for ur self undecided

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by vanstanzy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

The thought process is the answer. With all due respect, your thought process towards yourself is that of impossibility, failure and the likes, that is why your prayers towards yourself don't work. While the thought process of those you pray for is positive and they channel it towards possibility of their prayers coming through. You really ought to change your negative thought process for the positive ones.
Here's what will help, read THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL and visit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_eg3xDp8s
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by raziboi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

ma broda don't mind dis people ..I believe u..pray for me ..ma name is Daniel Michael ..God knows ma hrt desire..pray for me pls
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
dorox:
Those other people are better at getting what they aim for than you, your prayers have absolutely nothing to do with their success.

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by playboy19(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:

I am wowed...I never saw it in this direction

Well, the first time i read your case, the first thing that came out of my mouth was, Hallelujah! Cos this is something i have been through before and trust me, it's unto glory. So you should be very very thankful to God regardless of your present situation.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by opcon(f): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Maybe u r gifted to intercede for others. Take time out and seek. Ur purpose in this life with God. U r special

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by benuegirl: 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
[quote author=koife post=28925227]I have noticed with a bit of pains that prayer works
on people and not me!

I thought so about myself for a very long time until I found out I was pushing the very wrong dreams. I was so blinded by my "human desires" that I didn't realise God had prepared a fulfilling path for me, far from what I ever thought of or dreamt of. Many educated women wouldn't go that path at the time I started but when they saw the transformation in me after a little while, they began to troupe to me to lend them the rope. Now I'm an employer, supporting many. Even those who looked down on me ogle at me when they see me now. Right now, there's almost nothing I ask God about this business that I don't get.

LESSON: 1. You're praying for the wrong things
2. It's not time for your turn around yet, probably because you won't
Be able to manage the success that will come with it.
3. God wants you even closer than you think you're

Think over these and ask God to show you yourself. From there u can see your prayers getting the answers you always desired.

REMEMBER, When you get there, BE HUMBLE. Pride goes before a fall. And do not rob God.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
opcon:
Maybe u r gifted to intercede for others. Take time out and seek. Ur purpose in this life with God. U r special
See sample

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by spartanian(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

OP please help me pray so that I will be granted the VISA I applied for, thank you.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Longstride:

Lazy friend prays for himself and his hardworking friend.
Hardworking friend works and get results.
Lazy friend does nothing and doesn't get results.
Lazy friend complains that his prayers seem to work for others but not him.
dorox:
Those other people are better at getting what they aim for than you, your prayers have absolutely nothing to do with their success.

I'm glad you two were the first comments on this thread, though OP skipped right over this to get to the praise grin

3 Likes

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
The devil is tempting me to prank OP...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by 100Cents: 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

My brother, let us join hands in prayers for your matter.

My prayers work too..
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by 100Cents: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
U have been called to consecration... Even me my prayers work on anybody i come in contact with me but mine are denied.. Apostle paul says in the bible that we are poor but thru our prayers we make many rich. So consecrate urself to GOd and live a life of self denial and see urself fully a servant of the Lord

Brother, all you need do is pray for someone like me who will appreciate you later.

Some people don't know how to say thank you just like the nine lepers in the bible. Where only one leper returned to thank Jesus..

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
100Cents:

My brother, let us join hands in prayers for your matter.

My prayers work too..
Tnx for being desirous to pray for me...I am gong to tarry the night to prayer in response to point most of you have raised...they are touching and indeed eye opener, I feel blessed to have most of you as brother tho I dnt knw you all. .May God in his infinitr mercy grant ur hrt desires acording to his purpose.Amen!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ThaProphet(m): 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
Maybe you should stop praying, bruv. I can sort of relate to this without the praying part. I often spend too much time helping people out. I'm not doing bad myself but I know I could do a bit better if I were to become more self centred.

I noticed that the people you mentioned were actively pursuing something and were working at it (I'm not saying that you are sitting ducks). Sooner or later and without your prayers, they were going to succeed anyway.

There is no way to ascertain that your prayers caused their "successes". I am sure you must have prayed for others who did not achieve what they came to you for prayers for. If you can honestly say that 100% of the people you pray for have had their prayers answered 100% of the time, then I can say that you indeed have a "blessing", not a problem. If not, pray less and work more.

If I pray for someone applying for a visa, there are only two outcomes, they either get it, or get declined = 50/50 chance. The visa didn't come out of the blue. It's not magic neither is it a miracle, work was put in, people get visas.

The bank hired that person whose CV you dropped because they needed someone to fill a gap. Maybe you should have dropped yours instead? (if you are looking for a bank job, that is)

It is quite normal for those whom you teach to perform better than you because, you spent your time developing them, rather than yourself. This is not a bad thing if we lived in a collective/communal society where successes and failures are shared by all but unfortunately, we live in an individualistic one.

Don't feel depressed or worried bro, keep working, pray for others less.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by PrinxPeera(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Maybe ur callin is 2 b an interssesor
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by xtervaganza(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
I smell fraud. This guy wants to establish his church o. Now he's indirectly telling his would be magas his prayers are effective
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by asodeboyede(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

Go and watch the movie My Conclusion by Shola-Mike Agboola! Then you'll get more clues on your situation!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
ThaProphet:
Maybe you should stop praying, bruv. I can sort of relate to this without the praying part. I often spend too much time helping people out. I'm not doing bad myself but I know I could do a bit better if I were to become more self centred.

I noticed that the people you mentioned were actively pursuing something and were working at it (I'm not saying that you are sitting ducks). Sooner or later and without your prayers, they were going to succeed anyway.

There is no way to ascertain that your prayers caused their "successes". I am sure you must have prayed for others who did not achieve what they came to you for prayers for. If you can honestly say that 100% of the people you pray for have had their prayers answered 100% of the time, then I can say that you indeed have a "blessing", not a problem. If not, pray less and work more.

If I pray for someone applying for a visa, there are only two outcomes, they either get it, or get declined = 50/50 chance. The visa didn't come out of the blue. It's not magic neither is it a miracle, work was put in, people get visas.

The bank hired that person whose CV you dropped because they needed someone to fill a gap. Maybe you should have dropped yours instead? (if you are looking for a bank job, that is)

It is quite normal for those whom you teach to perform better than you because, you spent your time developing them, rather than yourself. This is not a bad thing if we lived in a collective/communal society where successes and failures are shared by all but unfortunately, we live in an individualistic one.

Don't feel depressed or worried bro, keep working, pray for others less.
Ok...I droped my cv alongside just yesterdy, I have bera xperienz and I wrote my cv from an accepted standard and for ur record I should strt a phD in few month so I speak from spiritual point of view!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
xtervaganza:
I smell fraud. This guy wants to establish his church o. Now he's indirectly telling his would be magas his prayers are effective
I am Forced to bless you instead....ure favored to be lifted out of ignorance. By the same mouth you use to blaspheme The lord will cause u to to use it to work for him, now there is no hidding place for u. Its spoken!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by idu1(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
My guy pray for me first b4 I advise u on what to do......

Or open a prayer center and make ur money......
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ThaProphet(m): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:

Ok...I droped my cv alongside just yesterdy, I have bera xperienz and I wrote my cv from an accepted standard and for ur record I should strt a phD in few month so I speak from spiritual point of view!

Alright then bruh, my bad. However, one thing I was often advised is that you should never search for employment with a friend. That is like Samsung having an exhibition for its products and inviting Apple to have a stall there as well. You don't invite a competitor to your show. This emphasises my point about the type of society we live in.

The spiritual often eludes me, I must say.

I suppose you are making progress which is good.

All the best with your PhD bruh!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by jayedu108: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:

I am Forced to bless you instead....ure favored to be lifted out of ignorance. By the same mouth you use to blaspheme The lord will cause u to to use it to work for him, now there is no hidding place for u. Its spoken!
I jst sent u a text pls pray for me asap Godbless you.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
ThaProphet:

Alright then bruh, my bad. However, one thing I was often advised is that you should never search for employment with a friend. That is like Samsung having an exhibition for its products and inviting Apple to have a stall there as well. You don't invite a competitor to your show. This emphasises my point about the type of society we live in.

The spiritual often eludes me, I must say.

I suppose you are making progress which is good.

All the best with your PhD bruh!
D bible advises dah we shd live by faith n not sight...I'd suggest you make effort to have a good spiritual overview of event....I bet It will never elude you.
Alwys study to shw yurslf approved unto God ...and yu will knw d secrete things which hidden in d secrete only for the elect!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by fyomer: 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls hold on to your gift tight before it slips away from you,millions have ruin their live diabolically in search of this gift.So bro hold it tight and be patient,your reward will come in a way you never expected,dont be like JONAH AND THE NINEVITES,so many prophets around,but GOD prefer to use him under MUST.So,thank God you discvered your gift,

PLS DONT USE IT TO MAKE MONEY FOR NOW,PRAY WELL U GET DIRECTIONS,THRUOGH URSEL OR A GOOD MAN OF GOD,DONT EXPOSE URSELF TO ALL THESE WOLVES OR THEY WILL HIJACK U.
I BEG PRAY FOR ME OOOOOOOOOOOOO I DON TIRE FOR ONE PRAYER REQUEST
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
jayedu108:
I jst sent u a text pls pray for me asap Godbless you.
I got ur text, it was nice praying with you. I appreciate ur honest confessions but God has the final say. I bless you stil in prayer!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept / Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / What Is Your Church Theme For 2018?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.