Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... (19139 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by emaxpayne(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
I have noticed with a bit of pains that prayer works
on people and not me!

I have had the opportunity to pray and intercede for
people and it comes out positive, but one surprising
fact
is that I hardly get answers when I pray for
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

Fast forward to 2days ago. I prayed for someone who was
koboless, to have a surprise gift to the tune of
hundred
of thousands for a project she scrambled for. Less
than 56 hours later, she got it.

I personally dropped someone's CV to be considered for
bank job and less than 20hours letter the person
received a call for interview.

And today I prayed and
my kid sis was given a visa....where as I have tried
severally without succeeding.

This, amongst other
bizzare
experiences have become a cause for concern.

Matured advice only please!
Instead of praying y not thank God on what he has nt done but he will do. I believe God is always happy when we praise him nd in his happiness he does 4 us what we want, even without asking
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ThaProphet(m): 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:

D bible advises dah we shd live by faith n not sight...I'd suggest you make effort to have a good spiritual overview of event....I bet It will never elude you.
Alwys study to shw yurslf approved unto God ...and yu will knw d secrete things which hidden in d secrete only for the elect!

While I do somewhat believe in the spiritual, I don't dwell much on it. I suppose, I could do a better job at that.

See, your last paragraph is where I jump off the boat. I do not believe in such a thing as the "elect". It suggests that there are the "unelected". Those destined to be underprivileged. It's kind of ironic as well when I examine your Bank job example. It's quite peculiar, isn't it? Perhaps, your friend got the job instead of you because he/she was the "elect"? I know that I have drifted off the spiritual there but it still follows.

If we have an "elect" (in a sense, the elite) who have been given secrets then, isn't it unfair? No equal opportunities for all?
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
ThaProphet:

While I do somewhat believe in the spiritual, I don't dwell much on it. I suppose, I could do a better job at that.

See, your last paragraph is where I jump off the boat. I do not believe in such a thing as the "elect". It suggests that there are the "unelected". Those destined to be underprivileged. It's kind of ironic as well when I examine your Bank job example. It's quite peculiar, isn't it? Perhaps, your friend got the job instead of you because he/she was the "elect"? I know that I have drifted off the spiritual there but it still follows.

If we have an "elect" (in a sense, the elite) who have been given secrets then, isn't it unfair? No equal opportunities for all?
I quote me out of context...not literal elect but like d scripture puts it...a chosen generation, a perculiar nation...d saint..those who drank from the well! Do yu desire to drink frm the well...only then wil ur eyez b open to see d secret.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by lovegeneration(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

my broher let me say thise to first, God doesn't choose the equiped one but he equip the choose one so meaning if God does nt answer ur prayer doesn't mean he dint hear you but I want u to know that you can't equip ur self but God has equip you wit his gift of holy spirity which is more than a billoin dollar nd read B of 1peter 5 vs 7 says cast all ur burden on him cus care nd james 1 vs 22 &23 but be he doers of the word not hearers of the only that mean u re deceving ur selves, for if any be a hearer of the word nd nt doer is like a man beholding his natural face in glass:
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ThaProphet(m): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:

I quote me out of context...not literal elect but like d scripture puts it...a chosen generation, a perculiar nation...d saint..those who drank from the well!

Well, the bible uses language, doesn't it? A "chosen" generation. So, whether spiritual or not, some were not chosen. Correct me if I am wrong. So, their task is to try all their lives to meet the criteria set to become chosen or become lost forever?

Saint? Sainthood is determined by humans.

Perhaps I need to drink from this well that you speak of. grin
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Adiwana: 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Guy abeg i need this your prayers so badly..am serious oo.jux pray for me via my moniker

back to the topic..keep doing for others,God will grant you yours..never stop.:When i wrote my waec,my friend didnt read for his maths.was hoping for expo buh at the exam hall things didnt go his way..i read,so i helped in the little way i could..guess what?he had it C4 while i had it C5 upon no expo.i felt a little bit jealous buh i was like what if i failed,wetin i go dey talk sef.so i decided that it wasnt by my power buh na God do am.after we got our result,he called me and started telling me God will bless you,all those stuffs.
The bottom line is God knows wat he is doing.never stop

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by mogadet(m): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
hmmm
most times, the base of the lantern or candle is always dark, while it gives light to its surrounding. Yet, the purpose of the lamp is not defeated. But when the lamp gets to the midst of other lamps, its base gets lighted up & there is more light for the surrounding & dat is the glory of the light.

Bottom line: you're a light bro, keep shining, surround urself with people of likeminds, who can intercede for u. very soon, u will see changes. Iron shapens Iron.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
ThaProphet:

Well, the bible uses language, doesn't it? A "chosen" generation. So, whether spiritual or not, some were not chosen. Correct me if I am wrong. So, their task is to try all their lives to meet the criteria set to become chosen or become lost forever?

Saint? Sainthood is determined by humans.

Perhaps I need to drink from this well that you speak of. grin
Study any scripture nearest to u...-t wil quench ur thirst sir...well am on session shd u need prayer leme knw
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by semochendo1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

My brother, faith without action is dead, you dropped cv for someone, did you drop your own? You payed for someone who got a contract, did the contract just flew at him? your kid sista that got a visa, did they just bring the visa to her house? Hell NO! They take actions. You keep taking steps till you get there, don't just pray, take the right steps. Always ask yourself,.what must I do to change my situation..
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ballyjzworld(m): 11:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Op, isn't it fulfilling enough for your prayers to be answered no mater the angle it comes from? That alone should be a source of joy to you. Life is mirror, it reflects who u are. If u r happy 4 their achievements that came through u, yours too might end up coming through some other person.. So, the least u could do is to be happy 4 your answered prayers.. Be positive.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
semochendo1:

My brother, faith without action is dead, you dropped cv for someone, did you drop your own? You payed for someone who got a contract, did the contract just flew at him? your kid sista that got a visa, did they just bring the visa to her house? Hell NO! They take actions. You keep taking steps till you get there, don't just pray, take the right steps. Always ask yourself,.what must I do to change my situation..
Yes I droped my cv
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Adiwana: 12:04am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

Yes I droped my cv

keep praying&working..life is some how..God is there
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ThaProphet(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

Study any scripture nearest to u...-t wil quench ur thirst sir...well am on session shd u need prayer leme knw

Ah...many thanks for your kind offer but I think I'd pass. I'd feel a bit guilty taking up your time.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2014
I also need ur prayers, pls!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by luvola(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

Tnx sir, av been rejuvinated!
Please add me up -746F8F4C , whatapp - 07089328564 It urgent so let chat .
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 12:30am On Dec 17, 2014
Just to acknowlege the rciept of ur text to my personal line...imy heart goes out to you all!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Okijajuju1(m): 12:32am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

I would give you a mature advise but you would not agree its a mature advise because its not what you want to hear..

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by kunlejazz(m): 12:54am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

Many times, we pray for opportunities that we are not ripe for.
I'm convinced one of the reasons you don't get answers to your prayers is because you are not yet matured enough for the things you ask for.

Most of the time, what we need isn't more prayer but 'more growing'.

Seek advancement in your chosen profession, learn to do things better, seek relevant information, build relationships, then prayerfully 'grow into the answers'

I perceive that the reason those people you pray for get quick answers is because they have done all the growing they should in the process of toiling and, your prayers just causes their heavens to open and breaks the barriers (diabolical forces) holding what has been rightfully theirs.

Life is more spiritual than physical and should be treated as such. Deep calls unto deep.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by kunlejazz(m): 12:58am On Dec 17, 2014
mogadet:
hmmm
most times, the base of the lantern or candle is always dark, while it gives light to its surrounding. Yet, the purpose of the lamp is not defeated. But when the lamp gets to the midst of other lamps, its base gets lighted up & there is more light for the surrounding & dat is the glory of the light.

Bottom line: you're a light bro, keep shining, surround urself with people of likeminds, who can intercede for u. very soon, u will see changes. Iron shapens Iron.

Deep one there. More grace!

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by donbuchi1(m): 1:53am On Dec 17, 2014
Please can you pray for my problems to be over.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Pholayemi(f): 2:03am On Dec 17, 2014
D fact dat u pray for odas n dy see result. It mins God is der, he listens to u. Nw its u who rili nid to check ursef. N also. ask God y its lik dat. Atyms wen God dos somtin fr odas n urs is yt to com . It may be dat its nt d ryt tym fr u to gt wat u askin fr. Dnt say God dsnt hear u went to pray fr ursef. He is there n he listens. U jus av to kip prayin n kip doi his wil

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by MightySparrow: 3:00am On Dec 17, 2014
God's silence is an answer especially when he gives instruction and you disobey. Stop praying be courageous to think on your past relationship with him and take a step to obey.

Your prayer now is a sacrifice not obedience.

By personal experience, I know this brings more frustration.
Obedience is the answer.

Note: Prayer does not change God but you.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by prophetfire: 3:13am On Dec 17, 2014
Pray to ask God to show you who you are.its likely you have a divine call n u re nt following it. Not doing so can lead to this sort of frustration.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Godmann(m): 4:09am On Dec 17, 2014
I put it to you that you are lazy and selfish. A dangerous greedy character.

That is why you seem to underplay what God is doing for you, cornering other people's achievements as resultant of your prayer etc. Go fight God now.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 17, 2014
Ok, let me come in here. I believe in prayers oh, in fact very much , I believe that except God buildeth a house, they labour in vain that build.
But some people's prayer can be so annoying, yes so annoying.
Way back in my hustling days, I once was neighbor to man who will woke up and disturb be disturbing everyone with his useless prayers, yes I call them useless, this man will start laying hands on his sleeping children prophesying ,
You shall dominate
You be the first and not the last
You shall be doctors, lawyers , etc ! And so on.
Did I tell you these children has been at home for more than two terms because this idiot man could not come up with even the cheapest school fees. I mean as cheap as N3000 per term.
The idiot was an okada driver then but will leave for work around 10am and come back 12 noon to sleep and then go for afternoon and evening fellowship. I was aware because I was unemployed myself. His family was always in perpetual want.
My heart use to break each time I see those two kids playing while their mates were away to school.
I so detest the man and use to abuse him in my heart.
A single neighbor girl use to throw way words at him that a man that has a family does not work as he do, the lady kuku tell am say , no be for house future doctors and lawyers dey stay wey they became what there were. As you dey pray, make your children kuku dey go school as their mates are already in school.
Na so the idiot approached me one day, he said he will take me to a mountain and help me with prayers so I can secure a job fast enough, I nearly slap am that day, I was so annoyed, In fact vex catch me that day no be small.

Assuming he happened to pray according to him all this prayers to another responsible and hardworking father and his children turn out alright, he will start blaming God why his prayers were not answered.

My brother, stop believing in that rubbish of undeserving favour, it's because of it that a lot of people were duped by all these fake pastors .because they are always looking for things they didn't work for,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by mamamummy(f): 6:02am On Dec 17, 2014
Open your own church and start praying for people. You can start from your living room. That might be your calling.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by shigo20(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2014
I think GOD has called u 2 work 4 him and 2ru others he will enrinch u
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Praising200: 6:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Friend, its not that you are not working hard or lazy. what you have just described is a common phenomenon among rising prophets....i have seen it in all of them, thats how their Maker has designed their lives...thats the pathway to their destiny fulfilment. dont give up, keep helping and praying for people...at Gods time your exhaultation will come. remember you are not the only one in this shoe, there are several of you..and this has always been my advice to them.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 6:47am On Dec 17, 2014
mamamummy:
Open your own church and start praying for people. You can start from your living room. That might be your calling.
But most time this voice speak to me in dreams and even when I am awake that I am not to be known nor should I go public, that y it works best in secrete.....I personally don't believe I should be in the pulpit n maybe starting ministry will counter the instruction.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2014
well, their problem could be more shallow than yours. pray for your foundation agressively and after that, do a one week mercy prayer . mercy in anyway you have erred. forgive ppl dt have annoyed you. reversed all the curses u laid on ppl and d ones laid on u. u can also pray on any convenant working agaonst u- known and unknown, from urself, ur parents, ur village etc. There could be a legal ground dt d devil is using to block answers to ur self prayers and till u deal wit it, u might nt go further.

personally, am a fan of mercy prayers. whenever i meet a brick wall dt wont move, stop making any requests and revert to mercy prayer whenever i start, reveqlations start coming and from there, i know the direction to channel my prayers b4 i ever get back to requests.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2014
mercylicious:
well, their problem could be more shallow than yours. pray for your foundation agressively and after that, do a one week mercy prayer . mercy in anyway you have erred. forgive ppl dt have annoyed you. reversed all the curses u laid on ppl and d ones laid on u. u can also pray on any convenant working agaonst u- known and unknown, from urself, ur parents, ur village etc. There could be a legal ground dt d devil is using to block answers to ur self prayers and till u deal wit it, u might nt go further.

personally, am a fan of mercy prayers. whenever i meet a brick wall dt wont move, stop making any requests and revert to mercy prayer whenever i start, reveqlations start coming and from there, i know the direction to channel my prayers b4 i ever get back to requests.
Many thanks to you......you may help interceed for me in this respect.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by xtervaganza(m): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

I am Forced to bless you instead....ure favored to be lifted out of ignorance. By the same mouth you use to blaspheme The lord will cause u to to use it to work for him, now there is no hidding place for u. Its spoken!
hahahahahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? / Is It A Sin / Lethebo Rabalago Uses Insecticide To 'Heal' Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.