Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,860 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 AM

What Should This Be Called? - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Should This Be Called? (15776 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
D9ty7:

Happy new year ma'am. I actually thought you are still on winter break. Its good to have you back.
Happy new year sir, we actually have summer during the festive season not winter. cheesy

I am back, for now though. What did I miss?
Re: What Should This Be Called? by D9ty7(m): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Happy new year sir, we actually have summer during the festive season not winter. cheesy

I am back, for now though. What did I miss?

Which country are you?
You missed nothing cos we've been waiting for you to officially kick-start this project.
Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
tushwitch:

isn't tryna get to FP kinda begging it?, what with plagiarists on rampage here..MHO
FrontPage or not, plagiarists still come here and steal people's work. I think its high time that everyone read Nairaland's disclaimer at the bottom of the page so that they have an idea of what he/she is getting into.

*Note; Nairaland does not condone plagiarism, its crime and you'll be dealt with arccordingly.

FrontPage is also about promoting good material, especially from this section. It generates traffic for authors. I've heard someone say he got a call from someone whom he doesn't know congrutulating him on his wonderful work. It might mean nothing to you but trust me, to us, it means everything.

1 Like

Re: What Should This Be Called? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
D9ty7:

Which country are you?
You missed nothing cos we've been waiting for you to officially kick-start this project.
D9ty7, are you aware that Ti.fannyJ has taken her leave too?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What Should This Be Called? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
D9ty7:

Which country are you?
D9ty7, are you aware that Ti.fannyJ has taken her leave too? 4 or 5 criminals are stealing her story.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
D9ty7:

Which country are you?
African's Switzerland.

Let me get to work, thanks.
Re: What Should This Be Called? by veave(f): 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
D9ty7:

Just exactly what I want to hear. Literature section not being a plce of fun anymore is down to the participants(mostly the readers. We both know that 98% of topics on this section are stories and readers neglect their duties by not dropping their comments on stories that they enjoy reading, thereby, leaving the author/poster discouraged.
Another issue is the issue of plagiarism. Most nairaland writers took a break of the screen cos the rate at which stories are been stolen, even the devil is crying.
And the last thing is poor representation. Stories no longer make frontpage, writers are not being heard anymore.
Its 2015, there will be massive improvement before February and this section will get back its lost glory.

Its good we are having this conversation right now... Both sides are to blame if you ask me. I see no reason why I would not drop comments if an author thrills and keeps me on my toes... In as much as most writers here are just starting out, there's no harm in doing a little research on what ever it is you would be writing on, be it horror, romance and what have you. It is expected that when you read a story/novel, you learn something even if its just a new word.

As for story thieves, may the devil have them...
Re: What Should This Be Called? by veave(f): 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
. Erm, ma'am. My own stories are nolonger here, just one left and even before I stopped updating I quoted Seun where he said this,

“Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.”

I explained that I couldn't continue because I had no legal protection on my work and still have plans for it so to avoid headache, I had to stop writing.

That doesn't mean I have given up on this section, I am here and will make things work out for good for us all.

Okay Ma'am. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
laykorn:

D9ty7, are you aware that Ti.fannyJ has taken her leave too? 4 or 5 criminals are stealing her story.
Ayamlaykorn
That's sad, really sad.

There's no law to protect us here, we need to be smart, its advisable we all have copyright of our works to avoid headaches, its easy to get rid of the culprits when we are legally protected.
Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
veave:

Okay Ma'am. Thanks.
Thank you too. smiley
Re: What Should This Be Called? by D9ty7(m): 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
laykorn:

Ayamlaykorn
Not at all bro. She mentioned it sometimes back while we were chatting outside Nairaland and I tried to convince her, her readers also did a good job in trying to make her change her mind. So she has left?
How many of us remain now?
Re: What Should This Be Called? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
That's sad, really sad.

There's no law to protect us here, we need to be smart, its advisable we all have copyright of our works to avoid headaches, its easy to get rid of the culprits when we are legally protected.
I was guilty of never taking the problem serious because I posted only poems until I found one of my poems on one Naija.tk site like that. The most heart-breaking part was that the poem had the number of likes even a front-page coverage of the poem on Nairaland would never get it. Lol.

I sent a message to the plaigarist and till today, I haven't gotten a reply.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: What Should This Be Called? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
laykorn:

I was guilty of never taking the problem serious because I posted only poems until I found one of my poems on one Naija.tk site like that. The most heart-breaking part was that the poem had the number of likes even a front-page coverage of the poem on Nairaland would never get it. Lol.

I sent a message to the plaigarist and till today, I haven't gotten a reply.
Ayamlaykorn
I am sorry to hear that, just sleep on my suggestion, in a long run it will help many.

Keep trying, if its still there don't just send one message. And also leave comments that will shake him up a bit, threats always work best for me.
Re: What Should This Be Called? by VanTee20(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2021
Who resurrected this old thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

****His Little Secret*** / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.