Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Let Us Talk Marketing! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Let Us Talk Marketing! (3943 Views)

Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. / Plantain Cultivation Is Increasing, Let Us Talk About The Market. / Tomatoes Farmers Let Us Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Hello house, anybody that needs CHI specific day old chicks should contact me. We can get it for you within 48hrs of booking instead of the normal long time waiting. My contact is 08038619766.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by Juliana7: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Wow! This is a very nice thread, kudos to all who have constructively contributed to dis thread. Indeed marketing is key, speaking from experience. I lost badly when i planted maize twice as a result of bad marketing. So for dis reason i am following dis thread with keen interest.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by jethro2: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Calling on interested youth farmers. Practising farmers. Indicate your crop, location and no of acres or hectares
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2015
following..............my boss.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2015
@jasper and other contributors, ......talking of standard is a great task.
Lets look at it from another perspective. Practical farmers are not the same in term of experience and years of practice. Due to this vertical fact, the standard we are trying to achieve must be in series. We cannot reach there by a single project. In the same vein, training farmers is what all advocate. What of training the "would be" marketers. Jethro got it highly right that we have unemployed youth on the forum who could be potential marketers. These youths are graduate of different disciplines. If not properly informed and well trained, i think success of this kind of project could be hindered if not sabotaged.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by OkunrinMeta: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2015
I think we have a lot of wonderful contributions on this thread. I will just suggest, we start from a single crop, specify every guidline about that crop, the choice of crop should be something majority farmers can do even if they were into something else before. Get a location in lagos maybe ikorodu, advertise on radio lagos, tell every one to come to so so place for pepper, cuccumber, plantain or whatever crop u eventually agree on. This plan will cost money.

Another option (cheaper) is to look for marketers that will promote that specific crop to hotels and supermarkets all over lagos and organise the supply. You may also want to get all your farmers in a location like a farm settlement like what world1 is doing with plantain. I think it will be nice to have a pepper or cuccumber village. No need to buy the land. Leasing is better for now to minimize risk. Get all the farmers together, give the conditions, monitor the progress and sign agreements on profit sharing and how each member will contribute to the growth of the cooperation even if it will be after they ve made some money.

All i presently have to offer are my ideas, contribution and service sha. I just hate to see ideas like those in this thread wasted.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by goludayo: 7:10pm On May 05, 2015
jasper7:
On a personal note. I have hardly had a problem with marketing. Maybe because I studied business or just natural talent. I have a sweet tongue that way. Marketing words just rolls off my tongue naturally.

I am of the school of thought that if a farmer puts in as much effort as he does in farm work at marketing, he'll double his profit margin. But this is not very accurate because farm work will suffer therefore reducing productivity.

But, incoporating a marketing company whose sole aim is selling consumer goods to the retailers directly is not such a bad idea. I don't see why a farmer cannot be the farmer and the wholesaler at the same time.

I mean, what does it take to be a wholesaler? Finding retailers who you supply goods to at a reasonable price. That's all o. Nothing more. But they make you feel it is rocket science.

How do we reach this retailers? We need to step out from our farms a bit. Visit the markets. Reach people, talk with them. Introduce our products. And for this, you need to employ hands. As many hands as possible. Marketers, the same way the banks do.

Do you know that banks pay over a billion naira monthly to marketers. Whose only job is to source new account holders. Basically, you need an account, and the banks know that even without reaching out to you, you'll visit and open accounts in their banks. So.. why spend so much on something you'll still get in the long run?

The answer is simple. MARKET WAITS FOR NO ONE! If you understand this basic principle of marketing as a farmer, you are good to go.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by glade319(m): 4:12am On May 06, 2015
following with keen intrest
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by jethro2: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2015
2ND FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING When you pay N25,000 for a month training,
you automatically have:
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room has been arranged for participant to stay for a month
3. Seed will be given for you to pay at harvest
4. You can only plant vegetables
5. We will help to sell your vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all learn during the training
6. You must participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. You will pay for your tractor usage which is N3,000 per acre at the LGA. Trainee will take care of their farm labour
9. You get to feed yourself throughout the period
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
11. We take care of your accommodation for a month.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of July
14. Its on first pay first participating basis
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work.
Training dates July 6th - July 31st
Where Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Contact no 08064688501

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by jethro2: 10:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Need to sell your fresh vegetables? The market is here!!! We have access to open market vegetables all year round for farmers and intending farmers.
Re: Let Us Talk Marketing! by joeoagroworldnig(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2020
please I have fresh okra I want to supply, how do I go about it

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Buy Cucumber In Large Quantity / PALM OIL In Abuja selling @10kPer Keg / How To Smoke And Dry Catfish Using Firewood And Charcoal Fuelled Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.