Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Oil 55$ Per Barrel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil 55$ Per Barrel (2861 Views)

Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) / Oil Crash: Nigeria Producing At $5 Per Barrel Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by manot: 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
let d oil crash like humpty, dumpty, dis oil is causing too much problem in Nigeria
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by itstpia8: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
dis oil is causing too much problem in Nigeria

true that.
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
iCool:

I guess your earnings are in dollars.

Operating companies in naija are downsizing, servicing companies are not having jobs... It's not so good for the larger population.
Bro, like someone said above, thing will return to normalcy in due time... Even the almighty recession disappeared after sometime.

It's just history doing it's thing.

1 Like

Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by ejiro2130(m): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
rozayx5:

i hope they do, seems the country does not seek the advice of commodity traders like us, and other Oil analysts who got warnings of a crash months ago sad

Where did the warming come from?? Who warmed who?? 2months ago oil companies in America where hiring workers like mad now they are dropping those same workers.... Nobody predicted oil at dis price months ago, stop claiming smart
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by ejiro2130(m): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
itstpia8:

true that.

Oil is not the one really causing the problems the problem is the coming election, with all the arms everywhere, with buhari representing apc with warships in Nigeria's waters investors are not just confidence enough to put their money here
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by rozayx5(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
ejiro2130:

Where did the warming come from?? Who warmed who?? 2months ago oil companies in America where hiring workers like mad now they are dropping those same workers.... Nobody predicted oil at dis price months ago, stop claiming smart

sorry i saw it coming, and its going to get worse whether u believe it or not grin grin grin

any where it goes am making bills who cares
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by ejiro2130(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Deyou:
oil price fluctuates or cycles after every 5 to 8yrs.

in 2009, it dropped from 147 USD to 45 USDS and nothing happened.

It will bounce back when the people that controls the price are ready to bring it back up.

This is what many Nigerians don't understand, I like your last sentence it will bounce back when the US, Russia and Saudi Arabia stop fighting over market shares and the US is happy to see Russia suffer

1 Like

Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by ejiro2130(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
rozayx5:

sorry i saw it coming, and its going to get worse whether u believe it or not grin grin grin

any where it goes am making bills who cares

What bills?? Have u ever heard of the word redundancy Bros pray it stabilise I know what happened when gold price fell
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by rozayx5(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
ejiro2130:

What bills?? Have u ever heard of the word redundancy Bros pray it stabilise I know what happened when gold price fell

let them keep falling cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

need to buy and hold for a year cool cool
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
hardship is coming to the masses.

The corrupt elite would still have plenty to eat.

Perhaps the hardship would wake the masses up from their sleep and get them on the streets to protest corruption.

1 Like

Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
major466:

The North are blind to innovation and development because of their mentality. TRUE FEDERALISM is the final answer to Nigeria's problems.

Gbam
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 17, 2014
ejiro2130:

bro, dem no send me message o... But if I should speak... Rozayx5 is a bad azz forex trader and he trade oil online. You may be older than he but trust me... Offline even bank workers are seeking his teaching. He is one of the very few REAL forex traders with proof to show you.

There are some of them here on nairaland as well...

However, I can't refute his claims because analyst exist for a reason and therefore forecast with near accuracy must have taken place before it happened.
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
hardship is coming to the masses.

The corrupt elite would still have plenty to eat.

Perhaps the hardship would wake the masses up from their sleep and get them on the streets to protest corruption.
Sadly, Nigerian masses are WEAK!

We fear to fight for freedom, we fear to fight for justice. We no wan die, mama dey for house, papa dey for house-- Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, Abami Eda!

1 Like

Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by OneDemola: 6:07am On Dec 17, 2014
rozayx5:
the Oil price keeps crashing
Nigeria on the brink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Is this Brent or WTI ? Remember that our bonny light is indexed to Brent.
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by rozayx5(m): 8:43am On Dec 17, 2014
OneDemola:

Is this Brent or WTI ? Remember that our bonny light is indexed to Brent.

light sweet crude oil futures
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
rozayx5:

light sweet crude oil futures
How many liters make a barrel? lipsrsealed
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by 100Cents: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2014
rozayx5:
the Oil price keeps crashing
Nigeria on the brink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Cramjones on the brink..

Good for Nigeria..

Answers to prayers..
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by 100Cents: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2014
wordcat:

Walahi! I wish the thing go fall reach $10 per barrel

Me too, watching the legislooters from on top my banana tree..
Re: Oil 55$ Per Barrel by 100Cents: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Adminisher:
Jonathan cannot manage this. He is a coward. Billionaires need to be taxed and Senator/Reps salaries should be reduced. The corruption in the Military should be stopped and number of ministries should be reduced by 100%.

I was reading with rapt attention the newly introduced taxes on luxury goods. It was typically faulty like every other thing in Nigeria.

How will they tax a luxury good only once at the point of importation while one single individual in this county has about 4 private jets which he will keep using for the next 20 years without being taxed ? Does it make sense ?

These type of goods, private jets, yatches and luxury cars should be taxed annually to the tune of 2% of their import or purchase value. If resold, the new buyer will be taxed at the resold/ purchase price.

This is how it should be.

Buy a $50 million Gulf stream jet. At N170 to dollar which translates to N8.5billion.

Pay 2% tax to Government every year for owning such a luxurious item. That is cool N170 millon to govt coffers. The owner's eyes go open.

If the Private jet is resold at N3billion to a new owner. Then the new owner will be paying 2% of the resell value to govt, that is N60million per annum. That way every one is happy

Okonjo Iweala has many ways of making money for Nigeria but she doesn't want to do it. She should know more than this. Someone shouldn't go and steal government money freely and splash it on luxury cars, private jets, yatches and mansions. He should also know that he will be forfeiting part of its value back to government..

America is rich because it taxes its wealthy elites to run the government. She has lived there many years..

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Doctor Tells This Beautiful Lady That The Only Cure Is To Vote Buhari / IPOB Defy Military Warning to Rally For Election Boycott (video) / Atiku Vs Buhari: How The 36 States Will Vote On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.