Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,874 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag (13173 Views)

Woman divorces her husband because he was too good to her(Photo) / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Elcapo(m): 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
25 years lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by condralbede(m): 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
She took a nice decision, 25 years of marriage with five children, you guys for Don bleed well nah.I blve its excess of alcoholic the mechanic man usually consumes that raise his moral to beat his wife.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by nationwide1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
I pity that judge. He might be doing his duty but his duty doesn't include 'putting asunder what God had joined together'.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nuella222(f): 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
I no understand, are this couple gay.....marriage between Romoke and "his" husband .....she only divorce him becos she now hav a concubine*scratching my head*

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by DoTheNeedful: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
I can never beat my wife. NEVER angry. The kind of woman that i will be tempted to beat, i can never marry. I need a mate not a subordinate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
echobee:

Itumoooooooooo? angry angry angry angry angry
Aiiti ko ifa nle, ifa ti n se....
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by maylisa(f): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Good move by her
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by MrHighSea: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nigeria news headline. Wait.o d rate of divorce don dy overtake marriage rate. Wat shd young men lyk me do?
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by hensben(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
what will make me to have two wives
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by KanwuliaJara: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
. . . . And this made news? undecided
Kudos to the woman! Let the "Christian God" not be annoyed! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:
What kind of man is he that he can't provide for his household....... And he still demand to be respected?
Take a trip to Kenya. You'll find plenty of such men (85% of them).
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by englishmart(m): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
echobee:

Itumoooooooooo? angry angry angry angry angry
what's all these itumoooooos you've been posting?
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by dre11(m): 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
GoodGirl2:

Am so sure u know more about them because I did know you from the BBA thread.

But, is it the women that owns the children in that place that makes them to behave like that
Or
It's a cultural thing
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by abbey621(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
What do you expect when you mix poverty+ illiteracy+ polygamy.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:
Am so sure u know more about them because I did know you from the BBA thread.

But, is it the women that owns the children in that place that makes them to behave like that
Or
It's a cultural thing
It's a question we all ask ourselves up to this very day. We don't understand that phenomenon.
My father's generation was so different though as they were very much responsible.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Ilekeh(f): 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
She ran away from a husband that physically abuses her........

African women are learning.

Smart woman. Unlike the do or die marriage of nowadays.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Ilekeh(f): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
abbey621:
What do you expect when you mix poverty+ illiteracy+ polygamy.

She left before he married another woman. She left because he was physically abusing her.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by dre11(m): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
GoodGirl2:
It's a question we all ask ourselves up to this very day. We don't understand that phenomenon.
My father's generation was so different though as they were very much responsible.

That means the mother have to search inward and check out what kind of manners and home training they give to these guys during their formative years

Because that's where u begin to shape the kind of person you want your child to be. ........

#mothers are the person I blame from this collapse
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by zboyd: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmm...where are the voices of those Nairalander women who say...

...they will never leave their husbands, no matter what because God hates divorce?
...they will only leave their husbands, due to infidelity?

Where are the voices of those Nairalanders who say things like this to a woman who dares divorce her brutish husband..."Some ladies are naturally stubborn. African ladies are different from Western ladies. They deserve it at times", "What guarantee does a divorced woman have that the next man she marries won't be worse?", "Who does she think is going to marry her at her age?", "Good luck finding a new husband!" "Selfish woman! No thought of her children!", ...whenever a thread or story pops up like this?

...and the silence is almost deadening

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Ilekeh(f): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:
That silly of her.
She endure 25 years of beating regime, her son may Ve learn of that from the dad as she endure all this years and tomorrow we will Ve another woman beater on loose.

To all man that beat woman, God curse are on you Holatin chapter 44vs 9

At least she left before the "we don't do divorce in Africa" winches caught up to her.

No one should endure or tolerate abusive relationships. But we know how una for Nigeria like to carry marriage untop of your head like destiny.

They say Yorubas have high divorce rate. I respect that because as a Yoruba woman I know that I won't be culturally forced to stay with a husband that verbally, physically and/or emotionally abuse me. Yoruba man would gladly welcome his daughter back home if her husband abuses her. We don't do marriage by force, marriage by fire over here.

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
GoodGirl2:

Your 85% is exaggerated
If you took a trip to Kenya you will find out that women beat men too, And its just as common as the men.

In 2012, there were 460,000 cases of domestic abuse were reported in central Kenya by men alone. Central Kenya is where there is the largest number of men beaters.

Of these, 150,000 had reported undergoing emotional abuse while 300,000 cases had been physically assaulted. The 300,000 men in Central Kenya who were battered by their spouses, makes the region the worst place in the country for men in wedlock.

in 2013, It was found that 1/3 of men in marriage are abused by there women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQu__0lwgw0
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by PrettySpicey(f): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
25 years of whooping her azz and she never whooped his And he just gets to go free? C'mon undecided
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by holatin(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ilekeh:

At least she left before the "we don't do divorce in Africa" winches caught up to her.

No one should endure or tolerate abusive relationships. But we know how una for Nigeria like to carry marriage untop of your head like destiny.

They say Yorubas have high divorce rate. I respect that because as a Yoruba woman I know that I won't be culturally forced to stay with a husband that verbally, physically and/or emotionally abuse me. Yoruba man would gladly welcome his daughter back home if her husband abuses her. We don't do marriage by force, marriage by fire over here.
confirm Omo rere

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
dre11:

That means the mother have to search inward and check out what kind of manners and home training they give to these guys during their formative years

Because that's where u begin to shape the kind of person you want your child to be. ........

#mothers are the person I blame from this collapse
Both parents are responsible. Fathers can also be role models to their sons. Most boys ape what they see their fathers doing.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
denisfidha:

Your 85% is exaggerated
If you took a trip to Kenya you will find out that women beat men too, And its just as common as the men.

In 2012, there were 460,000 cases of domestic abuse were reported in central Kenya by men alone. Central Kenya is where there is the largest number of men beaters.

Of these, 150,000 had reported undergoing emotional abuse while 300,000 cases had been physically assaulted. The 300,000 men in Central Kenya who were battered by their spouses, makes the region the worst place in the country for men in wedlock.

in 2013, It was found that 1/3 of men in marriage are abused by there women.
I was responding to something different, not domestic violence.
A member of the forum was talking about men who fail to provide for their families, hence my comment telling him to take a trip to Kenya where such men do exist in plenty.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
oloworulz:
I wount judge, some ladies are naturally stubborn . African ladies are different from western ladies. They deserve it atimes

Ode ni Bobo yi ke! So that's how ur dad beats ur mum cos she deserves it, na so ur brother in law go kill ur sister, go marry oyinbo na,she will use police to send u out at 3am..
The nansence u guys try with black women,u can't try it with white ladies o! Ode buruku
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by oloworulz(m): 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
ajuwarhodes:

Ode ni Bobo yi ke! So that's how ur dad beats ur mum cos she deserves it, na so ur brother in law go kill ur sister, go marry oyinbo na,she will use police to send u out at 3am..
The nansence u guys try with black women,u can't try it with white ladies o! Ode buruku
wetin dis daft dey talk sef? I no even understand am... It seems he is drunk or he got no brain. I suspect d 2nd one sha
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by ladygogo: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
zboyd:
Hmmm...where are the voices of those Nairalander women who say...

...they will never leave their husbands, no matter what because God hates divorce?
...they will only leave their husbands, due to infidelity?

Where are the voices of those Nairalanders who say things like this to a woman who dares divorce her brutish husband..."Some ladies are naturally stubborn. African ladies are different from Western ladies. They deserve it at times", "What guarantee does a divorced woman have that the next man she marries won't be worse?", "Who does she think is going to marry her at her age?", "Good luck finding a new husband!" "Selfish woman! No thought of her children!", ...whenever a thread or story pops up like this?

...and the silence is almost deadening

grin grin grin
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Pholayemi(f): 3:06am On Dec 17, 2014
Am sure she gave him sooooo many opportunities to change.
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
GoodGirl2:
I was responding to something different, not domestic violence.
A member of the forum was talking about men who fail to provide for their families, hence my comment telling him to take a trip to Kenya where such men do exist in plenty.
I think you can find men who can't provide for there families in plenty of african countries with a poor population. Angola with a population of 22million has 43% living below poverty line - thats roughly 9.5 million, kenya with a population of 45million with poverty rate at 44% - thats about 20million, Nigeria approx 180million with poverty rate at 33- thats roughly 59million folks, egypt population 87millio poverty @ 25%, thats 21million folks that cant provide for there families
Re: Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
denisfidha:

I think you can find men who can't provide for there families in plenty of african countries with a poor population. Angola with a population of 22million has 43% living below poverty line - thats roughly 9.5 million, kenya with a population of 45million with poverty rate at 44% - thats about 20million, Nigeria approx 180million with poverty rate at 33- thats roughly 59million folks, egypt population 87millio poverty @ 25%, thats 21million folks that cant provide for there families
You don't necessarily need to have abundant wealth to be a provider. I'm actually making reference to those who CAN but WON'T provide because they don't think it's their primary responsibility to be breadwinners. They leave it to their wives because their culture doesn't scorn redundant men (read Central, Eastern and part of the Rift-valley). In fact, THEY actually think their wives are responsible for the family and not them. Why do you think men are being thrashed in Nyeri?
How is it possible that the women are able to provide in this same country where majority live below "poverty line"?

Denisfidha, tuseme tu ukweli bwana. Watu hawataki family responsibility and that's how it is. Hata foreigners wenye wanaishi Kenya observe the same thing. There's some truth in it bwana. Central province takes the cake. Wamelaaniwa kabisa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corrections Men Hate From Women! / What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.