Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

Day 2 Of Oil Workers Strike: Abuja Fuel Attendants, Commercial Drivers Cash In - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Day 2 Of Oil Workers Strike: Abuja Fuel Attendants, Commercial Drivers Cash In (621 Views)

Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Strike Action From Tomorrow / Lagos Commercial Drivers To Start Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day 2 Of Oil Workers Strike: Abuja Fuel Attendants, Commercial Drivers Cash In by firstafricanews: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
The three-day warning strike embarked on by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has entered its second day, but not without the attempt by filling station attendants and commercial drivers to cash in.

From sky-rocketing fares for cabs and buses to underhand tactics by fuel station attendants and the increase in the number of ‘black-market’ dealers, the commuter is everyone’s target.

But it is no one’s fault, except the Federal Government’s, that is.

A motorist who was queuing to buy fuel at the NNPC filling station at the Hali Brothers Road, Zone 3, Isaiah Eleke, told FirstAfricaNews that no “sensible person” can expect him to “drop” them for just N200, at least.

“I can’t do that, my brother. See now; I don dey line since around 5am and I never get fuel. If I finish from here, may be time go be around 2 or 3pm and today don go finish. I need to account for how today use go. I get family like the persons wey dey work for government or private and I no fit tell them story.Make nobody blame anybody. Na oil marketers and government be our common enemy,” he said.

Just like Eleke, Tubosun Majeed, another motorist who was queuing at the ConOil filling station in Area 10, does not think it is fair to blame the commercial motorist.

He said: “See, I am just like you. Maybe, as a paper person, you go don hear say fuel wan scarce and you go buy your own full house. In my case, I no hear and I dey here dey queue. Na the price wey I buy will determine how much I charge my customers. No be my fault. If government no fail oil workers, dem for dey brng fuel dey come dey go jeje. No wahala. But e don become tradition now; na every Christmas and New Year n aim we dey hear or see all this kind thing. Any day wen dem stop their strike, petrol price go come down and we go start to carry customers normal price again. Na simple something.”

- See more at: http://www.firstafricanews.ng/index.php?dbs=openlist&s=8977#sthash.CpjNGO3b.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Indians Handling Death And Slavery Nigerians / Valentine Special Data Bundle Promo / Richest Women Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.