Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Nobody Is Going To Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nobody Is Going To Heaven (2436 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
frosbel:

ah, you are a JW...Now I understand. I have few more comments to make about this later on.

thanks.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by josPlateau(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
frosbel:

Okay , before I answer this question, can you answer this one :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

^^^^

According to this scripture , can you tell us at what point Jesus came to take them to be with him ?

@Frosbel

i am here to learn.Can you go ahead and explain pls?
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
josPlateau:

@Frosbel
i am here to learn.Can you go ahead and explain pls?

ok, thanks.

Jesus told his disciples that he will go and prepare a place for them and then come back to receive them unto himself.

Now , Jesus died of course, was carried in the clouds to heaven, see Daniel 7:13-14 and then the disciples also died a little while later at different period.

Question : If we go to heaven immediately when we die, when did Jesus come back to receive the disciples onto himself.

i. Did he come secretly , a sort of secret rapture
ii. Did he come for them at the time of death and if yes, in what form ?
ii. Maybe this promise has not been fulfilled yet , ? see 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Choose one option.
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by adexsimply(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
MzNelly:

This is because the choosing of those who would go to heaven started after Jesus' death.
What happens to those prophets who died before the birth of jesus?
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by adexsimply(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
MzNelly:

I referred you to a portion in the Bible which states that there are 144,000 going to rule in heaven with Jesus over the earth.

Daniel 2:44 talks of a Kingdom which will never be brought to ruin. This kingdom will be headed with Jesus, alongside the 144,000.

So just 144,000 people would eventually make heaven? Who will they rule over?
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
adexsimply:
What happens to those prophets who died before the birth of jesus?

Resurrected to a paradise earth.
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
adexsimply:
So just 144,000 people would eventually make heaven? Who will they rule over?

Yes, just 144,000.
They'll rule over those of us who are later resurrected to a paradise earth.
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by adexsimply(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
MzNelly:

Yes, just 144,000.
They'll rule over those of us who are later resurrected to a paradise earth.
What are the criteria for choosing this 144,000?
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
adexsimply:
What are the criteria for choosing this 144,000?

Revelation 14:4 :

"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones who keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes....
Re: Nobody Is Going To Heaven by nep2ra(m): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
What did Jesus say about the resurrection from the dead?

Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!” ~ Mark 12:24-27 NIV

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” ~ Luke 14:12-14 NIV

Paul speaking:

" ...and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man." Acts 24:15-16 NIV

Paul speaking to the Corinthians about the resurrection:

"But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 1 Cor 15:12-14 NIV

Study the whole of 1 Corinthians 15 to read more about the resurrection of the dead.

According to the Bible, when people die they do not go to heaven. They are waiting in the grave for the Resurrection Day. Nobody is in heaven and nobody is going to heaven.

Many Christians are poor Bible students.

Shiooor!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Simple Mathematics For All Christians To Know / What Happens To Christians Who Commit Suicide? - Paul Ellis / Proof that Jesus is not the Name Of The Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.