Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25341 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2006
What about the life of Mohammed is out of context?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2006
And your point to the thread is ?

Muslims do not worship Muhammed if you dont know
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2006
someone asked me to support some claims I made so I did the google searches with koran,hadith and bukhari quotations.
Are they false,no.
What is wrong about this one.

3e. (4917) ‘A’ishah said: When we came to Medina, the women came to me when I was playing on the swing, and my hair were [sp] up to my ears. They brought me, prepared me, and decorated me. Then they brought me to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and he took up cohabitation with me, when I was nine.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by donmayor(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2006
Mohammed try o, strength of 30 men. Dats wat some girls are lookin for
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2006
When we came to Medina, the women came to me
which women? so all the women in the state noticed only her?
when I was nine
and my hair were [sp] up to my ears

lol,was she narrating her life to you?

lies or not i do not know

But the thread: Are muslims bad?
If u want to write about googled search you can open a new thread or write a book

How can human beings be sinless?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2006
loverbwoy,my answer is that there are "good muslims" and there are "bad muslims" by our human interpretations of good and bad.

Islam however has as its prophet a sinful perverted man and Islam has violent teachings so it is bad.

Killing and beheadings or immorality of any nature done by a Christian cannot take it's roots from the teachings of Christ ie it is totally unbiblical.

On the other hand,any muslim who marries a child,rapes women captured in war or marries multiple wives or kill "infidels" can claim to be following Mohammeds example and I just pasted it here in black and white.

Well those are aisha's own words,read your "holy books"and find out.
I did not write them
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2006
an autobiography of Muhammed is not a holy book

On the other hand,any muslim who marries a child,rapes women captured in war or marries multiple wives or kill "infidels" can claim to be following Mohammeds example and I just pasted it here in black and white.
i agree with you on that one

Common sense will dictate you take the good and leave the bad aspect other people wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2006
at least we agree on something.
It's noble of you to admit it.
So you mean the bukharis are wrong since they are not holy? lol

try this for size,he married his own niece,the child bride aisha was his brother's kid.

The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry." (Sahih Bukhari 7.18)
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2006
i dont know who the bukharis are .

What i know are they Right things to live by and leave the rest for those digging deeper wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2006
OK lovebwoy
please remain that way and dig no deeper.
Any deeper we may end up with problems.

Better still ask Christ,the epitome of perfection,born without sin and knew no sin to come into your heart and make it his home.
He says He is standing at the door aknocking.
And to anyone that opens,He will come in and give you a brand new heart.
Christ alone has the power to deliver.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Neoteny(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2006
@whoever cares to read

the question of wether we can justify acts of violence committed in the name of religion is not valid, for if the biblical God (who knows more than you, supposedly) commanded and inspired men and spirits to kill wantonly and for the merest infraction on the part of nonbelievers then i fail to see how we should question his wisdom in such acts since as god he knows better. the christian world in all its revisions of the bible (where they take out offensive or inconsistent contents) saw fit to leave such material in all its gore, and that to me means such slaughters are given validity and even justification by the scribes of and editors of christendom. if that be the case, why should we muslims question Allah's wisdom when he commands us to slay those who denigrate the person of the Prophet? and let me here tell you that almost the whole bunch of you arguing in this thread  do not realize that we cannot bring ourselves as true muslims to disparage the character of Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) because he is an eminent personality in Islam, as is his mother Mary after whom a whole chapter is named in the Quran (Maryam).  obviously some people are trying to incite rage in the muslim members of Nairaland. but it wont work, agent provocateurs!

someone said my earlier comments on the Biblical slaughters were out of context, but i gave chapters and verses for any to read and it is plain for all to see. and my argument, kid, is not flawed; all it does is to point out that the christian god too gave commands to people to kill without bothering to explain himself to mere, mere mortals.

and yes the jews didnt kill jesus cos he was a christian (the term "christian" is a pauline invention, never mentioned in the bible), but they did kill him cos they said he claimed to be a messiah, so his crucifixion was on religious grounds.

and to the one who said cartoons were made out of the holocaust blah blah and nobody got killed-well,sir, that was a mockery of a christian horror meted out on jews, not an Eminent personality. of course, modern christians see nothing inherently wrong when hollywood and the likes of Dan Brown mock god, jesus and the Bible be it in Dogma or Da Vinci Code. christians laugh it off because they have lost the strength of their faith, diluted by the filth of the west. and i say to you that you have lost sight of the principles your christ bled and died for if you can join the heathens in putting a crown of thorn on your savior and laugh while swigging pepsi cola. we muslims refuse to go that way.

violence seems the predominant issue here, and people seem to lose sight of the fact that if you take all the violence of the 20th to the 21st century and weigh it, over 99% percent of it lies at the non-muslim doorstep. we didnt do the first world war nor the second, we didnt do korea, we didnt do vietnam, we didnt do panama, and we sure as hell didnt do the gulf wars (ok, saddam is a beast, but that didnt justify the last gulf war) so on what basis are we to be called violent? the IRA took more lives down history than hamas took, so why are we not branding the whole irish stock as violent? or is it because they are christians? selective amnesia really works for you guys, doesnt it?

im not going to address certain people in this post because going by their vituperative and counterproductive posts, they are nothing short of Godless scum for whom the notion of a God is too much to swallow. therefore they rant against the Prophet of Islam (SAW) and given half a chance they will take down Jesus(PBUH) too. so my muslim brothers and sisters, simply ignore the venomous ones and address the more sensible ones such as cristally.

one of the unwashed heathens said our prophet took women captives.= If you see a pretty woman among the captives and would like her for a wife, then just bring her home and "go in unto her." Later, if you decide you don't like her, you can "let her go." deuteronomy 21:11-14

now let's talk about sex in the bible.

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Pet.2:7-8. 19:8

Lot and his daughters camp out in a cave for a while. The daughters get their "just and righteous" father drunk, and have sexual intercourse with him, and each conceives and bears a son (wouldn't you know it!). Just another wholesome family values Bible story. genesis 19:30-38

"Have they not divided the prey; to every man a damsel or two?" judges 5:30

After God killed Er, Judah tells Onan to "go in unto thy brother's wife." But "Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and ,  when he went in unto his brother's wife ,  he spilled it on the ground,  And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; wherefore he slew him also." This lovely Bible story is seldom read in Sunday School, but it is the basis of many Christian doctrines, including the condemnation of both masturbation and birth control. genesis 38:8-10

If a man has sex with another man, kill them both (gay rights in modern age, huh?.leviticus 20:13

"And the Lord visited Hannah [again], so that she conceived." Did he get her pregnant in the usual way?  1 samuel 2:21

Old King David tries to get some heat by having a beautiful virgin minister unto him. 1 kings 1:1-4

"And Tamar his daughter in law bore him Pharez, " .1 Chronicles 2:4 (See Gen.38 for all the sordid details)

The author of this psalm allegedly is David. If so, then it's not surprising that his "loins" would be "filled with a loathsome disease." After all, his promiscuity was legendary, and he probably didn't practice safe sex. psalms 38:5, 7

"I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste." song of solomon 2:3

Isaiah has sex with a prophetess who conceives and bears a son. (You weren't expecting a daughter, were you?) God then tells Isaiah to call his name Mathershalalhashbaz. (It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) isaiah 8:3

in jeremiah  13:22 God compares the destruction of Jerusalem to the rape of a woman who deserves to be raped because she has sinned. um, so some women DESERVE to be RAPED?

Two sisters were guilty of "committing whoredoms" by pressing their breasts and bruising "the teats of their virginity." As a punishment, one sister's unclothedness was discovered, her children were taken from her, and she was killed by the sword. And the fate of the surviving sister was even worse: Her nose and ears were cut off, she was made to "pluck off" her own breasts, and then after being raped and mutilated, she is stoned to death. ezekiel 23:1-49
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by tomi29: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2006
Please you've done enough quoting(unfortunately you've mostly quoted out of context). What have you proved. Christianity is violent? hmm
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2006
The point is how can a man who slept with a 9 year old,a paedophile in today's vocabulary claim he's leading people to God,and great hordes of humanity follow him and kill innocent people on his behalf.
One can accept Christ claims because he was sinless,an epitome of perfection.It's not just only the Gospel writers that proclaim this,even secular Roman historians agree on the facts of his life.
@ Neoteny we are not saying there is no sex in the bible,it was God Himself that created it.A lot of people you refer to were humans like Mohammed but they don't make outrageous claims about how perfect they are or how they're leading people to God,because the historical facts of their lives show that they were ordinary human beings.
The sordid facts of Mohammed's life rebuke all his moral posturings.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2006
I keep telling the Muslims on this forum to compare the life of Christ and Muhammad and this neoteny guy keeps quoting out of context old testament happenings.

The Bible makes it clear that with the coming of Christ,there came a new commandment and so Christians are not under the law and do not advocate any of  the historical accounts he keeps parading.

did you also read the punishment meted out to David for his actions and that given to the daughters of Lot.
NO you do not care to know how they ended up for such actions,you only care about what they did how juvenile.

You may also want to know had Solomon,like Mo had several wives and several concubines hence his professing love for them just like Mo did.
Solomon is not my ultimate example,Mo is yours.

Christ is our most holy example.
Muhammad is yours.

Let us compare the two,what did allah do to Muhammad for his perverted ways?
Nothing that is why you still follow his examples.

Compare Christ to Mo,let's start from the basics
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2006
Mohammeds own words not mine.

Muhammad said. "By Allah, though I am the apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me." Vol. 5:266[/color][color=#990000]

other interesting quotes promising sex and more sex.

33:50 - "Prophet, We have made lawful to you , the slave girls whom God has given you as booty."

4:24 - And all married women (are forbidden) unto your save those (captives) whom your right hand possesses.

The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause , will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) (Hadith Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1 Book 2 Number 35)
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by m4malik(m): 1:49am On Aug 18, 2006
LoverBwoy:

an autobiography of Muhammed is not a holy book

I've been sitting behind the screen and just reading so far until now - and I must give credit to you for being one of the very few who make any sense at all.

It is true that Muhammad's biography is not a holy book, even though some Muslims revere the Hadiths as much as they do the Qur'an. However, my concern has been that the one who claimed to be the "last Prophet" should not have lived contrary to the calling of holy prophet.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by GL(f): 2:55am On Aug 18, 2006
To answer the original question, I don't think muslims are bad. I'm not a muslim, but have muslim friends. They're ok. The problem is with the muslim fanatics, the extremists. We've got a lot of christian extremists, but they get the worst opposition from other christians. The way other christians handle these extremists makes them seem less harmful. There have been cases where well-respected Preachers make bad public statements, you see christians from all corners rebuking them till they have to accept they've made mistakes. If muslims can really show such hatred to extremism (and not just say they hate it), the general perception of muslims being extremists would change.

Plus, even though many muslims try to make these evildoers look like they're not obeying the Koran, these guys have somehow incorporated their evil message into Islam. They have the loudest voice concerning Islam. They are the ones who are telling the whole world what Islam is all about. They are teaching this hatred for christians and Jews to muslim kids. U see young muslims in Western countries supporting terrorists. they rationalize terrorism and oppression in Islamic countries. the good muslims really need to do something to stop this evil seed from growing.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by kafero(m): 6:57am On Aug 18, 2006
Islam is a religion- Christianity is not a religion(it is the life of GOD in a man). You will not know this except you are a christian.
Don't just be a muslim or a christian because your parents are one.Search the meaning of what you are giving your to before you commit yourself into it.
If you are a muslim read the part that talk about Jesus both in the Bible and the Quaran- compare notes and hold fast to that which is true.
Quaran made mention of salvation about once, the Bible made mention of salvation many many times. I will rather believe the book( the Bible) that talk about salvation more if I want to be saved than the book (Quaran) that talk about it only once.
Wolex man be BORN AGAIN.
As per your question- muslims are not bad but what some people do in the name of Islam is horrible.See one major difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christians allow GOD to fight for them but Muslims fight for themselves
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2006
@kafero
I will rather believe the book( the Bible) that talk about salvation more if I want to be saved than the book (Quaran) that talk about it only once.

hmm, Amsure that is not why you are a chirstain

By the way what is your mean'g of "salvation"!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by ogrebuga(m): 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2006
I dnt even know where to start from, Its rather sad that when people come together to talk about issues of common interests,instead of trying to understand each other, they end up bickering until one party takes offence, and the other side retaliates and , example: babyosisi, u used all sorts of derogatory words to describe mohammed(S.A.W),now this is a man we muslims are supposed to love probably as much as u love jesus(peace be upon him),I or 1 would not pick up an argument cos of that,cos i know its ur conviction that made u say so,and whatever made me start a topic about my religion i'l let u run my mouth, now if someone who is of a quicker temper sees this,and gets angry and starts insulting you,u'd say muslims are intolerant,violent. U know when u say derogatory things about our religion,some of us dont have the patience to deal with it, so why is that alot of christians(personal experience now) cant help but insult our religion or parts of it? The world would be a better place if u stop trying to annoy a fellow human just to show he is intolerant, And to my muslim brothers and sisters,pls for Allahs sake DO NOT abuse jesus(pbuh),remember he's a prophet of Allah also, and do not mock the Bible, that it has been changed does not change the fact that it is still a holy book,recognised by the Quran. People when asked - Are muslims bad? tend to base their answer on personal conviction, even though they know plenty of muslims who are their "friends", e.g. wen i wuz in secondary skool, i ha d some friends who were rather close,i.e. until the day they told me i was going to hell and that all muslims are animals,
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by enugu(f): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2006
Neoteny:

@whoever cares to read

the question of wether we can justify acts of violence committed in the name of religion is not valid, for if the biblical God (who knows more than you, supposedly) commanded and inspired men and spirits to kill wantonly and for the merest infraction on the part of nonbelievers then i fail to see how we should question his wisdom in such acts since as god he knows better. the christian world in all its revisions of the bible (where they take out offensive or inconsistent contents) saw fit to leave such material in all its gore, and that to me means such slaughters are given validity and even justification by the scribes of and editors of christendom. if that be the case, why should we muslims question Allah's wisdom when he commands us to slay those who denigrate the person of the Prophet? and let me here tell you that almost the whole bunch of you arguing in this thread do not realize that we cannot bring ourselves as true muslims to disparage the character of Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) because he is an eminent personality in Islam, as is his mother Mary after whom a whole chapter is named in the Quran (Maryam). obviously some people are trying to incite rage in the muslim members of Nairaland. but it wont work, agent provocateurs!

someone said my earlier comments on the Biblical slaughters were out of context, but i gave chapters and verses for any to read and it is plain for all to see. and my argument, kid, is not flawed; all it does is to point out that the christian god too gave commands to people to kill without bothering to explain himself to mere, mere mortals.

and yes the jews didnt kill jesus because he was a christian (the term "christian" is a pauline invention, never mentioned in the bible), but they did kill him because they said he claimed to be a messiah, so his crucifixion was on religious grounds.

and to the one who said cartoons were made out of the holocaust blah blah and nobody got killed-well,sir, that was a mockery of a christian horror meted out on jews, not an Eminent personality. of course, modern christians see nothing inherently wrong when hollywood and the likes of Dan Brown mock god, jesus and the Bible be it in Dogma or Da Vinci Code. christians laugh it off because they have lost the strength of their faith, diluted by the filth of the west. and i say to you that you have lost sight of the principles your christ bled and died for if you can join the heathens in putting a crown of thorn on your savior and laugh while swigging pepsi cola. we muslims refuse to go that way.

violence seems the predominant issue here, and people seem to lose sight of the fact that if you take all the violence of the 20th to the 21st century and weigh it, over 99% percent of it lies at the non-muslim doorstep. we didnt do the first world war nor the second, we didnt do korea, we didnt do vietnam, we didnt do panama, and we sure as hell didnt do the gulf wars (ok, saddam is a beast, but that didnt justify the last gulf war) so on what basis are we to be called violent? the IRA took more lives down history than hamas took, so why are we not branding the whole irish stock as violent? or is it because they are christians? selective amnesia really works for you guys, doesnt it?

im not going to address certain people in this post because going by their vituperative and counterproductive posts, they are nothing short of Godless scum for whom the notion of a God is too much to swallow. therefore they rant against the Prophet of Islam (SAW) and given half a chance they will take down Jesus(PBUH) too. so my muslim brothers and sisters, simply ignore the venomous ones and address the more sensible ones such as cristally.

one of the unwashed heathens said our prophet took women captives.= If you see a pretty woman among the captives and would like her for a wife, then just bring her home and "go in unto her." Later, if you decide you don't like her, you can "let her go." deuteronomy 21:11-14

now let's talk about sex in the bible.

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Pet.2:7-8. 19:8

Lot and his daughters camp out in a cave for a while. The daughters get their "just and righteous" father drunk, and have sexual intercourse with him, and each conceives and bears a son (wouldn't you know it!). Just another wholesome family values Bible story. genesis 19:30-38

"Have they not divided the prey; to every man a damsel or two?" judges 5:30

After God killed Er, Judah tells Onan to "go in unto thy brother's wife." But "Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and , when he went in unto his brother's wife , he spilled it on the ground, And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; wherefore he slew him also." This lovely Bible story is seldom read in Sunday School, but it is the basis of many Christian doctrines, including the condemnation of both masturbation and birth control. genesis 38:8-10

If a man has sex with another man, kill them both (gay rights in modern age, huh?.leviticus 20:13

"And the Lord visited Hannah [again], so that she conceived." Did he get her pregnant in the usual way? 1 samuel 2:21

Old King David tries to get some heat by having a beautiful virgin minister unto him. 1 kings 1:1-4

"And Tamar his daughter in law bore him Pharez, " .1 Chronicles 2:4 (See Gen.38 for all the sordid details)

The author of this psalm allegedly is David. If so, then it's not surprising that his "loins" would be "filled with a loathsome disease." After all, his promiscuity was legendary, and he probably didn't practice safe sex. psalms 38:5, 7

"I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste." song of solomon 2:3

Isaiah has sex with a prophetess who conceives and bears a son. (You weren't expecting a daughter, were you?) God then tells Isaiah to call his name Mathershalalhashbaz. (It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) isaiah 8:3

in jeremiah 13:22 God compares the destruction of Jerusalem to the rape of a woman who deserves to be raped because she has sinned. um, so some women DESERVE to be RAPED?

Two sisters were guilty of "committing whoredoms" by pressing their breasts and bruising "the teats of their virginity." As a punishment, one sister's unclothedness was discovered, her children were taken from her, and she was killed by the sword. And the fate of the surviving sister was even worse: Her nose and ears were cut off, she was made to "pluck off" her own breasts, and then after being raped and mutilated, she is stoned to death. ezekiel 23:1-49

Neoteny,

I like the fact that just like Babyosisi, you are taking time out to make your point, factualy; but as a curious human being, why is curiousity about Islam such a prickly issue? This is MY experience. I know that not all muslims are not that way about Islam but my questions are yet to be answered. One can go on and on, comparing Christianity and Islam and we wouldn't get anywhere because religious issues are very emotive and nobody ever wins in such arguments.

You, on the other hand, appear to be using facts rather than emotions to reply, so can you please answer this question- Why is the issue of Islam so prickly with muslims? I'm not concerned with comparing Islam with Christianity, I just want to know why, that's all
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Inka: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2006
Look if books on every subject on earth are periodically reviewed and revised why can't the bible,quran,torah and every other crappy religious book attributed to God go through the same kind of scrutiny? Every problem on earth is caused by religious zealots who think their God is the right one. All religion is is a form of manipulation and control of the populace. Nobody actually has evidence that the guys that are supposed to be the chosen ones even existed, I'm talkin bout Jesus and Muhammed. If every religion claims that God is merciful why would he give man 50 different religions to choose from and each one says theirs is the true path to God. Not to single muslims out but Y'ALL MUTHAFUCCAS ARE FUCCING CRAZY ,maybe not all y'all but imagine sunnis and shi'ites murdering each other and christians got to be the MOST SELF RIGHTEOUS FUCCAS ON EARTH, talking bout the only true path to paradise is through jesus and being"born again". There are people of different religions who live righteous lives, you wanna tell me they are going to hell because they don't believe in a man who there is no actual evidence of his existence, i grew in a christian household but FUCC OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIIT. And the bible was actually compiled by the Roman Catholic church, the muthafuccas with the micheal jackson syndrome.
In my humble opinion we are all gods and goddesses deep inside our souls, and all we have to do to achieve paradise is to treat our fellow men right. angry grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2006
Ogrebuga.
Everything I said I supported with quotes from the Hadith or Koran.

Muslims have always touted this "the Bible has been changed" tale.
So can you please show us your original Koranic version of the Bible and the changes that were made or stop propagating false baseless news that you heard from an Imam.

The scriptures have always remained the same.
The Koran and Hadiths on the other hand keeps abrogating some "not so holy" aspects of Muhammad to make him a saint,am I lying?
What about Satanic verses?.

@Enugu I understand your question was directed at some other person but you remember when Salman Rushdie had a fatwah placed on his head for exposing the religion of Islam of the areas they prefer hidden,he went into hiding,I ran to the bookstores in London and bought me a copy of his book.

Muslims cannot deceive the world any longer by thumping this "peace" thing at us despite the glaring reality of our day.
You can now read the Bible as well as the Koran online in English from the comfort of your own homes.

I was not interested much in these people despite the terrorist activities in Northern Nigeria against Christians but September 11 was an eye opener to the whole world the mindset of individuals we are forced to deal with.
Every religion will always produce people like its leader.
Idol Worshippers imbibe the attributes of the idols they worship.
The same way,Muslims also will have and aspire to have the nature of Muhammad.

As a curious person,I wanted to find out how a religion that was said to be peaceful ,could produce a bunch of hooligans rejoicing in the streets and shouting death to America and Israel the whole Muslim world over as people mourned their loved ones,burning flags and idolizing Osamma bin laden.
In Kano I heard most all the baby boys born that period were named Osama,im my own country.

Remember that about 300 Muslims perished in those attacks.
On reading the Koran,

I find out that Allah said they could marry up to 4 wives but Muhammad could not even keep that command,he had about12 to 16 wives.

He killed so many people in his life and that explains the murderous nature of Islamists.

He took concubines and taught that it was Okay to rape women captured from war.

He married a 6 year old girl still playing with dolls and had carnal knowledge of her at 9.

He said in several places to kill non believers,hunt them down and  destroy them        .

He promised virgins to matyres,sex and booze.

So many things that flabaghasted me.

I now began to understand why the Muslims feel a need to defend Islam and why they would kill after the Danish cartoons and why they are so militant,they are commanded to defend Islam.
The koran actually tells them to kill people who speak against their faith
It is not entirely their fault.
[/color][color=#990000]They are only obeying the religion.

I am saying all this for the benefit of any that were Ignorant like myself of this religion.
Unfortunately the truth is not very pleasant and I have not made up any of the hadiths or koran passages I quoted.

If we were face to face,my life would be in great danger for revealing these things but again many have turned to Christ for finding these truths out so I know it may help someone.
If I have made up any of the claims,let someone challenge me and I will give you the area it is written full text so you can get the whole context.

I will not hide the truth just to please someone,the whole world needs to hear this.

I will write more later.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by parkerdrt: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2006
i cannot believe this-a posting stating "we are not bad,it's just that we have a lot of negativity against us."i think someone once said that maturing begins by accepting responsibility for our actions.if islam has a negative perception,we should begin to examine the issues that has led to that.when bin laden killed lots of innocent people in america,what was the response amongst muslim people?no xtian would kill in the name of xtianity and receive applause.when salman rushdie wrote The Satanic Verses,what was the islamic response?kill him!what has happened in the xtian world when books are written alleging that christ had a relationship with mary magdaline?did xtians ask for the head of dan brown after he wrote davinci code?why do muslims enjoy freedoms in western nations that they are not willing to accord others?why do some british and american muslims hate their countries so much but do not relocate to pakistan or afghanistan,rather than enjou the benefits of these societies while at the same time seeking to destroy them?this sounds hypocritica to me.the world is not a fair place.the difference between us is that when some of us are aggrieved we do not threaten to blow up the world.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2006
parkerdrt:

i cannot believe this-a posting stating "we are not bad,it's just that we have a lot of negativity against us."i think someone once said that maturing begins by accepting responsibility for our actions.if islam has a negative perception,we should begin to examine the issues that has led to that.when bin laden killed lots of innocent people in america,what was the response amongst muslim people?no xtian would kill in the name of xtianity and receive applause.when salman rushdie wrote The Satanic Verses,what was the islamic response?kill him!what has happened in the xtian world when books are written alleging that christ had a relationship with mary magdaline?did xtians ask for the head of dan brown after he wrote davinci code?why do muslims enjoy freedoms in western nations that they are not willing to accord others?why do some british and american muslims hate their countries so much but do not relocate to pakistan or afghanistan,rather than enjou the benefits of these societies while at the same time seeking to destroy them?this sounds hypocritica to me.the world is not a fair place.the difference between us is that when some of us are aggrieved we do not threaten to blow up the world.
e

For the first time,a Muslim asking the same questions we want to get answers to.
Not like the ostriches that prefer to bury their heads in the sand and point fingers at everyone else but themselves.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by parkerdrt: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2006
babyosisi,i'm not a muslim.regards.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2006
sorry,you had quoted someone,I thought you were referring to yourself.
Phew,I would have thought,this must be a different Muslim breed lol.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by goodbobo: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2006
Please dont let us argue again . I am sure that if the muslims in this forum were not born into the religion and are newly introduce to both christianity and Islam , they will choose christianity .

How can somebody tell me he will choose a religion that says :

U can kill human being made by God almighty and leave a religion that says love ur neighbour even love ur enemies .

How can u tell me u will choose a religion that directs ur life to a particular Race (arab) , Location ( Mecca) and particular Language ( arabic) and leave a religion that tells u That I God I am every where , I hear all languages . I am God of all Flesh . U can be in Lagos , Ijebu , US , Owerri , Ghana , speak ur language I can hear u .

Please , .Please stop decieving urselves ,

Last week , on the road i saw like 4 islamic ladies , the were completely covered up even their eyes are completely coverd , as in completely covered .( what the yorubas call EKEHA) , come on .

how can u say u will choose a religion that gives a woman no identity , u are only there because u were born into it .

I asked a yoruba muslim friend of mine that if u have a son that converts to another religion , what will u do . He was so reluctant to tell me but he had to admit that he will have to kill him . i said why he said his holy book says he should kill him.

At this point i can assure u all that there is no reason to argue .

Muslim do u know that in Christianity , according to what Jesus said in the bible , u can not kill any body . u can not wish any body bad . u can not envy any body . it is even so good to the extent that if someone slaps u , Jesus says u shpuld turn the other side of ur face to recieve the other slap . meaning ,

All these means , there is no form of violence , i repeat no form of violence , i say again , no form of violence in the teaching of Jesus Christ , And u seat there saying one religion is a religion of peace , wake up , I never even knew that Mohammed did all that was said about him . Na wa o . I think may be when u muslims read those portion of ur holy book , u try to ignore it .

Please make we no argue again
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2006
I did not make this up.
The apostle here refers to Muhammad.

Ishaq:311 “The Apostle saw Ummu’l when she was a baby crawling before his feet and said, ‘If she grows up, I will marry her.’ But he died before he was able to do so.”

Bukhari:V4B52N143/V5B59N523 “When we reached Khaybar, Muhammad said that Allah had enabled him to conquer them. It was then that the beauty of Safiyah was described to him. Her husband had been killed [by Muhammad], so Allah’s Apostle selected her for himself. He took her along with him till we reached a place where her menses were over and he took her for his wife, consummating his marriage to her, and forcing her to wear the veil.’”

Ishaq:517 “When the Apostle took Safiyah on his way out of town, she was beautified and combed, putting her in a fitting state for the Messenger. The Apostle passed the night with her in his tent. Abu Ayyub, girt with his sword, guarded the Apostle, going round the tent until he saw him emerge in the morning. Abu said, ‘I was afraid for you with this woman for you have killed her father, her husband, and her people.”[/color][color=#000099][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2006
More on Mohammeds escapades they thought you'll never find out.

Tabari IX:133 “Juwayriyyah was chosen by the Messenger for himself on the day of the Muraysi raid from the captives.” “Muhammad married Umm, who had embraced Christianity.”

Tabari IX:134 “Muhammad took Zaynab [his daughter-in-law] but Allah did not find any fault in the [incestuous] relationship and ordered the marriage.”

Tabari IX:135 “When the Prophet scrutinized the captives on the day of Khaybar, he threw his cloak over Safayah. Thus she was his chosen one.” Tabari IX:139 “The Messenger married Ghaziyyah after the news of her beauty and skill had reached him.” Tabari IX:137 “Allah granted Rayhanah of the [Jewish] Qurayza to His Messenger as booty [but only after she had been forced to watch him decapitate her father and brother, seen her mother hauled off to be raped, and her sisters sold into slavery].”

Tabari IX:137 “Mariyah, a Copt slave, was presented to the Prophet. She was given to him by Muqawqis, the ruler of Alexandria.”

Tabari IX:138 “The Prophet married Aliyyah, a Bakr woman. He gave her gifts for divorce and left her. He also married Qutaylah, but he died before he could consummate the marriage.

Tabari IX:139 “Layla approached the Prophet while his back was to the sun and clapped him on his shoulder. He asked her who it was and she replied, ‘I am the daughter of one who competes with the wind. I am Layla. I have come to offer myself to you.’ He replied, ‘I accept.’” [Layla shared her story with her parents.] “They said, ‘What a bad thing you have done! You are a self-respecting girl, but the Prophet is a womanizer.’”
Tabari IX:147 “A eunuch named Mubur was presented to Muhammad along with two slave girls. One he took as a concubine, the other he gave to Haasn.”

Ishaq:186 “He took me into Paradise and there I saw a damsel with dark red lips. I asked her to whom she belonged, for she pleased me much when I saw her.”

Bukhari:V4B52N211 “I participated in a Ghazwa [raid] with the Prophet. I said, ‘Apostle, I am a bridegroom.’ He asked me whether I had married a virgin or matron. I answered, ‘A matron.’ He said, ‘Why not a virgin who would have played with you? Then you could have played with her.’ ‘Apostle! My father was martyred and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl as young as them.’”

Tabari VIII:100 “The Messenger sent Hatib to Muqawqis, the ruler of Alexandria. Hatib delivered the letter of the Prophet, and Muqawqis gave Allah’s Apostle four slave girls.”Bukhari:V9B86N98 “The Prophet said, ‘A virgin should not be married till she is asked for her consent.’ ‘O Apostle! How will the virgin express her consent?’ He said, ‘By remaining silent.’”
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2006
instead of copying another website onto this one i think it will be a good idea to market the book you are reading from or direct people the website

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2006
Allah's paradise.

Qur’an 76:5 “As for the righteous, they will drink a cup of wine from a spring, making it gush forth abundantly.

” Qur’an 76:19 “And round them shall serve immortal boys of perpetual freshness, never altering in age. If you saw them, you would think they were scattered pearls.

” Qur’an 76:21 “Upon them will be green garments of fine green silk and heavy gold brocade. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver; their Lord will slack their thirst with wine.”

Qur’an 77:41 “The righteous shall be amidst cool shades, springs, and fruits—all they desire. Eat and drink to your heart’s content.”

Qur’an 78:31 “Verily for those who follow Us, there will be a fulfillment of your desires: enclosed Gardens, grapevines, voluptuous full-breasted maidens of equal age, and a cup full to the brim of wine. There they never hear vain discourse nor lying—a gift in payment—a reward from your Lord.”
Qur’an 83:22 “The believers will be in Delightful Bliss: On couch-like thrones, gazing, their thirst will be slaked with pure wine.”

Qur’an 85:11 “For those who believe and do good deeds will be Gardens; the fulfillment of all desires.”Bukhari:V7B69N494 “I heard the Prophet saying, ‘From among my followers there will be some who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, to be lawful. Allah will destroy them during the night and will let mountains fall on them. He will transform the rest into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Doom.’”
Bukhari:V4B54N476-544 “The Prophet said, ‘In Paradise they will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Everyone will have two virgins who will be so beautiful and transparent the bones of their legs will be seen through their flesh.’”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition / It Is Haram To Celebrate New Years! / What Do The Scholars Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.