Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. (23758 Views)

Jonathan Seeks Support Of Yoruba Leaders To Get More South-West Votes / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by retepmurt(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State on Tuesday said whether the All Progressives Congress picks its presidential candidate’s running mate from the South-West or not, the zone would vote massively for President Goodluck Jonathan during the 2015 elections. He said the forthcoming presidential elections
would be about real issues and not about the
propaganda being spread by members of the
opposition party. The governor spoke with State House
correspondents shortly after attending a function
at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Mimiko boasted that people from the South-West
know their onions when talking about
enlightenment and in terms of long history of
progressive political engagement. He recalled that during the 2011 elections, when
there was no Peoples Democratic Party governor in
the South West, Jonathan won in all the states in
the region except one. He said, “We are waiting for APC to get their
candidate but there is no question about the fact
that in terms of, I am saying this with all sense of
humility, enlightenment, especially in appreciation
of issues of politics, in terms of long history of
progressive political engagement, you give it to South-West that they know their onions. “Don’t forget that even in 2011 when Mr. President
did not have any governor in the South West, he
won in all the South West states apart from one. “And I tell you, in the South West, we can sift issues
from propaganda. We know the difference
between propaganda and the real stuff. “What we have seen today is real stuff. Everybody
that was at this presentation cannot but come to
the conclusion that the transformation agenda of
Mr. President in agriculture is working. “Again, this is real stuff. This is not propaganda.
And I tell you, in the South-West, this election will
be about real stuff, it’s about issues not about
propaganda. “I have no doubt in my mind that the South West
will vote for President Jonathan to continue along
this path of very useful engagement and
productive government.” In a separate interview, Governor Gabriel Suswam
of Benue State berated a former Minister of State,
Industry, Trade and Investment, Samuel Ortom, for
dumping the PDP after failing to clinch the party’s
governorship ticket in his state. He said the development only confirmed that many
politicians lack principles and ideologies,
describing it as unfortunate.http://www.punchng.com/news/vp-slot-mimiko-dares-apc-on-south-west-votes-2/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Perfectwazobia: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
They will vote for GEJ in his dreams

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by FastShipping: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
This was the same Mimiko that came out to claim 16 was greater than 19 during the Governor forum saga. What a shameless human being Mimiko is.

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Adminisher: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
This man has lost his state already. The President is unlucky to have these liars working for him.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
i have said those expecting a landslide for Buhari in the South West are likely to be involved in violence, when the results are announced!

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Blackfire(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
*packing my load* 2015 go bad gan," am going to sambisa,who wan join me?"

5 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by slimfit1(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
What do we expect him to say, him and akwa ibom people have moved their state capital to abuja.

18 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by wengerjay(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mimiko has totally lost his popularity in Ondo state.
He is not qualified to be a mouthpiece for the yorubas.He is no more relevant in his state nt to talk of the whole south-west.
Ask the artisans,the market women,drivers and civil servant in ondo state,they wil tell u mimiko will meet his waterloo on the day of presidential election.
He is decieving jonathan that he is going to deliver his state and southwest as a whole.

70 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by emiye(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
He recalled that during the 2011 elections, when
there was no Peoples Democratic Party governor in
the South West, Jonathan won in all the states in
the region except one

The above statement in quote is wrong.

Ogun state and Oyo state in 2011 were all PDP states. Osun and Ekiti were also PDP states 4/5 months before the election.

The dynamics have changed Mimiko........Stop giving GEJ false hope.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by courage54(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
DREAMERS

IT will be easier for Accord party to win Ebonyi, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Niger state, Abia, Enugu, Cross Rivers, and Bayelsa than PDP winning any south-west state. The Yorubas are too intelligent for them to reward a failed party with another term. They are the only tribe in Nigeria that dont vote base on sentiment.

SAI BUHARI.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by tit(f): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
tinubu is very popular in yoruba!
we will follow him anywhere.
we can do drug pushing for him too.
he does not need to dirty his hands anymore
when he has tools like adminisher.

18 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by fagbalex(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
he only said it to get his own share out of the national cake. as far am concern we the progressive minded people of Ondo state will vote massively for Buhari come 2015...... no matter how una try dent his pedigree, we stand firm to change God bless Nigeria!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by kokoA(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Why are these PDP people more concerned about Buhari's running mate than APC?

62 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by OllaMeeDeey: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
#yinmu make una sleep dere

A Secret letter written to former president Olusegun Obasanjo by GEJ Revealed!!!
http:///AqpPo
Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by mindworx: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
deceive yasef

1 Like

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Pajames4all: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
nothing will happen
Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by ichidodo: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
South west will be cleaved in two therefore the battle ground will shift to the middle belt or North Central.Plateau,Kogi,Nassarawa,Abuja Benue,Kwara,Niger et al will determine the winner...

7 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Maczeelly(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mimiko na. I pity pass ooooo

Vote 4 CHANGE

11 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by mrlaw93(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mimiko is another clueless partner of GEJ.. He could only point out Agriculture of the 7point agenda.. Like the agriculture really worked sef.. We re Voting You All Out Come 2015..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Maczeelly(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mimiko na u I pity pass ooooo

Vote 4 CHANGE

4 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by naijasaints: 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol..well he is rite..we will never vote for jonathan again cos we are too enlightened to be beaten twice.

23 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Firefire(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Good talk

South Western People are not morons, it is only a fly without an adviser, that usually follow the corpse to the grave. cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Blazinraj01(f): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
kokoA:
Why are these PDP people more concerned about Buhari's running mate than APC?
I wonder o cheesy

5 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by semitunde: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Someone should wake this governor up. Its time for him to pray - that he's not carried away by the wind of change.

7 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by ionsman: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mimiko go back to your iroko tree.....

11 Likes

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Is this the guy who got stoned by his constituents?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by jamesbawa(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
OK o
Re: VP Slot:Mimiko Dares APC On South-West Votes. by Firefire(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Blackfire:
*packing my load* 2015 go bad gan," am going to sambisa,who wan join me?"

I am suspecting you, why Sambisa when the girls are still there ? Why not Somalia or Iraq grin

I beg change your route.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ojudu To BBOG: Buhari Didn't Kidnap Chibok Girls, Stop Coming To Aso Rock / Wale Bolorunduro (Aregbesola’s Finance Commissioner) Dumps APC For PDP / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.