Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser (24793 Views)

Test Your Self 'quantitative ' / ..............brain Teaser.......test Your Sense Of Reasoning..(photo) / Test Your Intelligence With These Three Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Here is a riddle for the cerebral ones

You are given 9 identical balls of the same colour , same size and almost identical weights except of course one ball is slightly lighter than the remain 8 ( the remaining 8 have the same weight and everything ). You have to pick out the lighter ball with the use of a weighing balance ( see figure ) but the catch is you can only use the balance twice , how do you pick out the lighter ball ?
Note: You can not use perception to judge the weights as they are almost the same weight ( like 100g and 98g ) and you can only use the balance twice.

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by percyoats(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
In order to confirm which sister is lying and since we do not know which of them is standing on what road, I would ask the 1st girl if the other girl is her sister... If she says yes then we know she is not the one that lies. Then I would move to the other girl and ask which road leads to never land... and of cos she would point to the road that leads to the village.

However, If the 1st girl lies and says " no" the other girl isn't her sister, then we would have confirmed she is the sister that lies and hence proceed to ask the other girl which road leads to never land/the village since at this point the answer has proven she isn't the one that lies... I would get the appropriate directions from her. #Gbam... Solved!

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by peculiarabacus(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
LIKE I DO SAY:::::since am allow to ask a question...just move to one girl and ask after checking my time

ME:excuss me miss what is it by your time??
SHE:2:00
Me:check my time(its 6:30)

I go pick race follow the other one cus she's the one that tells the truth...whatever she does is true
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Namzy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
Been answering this question since my jss3 and you all failed it. The riddle says ask one question and you all are asking to find out the liar from the truthful twin. If you find out who is who congrats but you still have not gotten to where you are going and remember its one question which you have exhausted. Still waiting for the person to answer this riddle.
Hint ask them a question that will make them point in the same direction. Just Gave you expo.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Namzy:
Been answering this question since my jss3 and you all failed it. The riddle says ask one question and you all are asking to find out the liar from the truthful twin. If you find out who is who congrats but you still have not gotten to where you are going and remember its one question which you have exhausted. Still waiting for the person to answer this riddle.
Hint ask them a question that will make them point in the same direction. Just Gave you expo.

Answered it already
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Namzy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Answered it already
Kk just saw it now. Really difficult swimming through failure posts
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Namzy:

Kk just saw it now. Really difficult swimming through failure posts

Try the riddle I posted it's just 3 posts above your initial post
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by percyoats(m): 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
The 1st thing I would do is to separate the balls in to three groups of 4, 4 & 1. Then I would commence the 1st measurement using the 1st two groups of 4 & 4 leaving 1. If the weight of the beam is balanced. then it means the ball left out is the one with the lighter weight. Then there would be no need to commence further measurement. If however upon the very first measurement, the beam is not at equilibrium then it implies that the ball of lighter weight is contained in one of the pans which can be easily deduced by the relative balance of the pans. the lighter pan would be above the heavier pan.

I would further my measurement using the balls contained in the pan that shows the lighter weight. Ii would divide the balls in this pan in two groups of 2 & 2. I would commence my evaluation, picking each ball one by one in to separate pans. 1st ball out of the 1st set in one pan, then 2nd ball in the other pan noting the balance of the pan as I put in the 3rd ball and 4th ball... this way, if the balance was seen same as the 1st 2 balls were each placed in separate weighing pans, we can affirm that the ball of lighter weight is in the remaining two balls to be placed. By placing these balls, one can easily deduced the ball of lighter weight. by seeing the pan that weighs less after placing the last two balls... noting which balls where placed last is also very important since the balls are identical

neoapocalypse:
Here is a riddle for the cerebral ones

You are given 9 identical balls of the same colour , same size and almost identical weights except of course one ball is slightly lighter than the remain 8 ( the remaining 8 have the same weight and everything ). You have to pick out the lighter ball with the use of a weighing balance ( see figure ) but the catch is you can only use the balance twice , how do you pick out the lighter ball ?
Note: You can not use perception to judge the weights as they are almost the same weight ( like 100g and 98g ) and you can only use the balance twice.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by BisolaSexyKush(f): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

Both sisters know where the roads go.

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What will be your question?

Okay, let me give this a try. I will ask one sister what the colour of the sky is (it's going to be sky blue). If its the sister that tells the truth, she'll tell me the truth and I'll ask the lying sister for directions (And go the opposite direction coz she'd lie about this). And If the lying sister tells me the sky is a colour it's not, I know the other sister will tell the truth and I'll get directions from her.

Above it states that I don't know which is lying, it doesn't state that I don't know one lies and the other is truthful. Hope I got it right

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by percyoats(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
I already provided the answer to this riddle... like u said one question each... which means, u have two questions but can only use one on either. So logical u know who is who with ur first question from the 1st Sister and then u use ur 2nd to know where to go.from the 2nd sister

Namzy:
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by AdeniyiA(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
a dirty slap would bring me the answer. undecided
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Jadela(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
@ the original question,

The answer is very simple. I will ask either of the twins the question thus: "If I ask your second twin which road leads to the village, where would she point?". Thereafter, I'll simply choose the other road. One question is enough. I need not ask the second twin.

If I ask the one that speaks the truth, she would answer me that her twin sister will point in the wrong direction (Never-land). So, I'll choose the other way.

If I ask the one that lies, she would lie to me that her twin sister (who actually is truthful) will point in the Never-land direction. I'll still take the other direction. Either way, I'm good to go!

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by KLand(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

Both sisters know where the roads go.

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What will be your question?

Would you take me to the correct village?
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by ProcessQ: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
I will simply go to any of the twin girls and and ask:
Are you the twin sister of the other girl standing on the right road to the village? Her reply would give me all the right sure clue(s) I need to continue safely n surely on my way.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by iamimonitie(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
I would ask one of them a question I already know d answer to.. ( For example: "please what day of the week is. today?"..
Its a gamble, but the idea is that if I get an answer that's anything short of truthful, then ild know I was speaking to d untruthful twin, and then ild jst go to the other twin and ask d other sister d correct road to the village..

Now, like I said, its a gamble, because there's no way of knowing on face value who is d truthful or untruthful twin, and the problem with this approach would be that since I only get to ask each sister one question,there's a possibility I might ask d truthful sister d wrong question, and in that case there's no question ild decide to ask the other sister that would get me the correct direction to the village.,(because being the untruthful sistet, she'll always lie)
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by jayriginal: 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
donigspain:

You ask any of the sisters you FIRST approach:

Scenario A: Are you a female?
- If SHE answers "YES" then you proceed to the second sister (who you now know MUST be the liar sister) and ask which road leads to the village. Take the ALTERNATIVE road to her answer.

Scenario B: Are you a female?
- If SHE answers "NO" then she automatically is the liar sister and you proceed to the second sister and ask for which road leads to the village. Take her answer as the right road for she ALWAYS tells the truth.

Bravo!

Alternative and longer solution.

Let's say the real road is left and the fake is right.

Ask the first girl, which road will your sister show me. Both girls will point in the same direction. So for instance, knowing the right road is left, the liar will tell you that her sister will tell you its the right. The truth telling sister knowing the liar will deceive you, will tell you right as well.

Head left. Case closed!

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by searay(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
rexoluj:

The correct answer
very wrong.
Establish ed who is the lying sister first
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Elmgnifico(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Deductive method:
I would ask both of em' to pronounce FORK
D one that tells the truth would say F^k
Proof: she gushed out what ran to her mind with no iota of bias
D one that lies will say fek
Proof: she had f^k on her mind but she lied to herself, and since I don't give a fk ill be like i know you are lying but continue
Then ride on with the right babe direction
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Hawlahscho(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'm a Nigerian, I'll break d law and ask 2 of them. Abuse d liar and ignore d truthful one. Then take my leave, if any of them tries to abuse back, I'll beat them and cause trouble.

(I NO BE GENTLE MAN AT ALL)
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by searay(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
rexoluj:

The correct answer
very wrong.
Jadela:
@ the original question,
The answer is very simple. I will ask either of the twins the question thus: "If I ask your second twin which road leads to the village, where would she point?". Thereafter, I'll simply choose the other road. One question is enough. I need not ask the second twin.
If I ask the one that speaks the truth, she would answer me that her twin sister will point in the wrong direction (Never-land). So, I'll choose the other way.
If I ask the one that lies, she would lie to me that her twin sister (who actually is truthful) will point in the Never-land direction. I'll still take the other direction. Either way, I'm good to go!
How will you know who the lying sister is
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by ALKARULEZ615(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
VenusBetty:
So what will be your question?
don't getchu
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Eratosthenes(m): 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Which way would your twin sister tell me leads to village A? Whatever the answer is, I would go through the alternative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
percyoats:
The 1st thing I would do is to separate the balls in to three groups of 4, 4 & 1. Then I would commence the 1st measurement using the 1st two groups of 4 & 4 leaving 1. If the weight of the beam is balanced. then it means the ball left out is the one with the lighter weight. Then there would be no need to commence further measurement. If however upon the very first measurement, the beam is not at equilibrium then it implies that the ball of lighter weight is contained in one of the pans which can be easily deduced by the relative balance of the pans. the lighter pan would be above the heavier pan.

I would further my measurement using the balls contained in the pan that shows the lighter weight. Ii would divide the balls in this pan in two groups of 2 & 2. I would commence my evaluation, picking each ball one by one in to separate pans. 1st ball out of the 1st set in one pan, then 2nd ball in the other pan noting the balance of the pan as I put in the 3rd ball and 4th ball... this way, if the balance was seen same as the 1st 2 balls were each placed in separate weighing pans, we can affirm that the ball of lighter weight is in the remaining two balls to be placed. By placing these balls, one can easily deduced the ball of lighter weight. by seeing the pan that weighs less after placing the last two balls... noting which balls where placed last is also very important since the balls are identical

Wrong , you'll need to use the balance 3 times to arrive at your answer with this method. Try again
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by luvility(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
What's would ur sister say is d road dat lead to d village...that's d question to ask. Already done d question online..
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by tevinsolt: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask a question I know the answer to coupled with the direction to the village, that I weed out the liar.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by luvility(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Eratosthenes:
Which way would your twin sister tell me leads to village A? Whatever the answer is, I would go through the alternative.

very correct
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
searay:
very wrong.
How will you know who the lying sister is
You're the wrong one my dear.
You have only one question to ask only one sister
Any of the sisters could be standing in front of the right road.

It is an old riddle that has been solved many times , think it thru.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by tevinsolt: 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask a question I know the answer to already, that way I can weed out the liar.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask the 1st 1 u meet of road 2 village den ask d 2nd 1 if she is a twin. If d 2nd 1 say dey re twins den d 1st 1 is d liar so dont follow is words.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Answer: which way would your sister say leads to the village - simple as ABC
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by karpentar: 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Simple
Just ask a negative question to both girls like this:
Is this the road that doesn't lead to the village?
If it's that's the road that won't lead to the village, the dishonest babe will answer, "yes".
The honest one will also answer yes.
Then go to the other road.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Mykemore(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wait let me google it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Triangles Are There? / PES 19 Apk + OBB + Data Mod Download [pro Evolution Soccer 2019] Android / How Much Did You Spend Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.