Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,795 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? (602 Views)

Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / I'm Cheating On My Husband And I Feel No Guilt / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by donodion(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
The saying "Say the truth and shame the devil" was constantly drummed into our hearing as we grew up.In fact, some of our elderly ones use to share with us how confession to certain naughty deeds spared them harsh sentences.Confessing to a wrong as we were taught would set your conscience free and obtain possible pardon or lesser punishment from the aggrieved.

However,it seem as the world and people ages,time evolves and people become the more MEAN.

How do you rationalise a case where a woman, after series of guilty conscience, confessed to some wrong doing in the past,in order to set her conscience free and seek forgiveness from aggrieved partner.But rather some consideratrion on her willingness to clear her slate and record..she ended been damned,ridiculed,subjected to mental and most times physical assault.In some instances,she would be told to her face she cant be forgiven.

An underpaid but overtly used domestic worker,at a time made away with madam of the houses set of 40 carat gold ear ring.All effort to find and recover the lost item proved unsuccessful.Yet after 6 months,she willy nilly besought the madam and confessed to doing the deed,pleading for pardon.Rather than consider her wilful confession and possible grief to repentance,she was assaulted,cursed and locked up in a police cell.

A company staff in finance dept with "itching fingers" have made away with good lump sums of money.His actions caused distrust between employer and his colleagues.3 years after,he sought his employer to seek possible restitution,but in return he ended up in jail after severe torture in the hands over zealous SARS officers.

Now the question for everyone with conscience i would like to ask....Is confession or restitution really worth it, despite such a noble step to right the wrongs of the past?
Or perhaps,its best to the past remain in the past.

Lets air our views and candid opinnions.
Re: Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by Beesluv: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
The best thing is to pray and abstain as much as possible from doing those acts
Re: Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by donodion(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Beesluv:
The best thing is to pray and abstain as much as possible from doing those acts

Ok..but what if....desperation...and i mean serious desperation could make one commit such act....where is forgiveness in this regard after confession?
Re: Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by Beesluv: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
donodion:

Ok..but what if....desperation...and i mean serious desperation could make one commit such act....where is forgiveness in this regard after confession?

Hmmmm, speechless
Re: Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
there are people who confess their crimes and still go on to commit more crimes. a guilty conscience shouldn't necessarily be the driving force for confession...because then, it's only all just emotions, and those emotions wear thin eventually.
confession basically shows that you're truly sorry for the wrong done, and are broken enough to not let pride or status get in your way of showing it.. no matter the outcome.
Re: Confession To Guilt :o Is It Really Worth It ??? by donodion(m): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Beesluv:

Hmmmm, speechless
Thank you for contribution sis.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day / Sacrilege!man 50, Arrested For Sleeping With 14 Year-old Daughter / If You Did This As A Kid,your Childhood Was Fun!i did almost all!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.